Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I wanna watch that new trailor... I just can't. Don't wanna spoil any new scenes.

Im ready to watch the movie a few times in the theater lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    They said it would be too much to explain Mandarin getting the rings from aliens and the magical powers they have would have to be all CGI

This is a little silly if you think about it. I mean Ironman was just featured in a movie with a huge alien invasion. It really shouldn't have taken much for them to work the alien angle into the Mandarin storyline. If anything, t his would have been a perfect opportunity to tie Thanos into it all.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terence Howard caught a nas sized L

Still waiting on that cosignlolether button lol

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They said it would be too much to explain Mandarin getting the rings from aliens and the magical powers they have would have to be all CGI

This is a little silly if you think about it. I mean Ironman was just featured in a movie with a huge alien invasion. It really shouldn't have taken much for them to work the alien angle into the Mandarin storyline. If anything, t his would have been a perfect opportunity to tie Thanos into it all.

I think it could still be somewhat possible if Mandarin didnt actually know about the power of the rings... Then Iron Man defeats Mandarin.. Rings get lost somewhere.. And Thanos (in the credits scene) finds them, and eventually you see that they have some sort of power.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like to pause at 1:03 and 1:05 to look at all the suits in his armory. this movie follows the source material more than any other superhero movie. I also saw hulkbuster armor will the hulk have a cameo appearance?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is going to be fire.Tony has a coalition of the willing lol
    wonder if he is going to be battling his alcohol addiction. that would be insane knowing that RDJ was an addict as well.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

word Thanos 1st appearance was in Iron Man comics too
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Do you want an empty life or a meaningful death?" is one of the coldest lines in a movie I've heard in a min. I'm looking forward to this one.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks Dark, Like that Shane Black who wrote Lethel Weapon, Last Boyscout and Long Kiss Goodnight is behind it. Also anyone saying this is biting "The Dark Knight", please, TDK bit Rocky III. The Hero getting beat up and coming back is not a new concept in film. Overall though I'm sorry I cannot take Hollywood seriously. Why are they STILL Whitewashing roles in 2012? The Mandarin is a Chinese character PERIOD? Ben Kingsley? Really? Yes he's a great actor but you aren't going to tell me in 2012 you couldn't find a Chinese or Asian actor to play the role? Cho yun fat? Ken Wantanbe? There are plenty of quality Asian actors out there. This would be like if in the new Wolverine movie they casted a white guy to play the Silver Samurai who's clearly a Japanese character. It's getting pathetic and sad. If "Last Airbender, Dragon ball and Prince of Perisa" wasn't enough. They whitewashed The Mandarin? Also even if the the character was written racist back in the day. You aren't going to write it the same way in 2012. It's a Chinese character, they aren't getting a pass from me on this:

mandarinbanner.jpg

They did i because the Asian community (cats like John Liu, Comptroller of the City of New York, Edwin Lee mayor of San Francisco, and the Asian equivalent to the NAACP,) would say that the Mandarin is ethnic stereotype that cast Asians in bad light.

Yeah, I know y'all think I'm bullshitting, but the Asians (the Chinese in this case,) would be right that look of the Mandarin and his motivations are the same as Fu Manchu, but that's where the similarities end. These people would bring up the The Yellow Peril arguments and all of that ? .

The problem is Americans really don't have a negative stereotype of Asians, out of the all the ethnic groups in America, people really don't have anything bad to say about them. They see them as smart people who do really well in school, while in college major in engineering, mathematics, or computer programming. ? aren't seeing them as maniacal people out to rule the world. Asians fear that if the Mandarin were in the movie, muthafuckas great-grand and grandparents would tell them to hate Asians. As far as not having the magical rings, that's just a failing on the screenwriters part.

• L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody notice the mandarin had a captain America symbol tatted on his neck?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks Dark, Like that Shane Black who wrote Lethel Weapon, Last Boyscout and Long Kiss Goodnight is behind it. Also anyone saying this is biting "The Dark Knight", please, TDK bit Rocky III. The Hero getting beat up and coming back is not a new concept in film. Overall though I'm sorry I cannot take Hollywood seriously. Why are they STILL Whitewashing roles in 2012? The Mandarin is a Chinese character PERIOD? Ben Kingsley? Really? Yes he's a great actor but you aren't going to tell me in 2012 you couldn't find a Chinese or Asian actor to play the role? Cho yun fat? Ken Wantanbe? There are plenty of quality Asian actors out there. This would be like if in the new Wolverine movie they casted a white guy to play the Silver Samurai who's clearly a Japanese character. It's getting pathetic and sad. If "Last Airbender, Dragon ball and Prince of Perisa" wasn't enough. They whitewashed The Mandarin? Also even if the the character was written racist back in the day. You aren't going to write it the same way in 2012. It's a Chinese character, they aren't getting a pass from me on this:

mandarinbanner.jpg

They did i because the Asian community (cats like John Liu, Comptroller of the City of New York, Edwin Lee mayor of San Francisco, and the Asian equivalent to the NAACP,) would say that the Mandarin is ethnic stereotype that cast Asians in bad light.

Yeah, I know y'all think I'm bullshitting, but the Asians (the Chinese in this case,) would be right that look of the Mandarin and his motivations are the same as Fu Manchu, but that's where the similarities end. These people would bring up the The Yellow Peril arguments and all of that ? .

The problem is Americans really don't have a negative stereotype of Asians, out of the all the ethnic groups in America, people really don't have anything bad to say about them. They see them as smart people who do really well in school, while in college major in engineering, mathematics, or computer programming. ? aren't seeing them as maniacal people out to rule the world. Asians fear that if the Mandarin were in the movie, muthafuckas great-grand and grandparents would tell them to hate Asians. As far as not having the magical rings, that's just a failing on the screenwriters part.

Yeah the American's arent afraid of the CHINESE military, economy, technology etc etc. I mean you hardly ever hear rhetoric about how the Chinese control America's debt or anything like that. Riiiighhhhttt...
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    Options
    tumblr_mk8xhpX75M1qzcqywo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk8xhpX75M1qzcqywo2_500.jpg

With a little over a month until the film’s release, Iron Man 3 has revealed two of Tony Stark’s suits.

The suits featured are the Mark XXXIIII and XL. The Mark XXXIII is described as an “Enhanced Energy Suit” nicknamed “Silver Centurion,” while the Mark XL is described as a “Hyper Velocity Suit” with the nickname “Shotgun.”
  • Splackavelli
    Options

With a little over a month until the film’s release, Iron Man 3 has revealed two of Tony Stark’s suits.

The suits featured are the Mark XXXIIII and XL. The Mark XXXIII is described as an “Enhanced Energy Suit” nicknamed “Silver Centurion,” while the Mark XL is described as a “Hyper Velocity Suit” with the nickname “Shotgun.”[

didn't they already use the silver centurion armor in iron man 2 during the Monaco racing scene?
  • Splackavelli
    Options

The suits featured are the Mark XXXIIII and XL. The Mark XXXIII is described as an “Enhanced Energy Suit” nicknamed “Silver Centurion,” while the Mark XL is described as a “Hyper Velocity Suit” with the nickname “Shotgun.”[

didn't they already use the silver centurion armor in iron man 2 during the Monaco racing scene?
  • infamous114
    Options
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this might be one of the few movies of a trilogy where the third one surpasses the first two
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    this might be one of the few movies of a trilogy where the third one surpasses the first two
    what'd you think of the Dark Knight Rises compared to the first 2?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Glad they not calling that the HulkBuster suit
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, the Gemini is tight.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    what'd you think of the Dark Knight Rises compared to the first 2?

it wasn't as good as the second,it was actually kind of a letdown.