The Saga of the Legend Known as Dretox/Shadyteam/Wonderland/HazeNAlize/Bigavelli/Piff

Options

Comments

• datniggadiante
    datniggadiante Members Posts: 30
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Never cuff broads i let everybody hit'em/ my bullets is like chicken pox everybody get'em" - Jadakiss
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He was, he had a very limited vocab and never switched up his flow and delivery. How many time can you rhyme "enemy and hennesey, soulja and told ya, ? me and feel me, murder and heard ya,etc. Pac was a great song writer and knew how to express emotions but as far as being a mc, he was nothing special; dude doesn't hold a candle to people like Nas,Jay,Big Pun, Ras Kass, etc.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    at you wake as i peek in/ look at you casket/ feeling sarcastic/ look at em still sleeping - hov
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Because, his rhyme schemes, flow and delivery were elementary. Uplifting, meaningful, deep, timely? Sure!! Was that. However, lyrical in classic Hip Hop sense? He was not that.

That doesn't have anything to do with lyrical ability. Do you know what the ? a lyric is? To say Tupac never really changed up his rhyme scheme and flow is one thing, but lyrical ability is another thing entirely. Pac's delivery is what people connect to emotion and his content is what laced it. Spitting metaphors and complex multi's does not define lyricism. SMFH @ this thread and smfh @ AHH lazy shiftless ass staff. This what the ? you come up with after two months? Goofball ass ? ... who took the "World's Most Dangerous Site" quote off the top of the page? wtf
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You're dumb as ? . Damn near every rapper has tried to emulate Pac since he died

And on another note, Juice Mayne lauce. Dretox is a man so if youre the babydaddy that would make you a ? . ?

Name these rappers? Labeliing me dumb and then responding with non-sense makes you smart?
  • Kwan Dai
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That doesn't have anything to do with lyrical ability. Do you know what the ? a lyric is? To say Tupac never really changed up his rhyme scheme and flow is one thing, but lyrical ability is another thing entirely. Pac's delivery is what people connect to emotion and his content is what laced it. Spitting metaphors and complex multi's does not define lyricism. SMFH @ this thread and smfh @ AHH lazy shiftless ass staff. This what the ? you come up with after two months? Goofball ass ? ... who took the "World's Most Dangerous Site" quote off the top of the page? wtf

That's your opinion. Furthermore, I didn't just point out what I FEEL are\were pac weaknesses. I also pointed what I think he was good at. Which, renders the rest of girly rant pure ? riding. If, you want this site to be worth it's grain in salt step your debate and communication game up.
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your exact wording was "Lyrical in classic Hip Hop sense". Lyrical ability in the CLASSIC sense is bawitdaba da bang da bang diggy diggy at the beginning of every verse of the late 70's and mid to late 80's. So miss me with that talk.

And that's not an opinion, it's fact. Lyrical ability is defined by content first, not delivery or rhyme scheme seperately.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your exact wording was "Lyrical in classic Hip Hop sense". Lyrical ability in the CLASSIC sense is bawitdaba da bang da bang diggy diggy at the beginning of every verse of the late 70's and mid to late 80's. So miss me with that talk.

And that's not an opinion, it's fact. Lyrical ability is defined by content first, not delivery or rhyme scheme seperately.

That's why MC's like Cowboy, Busy Bee, etc aren't considered lyrical. When, Moe Dee smashed Busy by telling him to put that bawitdaba da bang da bang diggy diggy ? on hold it was monumental. There was a new age of MC's that began to put rhymes in more complex formats. Thus birthing the Lyrical MC "Lyrical in classic Hip Hop sense". So, instead of missing you I'll hit you with it. If, you disagree then so be it.

I disagree being lyrical is a combination of Flow, delivery and content. Not one before or over the other.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That lyrical ? dont getcha no where. look at Canibus, look where that ultra lyrical ? got him
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That lyrical ? dont getcha no where. look at Canibus, look where that ultra lyrical ? got him

are we talking sales or lyrical ability nas lyrics way better than pac although pac sold more
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    are we talking sales or lyrical ability nas lyrics way better than pac although pac sold more

I agree on Nas vocabulary better, but not sales. Im talking as far as actually knowning how to make a song & make people relate to your music
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the dumb is mostly intrigued by the drum

Masta Killa.

that line holds so much weight its not even funny.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im on my grind cuzin aint got time for frontin
    Jay Z
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    edited January 2010
    Options
    smh always somebody who has to equate marketing and sales with musical ability. How old are you fam?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Because, his rhyme schemes, flow and delivery were elementary. Uplifting, meaningful, deep, timely? Sure!! Was that. However, lyrical in classic Hip Hop sense? He was not that.

you said it better than i could.
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As soon as I grab it, I get it together like a marriage. And no I don't have it.... some ? I can't remember from Jay-Z and Big L's freestyle in 96

Never in a hundred years I thought I'd be rapper. But in less that a hunred years, I knew I'd be a factor - Joel Ortiz

Why I always see em at the airport Ye? Why I never see em at the clearport Ye?
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pac was lyrical just not in the traditional sense where he was using big words or changing his schemes. He made up for that with his delivery, passion, songwriting ability. He was a genius.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "rollin rollin rollin we ain't slept in weeks"

"living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster, that'll be the our they knock the slick blaster...." actually all of Accordion stays on repeat in my head

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone, after him who's last? DOOM, he's the worst known"

"they pray four times a day they pray five, whose ways are strange when it's time to survive, some will go of they own will to die, others take you with 'em when they blow sky high"
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "rollin rollin rollin we ain't slept in weeks"

"living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster, that'll be the hour they knock the slick blaster...." actually all of Accordion stays on repeat in my head

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone, after him who's last? DOOM, he's the worst known"

"they pray four times a day they pray five, whose ways are strange when it's time to survive, some will go of they own will to die, others take you with 'em when they blow sky high"
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "I walk the block like whatever ? , my message to y'all feds
    Who desperate to arrest us young, benevolent hardheads
    Abrochrombie & Finch rockin', wrist glistenin' marksman
    Hitchcock of Hip-Hop since Big Pop departed"
  • Got iT Por Barato
    Got iT Por Barato Members Posts: 338
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cause Baby im a Thug...
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i cant feel a field ? chain/ tho i covet mines, so i covered mines in bling/ thrn i bumped into a ? and covered mines in shame, then bumped into a ? and uncovered mines again

if you've never met me then you have no right to judge me/ got a good heart but this heart can get ugly

im so far ahead of my time im about to start another life, look behind you im bout to pass you twice/ back to the future gotta slow up for the present im fast, ? get past my past
  • northtoledoboi
    northtoledoboi Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah you shining but the only thing you leaving out/you're a candle in the sun, that ? don't even out.
  • West Brooklyn II
    West Brooklyn II Members Posts: 124
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it was all a dream. I used to read word up magazine
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    where ? is from gotta keep a lid on ur tongue-Nas
    one of the realist lines ever
This discussion has been closed.