The Africa you dont see on T.V. (Warning may be shocking)

Options
123457»

Comments

• fkdmr
    fkdmr Members Posts: 12
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Most people with intelligence watched the videos that were posted that showed the NATURE of Afrika but some idiots just skimmed through some pictures and made an ignorant assumption that this is only concrete buildings & skyscrapers. Ignorant.

If you have some pictures/videos of the beauty that you speak of please feel free to share them, if not be gone.

hahaha yea cause it takes intelligence to push a play button. I actually viewed all the videos. The discussion in this thread is mostly about the buildings so what I wanted to point out was how that shouldn't be highlighted as the 'beauty' of Africa.
    And Step wrote: »
    Well if you wanted to see that then you should have probably watched the videos posted. They highlighted the natural beauty of the continent as well.

There's no beauty in skyscrapers and superficial buildings, jus a display of human abilities.

If you read my last sentence you would of understood that the beauty of Afrika has never been its industrial progress but instead the nature Afrika possess'. So again, in my opinion, the PICTURES and the VIDEOS should ONLY highlight the environmental beauty.
  • fkdmr
    fkdmr Members Posts: 12
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That would have defeated the whole purpose of the thread. We all know about the natural beauty of the country. As was implied in the first post, most people only think of Africa as being war torn villages or the jungle/savannah wilderness. The whole point of the thread was to show that the continent has beautiful modern cities too. There is nothing wrong with modernization as long as there is an effort made to protect the natural beauty too.

Also, people ? me with the hating on western civilization. How are you going to get on the internet, a product of western civilization, and use it to bash western civilization? If you really hate western civilization, then you should log off and never get on again. I'm not saying western civilization is all good. I'm not saying it hasn't been a curse in many ways. It has, but let's not act like it's all bad, and let's not act like we all don't indulge in many of the things that are starkly western.

True dat, I re-read the original topic and saw that the t/s hinted on the economical development the continent made, my bad.

Because as far as whites are concerned a ? is a ? . There is no difference to them. And others just follow suit subconscious.

Yea true, but why are the supposed 'black' people doing it?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fkdmr wrote: »

There's no beauty in skyscrapers and superficial buildings, jus a display of human abilities.

If you read my last sentence you would of understood that the beauty of Afrika has never been its industrial progress but instead the nature Afrika possess'. So again, in my opinion, the PICTURES and the VIDEOS should ONLY highlight the environmental beauty.

I have to disagree with you here. It's kind of closeminded to say that the works of man aren't beautiful just because you prefer natural splendor. I too prefer natural settings over urban ones, but it's fronting to say that there is no beauty in many of the constructions of humans.