The Africa you dont see on T.V. (Warning may be shocking)

Options

Comments

• hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    you are right, the same qadaffi who was culpable in the chadian civil war, the same gadaffi who has allowed the mass deportation of black african immigrants. the same gadaffi who won't allow an election in his country.

there is nothing wrong in senegal in using the franc as in many west african countries. you obviously don't how currency works considering hong kong using a dollar (i guess hong kong is dependent on the US).

there is no balance in posting pics only an elite minority enjoy. This is like posting pics of the hamptons and beverly hills and claiming Americans live like this.
    be realistic for once.

Your coonery knows no bounds....

Are you some idiotic fool too stupid to understand that this thread is about the beauty of afrika and not the ugliness?? What is your malfunction?? What is your sickness??

You keep running back to this thread like a dog to his ? , this thread is about THE AFRICA YOU DONT SEE ON T.V. you ? ' imbecilic buffoon.
    Go play with your barbie dolls or brush your teeth before everyone smells my ass on your breath you stalker. I pity your ancestors, descendants, associations, and immediate family.

How dare you slander Qaddafi, he has a country 2/3 dessert and its almost completely self-sustained with food...he's not buying rice from Texas. Qaddafi has made more with his internal resources more than almost anyone else in Afrika. The Libyan people adore that man, and many African leaders, and African-American leaders love him as well.

Qaddafi brokered the peace-talks that helped curb some of the violence in Chad and most recently signed into effect measure to resettle Chadian refugees in Libya.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=85&art_id=nw20090809225617625C829599

The Uncle Tom is a forked-tongued bootlicking, buttlicking, buckdancing, bamboozled, half-baked, half-fried, sissified, punkafied, homogenized, pasteurized kneegrow who scratches and shuffles, his throat is an open sepulchre; With his tongue he uses deceit: The poison of asps is under his lips:

there is no balance in the mind of the ? , he enjoys speaking as a minority elitist. This is like posting pics of Clarence Thomas and Condoleeza rice claiming there is no interference by the U.S. government in the affairs of Africa, be realistic for once.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you are right, the same qadaffi who was culpable in the chadian civil war, the same gadaffi who has allowed the mass deportation of black african immigrants. the same gadaffi who won't allow an election in his country.

there is nothing wrong in senegal in using the franc as in many west african countries. you obviously don't how currency works considering hong kong using a dollar (i guess hong kong is dependent on the US).

there is no balance in posting pics only an elite minority enjoy. This is like posting pics of the hamptons and beverly hills and claiming Americans live like this.
    be realistic for once.

I thought this thread was called the Africa you DON'T see on TV.......H-Rap is trying to show that there are positive things going on in Africa as well, what's the issue with that? Of course Africa still has it's troubles, OBVIOUSLY. Even America, for all its wealth, has one of the highest homeless populations in the world. Tent cities are popping up all over the USA, some places look like a scene from Fallout 3 the videogame.

The main premise of this thread is showing the POSITIVE......why is that a problem for you?
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thought this thread was called the Africa you DON'T see on TV.......H-Rap is trying to show that there are positive things going on in Africa as well, what's the issue with that? Of course Africa still has it's troubles, OBVIOUSLY. Even America, for all its wealth, has one of the highest homeless populations in the world. Tent cities are popping up all over the USA, some places look like a scene from Fallout 3 the videogame.

The main premise of this thread is showing the POSITIVE......why is that a problem for you?

actually the good parts of Africa can be seen. Obudu ranch in Nigeria is advertised on CNN international Co. African banks get advertised on CNN international. kenyan national parks get coverage on PBS etc. Khartoum has been publicized too. African arts and crafts are there if you want to see them.

the problem isn't that Africa doesn't have good parts, the problem is that the bad outweigh the good.
    what we have here isn't an attempt to show the beauty of Africa (which can be seen in placing like benin, kenya and madagascar) but to romanticize luxury enjoyed by an a slim minority while making comments such as "how dare you slander ghadaffi", "don't criticize mugabe".

there is nothing to glorify about a world 70% of Africans can't live in. think about that for a second.

america has it's poor but it has a welfare system most african countries do not have but of course they have beautiful skyscrapers and youtube videos of luxury to watch
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    y

be realistic for once.

You obviously don't know how currency works in the framework of an economy. Tying your currency to another countries currency is a good way to keep your economy in perpetual shackles. They can arbitrarily create deflation and inflation. 500 CFA's for one american dollar for countries that are the most minerally rich is a problem caused by leadership that thinks like you.

Supporting another man's currency helps keep your economy their playground. Why do you think Britian hasn't adopted the Euro? They have all these colonies that circulate their currency which helps their economy.
    Every African nation that does this moves at the whim of their colonial masters. Co

And if their economy collapses, you will be in trouble for obvious reasons.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    You obviously don't know how currency works in the framework of an economy. Tying your currency to another countries currency is a good way to keep your economy in perpetual shackles. They can arbitrarily create deflation and inflation. 500 CFA's for one american dollar for countries that are the most minerally rich is a problem caused by leadership that thinks like you.

Supporting another man's currency helps keep your economy their playground. Why do you think Britian hasn't adopted the Euro? They have all these colonies that circulate their currency which helps their economy.
    Every African nation that does this moves at the whim of their colonial masters. Co

And if their economy collapses, you will be in trouble for obvious reasons.

actually sharing a common currency encourages trade among the francophone countries meaning countries like mali and ivory coast find it easier to trade with each other having a common currency and lingua franca. this is why ecowas has made it an effort to create a common currency and open borders.

actually a weak currency helps exportation as seen in China and Japan. their currency are weak and therefore encourages exportation. the problem in these African countries is that they have no local manufacturing base therefore negating the useful of a weak currency. all these thanks to corrupt regimes of course
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    actually the good parts of Africa can be seen. Obudu ranch in Nigeria is advertised on CNN international Co. African banks get advertised on CNN international. kenyan national parks get coverage on PBS etc. Khartoum has been publicized too. African arts and crafts are there if you want to see them.

the problem isn't that Africa doesn't have good parts, the problem is that the bad outweigh the good.
    what we have here isn't an attempt to show the beauty of Africa (which can be seen in placing like benin, kenya and madagascar) but to romanticize luxury enjoyed by an a slim minority while making comments such as "how dare you slander ghadaffi", "don't criticize mugabe".

there is nothing to glorify about a world 70% of Africans can't live in. think about that for a second.

america has it's poor but it has a welfare system most african countries do not have but of course they have beautiful skyscrapers and youtube videos of luxury to watch

You didn't answer his question. Why is showing these parts of Africa a problem for you? Why shouldn't we glorify progress? Europeans glorify there progress.

Judging by your stances, You're probably an expatriate with an ax to grind who upholds European dominance of African Nations because you love their d lifestyle and the comfort it affords you, even at the cost of independence. You probably live in Europe.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You didn't answer his question. Why is showing these parts of Africa a problem for you? Why shouldn't we glorify progress? Europeans glorify there progress.

Judging by your stances, You're probably an expatriate with an ax to grind who upholds European dominance of African Nations because you love their d lifestyle and the comfort it affords you, even at the cost of independence. You probably live in Europe.

you obviously don't know my stances if you think i live in europe.

showing a part of Africa only enjoyed by a tiny elite who live in cities while the rest of the country lives in poverty is not that much of a postiive considering it shows the stark reality in Africa where you are either very rich or very poor with little room of a middle class.

considering you are a pan-africanist, WHY ARE YOU CELEBRATING CAPITALISM while the working class of Africa continue to suffer? don't you see the hypocrisy in such a stance.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    actually sharing a common currency encourages trade among the francophone countries meaning countries like mali and ivory coast find it easier to trade with each other having a common currency and lingua franca. this is ecowas has made it an effort to create a common currency and open borders.

actually a weak currency helps exportation as seen in China and Japan. their currency are weak and therefore encourages exportation. the problem in these African countries is that they have no local manufacturing base therefore negating the useful of a weak currency.

That's true, but if your currency is tied to someone's economy how will you ever make progress. I have been to Coit Ivoire and they are the number one producers of Cocoa. Yet I go to a store and all the Cocoa products are from France. The French takes the cocoa, manufacturers it in France, then sells it back to the Ivorians, who use french currency to purchase product originated from their country.

They are playing the ? out of yall. And what your talking only helps them do it.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's true, but if your currency is tied to someone's economy how will you ever make progress. I have been to Coit Ivoire and they are the number one producers of Cocoa. Yet I go to a store and all the Cocoa products are from France. The French takes the cocoa, manufacturers it in France, then sells it back to the Ivorians, who use french currency to purchase product originated from their country.

They are playing the ? out of yall. And what your talking only helps them do it.

that's the point of having a local manufacturing base, i don't think you reading my posts clearly. If countries like NESTLE and Cardbury aren't willing to open a cocoa processing factory in Ivory coast, then what stops a local company in ivory coast to start-up? the problem here is the cost of manufacturing in African countries is extra-ordinarily high due to the need for bribes, high cost of electricity and political instability and little financing. (the cost of getting a loan in Nigeria is 24% while less than 5% in Japan). there is no reason African countries can't have their own version of ARAMCO and the likes. ivory coast is an unstable country that has to depend on imports.

African countries need to encourage local business production rather than blaming multinationals who have learnt to survive in harsh business climates.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you obviously don't know my stances if you think i live in europe.

showing a part of Africa only enjoyed by a tiny elite who live in cities while the rest of the country lives in poverty is not that much of a postiive considering it shows the stark reality in Africa where you are either very rich or very poor with little room of a middle class.

considering you are a pan-africanist, WHY ARE YOU CELEBRATING CAPITALISM while the working class of Africa continue to suffer? don't you see the hypocrisy in such a stance.

Not a Pan-Africanist. And I don't support celebrate(at least not fully)capitalism.

The purpose was to counteract negative stereotypes. Not make a statement about African economic or social status. This obviously bothers you, which says a lot about your self-loathing house ? stance.

Not saying you are one, but you do have on a house ? 's uniform.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not a Pan-Africanist. And I don't support celebrate(at least not fully)capitalism.

The purpose was to counteract negative stereotypes. Not make a statement about African economic or social status. This obviously bothers you, which says a lot about your self-loathing house ? stance.

Not saying you are one, but you do have on a house ? 's uniform.

interesting so you support capitalism when it favors you? but are against it when it doesn't? doesn't sound decisive to me. supporting capitalism but whining when multi-nationals use the same capitalist model to dupe african countries is hilarious. you are either for capitalism or not

are you posting pictures because you appreciate the beauty of Africa or you are just posting pictures because you are ? off by stereotypes?
    first i live in Europe now i'm am self-loathing. you are not that good of a pyschic
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    that's the point of having a local manufacturing base, i don't think you reading my posts clearly. If countries like NESTLE and Cardbury aren't willing to open a cocoa processing factory in Ivory coast, then what stops a local company in ivory coast to start-up? the problem here is the cost of manufacturing in African countries is extra-ordinarily high due to the need for bribes, high cost of electricity and political instability and little financing. (the cost of getting a loan in Nigeria is 24% while less than 5% in Japan). there is no reason African countries can't have their own version of ARAMCO and the likes. ivory coast is an unstable country that has to depend on imports.

African countries need to encourage local business production rather than blaming multinationals who have learnt to survive in harsh business climates.

I don't disagree, but you seem to want to leave out the intentional disruption of colonialist and their agents. Blaming Multinationalist is OK because they are the source of a lot of disruption. If someone commits a crime you get all the parties, not just the ones you like.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't disagree, but you seem to want to leave out the intentional disruption of colonialist and their agents. Blaming Multinationalist is OK because they are the source of a lot of disruption. If someone commits a crime you get all the parties, not just the ones you like.

intentional disruption encouraged by African leaders who won't hesitate to take bribes from these companies. case in point the haliburtion and enron scandals. African countries with their non-existent labor laws allow these companies to do whatever they want to do.

i find it funny you criticize their "agents" while at the same time posting vids and pics of the luxury these "agents" live in while the rest suffer.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    interesting so you support capitalism when it favors you? but are against it when it doesn't? doesn't sound decisive to me.

are you posting pictures because you appreciate the beauty of Africa or you are just posting pictures because you are ? off by stereotypes?
    first i live in Europe now i'm am self-loathing. you are not that good of a pyschic

Actually if you read my first post , I said US or Europe. And capitalism is not all Bad. Some of it we can use. It is not an all or nothing proposition. Take what you can use and discard what you can't. That's not indecisive, that's discriminating.

And to answer your questions. I am posting because of both. I have been to Africa many, many times and plan to make a second home there. I have a lot of African friends, and I have love for the people.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually if you read my first post , I said US or Europe. And capitalism is not all Bad. Some of it we can use. It is not an all or nothing proposition. Take what you can use and discard what you can't. That's not indecisive, that's discriminating.

so what parts of capitalism do u like.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is true.

See the difference between me and you is you are willing to take on blacks and look the other way when it's white folks. I am not.

That is why Africa has coup after coup and corrupt regime after corrupt regime because you ? are replaceable. You don't take the necesary precautions to stop it. Your like the drug dealer who sells on the corner but gets his drugs from outside. The cycle will repeat because you have not chopped off the hand that is bringing it in.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is true.

See the difference between me and you is you are willing to take on blacks and look the other way when it's white folks. I am not.

That is why Africa has coup after coup and corrupt regime after corrupt regime because you ? are replaceable. You don't take the necesary precautions to stop it. Your like the drug dealer who sells on the corner but gets his drugs from outside. The cycle will repeat because you have not chopped off the hand that is bringing it in.

you are right, i look the other way when it's white folks because i haven't blamed multinationals for their complicity in giving bribes and violating labor laws and environmental pollution.

you sir know my mind.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so what parts of capitalism do u like.

I like the parts that encourage creativity and competition. This drives human advancement.

I don't like excess. I don't like privatizing basic human needs like medical care, utilities and education. I don't like placing money over human well being.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you are right, i look the other way when it's white folks because i haven't blamed multinationals for their complicity in giving bribes and violating labor laws and environmental pollution.

you sir know my mind.

I had to force you to do it and it was weak and half hearted.

I downgrade you from House ? . You are not that.

You are now continentally challenged.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like the parts that encourage creativity and competition. This drives human advancement.

I don't like excess. I don't like privatizing basic human needs like medical care, utilities and education. I don't like placing money over human well being.

but you post pictures of excesses of people living in skyscrapers and mansions?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    but you post pictures of excesses of people living in skyscrapers and mansions?

Who said skyscrapers and mansions are excess? I have friends who live in some of those areas and some of them are hard working blue collar people.

You cry about poverty, yet when someone shows you decent living, you cry about that.

It's ? like you that make it real difficult for our people to make progress. Your a professional fault finder.

I suggest you become self employed.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options

. Your a professional fault finder.

yup lets all romanticize everything while blaming the white man.

you come off as an idealistic, i'd encourage you to learn how currency and economics work by the way.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Who said skyscrapers and mansions are excess? I have friends who live in some of those areas and some of them are hard working blue collar people.

You cry about poverty, yet when someone shows you decent living, you cry about that.

It's ? like you that make it real difficult for our people to make progress. Your a professional fault finder.

I suggest you become self employed.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "? " he may confuse that colloquialism as a term of endearment..he is clearly a kneegrow....and his kind will never be self-employed due to their inferiority complexes and ? for white acceptance and approval.

Many people who viewed this thread saw the pictures and watched the videos and were pleased to see the beaches, architecture, and nature that makes Africa beautiful, they didnt feel the need to remind us of the troubles of Africa because their are plenty of threads already made to suit that purpose.

The ? is never satisfied, he is a saboteur trying to knock us off our squares while we are building, he might possibly be a carcass-asian or a tragic mulatto attention-? in this thread in a desperate attempt to have a convo with somebody on some pen-pal ? ....sick bastard.

And-Step my brother I appreciate the beautiful pictures that you shared with us, if you find time you should share more, we can still salvage the thread or at least I hope.
    I was going to do a thread about the monuments in Egypt but now I fear ? might ruin it by complaining that it romanticizing a culture that died off.....
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Beautiful thread I hate the fact so many self loathing people are trying to throw salt on it...
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kampala, Uganda

KampalaStreet1.jpg