Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ the Mandarin being what he looked like, smh @ the the ploy with the Mandarin though I dig the idea behind it, smh @ the evil organization being introduced the way it was considering it's origins dealt with WW 2
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? done killed my high.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie, I enjoyed it. Definitely seen some similarities between Iron Man 3 and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang since the director and RDJ both worked on that. Mandarin twist was kinda good, wasn't as dramatic at that part as I thought it should've been though.

They definitely set it up perfectly for Stark/Downey to bow out though. I don't know what they're gunna do with any future avengers movie though if they can't get him back (it's damn near impossible to recast a role like that)
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man ? that twist..smfh..damn credit scene too smh
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    coming from a person who doesn't really like iron man & didn't know any of the story before seeing the movies, i thought this one was cool. i had no expectations going into it. it wasn't anything epic tho & depending on how man of steel is, i probly won't even be talking about it in 2 months. but i liked it, it was a nice start to summer.

even tho ben kingsley killed it, i ? HATED what they did mandarin tho. i was waitin for him to do damage & draw first blood by laying iron man's ass out. at first i thought it was a joke & he was trolling stark, but when i saw the ? was real i had the george clooney face
    George-Clooney-side-eye.gif?1374a2
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    yeah I thought it was a joke too like: "I'm just an
    actor
    ....."

then bam he attacks him when his guards down.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like what they did with Mandarin, its was very realistic - it's like the kind of stuff the media/government do in real life.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like what they did with Mandarin, its was very realistic - it's like the kind of stuff the media/government do in real life.

I thought that too........

but it was still some ? lol
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man hell nah the mandarin the main go to villain of iron man and that's what happens word marvel?? and why did they make warmachine/ironpatriot such a ? ??!
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welp ill be saving my money was gone go see it in imax but ? that
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Man hell nah the mandarin the main go to villain of iron man and that's what happens word marvel?? and why did they make warmachine/ironpatriot such a ? ??!

on second though don't change your name to ironman3. go with ironman2.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/459958/yo-name-is-yo-name#latest
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron-Man-3-Poster1.jpg

(GRADE = C)
    Well sadly it was only alright. The film had some major flaws. Now what I liked was the Plane Rescue that was dope like the commercial. Tony house getting blown up was dope. But I biggest Issue was of course The Madarin Twist. It made the character completely pointless. Also going with the "Extremis" storyline was weak cause that comic came out in 06 only 6 years ago. It basically a new storyline. But the Madarin is to Tony what the Joker is to Batman. So you made him Bin Laden instead of Chinese. Fine, does that mean you take away his 10 rings powers and stuff that he does? The whole movie focused on Tony mind changing cause of the Outer space ? he seen. It would of been perfect for Tony and the Madarin to have a final showdown and he uses his 10 Rings to bring a supernatural element that Tony has to face his fears. Also the whole Space element was introduced in Thor and The Avengers. IM3 should of continued off that.

War Machine was completely underused and Don Chedle part was basically a prop, he was in and out of the movie like he had no purpose. So the whole "Iron Patriot" aspect was weak. The whole Detective Kid thing in Tennessee was weak. He wasn't in his suit enough, this is the 3rd film of the trilogy but I felt the action was lacking as most of the movie again he's not even in his suit. Peppers at the end with powers was WAY Cheesy. Also Shane Black basically turned this into a buddy cop movie. The Lethal Weapon homages were i this too with the fighting on the Boat Dock scene and the whole Tony shooting from a nail gun. There was some political commentary in the concept that I agreed with but I don't know if an Iron Man movie was the place for it. The Emetremis soldiers and their fire powers got boring after awhile.

Overall it was just average. Not much better than Part II. You advertise it is as one Big Showdown with Tony and The Maderin but you turn him to a cheesy actor and then make the battle about some lame unappreciated scientist. Also the last battle with the suit flying around would of been better if he was fighting the Terrorist Maderin. They dropped the ball. The Ending Credits scene was pointless and did nothing to hint us of The Avengers. Something is telling me this is the last movie. It's clear RDJ is done with Iron Man after The Avengers 2. Overall it was an average Part III. Just like Spiderman, XMen and several Comic book hero and movie Part III's in general. Making the Maderin an Actor was a weak and lazy plot twist that ruined the character. It's going to do amazing at the box office cause of the Love The Avengers got but the quality of this film isn't as strong as IM1 and only on par with IM2. Overall the Trilogy started out amazing and went completely down hill.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Just go see it in regular. the 3d/imax doesn't add anything to the movie.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Also what happened to:
    Them showing/aluding to the mandarin being behind the attack on tony in Iron Man 1? It would fit into the "teach america a lesson" thing
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Just go see it in regular. the 3d/imax doesn't add anything to the movie.

Nah ill wait till it hits that redbox. We just got a Imax theater where I live at so I been wanting to go check it out and see what the deal is. Guess ill have to wait SMH
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Maderin is to Iron man/Tony Stark what the Joker is to Batman/Bruce Wayne.
    This is why the Plot Twist didn't work to me. You also advertised it as one Big Showdown with Tony and his arch nemesis and we didn't get that. Killien is a new character that introduce to Iron Man back in 2005. The Maderin has more history. Most fans let the changing of the race thing go but you could of atleast kept the rings and had Ben Kingsley and Tony in one badass final showdown. The Twist threw the whole movie off. Also if you are going to have the whole Extremis stuff with fire breathing and powers then adding Supernatural elements with the Maderin rings shouldn't of been an issue. I'm not even an comic book or Iron man fanboy but that twist was disrespectful to how much a villain THe Maderin is to Iron Man. If the Joker was changed drastically in Batman fans would riot so there shouldn't be a surprise there are fans upset with making Iron Man's biggest villain into a cheap plotline for laughs.
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    movie was lame
  • VulcanRaven
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The Maderin is to Iron man/Tony Stark what the Joker is to Batman/Bruce Wayne.
    This is why the Plot Twist didn't work to me. You also advertised it as one Big Showdown with Tony and his arch nemesis and we didn't get that. Killien is a new character that introduce to Iron Man back in 2005. The Maderin has more history. Most fans let the changing of the race thing go but you could of atleast kept the rings and had Ben Kingsley and Tony in one badass final showdown. The Twist threw the whole movie off. Also if you are going to have the whole Extremis stuff with fire breathing and powers then adding Supernatural elements with the Maderin rings shouldn't of been an issue. I'm not even an comic book or Iron man fanboy but that twist was disrespectful to how much a villain THe Maderin is to Iron Man. If the Joker was changed drastically in Batman fans would riot so there shouldn't be a surprise there are fans upset with making Iron Man's biggest villain into a cheap plotline for laughs.

I only read the first line. So Tony
    never fought the Manderin?
    That ? ruins the movie for me period.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Yea, I think I'm going to pass on the movie based on what I'm seeing on here and from friends on fb lol. Fast 6 will be the 1st movie I watch this year in theaters.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    two movies i was anticapating, pain and gain and iron man 3 were both disappointing.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    basically this could've been one bad ass movie with mandarin being an extreme terrorist and behind the attack on tony in part 1. when he literally came to that ? front door and blew his ? up I was like whoa this ? is serious....they could've made it where tony needed all the suits and iron patriot to defeat mandarin and tony goes out in a blaze of glory instead
    he gets saved by his ?
    this could've been epic and they dropped the ball bigtime
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the movie....too bad some yall look too deep into it to enjoy the movie itself good action and some comedy I got my money's worth
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    ^How did I guess the part in the spoiler from the trailer? I know some people who don't know nothing about Ironman who likes it, but being a fan and knowing about the Mandarin it seems like I won't get what I expected and what was advertised from the trailers.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    movie made 175M first weekend.

some people liked it, i didn't.....
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    As someone who hasn't read the comics or anything, the mandarin twist didn't bother me when I seen it.

but the more I think about it, the more that feels like this movie's biggest flaw to me. You could've literally replaced him with any "bad guy" and it would've filled the same role. it's just, arghh, that one part is really bringing the whole movie down for me in my mind.