Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I suppose this is the next thing that happened after that scene....

Iron+Man+3+Tony+Stark+suit+Review+Poster+helicopter+blasting+Tony%27s+house.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Iron Man 3 Post-Credit Scene Revealed

It had to happen. It was inevitable. With only a few weeks until release, the much anticipated post-credit scene for Iron Man 3 has been revealed. If you want it kept a surprise, we’d suggest exiting this article now. But, if you’re eager to know which Marvel character will show up in at the end of the film, then read on.
    SPOILERS BELOW

We had heard initially that Ant-Man would make an appearance and for a while, it seemed quite likely. Then, another rumour popped up that pointed to Tony Stark possibly flying out to space to meet up with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Another option that seemed like it may happen.

Today though, Latino Review is putting a rest to the speculation as they have posted a description of what the post-credit scene will show. You can check it out below:

“It starts with a close shot of Tony Stark on a couch talking about his various traumas, obviously he’s talking to someone, as if he was seeing a shrink, the tone of the scene is light and supposedly funny. Then we discover that the person he’s talking to is Bruce Banner/Mark Ruffalo, who fell asleep because of Tony’s boring story. Tony remarks that Banner has been sleeping during the most part of his story and yells at him, and Banner just mumbles and says “You know, I’m not that kind of doctor!” Then Tony recalls another memory and resumes his monologue, and then we see Banner starting to fall asleep again.”

Now, of course, as the film hasn’t officially hit theatres yet, this may not be 100% accurate. That being said, the site sources a guest at the Paris premiere of the film as where they got the info from, so it’s probably pretty close to what we’ll be seeing. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like much and doesn’t look like it’s going to set any events into motion for phase two. Then again, there may be another post-credit scene as well. Sometimes films have one after the top-billed cast are revealed and another when the full credits roll. So who knows?

Either way, it sounds like a humourous scene that plays off the enjoyable relationship between the two characters. Despite it not setting anything up for future films, I’ll still be sticking around for it, how about you?

Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black and stars Robert Downey Jr., Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle, Gwyneth Paltrow, Guy Pearce, Stephanie Szostak, Jon Favreau, Rebecca Hall and James Badge Dale and the voice of Paul Bettany. It hits theatres on May 3rd, 2013.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be a disappointing extra scene. We've pretty much become accustomed of them giving some insight on upcoming films. That one just seems like a throwaway scene.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be a disappointing extra scene. We've pretty much become accustomed of them giving some insight on upcoming films. That one just seems like a throwaway scene.
    Just cross-promotion for an obvious Hulk reboot
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not going to watch any of the new trailers that were released. Trailers nowadays have a tendency to give away most of the pivotal scenes away.
    Can't wait for IM3 though, hope RDJ stays as Tony for future movies. it wouldn't be the same without him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Just cross-promotion for an obvious Hulk reboot

I doubt they are rebooting Hulk. Making a sequel to The Incredible Hulk down the line? Maybe, but even with that there hasn't been any discussion.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Robert Downey talks Iron Man Retirement?
    "This period of time, this shall pass," Downey Jr. said. "Fortunately I've been around the block enough -- I'm not ill-prepared. And I love change. I love it when a lightning bolt hits the genny and you're down for two hours on the set. Now, this isn't a lightning strike, this is like the warning of a gathering storm."

The "gathering storm" in question refers to Downey Jr.'s injury on the set of Iron Man 3, which shut down the production for several weeks

"It got me thinking about how big the message from your cosmic sponsor needs to be before you pick it up," he says. "How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun? Because, as quiet as it's kept, I come from a family of very innovative writers and directors and actors and artists... So there's this kind of legacy of souls from what I consider to be a very particular time in entertainment, and I'm sensing a return to that -- it's what me and the missus are doing next. It's not unlike: I heard Brady signed on for three more years with New England, and then he's done being a QB, because he'll be 40. I'm 47, and I'll be 50."

The actor earned $50 million for The Avengers, and he admits that payment is in consideration for the sequel. "Me, the agents and the lawyers are having a bit of a ball right now," he noted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I wonder when he's planning on pulling this retirement. Marvel has big plans for the future. Is he going to bounce in the middle of that.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Robert Downey talks Iron Man Retirement?
    "This period of time, this shall pass," Downey Jr. said. "Fortunately I've been around the block enough -- I'm not ill-prepared. And I love change. I love it when a lightning bolt hits the genny and you're down for two hours on the set. Now, this isn't a lightning strike, this is like the warning of a gathering storm."

The "gathering storm" in question refers to Downey Jr.'s injury on the set of Iron Man 3, which shut down the production for several weeks

"It got me thinking about how big the message from your cosmic sponsor needs to be before you pick it up," he says. "How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun? Because, as quiet as it's kept, I come from a family of very innovative writers and directors and actors and artists... So there's this kind of legacy of souls from what I consider to be a very particular time in entertainment, and I'm sensing a return to that -- it's what me and the missus are doing next. It's not unlike: I heard Brady signed on for three more years with New England, and then he's done being a QB, because he'll be 40. I'm 47, and I'll be 50."

The actor earned $50 million for The Avengers, and he admits that payment is in consideration for the sequel. "Me, the agents and the lawyers are having a bit of a ball right now," he noted.

tumblr_mbqk0s3ar01riae2mo1_500.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    x7p0by.jpg

lol That's pretty ill. It would be funny as hell if it was in the real movie like a little easter egg.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasnt Ghostface supposed to be in Iron Man 1 but his scene got cut or something?
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Wasnt Ghostface supposed to be in Iron Man 1 but his scene got cut or something?
    Yeah, I think it might've been on the DVD as a deleted scene.

It'd be pretty dope to have Wu suit appear at the end when they're like celebrating Tony's victory, and have everyone think it was some new enemy then have the mask life off and it's ghostface like "Ay chill tony! It's just me!"

• Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching in a few hours, Gandhi better come through and crush the buildings
  • FutureFan
    FutureFan Members Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Options
    My body is ready for this
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

He kinda of was you could hear and see one of ghostface music videos being shown playing in the background while Robert & Terrance were on the private jet talking.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching in a few hours, Gandhi better come through and crush the buildings
    Thoughts?
  • Mantequilla
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Minor spoilers

No comic book expert by any means, but they did Mandarin ? . Movie kind of dragged on a bit at times and felt longer than 2 hours. Wasn't as action packed as the previous two so expect a lot of typical dry humor (calling the kid a ? was Hilarious though). Highlight had to be Stark calling in the reinforcements and switching suits mid battle.

BTW, after credits scene = huge huge let down, seriously WTF. Lol at everyone ? off at having to sit through 10 mins for that BS.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it last nite in 3D . ..

Good blockbuster entertainment and nice way to end the trilogy

Sharp script, top actors and better than Part 2, which was a mess IMO

They got a new director too to replace Favreau who plays Stark's friend/bodyguard in this .. .

Oh and a ? hilarious cameo by Ben Kingsley ..

4/5
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its good RDJr is calling it quits

He's made the fame and fortune off the franchise. This dude was a junkie and in and out of jail over a decade ago .. .

And this film >>> TDKR by far . .
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did yall see the film early?
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was good, but that gwyneth paltrow ? at the end almost made me walk out the theater.
  • Mantequilla
    Options
    Bruh those >>>> better be a typo, did we watch the same film? Blasphemous

They destroyed a character, never a plus
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    The question won't be Iron Man 3 vs The Dark Knight Rises. The question will be Iron Man Trilogy vs Batman Trilogy.