The Africa you dont see on T.V. (Warning may be shocking)

Options

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    14488246_d1bed9c569_b.jpg

PB040059.jpg

Nairobi, Kenya

2.jpg

111New_kenya_slide_101.jpg
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mombasa, Kenya-

kenya_mombasa04m.jpg

Dar as Salaam, Tanzania -

This is Zanzabar, Island - Arguably the most beautiful beach there is.

25-10-02%20Dar-es-salaam.jpg

Harare, Zimbabwe - 1.5 million

harare.jpg
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    HarARE continued

6881300_9a0c00d0e3.jpg?v=0

Wndhoek, Namibia - 1 million

windhoek.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Beautiful pictures.....I once again ask Busayo, what's wrong with posting these pics? Why is it bad to show the good going on in Africa?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Beautiful pictures.....I once again ask Busayo, what's wrong with posting these pics? Why is it bad to show the good going on in Africa?

Self Hatred.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Beautiful thread I hate the fact so many self loathing people are trying to throw salt on it...

I almost feel sorry for the self-loathing ? .

The authenticity of the Willie Lynch letter may be disputed but the principles laid down within it can not be denied when we see it manifest in Busayo.
    He never suffered the lash of the whip yet he acts as if he was emasculated, effeminized, and made a mental-slave by his colonial Berber masters or made a ? by some Arab slave-trader.......

Mother Africa is the cradle of civilization and the origin of humanity, no other landmass on the planet has the variety of beauty, wildlife, and culture that Afrika does.
    Regardless of strife and turmoil I have a love and passion for Afrika thats encoded in my D.N.A., I will return home as soon as I am financially able to do so.

And Step ? on them anyway
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited April 2010
    Options

i don't think you read my posts. it's the intent of the pics that are wrong.
    It's one thing to appreciate the beauty of Africa, it's another thing to post pics out of spite (why do you care what whites think of you).
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    i don't think you read my posts. it's the intent of the pics that are wrong.
    It's one thing to appreciate the beauty of Africa, it's another thing to post pics out of spite (why do you care what whites think of you).

You are the epitome of a self loathing human being, and who is posting pics out of spite. showing pictures of Africa s beautiful landscape architecture and scenery is posting pics out of spite?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

PB040059.jpg

This pic is awesome. I can't even imagine walking outside my crib and seeing a giraffe over in my neighbors yard.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    You are the epitome of a self loathing human being, and who is posting pics out of spite. showing pictures of Africa s beautiful landscape architecture and scenery is posting pics out of spite?

you might want to read and-step posts
  • white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The indigenous African population that still lives in the mud hut is responsible for building all that great architecture guys
  • hrap-120
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No wonder Jesus went to Africa...its beautiful.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you might want to read and-step posts

Read my post? FOH, Transatlantic ? . LOL.

This thread was started on the premise that Africa was much more than portrayed on major news outlets. All I did was post pictures. Your despise for anything African that doesn't fall under European tutelage and approval , came in trying to throw salt on the game. It was house ? like you that sold Patrice Lumumba down the river.

I have many friends from Africa and unfortunately I run into sell outs like yourself. I call them Afropeans. No African is good enough for you unless they bow down to the altar of white dominance.

Your house ? ass, even had the nerve to come in here verifying the Beauty of Africa only as approved by European sources like CNN and the like.
  • sankara
    sankara Members Posts: 33
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Africa is beautiful, its a shame alot of the governments are too strict for it to be enjoyed.

On the contrary bruh. If there's a continent where regulation is thrown out of the window then it has to be africa. ? driving, commotion, loud music is part of everyday life
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    It was house ? like you that sold Patrice Lumumba down the river.

lol what.....
  • sankara
    sankara Members Posts: 33
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you are right, the same qadaffi who was culpable in the chadian civil war, the same gadaffi who has allowed the mass deportation of black african immigrants. the same gadaffi who won't allow an election in his country.

there is nothing wrong in senegal in using the franc as in many west african countries. you obviously don't how currency works considering hong kong using a dollar (i guess hong kong is dependent on the US).

there is no balance in posting pics only an elite minority enjoy. This is like posting pics of the hamptons and beverly hills and claiming Americans live like this.
    be realistic for once.

Bus,
    You don't seem to understand. My dude hrap did not intend in any way to portray africa as some sort of utopia. What he intended to show was a side of africa that is rarely shown by the white-owned media which IMO is all good. Africa like all continents has its share of problems but its in a unique position in that its the least understood and most misunderstood continent. And the negative perceptions the west holds (about it) has a direct effect on the way they treat africa and africans.

And Step,
    Read up on Paul Kagame, Thomas Sankara, John Garang and Samora Machel - all of who did more for their people than Gaddafi did
  • hrap-120
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sankara wrote: »
    Bus,
    You don't seem to understand. My dude hrap did not intend in any way to portray africa as some sort of utopia. What he intended to show was a side of africa that is rarely shown by the white-owned media which IMO is all good. Africa like all continents has its share of problems but its in a unique position in that its the least understood and most misunderstood continent. And the negative perceptions the west holds (about it) has a direct effect on the way they treat africa and africans.

And Step,
    Read up on Paul Kagame, Thomas Sankara, John Garang and Samora Machel - all of who did more for their people than Gaddafi did
    Well spoken, you articulated the intent of this thread to perfection.

I appreciate the name-drops as well, I shamefully admit I have never heard of any of those brothers but I will hit library and net and raise my Afrika I.Q.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sankara wrote: »
    Bus,

And Step,
    I am familiar with all of them, particularly John Garang. He did not have enough time to do something for the people in the Southern Sudan. I am talking strictly tangible results. All of them did great work, but based on strictly results no modern African Leader is seeing Qadaffi, not even Mandela. Libya has one of the highest standards of living in Africa and they have virtually eradicated homelessness, they even built a man made river in a country that is predominately desert. And more importantly they retain their educated class better than anyone except South Africa. Even their unemployment rate is largely due to people not wanting to leave the rural areas. 80% literacy rate. Nationalizing oil industry so the people can reap the benefits.
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    Options
    People are delusional. To sugar coat something because their is some change and not enough is still a failure. It is like South America. Cool there are some of the most beautiful cities in the world, but there are towns that still does not have running water. Be happy it is a step in the right direction, but celebrate when the job is complete.
  • JQUEENS21
    edited April 2010
    Options
    that's what we're trying to do here...

Just sounding too much like let's party cuz half of it is done.
  • JQUEENS21
    edited April 2010
    Options
    there is at least one person in this thread who wasn't even aware that these views even existed on the entire continent of Africa. as shameful as that is, it gets worse...after a few pages of previously unseen vistas, other people in the thread started talking down on the people posting pics, as if they were doing the country a disservice. is that not ? up??

I understand that and I took it in comparison with I know more of and its similarities. You have to understand that in both situations, this is a minority of what is going on. And in that minority, who is really behind the scenes. One of my most backed beliefs is one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. One of the biggest cases of this is the Somalian pirates. Able to hold the world for millions in ransoms. But most of these pirates are still dirt poor. But, there are bankers, lawyers and other people behind the scenes sipping Dom P in some swank place tonight. So how is this a victory. Look at the hand me down attire the people are wearing in some of the pictures. This is the backbone of these cities, you think they are going home to anything those pictures are showing. In my culture, we call what they are going home to is EL CAMPO.
  • hrap-120
    edited April 2010
    Options
    there is at least one person in this thread who wasn't even aware that these views even existed on the entire continent of Africa. as shameful as that is, it gets worse...after a few pages of previously unseen vistas, other people in the thread started talking down on the people posting pics, as if they were doing the country a disservice. is that not ? up??
    Its actually sad that so many sick-minded weirdo's are actually offended by people posting videos and pictures of the Afrika that we seldom see in the media...most of those posters are either white or aspiring to be. I feel sorry for their mothers....since none of them are verified posters we might be safe to assume that they are all the same person posting under different aliases.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I say we all just pack up and go home after seeing these pictures....real talk
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I say we all just pack up and go home after seeing these pictures....real talk

I would love to but my money is not right at this time.....I'm a security guard..........smh....at least I'm graduating from college in 2 months though. Wish me luck ya'll.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    I was inspired to make this thread after hearing a racist policeman tell a little Afrikan-American girl who was riding her bicycle in the street to "Get out of the friggin' street, you wanna act like you're in a jungle you can go back to Africa"[/I

...damn