Video: Driver in a Range Rover Runs Over Group Of Bikers In NYC...

Options

Comments

• ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

It's in the videos i posted, they ran EVERY red light, was riding against traffic, riding on the side walk, impeding traffic. Like Kat said, all fun and games til somebody gets hurt.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were most definitely being reckless.

Now paralyzed dude's gal is on the news with the waterworks, but I can't find the ? to give.

• Wild Willie in the A
    Wild Willie in the A Members Posts: 281
    Options

? , they breaking damn near every traffic law there is. How many red lights did you see them run? Just cause you in a big group doesnt me you can inconvenience everybody else.

TRUUUUEEEEE....but that still doesn't give folks the OK to just go running folks over!!! That's up to the police to stop/chase/arrest or whatever...dude committed aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you make the video stupid large, around 0:47 seconds in, you can clearly see a dude in white trying to break into the range rover

looks like the same dude who was doing the brake-checking, which is a shame, because i felt he was the only one who actually deserved to get ran over. that being said, both sides are at fault here. that situation could've been easily avoided had they not stopped on a highway. it's pretty much common sense that you shouldn't sit in front of a vehicle where the driver is being provoked.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options

? , they breaking damn near every traffic law there is. How many red lights did you see them run? Just cause you in a big group doesnt me you can inconvenience everybody else.

TRUUUUEEEEE....but that still doesn't give folks the OK to just go running folks over!!! That's up to the police to stop/chase/arrest or whatever...dude committed aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

I feel you, I've been on the highway plenty of times and bike groups taking up all three lanes, stuntin' and ? . If one of them gets hit running a red light who's fault is it really?

As far as the RR incident, did you notice the bike riding in his lane right next to him then jumping in front and braking hard. I can't say what happened leading up to this but if the other videos are any indication of how they were acting I bet the bikes instigated the whole thing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't people just agree that both sides were wrong and let it go?

The bikers were wrong for behaving like ? and mobbing on the road.

The SUV driver was wrong for overreacting to threat and running people over.

I don't think either side is more wrong than the others honestly. It's true that the riders probably weren't doing anything that was worthy of paralysis. But at the same time, it's not that crazy for a man to think that he has to take a drastic measure to protect himself and his family from a bunch of seemingly belligerent people. At the end of the day everybody has that "him or me" mentality when they feel like they are endangered. And everyone one in this ? ? are going to choose themselves in a situation like that. I'm not going to just run bikers over because they are annoying, but I damn sure will do it if they make me feel like my life is in peril if I don't.
  • Wild Willie in the A
    Wild Willie in the A Members Posts: 281
    Options
    Why can't people just agree that both sides were wrong and let it go?

The bikers were wrong for behaving like ? and mobbing on the road.

The SUV driver was wrong for overreacting to threat and running people over.

I don't think either side is more wrong than the others honestly. It's true that the riders probably weren't doing anything that was worthy of paralysis. But at the same time, it's not that crazy for a man to think that he has to take a drastic measure to protect himself and his family from a bunch of seemingly belligerent people. At the end of the day everybody has that "him or me" mentality when they feel like they are endangered. And everyone one in this ? ? are going to choose themselves in a situation like that. I'm not going to just run bikers over because they are annoying, but I damn sure will do it if they make me feel like my life is in peril if I don't.

Yeah I think I established the fact that the bikers were wrong under any circumstance, I'm just giving another perspective from the biker side. No arguements, just discussions to pass time...aint that what this community is here for?? to pass time discussing different topics?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Range Rover went monster trucking on those motorcycles damn.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a little more details thanks to the last video but..

Why didn't the driver stop his car and call the cops when the bikers first were driving reckless around him, stopping traffic.

As far as the cops, why were they allowing bikers to take over a whole area and not expect ? to happen ?

Finally, was the dude who got paralyzed doing anything to the driver ? You can't just say well one ? scared me, so I paralyzed another ? . What if he hit somebody who had nothing to do with it ?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cnn.com/2013/10/02/us/new-york-bikers-attack-video/index.html
    Charges dropped against 1 of 2 men in biker case

New York (CNN) -- Prosecutors dropped charges Wednesday against Allen Edwards, 42, one of two men arrested in connection with an attack Sunday on an SUV driver who was swarmed by bikers on a New York City street.

The office is not currently prosecuting Edwards as it continues to investigate the incident, said Erin Duggan, communications director for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr.

Edwards had originally faced charges of reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and menacing, the New York City Police Department said.

The incident involving motorcyclists went viral after a video of the incident surfaced online.

A helmet camera one of the bikers was wearing captured much of the incident, including when a biker walks up to the SUV and smashes a window with a helmet.

Police said the incident began when a man driving his wife and 2-year-old daughter in a Range Rover struck a motorcyclist riding with a large group of fellow bikers on Manhattan's West Side Highway.

The biker who was struck by the SUV, 28-year-old Christopher Cruz, was later arrested and faces charges that include reckless endangerment, reckless driving and endangering the welfare of a child, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Tuesday.

He was to be released after posting $1,500 cash bail and a $15,000 insurance bond. In addition, his license was suspended and he was ordered to surrender his passport.

After hitting the biker, the SUV driver pulled over and the motorcyclists surrounded his vehicle, hitting it and spiking the tires, police said. The driver then pulled away, hitting three more bikers in the process, police said.

One of those hit, Edwin Mieses, 32, is paralyzed and in a coma, his family told CNN affiliate WBZ.

"All of his ribs are fractured," Mieses' mother, Yolanda Santiago, told WBZ, "his lungs are so badly bruised that he's still on a ventilator."

Mieses' wife, Dayana, told CNN affiliate WCBS that her husband had gotten off his bike to help Cruz, but was hit by the SUV driver as he drove off.

The hospital where Mieses was being treated did not respond to CNN inquiries about his condition.

Police said the biker group, called "Hollywood Stuntz," chased the driver, whose flat tires forced him to stop.

Cornered, the SUV driver was beaten, according to police. He was later treated at a hospital for slashes to his face and released. Neither his wife nor his child was hurt.

"I don't condone the violence, there's no need for it," Mieses' sister Margie Mejia told WBZ, but "I'm glad they chased him down and they stopped him."

Police say the same group of bikers descended on New York City and clogged Times Square last year in what Kelly said was a "major stunt event."

Authorities say they prevented the group from entering Times Square this year. Police arrested 15 bikers Sunday, seized 55 bikes and wrote 68 summons for various violations.

They are looking at video to try to determine whether any other charges will be filed in the incident.

On whether it was legal for the SUV driver to leave the scene after hitting the first motorcyclist, Kelly said Tuesday that "you have to look at the totality of the circumstances and that's what we're doing."

"The investigation is ongoing," Kelly said.

The SUV driver has not been charged.

"It's not going to bring my son's legs back, because it's not going to make him walk again," Mieses' mother said, "But justice has to be served."
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bikers may be wrong, but running ? over with your vehicle don't make you right.

Try to hit a policeman with a car and see what happens.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Ya'll acting like he ran them over on purpose, they shouldn't have been stopped on the highway in the first place. Pull off to the side if you want to stop and see whats going on. If dude was intentionally running over bikers why wasn't he swerving at them and brake checking them after he got out the pack? Seems to me he was trying to get to safety.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

I feel you, I've been on the highway plenty of times and bike groups taking up all three lanes, stuntin' and ? . If one of them gets hit running a red light who's fault is it really?

As far as the RR incident, did you notice the bike riding in his lane right next to him then jumping in front and braking hard. I can't say what happened leading up to this but if the other videos are any indication of how they were acting I bet the bikes instigated the whole thing.

Aight....so if tomorrow I go to a club, concert or festival. Any large gathering. And at this place, there's a group of 30 or 50 people all together. Not everyone in the large group is best friends with each other, some people in the group don't even know some of the other guys but, since they all share acquaintances they're at this concert/festival/club together.

I get into an altercation with 1 out of the 50 people. 10 more people come and surround me. Fearing for my life, I pull out a gun and fire a couple warning shots. But one of my bullets hits one of the other 40 people who were there with the group. This person I shot wasn't really in the melee causing the altercation because like I said.....some folk in this group aren't that tight with everybody so maybe they didn't want to get involved in some stupid fight and get arrested. But nonetheless this person got hit and I paralyzed this person......when I was shooting, fearing for my life.

Is that okay?

Because that's what happened. When the Range Rover barreled through all the bikers, he barreled through bikers that weren't even ? with him.
  • bgoat
    Options
    Ya'll acting like he ran them over on purpose, they shouldn't have been stopped on the highway in the first place. Pull off to the side if you want to stop and see whats going on. If dude was intentionally running over bikers why wasn't he swerving at them and brake checking them after he got out the pack? Seems to me he was trying to get to safety.

Well if you just hit one person and his legs are broken, I'm sure he will still be on the ground in front of the truck's path. Then you have people coming to help the injured rider, they to will be in direct path of the truck.

WTF you mean it wasn't on purpose...lol
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Were the people you shot breaking the law? If you get shot in the mist of breaking the law who are you to complain?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some of yall sound like some stone cold ? in here..

where is all the tough talk now?

sounds like a bunch of ? in here.

i was scared for my families life...i would have did it too ass ? .

what about just slowing the fukk down and letting them go ahead because you have your family in the car....then you would have been in the situation. whether its 1 biker or 50.....i just slow down when i see them....i cuss them out just like everybody else...but i let them have they wreckless fun without me being involved in nothing.

if they stopping traffic...again so the fukk what.

next time your car breaks down and you blocking traffic ...i can come an run you over.
  • bgoat
    Options
    Were the people you shot breaking the law? If you get shot in the mist of breaking the law who are you to complain?

Who's to say the guy that got paralyzed was breaking a law. He was helping an accident victim when he was ran over.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

He did run them over on purpose, but those dumb ? shouldn't have been blocking him in the first place.

He ran them over on purpose in the sense that he knew if he drove for it, and made a break for it, a few of them were going to get ran the ? over in the process.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

So all these guys sitting on their bikes were breaking the law?

2jd2sg7.png

When that dude came through, he ran over alot of cats. I'm tryna pinpoint the dude that got paralyzed. If its the cat laying in the middle of the road afterward, I don't even think he was in the crowd causing the altercation smh.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope the dude that stopped right in front of the range at the 27sec mark was the one who got it the worst.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? in here act like yall never did anything wrong in life.

you ? just perfect huh?
  • bgoat
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I hope the dude that stopped right in front of the range at the 27sec mark was the one who got it the worst.

Nope. The dude that came to help him got it the worst.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

So all these guys sitting on their bikes were breaking the law?

2jd2sg7.png

When that dude came through, he ran over alot of cats. I'm tryna pinpoint the dude that got paralyzed. If its the cat laying in the middle of the road afterward, I don't even think he was in the crowd causing the altercation smh.

I can't see the pic on my work PC, but if they were stopped/parked on the highway then they were in the wrong. When you get a flat do you stop and change it in the middle of the highway or pull to the side of the highway and change it?