• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nicole7477 wrote: »
    Triple B's wrote: »
    King Lee wrote: »
    Laura ugly? Ya'll are bugging I'd smash her and Myra. I'll even smash Harriett for nostalgia sakes ya'll ain't real fans smh
    Harriette? Now you're pushing it. I think that Myra, Maxine, and Laura are smashable, but you ? will always gor for the lighter skinned ones.

Know what? Find a chick on family matters that was dark skinned and as good looking as Myra or mari... Ill be waiting with a GOAT for u
    Your comment proves my point. Laura has a pretty face, but you don't see it because she's the darkest one in the group of her friends. This is the first time that I heard people trashing Laura's looks. In the 90s, I always heard either
    Laura, Maxine, or Myra that's dimepieces. Now I have to admit. Laura doesn't look good with very short hair. She looked better with long hair in Season 3,4,5. In Season 7 and 8, she have her hair cut really short, but she had the body to make up for it. You guys in here act like Laura Winslow is ? Whoopi Goldberg or somebody. I'm here to tell you that she's is not ugly. Why is ya'll beefing on Laura? What did she do to you?

Lmao its like you've never been to illPix. If you want someone to talk the ? color stuff youre spewing, go hit up zombie or six.

. I think that Lisa Turtle is worse than Laura as far as rejecting nerds, but you guys wouldn't trash her because of the way she looks.

Which is why all that nonsense you posting don't apply. Lisa is a dark skinned chick and she fine (was fine not so now). Laura just wasn't pretty, nothing to do with her skin
  • nicole7477
    nicole7477 Members Posts: 71
    Options
    im convinced this ? is Laura or someone involved with the show. She was googling ? about family matters and came accross this thread made an acct and upped the thread to stick up for herself.

First off, I'm not Laura Winslow, but I do defend her because I don't like the way you guys talk about her like that. What did she do to you? What make you guys hate Laura so much? Is it because her rejecting Steve in earlier episodes hit too close to home? Is it because you don't think that Laura is worth chasing after because she doesn't look like a white woman that you guys secretly wanted? Is it because black women in your past rejected you for the thug or something? I don't understand why you would get mad at a fictional character. If she didn't want Steve in the beginning, so ? what? She got him at the end. Case closed.

• nicole7477
    Options
    Triple B's wrote: »
    King Lee wrote: »
    Laura ugly? Ya'll are bugging I'd smash her and Myra. I'll even smash Harriett for nostalgia sakes ya'll ain't real fans smh
    Harriette? Now you're pushing it. I think that Myra, Maxine, and Laura are smashable, but you ? will always gor for the lighter skinned ones.

Know what? Find a chick on family matters that was dark skinned and as good looking as Myra or mari... Ill be waiting with a GOAT for u
    Your comment proves my point. Laura has a pretty face, but you don't see it because she's the darkest one in the group of her friends. This is the first time that I heard people trashing Laura's looks. In the 90s, I always heard either
    Laura, Maxine, or Myra that's dimepieces. Now I have to admit. Laura doesn't look good with very short hair. She looked better with long hair in Season 3,4,5. In Season 7 and 8, she have her hair cut really short, but she had the body to make up for it. You guys in here act like Laura Winslow is ? Whoopi Goldberg or somebody. I'm here to tell you that she's is not ugly. Why is ya'll beefing on Laura? What did she do to you?

Lmao its like you've never been to illPix. If you want someone to talk the ? color stuff youre spewing, go hit up zombie or six.

. I think that Lisa Turtle is worse than Laura as far as rejecting nerds, but you guys wouldn't trash her because of the way she looks.

Which is why all that nonsense you posting don't apply. Lisa is a dark skinned chick and she fine (was fine not so now). Laura just wasn't pretty, nothing to do with her skin

Well, that's YOUR opinion. You may not think that she's pretty, but everybody does. Lisa Turtle is biracial, so of course you will think that she's fine. You can be dark-skinned and mixed. Laura is neither light-skinned or mixed, so of course you will think she's not pretty. She's not ugly. And yes, it DOES have to do with skin tone.

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im convinced this ? is Laura or someone involved with the show. She was googling ? about family matters and came accross this thread made an acct and upped the thread to stick up for herself.

First off, I'm not Laura Winslow, but I do defend her because I don't like the way you guys talk about her like that. What did she do to you? What make you guys hate Laura so much? Is it because her rejecting Steve in earlier episodes hit too close to home? Is it because you don't think that Laura is worth chasing after because she doesn't look like a white woman that you guys secretly wanted? Is it because black women in your past rejected you for the thug or something? I don't understand why you would get mad at a fictional character. If she didn't want Steve in the beginning, so ? what? She got him at the end. Case closed.

lol ok. first of all I prefer dark skinned chicks but Laura was the definition of average. She wasnt ugly but she wasn't a dime either. Her shallowness and nasty attitude was a downgrade too. And on top of that every cat she dated prior to steve was light skinned so whos the colorstruck one? Stop playing games Laura.

• nicole7477
    edited December 2013
    Options

lol ok. first of all I prefer dark skinned chicks but Laura was the definition of average. She wasnt ugly but she wasn't a dime either. Her shallowness and nasty attitude was a downgrade too. And on top of that every cat she dated prior to steve was light skinned so whos the colorstruck one? Stop playing games Laura.
    And what's wrong with being average? I've rather be average than be ugly. At least she's not below average like Whoopi Goldberg, I know that. Laura Winslow looked better with long hair though, that's the truth. That short haircut did give her a downgrade, but she's far from ugly in the face. She was shallow in her YOUNGER years when she was in JUNIOR HIGH and HIGH SCHOOL. As she got older, she wasn't as shallow as she was before. So, it's ok for Lisa Turtle, Whitley Gilbert, and Tia and Tamera to be shallow, but not Laura???? WTF???? I get it, only light skinned and half-breed ? can be shallow, but black women who look like REAL black women cannot be shallow.

Laura chose Steve for marriage at the end, so what cha saying? It shows that she grew up. Give her a chance. You guys act like she killed somebody. Just because she refused Steve in her younger years doesn't mean that she's a ? . Come on, now, you can do better than that.

I doubt that you prefer dark skinned chicks. You're just saying that to escape from being colorstruck. Everybody knows that black men prefer any woman that doesn't look black.

• illestni99ainne
    Options
    lol ok I hear you talking. you caping hard, but I understand

steve-urkel-tgif.jpg&w=581&h=252&zc=1&q=100
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nicole7477
    edited December 2013
    Options

And what's wrong with being average? I've rather be average than be ugly. At least she's not below average like Whoopi Goldberg, I know that. Laura Winslow looked better with long hair though, that's the truth. That short haircut did give her a downgrade, but she's far from ugly in the face. She was shallow in her YOUNGER years when she was in JUNIOR HIGH and HIGH SCHOOL. As she got older, she wasn't as shallow as she was before. So, it's ok for Lisa Turtle, Whitley Gilbert, and Tia and Tamera to be shallow, but not Laura???? WTF???? I get it, only light skinned and half-breed ? can be shallow, but black women who look like REAL black women cannot be shallow.

Laura chose Steve for marriage at the end, so what cha saying? It shows that she grew up. Give her a chance. You guys act like she killed somebody. Just because she refused Steve in her younger years doesn't mean that she's a ? . Come on, now, you can do better than that.

I doubt that you prefer dark skinned chicks. You're just saying that to escape from being colorstruck. Everybody knows that black men prefer any woman that doesn't look black.

tia and tamara were some ? too...

aint gave a ? bout roger till that ? started singing...

Tooti from Facts Of Life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

True, but nobody is calling Tia and Tamera ugly ? , did they? NO! It proves what I'm saying all along. Light-skinned women like Maxine who's also shallow, and biracial women like Lisa Turtle, Tia, and Tamera can be shallow, but black women who look like normal black women like Laura Winslow are not suppose to be shallow. The only thing that I agree with is Myra Monkhouse being pretty. To me, Maxine look average in the face, but her light skin complexion will have you people thinking that she's a dime. If anything, Myra looks better than Maxine. Laura may not look like Myra Monkhouse but she's not ugly either. Why are you comparing a light-skinned girl with a brown skinned one to justify attractiveness? That's what bothers me. Everybody has their own beauty. Harriette Winslow is more attractive than Florida Evans.

Laura was shallow in her younger years, but she finally grew up and realize that Steve was the only one for her. It's a shame that it took 7-9 seasons to see that though. Myra was a ? to Laura thinking that Laura is going to steal Steve away from her at the time that Laura didn't want to have anything to do with Steve. Laura didn't tell Steve to break up with Myra. He did that on his own. You guys may not think that Laura is a dime which she is, but Steve though that she was beautiful, and that's all that matters. What's with the hatred of Laura Winslow? I don't get it. Why will you guys give Lisa Turtle, Tia and Tamera, Whitley Gilbert a pass for being ? and shallow? To me, that's being prejudice. I rest my case.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    Options

True, but nobody is calling Tia and Tamera ugly ? , did they? NO! It proves what I'm saying all along. Light-skinned women like Maxine who's also shallow, and biracial women like Lisa Turtle, Tia, and Tamera can be shallow, but black women who look like normal black women like Laura Winslow are not suppose to be shallow. The only thing that I agree with is Myra Monkhouse being pretty. To me, Maxine look average in the face, but her light skin complexion will have you people thinking that she's a dime. If anything, Myra looks better than Maxine. Laura may not look like Myra Monkhouse but she's not ugly either. Why are you comparing a light-skinned girl with a brown skinned one to justify attractiveness? That's what bothers me. Everybody has their own beauty. Harriette Winslow is more attractive than Florida Evans.

Laura was shallow in her younger years, but she finally grew up and realize that Steve was the only one for her, and it's a shame that it took him going steady with Myra to see that. Myra was a ? to Laura thinking that Laura is going to steal Steve away from her at the time that Laura didn't want to have anything to do with Steve. Laura didn't tell Steve to break up with Myra. He did that on his own. You guys may not think that Laura is a dime which she is, but Steve though that she was beautiful, and that's all that matters. What's with the hatred of Laura Winslow? I don't get it. Why will you guys give Lisa Turtle, Tia and Tamera, Whitley Gilbert a pass for being ? and shallow? To me, that's being prejudice. I rest my case.

ok then what about pam from martin? she had an attitude (which was a turn on in her case imo) the difference between her and laura is laura was a shallow, indesisive ? and pam was just sexy

[/quote]

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • nicole7477
    Options
    lisa turtle was a ? too.

? her and her popularity.

laura was fine... she aint no Garcelle Beauvais.... but you know...

myra had good reason to be insecure.

to deny this would be foolish.

Yeah, Laura was no Garcelle Beauvais, and they are the same complexion, but she's not ugly though. I get what you're saying. Why would Myra be insecure? With the kind of looks that she have, she can get any man that she wants. As for me, I will take a Steve over a Stephan. It doesn't give Myra a right to be possessive though. If Steve broke up with her, she should move on to another nerd. I like Steve better than Stephan. Stephan may be handsome, but in a long run, I can't see myself marrying Stephan because he seems like a ladies man. It's a good thing that Laura choose Steve instead of Stephan because Stephan will be cheating on her left and right, probably beating her ass everyday. She made a right choice for a change. When Laura was younger, she doesn't want her reputation to be ruin for dating Steve. ? if I was Laura, I will date Steve and not give a ? what other people think.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • nicole7477
    edited December 2013
    Options

Laura was shallow in her younger years, but she finally grew up and realize that Steve was the only one for her, and it's a shame that it took him going steady with Myra to see that. Myra was a ? to Laura thinking that Laura is going to steal Steve away from her at the time that Laura didn't want to have anything to do with Steve. Laura didn't tell Steve to break up with Myra. He did that on his own. You guys may not think that Laura is a dime which she is, but Steve though that she was beautiful, and that's all that matters. What's with the hatred of Laura Winslow? I don't get it. Why will you guys give Lisa Turtle, Tia and Tamera, Whitley Gilbert a pass for being ? and shallow? To me, that's being prejudice. I rest my case.

ok then what about pam from martin? she had an attitude (which was a turn on in her case imo) the difference between her and laura is laura was a shallow, indesisive ? and pam was just sexy

[/quote]
    True, Pam do look better than Laura, and she's way darker than Laura, Judy Winslow too, but Laura is not ugly though. That's all I'm trying to say. Pam's attitude was justify just like Laura's attitude was justified. Who wants to be with somebody who stalks them all the time? I don't like the stalking part of Steve, but Myra gave Steve a run for his money when it comes to stalking, She took stalking to another level.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is for the cool lol foh
  • nicole7477
    Options
    How is she a ? in that video? She was just dancing with Stephan. Now, Laura looked her best in Seasons 3-5 when she had long hair. Long hair fits Laura's face more than that lesbian hair cut that she had on Season 7 and 8. Now, when Laura had long hair in Seasons 3-5, a lot of ? was sweating on Laura as well as Myra and Maxine, but when she cut all her beautiful hair off, she fell the hell off. Most men like women with hair. It's in the Bible. A woman's hair is her glory.

• illestni99ainne
    Options
    foh she treated that ? like ? she been knew for years he was a clumsy nerd and he was nothing but loving to her l
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-cA9u3pjA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • nicole7477
    Options
    foh she treated that ? like ? she been knew for years he was a clumsy nerd and he was nothing but loving to her l
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-cA9u3pjA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now, I agree with this here. She shouldn't be mean to Steve as far as that is concerned. He broke it by accident, and she banished him from her life because of it all because of a stupid glass vase that she can buy again. I still think that she's no where a ? like Lisa Turtle. She was TERRIBLE to Screech.

• suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this thread was back... just exaggerated emotional response to nothing
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    hold on now....

Myra did look better but Laura wasn't ugly. fall back

Some of yall sound like this hit a lil close to home. She didn't want be with that lame ass ? at first. So what?

The same ? on here faulting her for that are the same ppl that would ? on a fat girl in a heartbeat.

Steve Urkel was ahead of everyone in style.

Those glasses he wore back then are in style now.

The folded jeans above the ankles are in style now.

The suspenders are being rocked more and more as a casual form of dress.

He dared to wear loafers at a time when everyone and their moms were wearing sneakers and high-tops.

He rocked cardigans with the plaid shirts underneath before anyone else was doing it.

He was cloning before they were cloning.

He was a science ? .

Laura was a straightup ? , and probably would've had trains run on her if her dad wasn't a pig.

? made me spit out my sprite lol

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Laura Winslow was a ? .

Steve lost for wifing that.

Every other ? woulda kept playing the game, let her fall in love,
    smashed, and bounced for all the childhood heartache, with a W.
  • nicole7477
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Laura Winslow was a ? .

Steve lost for wifing that.

Every other ? woulda kept playing the game, let her fall in love,
    smashed, and bounced for all the childhood heartache, with a W.

How is Steve lost for wifing that? Unlike you ? in this board, Steve had a forgiving heart that will give Laura a chance. What matters is that Laura changed for the better as she got older. Why are you bringing how she was to Steve in the past? I sense old wounds. You guys need to deal with that. Just because some woman broke your heart in high school doesn't mean that she doesn't deserve love. Let that ? go. Leave her alone. Yes she was a ? to Steve in earlier seasons but she wasn't a ? in later seasons. Let her be. You act like you know her or something.
  • nicole7477
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    I thought this thread was back... just exaggerated emotional response to nothing

How is that emotional response? I have every right to express how I feel if I want to. Who the hell are you? You're the one that post all of these light skinned chicks who you think is prettier than Laura based on skin tone alone.
  • nicole7477
    edited December 2013
    Options
    yea Laura treated Steve like ? for years, she was a total ? to him and Steve still simped her smh
    Laura wasn't all that as Steve made her out to be, Myra looked better but Laura was nice too. When I was little, I used to smh at Steve for pickin Laura over Myra lol.
    That ? 's simpin annoyed me smh but it worked tho. This ? Steve forced his way into her life, became close wit her and her fam and he cockblocked her boyfriends so many times. I think Laura liked Steve on the low tho, how you like Stephan but don't like Steve when they're basically the same physically, one just has glasses. He was his ? clone lol

You guys always talk about how Myra looks better than Laura and how he should chose her. So basically, you want Steve to chose Myra based on LOOKS alone. Well let me tell you something, if you are marrying a woman based solely on how she look, that marriage is not going to last. That's the problem with black men. They married women who they think are dimepieces come to find out that she's just a gold digger. Most of them marry for the wrong reasons. Looks can only take you but so far. To you, Laura may not be all that in your eyes, but to Steve, she's a masterpiece, and that's why he chose her and not Myra. And for all of you that are saying that Myra has a nice personality, I disagree. You are so blinded by the way she looks to the point that you don't see that she's not innocent either. She's always picking fights with Laura for thinking that Laura wanted Steve at the time when she didn't want anything to do with Steve. She's the one that started the food fight, not Laura. She's not innocent either. First off, Myra made herself too damn easy chasing after Steve, jumping on him, spying on him, sketching him naked, being overly possessive, jealous, obsessed. Yes, she accept Steve for who he was, but Steve also knew that Myra is easy and too pushy, needy, and available, and Steve finds that unattractive no matter how she look. That's why he went after Laura even though he went steady with Myra. You can be with the same person for 4 years without falling in love with them. Don't no man want no needy, easy, clingy woman. Only those with low self-esteem do. They'll ? them, but they won't wife them. Big difference. Talk about Laura all you want, but at least Laura wasn't obsessed, possessive, and easy. Steve saw something in Laura that he didn't see in Myra, and plus he knew Laura since kindergarten, so they have a history together unlike him and Myra. They share a lot of things together. They go waaaaay back. You guys ONLY rooted for Myra simply because she looks fuckable, but I've rarely hear you said that you will WIFE Myra, there's a difference. Laura is not ugly in the face. It's that damn short haircut that make her look hideous, but Laura was a knockout when she had shoulder length hair. Leave Laura alone. She was young. Yes, she was shallow, but it's funny how you call her shallow, but you guys are raging on how other women in the show looks better than Laura, so what makes you any different?

But at the end of the day, Laura did the right thing for choosing Steve for marriage, so she did something right. If she was still shallow, then she would've chose Stephan for marriage, but she went with her HEART, and chose Steve. That's a plus. Leave her be.