Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There will be no more hulk movies, marvel execs already said that loud and clear. Thank Edward norton for that

but have the hulk in the next avenger movie? doesnt make sense
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't want to waste money on this but i still want to see it. does anybody know any streaming sites where i can se this? i wouldn't waste time with ovguide and movie6 is gone. a little help here.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't want to waste money on this but i still want to see it. does anybody know any streaming sites where i can se this? i wouldn't waste time with ovguide and movie6 is gone. a little help here.

http://180upload.com/dfpkx2750o2c
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The twist sucks and lets down the rest of the movie for 2 reasons

1) "The Mandarin" seemed like the most threatening Marvel movie villain to date before the rug was pulled from under our legs so when he becomes comic relief it feels like a tremendously missed opportunity and like a twist for the sake of a twist.

2) It just turned the villain into YET another tech guru CEO who has a grudge against Stark like the arch villains from the first 2 movies which is just boring.

It's become so monotonous and tiring it kills half the excitement of the movie because every big bad is just a clone of the other instead of being a significant & unique threat in his own right. Makes the villains of these movies very interchangeable and villains are supposed to be some of the most compelling parts of any movie not generic clones of each other.

I liked the potential of a new villain hero type of dynamic with the promise of The Mandarin Vs. Stark in this movie but that died halfway into the movie when it just became a retread of Hammer Vs. Stark and Stane Vs. Stark in the first 2 movies. Felt so ? hum and "been there done that" I couldn't stop looking at my watch waiting for it to end.

I did enjoy Guy Pearce's performance with that said I do think it was kinda funny how Shane Black trolled everybody by mocking the Nolan style of superhero movie revelations (Ie: the REAL Talia and Ras Al Ghul) with The Mandarin twist. But it was disappointing to see how he genuinely thought it was smart and creative instead of just a joke as it ended up becoming. Not even as a comic book fan I say this I say this as a movie fan it was just nonsensical and had no real justification within the rest of the narrative up to that point and really did just come out of nowhere.

It was better than 2 but not a real patch on the original but I did enjoy it way better than that piece of garbage Marvel Studios released last summer though. I am done with this series until the one movie where RDJ is recast. I felt like I saw everything that could be done with the character on film in these 3 movies and have no interest in seeing these tropes recycled once more. At least a new lead brings a fresh element to the process so I'll peep that even though I won't be watching anymore Marvel Studios releases outside of that & a possible Hulk movie with Ruffalo (no Cap, Thor or Avengers sequels for me).
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They could have pulled it off better had they mentioned prior fights with the Mandarin but he had disappeared from the scene only to return now. Then hit us with the twist. That way Kingsley is just an imposter but the real Mandarin is out there somewhere. That way you get the twist and still get the integrity of the Mandarin all while not ? off Chinese people.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    They could have pulled it off better had they mentioned prior fights with the Mandarin but he had disappeared from the scene only to return now. Then hit us with the twist. That way Kingsley is just an imposter but the real Mandarin is out there somewhere. That way you get the twist and still get the integrity of the Mandarin all while not ? off Chinese people.

I was praying that was gonna happen and when it didnt the movie was pretty much over from there
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I WAS HIGHLY DISAPOINTED IN THE MOVIE...

DOES IRON HAVE A NEMESIS IN THE COMICS, SO THAT MANDARIN ? WAS COOL UNTIL IT TURNED OUT TO JUST BE AN ACTOR...

QUESTIONS..

1. SO CAN ANYBODY ACCESS/ENTER AN IRON MAN SUIT? I MEAN OLE BOY STOLE WARMACHINE.. WHY ISNT THERE A FAIL SAFE OR SOMETHING?

2. TONYS HOUSE IS OFF THE OCEAN, ON A CLIFF WITH A BIG ASS "S" ON THE BUILDING, HOW COME NO ONE KNEW WHERE HE STAYED AT UNTIL HE GAVE OUT HIS ADDRESS ON TV?

3. TONY HAS TECHNOLOGY OUT THE ASS.. HOW COME HIS HOME WASNT EQUIPPED TO ALERT HIM OF INTRUDERS AND ATTACKS? THAT ? SHOULD HAD SOME KIND OF DEFENSE AGAINST THAT ATTACK ON HIS HOUSE

4. HOW IN THE HELL CAN ALL THEM IRON MAN SUITS GET HANDLED LIKE THAT IN THE END?... THEY WASNT REALLY WHOOPIN NO ASS LIKE THAT...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dvd quality just leaked online
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Preciate the heads up.. Bout to go to sleep and wanted to take a look at it again... That Eiffel 65 "I'm Blue" came on kinda hard at the beginning of the movie..

? yall if you don't agree..
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well this movie was pointless boring and a mess.I see why there are so many complaints.However Ironman 2 is a classic compared to this.This movie is worst than Spiderman 3 and almost as bad as X-Men 3.? like this is the reason why I stopped seeing movies in theatre at one point.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the website to stream this ?
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For Old times sake...

After watching IM3 this movie was

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrR5TJYZ3mOFZRTxWjsU9ZnTHTjIKVF_rBpuMR81pli5ViwUlwtRnoNoBZ

STRAIGHT DOO DOO GRITS

With the Mandarin fail, no love for War Machine still, toilet tissue armor suits and then Pepper kills the villain instead of Iron Man...sigh... my last hope for Marvel is X-Men: Days of Future Past and Avengers 2. It started good but halfway thru it fell off.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    John Rue wrote: »
    For Old times sake...

STRAIGHT DOO DOO GRITS

With the Mandarin fail, no love for War Machine still, toilet tissue armor suits and then Pepper kills the villain instead of Iron Man...sigh... my last hope for Marvel is X-Men: Days of Future Past and Avengers 2. It started good but halfway thru it fell off.
    Man I was like how he can withstand Thor's hammer but this fake ass human tourch villain can rip his suite apart with ease? Then the Mark 42 was wack and barely worked.The whole plot was weak and the humor was cheesy and mesdy.The whole scene with the kid was ? and they never explained what he was injecting into his arm to control the armor.The promotion was one big lie and I feel like I been trolled.? Disney and ? Marvel.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Maaannn I wasn't feeling this movie....... They BUTCHERED The Mandarin SMMFH.... I couldn't believe it. All was going well until they pulled a 'Wizard of Oz' on that ? . I was so cheesed. I can't believe I paid to see it. Pepper was looking good I can't front, good chemistry b/w characters, good comedic moments, thought it was interesting they didn't have Tony in the suit all the time it brought out the movie. Objectively I'd score this a solid 7.5/10 it was definitely better than the second. But personally I'd give it a 6/10 for them not doing The Mandarin right.

They just trolling with the end credits at this point. Guess Tony gonna have the suit attached to his spine now in the next Avengers movie. I still have hope for the Avengers 2.....

Man I give this movie a 4/10 and Ironman 2 was actually enjoyable especially the villain and action.Then it set up him joining the Avengers well with adding Black Widow.I dont know why IM2 gets so much hate.The ending was better too.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First and foremost, Hollywood is DEAD! Nothing really in the past few years/decades have been all that original, had decent WOW factor, memorable, etc. There are exceptions throughout the years, but from an overall view, alot of these video game, comic book adaptations have been Hollywood's excuse to bring the masses into the money theatre. So from my perspective, like Still Cool Beans said I don't go to a movie awaiting to be wowed or surprised, I go to be entertained. Period. Over the years as well I've started to pay more attention to some of those B movies that get very little hype and their ideas trump Hollywood. So wanted to put that out there, don't act surprised when a movie doesn't live to the hype or didn't wow you.

And with that said, I thought Iron Man 3 was good from an entertainment perspective but the plot and execution was one of the worse. Better action wise than IM2 but its no where like 1. Whats funny and I think someone mentioned it in the beginning, there are HUGE similarities to DKR. And just checked this article, apparently I wasn't bullshiting http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/07/the-similarities-between-iron-man-3-and-the-dark-knight-rises

There was this weakness in Tony Stark that was felt since the very beginning (similar to Bruce Wayne), but I think after watching the entire movie, it was a major copout to "end the series" if that was to end it. I'm not sold on the "Avengers space wormhole episode getting me scared" ? . You want to quit after that, thats what you're telling me after watching this movie, ? . He also seemed whipped from Potts, like he's doing all of this for her. Especially with the clean slate, that ? made him alittle weak there, just saying. Not sure comic book wise if that went down like that. Gwyneth Paltrow and Rebecca Hall can get the ? tho...lol. Anyways, I think the armors were scaled down massively throughout the movie, definitely towards the end. You get the feeling of him dispensing them like it's his last time wearing them and ? . And then they get destroyed...Idda know I just felt that bringing them in after hyping that up in trailers became very pointless. Jim Rhodes was shunned too BTW. Iron Patriot was just as pointless, felt like they needed it around for the villain to use. I think Aldrich was a good idea...but as the main villain over Mandarin? Mandarin a comic relief? GTFOH. That was funny but for him to be a major nemesis of IM, I see why that was one of the most disappointing parts of the movie.

Like I said before, I was entertained by the movie but that was really it. The storyline is ok for the movie, if it wasn't Ironman I probably would've thought it was good but for the franchise it was weak. Definitely funny, but to be honest it didn't live up to the hype of which I'm not surprised. The movie just seemed like a cop-out.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess they tried to imply that Killen was the Mandarin. That was a wack ass interpretation on Marvel's part.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    For Old times sake...

STRAIGHT DOO DOO GRITS

huh?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh.... iron man and avengers set the bar so high this seemed mediocore as hell...A real mandarin would have been better and a tie in with another character would have been nice also....still better than Captain america though...
    I want marvel to have some ? and put one of thier characters in the savage land (perferably wolverine)
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    For Old times sake...

STRAIGHT DOO DOO GRITS

huh?

The next X-Men movie.
  • TheBossman
    edited May 2013
    Options
    marvel/disney got x men back?
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No....but I look forward to it though. I hope Fox was takin notes from IM3 when it came to ? up a storyline
  • TheBossman
    Options
    the verizon commercial with the kid in the iron man suit>>>IM3
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    For Old times sake...

STRAIGHT DOO DOO GRITS

huh?

The next X-Men movie.

i hope they dont try to do days of future past in one shot...it better be a trilogy...and there better be cable and/or bishop
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    just got back from seeing this....this....wow....I'm just.....

tumblr_m6mb34JApK1ranhnao1_400.gif