I feel sorry for all you "you don't need college" ? in the next decade or so.

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know u can be "successful" with out a college degree... who is arguing that point with u?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently dropped out of college and jumped into business, I'm doing ok.

Business ain't for everyone, if everyone was an entrepreneur, no one would be working.

Running your own business is much harder then a 9-5 too. There are no off days and no breaks.

I had a 3.7 GPA before I dropped out too, so don't come at me with some the school work was too hard.

After being in business and being successful at it, I will never work for anyone again, unless I hit rock bottom.

I make a pretty penny, and I'm already planning a big move for next year. Its already the middle of September, black Friday is 2 1/2 months away, I don't wanna sound like @boss boo but starting on black friday to december 24, ima make at least 5 times the salary of the average college graduate in just a month on top of the other 11 months of the year, then I'm taking that money and reinvesting all of it.

I ain't saying I'm better then anyone, but if you approach me and act like your better then me cause you gotta degree and I don't, you will be embarrassed.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like college ain't for everyone, grinding and making it happen on your own ain't for everyone either. I say find your niche and do what you does... Anyone who is financially educated/money concious and ambitious has a much higher chance of being well off than someone who isn't, degree or no degree.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    how is it debatable? college grads have lower unemployment rates, and earn more over their lifetime...

but is that because they have the college degree?

or does that have to do more with individuals themselves?

cause there are a lot of college grads out here busing tables and ? right now
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how is it debatable? college grads have lower unemployment rates, and earn more over their lifetime...

but is that because they have the college degree?

or does that have to do more with individuals themselves?

cause there are a lot of college grads out here busing tables and ? right now

The process of getting a college degree is what helps shape the individual in most cases.

College is an experience that should help to mature those just out of high school and get you to learn how to make connections. It's not just about classes and test taking.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    we can only speak in generalities bruh... every individual case is obviously different...
    we can even argue that its the traits of college grads and not the degree that lead to those stats...

on another note, college is about more than being able to make money... I would hate to live in a world where ppl r LESS educated...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    education>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no education everytime. End of story. If you think otherwise, something is wrong up in your brain.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smart pe

Some of these people with degrees need to create there own ? though. They can't all wait in line for jP Morgan investment jobs, and law firms to call. Create your own ? . We, young men, black, white, Latin, Asian, Persian, Indian, whatever, need to get together and create universal companies. The fact that we're all depending on someone else for jobs is our own fault. I swear on everything I will fly to a sit down with like minded people in different fields to create something amazing. But people are afraid of it. I have tried to bring people in on my personal thoughts and they always want to come back when money is made.

college gives you a starting point. It doesn't create limitations. That's people being weak minded

but the bolded is hypocritical when we constantly indoctrinating mofos to think they always need a college degree

especially when most colleges ain't teaching mofos ? that is worth the 1000s of dollars the student is in debt for

and most colleges teaching students how to fall in line anyways to reach for that corporate job

you can't be pro-entrepreneur and pro-college these days when the ROI for a college degree is questionable is ?

what type of business owner will you be if you think taking on 40K of college debt to possibly qualify for a 35K salary job is a good idea?

LMAO @ the benefits of being an educated debt-slave......what benefit is that really bringing to society?

I'm not a fan of college. My girl dropped out too and she is getting dough on her self made business and non profit.

College gives you direction. Some people need that. I knew at 8 I was gonna be in the NFL or a writer. Everyone doesn't have that. They need more schooling to decide.

If you don't need college you don't care what someone is feeding the masses. Going and gaining knowledge and connections in your field is not always bad. Not going and funding your own idea is rewarding.

The debt of college is the same or worse then the grind of overcoming your lack of a degree.

I know this feeling..what kind of ideas are you interested in developing?
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    we can only speak in generalities bruh... every individual case is obviously different...
    we can even argue that its the traits of college grads and not the degree that lead to those stats...

on another note, college is about more than being able to make money... I would hate to live in a world where ppl r LESS educated...

I could play devil's advocate but I see what you getting at

I just don't like the idea of making someone a debt-slave at my taxpayer dollar's expense for the benefit of somebody else

as far as a degree is concerned, it's only beneficial when you are saavy enough to utilize its benefits........other mofos have legitimate reasons to forgo college right now
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    what percentage of tax dollars goes to college education? I am unfamiliar...
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really understand the debt argument, but how much debt is the avg college graduate dealing with?
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    what percentage of tax dollars goes to college education? I am unfamiliar...

does it really matter tho?

here's a link to break some ? down:

http://febp.newamerica.net/background-analysis/education-federal-budget

the executed portion of the Education dept budget has already been out for 2012

http://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/budget/budget12/12action.pdf......(Page 12)
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    I really understand the debt argument, but how much debt is the avg college graduate dealing with?

Man my girl makes two stacks every two weeks and 700 comes out for school loans BEFORE she can pay her bills. If it wasn't for my help she would be paying that back for the rest of her life.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    I dont know how ppl can look at that pie chart and look at education spending and be upset...lol
    we should spend more on education and focus on energy... this would solve much...
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    I dont know how ppl can look at that pie chart and look at education spending and be upset...lol
    we should spend more on education and focus on energy... this would solve much...

you not upset that we are churning out in-debted workers just for corporations to take advantage of educated human capital to bolster their own profits?

then those same corporations get to skimp us on paying taxes on those profits?

it's like we paying to create better hoes so that they can go work for another ? .......then the ? gets to keep all the money SMH
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    thats a misrepresentation of a greater issue...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you not upset that we are churning out in-debted workers just for corporations to take advantage of educated human capital to bolster their own profits?

then those same corporations get to skimp us on paying taxes on those profits?

it's like we paying to create better hoes so that they can go work for another ? .......then the ? gets to keep all the money SMH

lol i tell people all the time..
    im not a ? .. im a Capitaist! hahahaha
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man my girl makes two stacks every two weeks and 700 comes out for school loans BEFORE she can pay her bills. If it wasn't for my help she would be paying that back for the rest of her life.

I don't know anyone with that amount of school loans.

You telling me her minimum payment is $700?

Paying $700, how quick will that payoff the loan.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo ? goes to an ivy league or something cause I don't see how she's paying 7 hunndid and you acting like she's paying a mortgage on a home.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smart pe

Some of these people with degrees need to create there own ? though. They can't all wait in line for jP Morgan investment jobs, and law firms to call. Create your own ? . We, young men, black, white, Latin, Asian, Persian, Indian, whatever, need to get together and create universal companies. The fact that we're all depending on someone else for jobs is our own fault. I swear on everything I will fly to a sit down with like minded people in different fields to create something amazing. But people are afraid of it. I have tried to bring people in on my personal thoughts and they always want to come back when money is made.

college gives you a starting point. It doesn't create limitations. That's people being weak minded

but the bolded is hypocritical when we constantly indoctrinating mofos to think they always need a college degree

especially when most colleges ain't teaching mofos ? that is worth the 1000s of dollars the student is in debt for

and most colleges teaching students how to fall in line anyways to reach for that corporate job

you can't be pro-entrepreneur and pro-college these days when the ROI for a college degree is questionable is ?

what type of business owner will you be if you think taking on 40K of college debt to possibly qualify for a 35K salary job is a good idea?

LMAO @ the benefits of being an educated debt-slave......what benefit is that really bringing to society?

I'm not a fan of college. My girl dropped out too and she is getting dough on her self made business and non profit.

College gives you direction. Some people need that. I knew at 8 I was gonna be in the NFL or a writer. Everyone doesn't have that. They need more schooling to decide.

If you don't need college you don't care what someone is feeding the masses. Going and gaining knowledge and connections in your field is not always bad. Not going and funding your own idea is rewarding.

The debt of college is the same or worse then the grind of overcoming your lack of a degree.

I know this feeling..what kind of ideas are you interested in developing?

@cashmoneyts mostly branding. Right now I have a company that creates logos for athletes and celebrities on the rise. We just created a logo for ray rice and Jared cook...both of whom are well known but not everywhere. What we want to do with this is create clothing, websites, and events for athletes and celebs. Now we create these images for athletes make % of their sales. And we have a filter. Which is a place for all of then to get something. We reward the top seller by featuring them in our magazines. Now they have a reason to push the product we created. With music we are about to do the same thing. We will create a music company where up and comers can sell music for the low! Top sellers get featured on higher platforms and shopped and shopped ans bookes at larger events. It's like all hip-hop but with life. Bo boundaries or limitations. We just signed on to do this universal guest list. So if you live in another state and you visit Vegas for 10 bucks you can get in every club in Vegas free before midnight, we are doing it in Atlanta Atlantic city Denver houston Dallas Boston DC Miami NYc la San Fran Seattle phoenix Chicago savannah new Orleans Nashville ect. We will feature everything the clubs have to offer.

Its entertainment branding. I'm great at it. I have a solid team. I'm connected with NBA NFL agents. And i am writing my own ? . I have solid help. There are 6 of us now. Techy, marketing, creativity (me, I'm the story teller), actor and a socialite. We are expanding. Made 8k last month our first profit.
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For all you entrepreneurs, do you not want an educated population to hire from?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Azad wrote: »
    I recently dropped out of college and jumped into business, I'm doing ok.

Business ain't for everyone, if everyone was an entrepreneur, no one would be working.

Running your own business is much harder then a 9-5 too. There are no off days and no breaks.

I had a 3.7 GPA before I dropped out too, so don't come at me with some the school work was too hard.

After being in business and being successful at it, I will never work for anyone again, unless I hit rock bottom.

I make a pretty penny, and I'm already planning a big move for next year. Its already the middle of September, black Friday is 2 1/2 months away, I don't wanna sound like @boss boo but starting on black friday to december 24, ima make at least 5 times the salary of the average college graduate in just a month on top of the other 11 months of the year, then I'm taking that money and reinvesting all of it.

I ain't saying I'm better then anyone, but if you approach me and act like your better then me cause you gotta degree and I don't, you will be embarrassed.

Props on your business but the bold is something people don't seem to understand
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    Options

700 a month? That's a bit much...every loan has a minimum you can pay and it would never be 700/month...I know folks who got 60k-80k of debt after finishing grad school and undergad and some of them pay no more than the bare mininum $50 per month
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FucktheIC wrote: »
    For all you entrepreneurs, do you not want an educated population to hire from?

Absolutely. That's why I say I didn't need it, but you may. In the traditional sense, there's nothing wrong with a college education if you want "a place to land". It's a contradiction versus how I view myself, but I'm okay with that.

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nothing wrong with education though, matter fact I value education almost more then anything else. Does passing. chemistry class or two make me educated though? that's a whole different debate.

I never worked as hard as I do with my business, I use to only work 5 days and and have weekends off, not no more, I'm always on call for just in case ? now, I never once was too broke to eat in my whole life, till invested everything in my business and had it be slow at first.

To make something out of nothing is the hardest thing, but that doesn't make education a bad thing, different people all got different talents, so things that work for one person may not work for the other.

After making that big move I talked about next year, I'm gonna go back to school and take a class or two a semester and get my degree, i spent too much money to just have nothing to show for it.