Iron Man 3

Options
sapo614
sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not impressed
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heard Madarins rings wont be magical or have any powers at all , kinda lame but they going for realism

And yea Mandarin is basically Bane , they straight up copied the Dark Knight Trilogy
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man has the lamest villians
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    iron man rises
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    heard Madarins rings wont be magical or have any powers at all , kinda lame but they going for realism

And yea Mandarin is basically Bane , they straight up copied the Dark Knight Trilogy

The the Dark Knight copied every other superhero story. There is always the arc where the hero either loses his powers/gets broken down, and has to find his way back to the top. It overdone like hell but it is what it is. Not a terrible trailer, not great either.

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn my man dragging that armor in the cold
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allied wrote: »

The the Dark Knight copied every other superhero story. There is always the arc where the hero either loses his powers/gets broken down, and has to find his way back to the top. It overdone like hell but it is what it is. Not a terrible trailer, not great either.

nah they kinda straight jacked the concept even changing the Villian to a more Bane-esque guy only difference is we

know tony stark is gonna survive to be in avengers 2. Batman didn't come back Bruce Wayne ain't coming back .
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah they kinda straight jacked the concept even changing the Villian to a more Bane-esque guy only difference is we

know tony stark is gonna survive to be in avengers 2. Batman didn't come back Bruce Wayne ain't coming back .

Dont think they full on copied Batman considering Iron Man 3 script has been in the works since 2010, and they began shooting the movie before Batman even came out.

I agree that all the superhero movies at one point or another have had the hero lose their powers, only to be built back up. Batman didn't invent that.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess I'm going to see this in April.....
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see any similarities to the dark knight rises. People are reaching, plus this movie was already in the making before the dark knight released obviously.I am hype regardless and this looks to be another possible great comic book movie.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    who foot was that at 51 seconds?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn this is gonna be movie of the year
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When ol girl get snatched out the bed I think that's one of his bad dreams
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks dope but...

2 things did they really turn a chinese ? white?

and did i see the iron patriot?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they said Mandarin and Fin Fan Foom were stereotypical to the point of being racist or some ?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Looks Dark, Like that Shane Black who wrote Lethel Weapon, Last Boyscout and Long Kiss Goodnight is behind it. Also anyone saying this is biting "The Dark Knight", please, TDK bit Rocky III. The Hero getting beat up and coming back is not a new concept in film. Overall though I'm sorry I cannot take Hollywood seriously. Why are they STILL Whitewashing roles in 2012? The Mandarin is a Chinese character PERIOD? Ben Kingsley? Really? Yes he's a great actor but you aren't going to tell me in 2012 you couldn't find a Chinese or Asian actor to play the role? Cho yun fat? Ken Wantanbe? There are plenty of quality Asian actors out there. This would be like if in the new Wolverine movie they casted a white guy to play the Silver Samurai who's clearly a Japanese character. It's getting pathetic and sad. If "Last Airbender, Dragon ball and Prince of Perisa" wasn't enough. They whitewashed The Mandarin? Also even if the the character was written racist back in the day. You aren't going to write it the same way in 2012. It's a Chinese character, they aren't getting a pass from me on this:

mandarinbanner.jpg
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    jayhi22 wrote: »

Dont think they full on copied Batman considering Iron Man 3 script has been in the works since 2010, and they began shooting the movie before Batman even came out.

I agree that all the superhero movies at one point or another have had the hero lose their powers, only to be built back up. Batman didn't invent that.

They fundamentally changed the Mandarin character to fit into the batman dark knight mode its obvious . Oh well the

script has been in the works since 2010 you know scripts go threw several iterations I bet you that the script at

the beginning of process was far different . Iron man doesn't need to be grounded especially since its tried to the

Avengers. The theme has been done before yes , the last iron man had a similar theme but they didn't change

around the characters so much . The Mandarin without his rings seriously after already establishing that crazy ?

happens in the universe come on .
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Changing the manderin has nothing to do with tdk and we dont even know how he was before
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Changing the manderin has nothing to do with tdk and we dont even know how he was before

so a grounded gritty approach isn't similar to tdk when the last batch of marvel flims other than spiderman was on

the high fantasy sci fi ? come on . So avengers was grounded , thor, captain america really thats news to me