Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The question will be Iron Man Trilogy vs Batman Trilogy.

Iron Man 1 & 3 >>> Part 2

Batman 1 & 2 >>> Part 3 which was over-hyped and overrated to me

I think Marvel did a good job ending the franchise on a high while the last Batman film looked muddled to me . ..

Its all personal opinion anyway . .
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh those >>>> better be a typo, did we watch the same film? Blasphemous

They destroyed a character, never a plus

Most people I know who seen it were really disappointed.

I didnt have much expectations so after seeing it I thought it was okay.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did yall see the film early?

Opens overseas a week before the US.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    How did yall see the film early?

Opens overseas a week before the US.

all yall ? live overseas? lol it's online, audio is bad tho..

http://www.putlocker.com/file/5C094E85A24D7DCF#
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? .....the temptation....its only a week.....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill wait to see it
  • TheBossman
    edited April 2013
    Options
    lol@ iron mayne...

just finished looking at it on that link above, it was iight, nothing special. i guess after seeing avengers our expectations are hella high.

couple questions i gotta ask, i'll keep it in spoilers.
    all them iron man suits was hella cheap at the end of the movie.
    so pepper had the virus, but was cured with surgery?
    who the ? was mandarin? the actor or the aldrich?
    why didn't war machine help tony at all in the movie, he gave no ? towards tony.
    was this the end of the iron man series with RDJ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn I cant look in this thread no more
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    My boy spoiled the movie on facebook and says it sucks lol
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just a few more days im going in with an open mind not everyone is going to like it thats expected
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    just a few more days im going in with an open mind not everyone is going to like it thats expected

You better

LOL @ the screen-name ..
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Kingsley playing mandarin was one thing but when I saw paltrow in the ironman suit I knew it was certified wackness...redbox rental
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »

You better

LOL @ the screen-name ..

this was made around the last upgrade when im2 was announced I jus needed a name and was too lazy to make one my self lol
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Part of the plot sounds corny
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Kingsley playing mandarin was one thing but when I saw paltrow in the ironman suit I knew it was certified wackness...redbox rental

in the comic's didn't pepper have the rescue suit armor?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol yo that DKR thread was legendary
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    was looking forward to this seeing as the word of mouth has been good but it was just meh.....
    I appreciate the audacity of the mandarin misdirect but they shouldn't have done the character like that...especially when they made guy pearce go all Fin Fang Foom lol....although Kingsley did his thing

what point did stark having anxiety attacks serve?they killed that story off with nothing,could have utilized it more at the end on some pure bravery ? but no some kid tells him to go be a ? mechanic or something and boom thats it,its all good.

the tone of the film was different to all the other marvel films,i didn't mind it but it felt like it didn't fit into the avengers universe at all,i mean damn you can't even call upon one other squad member to come help you out a bit?are the rest of these ? still eating shawarma or something?

dude spent half the film trying to fix one suit yet he has a whole army of suits still chilling underneath the crib lol,did they explain why he couldn't just call one up when he needed it?

i suppose it was enjoyable enough overall,RDJ deserves his money and it'll be interesting to see what they do next with the character.

oh yeah and don't stay for the credits scene,that ? was weak.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    was looking forward to this seeing as the word of mouth has been good but it was just meh.....
    I appreciate the audacity of the mandarin misdirect but they shouldn't have done the character like that...especially when they made guy pearce go all Fin Fang Foom lol....although Kingsley did his thing

what point did stark having anxiety attacks serve?they killed that story off with nothing,could have utilized it more at the end on some pure bravery ? but no some kid tells him to go be a ? mechanic or something and boom thats it,its all good.

the tone of the film was different to all the other marvel films,i didn't mind it but it felt like it didn't fit into the avengers universe at all,i mean damn you can't even call upon one other squad member to come help you out a bit?are the rest of these ? still eating shawarma or something?

dude spent half the film trying to fix one suit yet he has a whole army of suits still chilling underneath the crib lol,did they explain why he couldn't just call one up when he needed it?

i suppose it was enjoyable enough overall,RDJ deserves his money and it'll be interesting to see what they do next with the character.

oh yeah and don't stay for the credits scene,that ? was weak.

word, i was saying the same thing in my spoiler. '
    it was like he had no other suits to help him. when he was with the kid why didn't he just call a new suit ti help him?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »

in the comic's didn't pepper have the rescue suit armor?

Apparently she did I happen to stumble upon this
    Invincible_Iron_Man_10_2nd.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was watching part 2 on fox sunday wasn't that bad and the final battle with whiplash was cool too they just did away
    with him quickly and resolved the matter.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

it was like he had no other suits to help him. when he was with the kid why didn't he just call a new suit ti help him?

not even that
    where was S.H.I.E.L.D. after his house got taken apart?you'd think him being an asset to them they would want to give him the help he needed at the very least give him a hand to reach out to but they didn't even make any mention of the affiliation at all where as in the previous films it was a major focus.

i don't like to be one of those guys who nitpicks at everything i watch,? half the time i can turn my brain off and enjoy anything for what it is,but if you create a specific universe (especially in film) you have to apply logic to it which this film kinda didn't.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »

not even that
    where was S.H.I.E.L.D. after his house got taken apart?you'd think him being an asset to them they would want to give him the help he needed at the very least give him a hand to reach out to but they didn't even make any mention of the affiliation at all where as in the previous films it was a major focus.

i don't like to be one of those guys who nitpicks at everything i watch,? half the time i can turn my brain off and enjoy anything for what it is,but if you create a specific universe (especially in film) you have to apply logic to it which this film kinda didn't.

@lazypakman
    exactly, jarvis could of made a reference to shield when he was in the water after the attack. i.e. jarvis voice* "sir shall i call the shield officers?", "no jarvis, im a big boy, i can take care of this." that would of made a ton of sense and incorporated the affiliation of shield into the movie, without them actually being their, if that make any sense.
    and i still can't offer an explanation of why didn't tony just didn't call another suit in when he was with the kid.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was watching part 2 on fox sunday wasn't that bad and the final battle with whiplash was cool too they just did away
    with him quickly
    and resolved the matter.

I said the same thing and the fight should have been longer. I think people miss the point of IM2. It was supposed to be Tony becoming a ? and spiraling out of control. I just think the writers made it too quirky and humorous which made him come off more as a clown than a person who losing control of his life.
  • lazypakman
    Options
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say part 3 is better than 2.. but 2 had the potential GOAT status if some things were done differently. If that makes sense.

On an off topic I'd like to see RDJ play a small role in House of Lies with Don Cheadle. I think his humor would fit nicely with the comedy on that show.