Video: Driver in a Range Rover Runs Over Group Of Bikers In NYC...

Options

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i woulda rolled over them too! then woulda stayed on the freeway and made them chumps chase me till they ran outta gas. i got an SUV, they lil 2-3 gallon tanks woulda ran out after 10 minutes at the speeds they was going. then they woulda been stuck like chuck
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Were the people you shot breaking the law? If you get shot in the mist of breaking the law who are you to complain?

So all these guys sitting on their bikes were breaking the law?

2jd2sg7.png

When that dude came through, he ran over alot of cats. I'm tryna pinpoint the dude that got paralyzed. If its the cat laying in the middle of the road afterward, I don't even think he was in the crowd causing the altercation smh.

I can't see the pic on my work PC, but if they were stopped/parked on the highway then they were in the wrong. When you get a flat do you stop and change it in the middle of the highway or pull to the side of the highway and change it?

Fool, be quiet. Stopping on the highway isn't cause to be paralyzed. You so quick to call out the wrongdoing of the bikers....be a damn grownup and learn how to be impartial. That Asian guy ran over people that weren't even doing anything to him.

lol, How were they not? It was already said that they were trying to box him in to stop him becasue he supposedly bumped a biker earlier? That's not a good idea on a bike no matter how you slice it. I gives a damn about the RR driver or the bikers.

I'm literally talking to a brick wall. I even posted a screenshot. The bikers that were up further on the road weren't tryna box him in. They were looking back, standing around to see what was going on. Six seconds later, a 2000lb SUV comes barreling through. You can't take the actions of 10 nut ass bikers and be like all 50 of the bikers deserved to die and get paralyzed.

? ? shouldn't have been rubbernecking.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock Well wrote: »
    i woulda rolled over them too! then woulda stayed on the freeway and made them chumps chase me till they ran outta gas. i got an SUV, they lil 2-3 gallon tanks woulda ran out after 10 minutes at the speeds they was going. then they woulda been stuck like chuck

Maybe in New York. In Chicago they woulda shot your whip the ? up... and you have your daughter in the car?

When all it takes is this.

A playboy my bad I hit the bike here's my info, me and the fam got somewhere to be. Can you holla at ya folks so I can get through?

You feel me? COOL.

Instead he is facing charges and is being sued. His wife and child had to witness him get beat the ? up and all for nothing.

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NEW YORK (AP) — A motorcyclist was charged Wednesday with reckless driving after prosecutors said he touched off a tense encounter with the driver of an SUV and a throng of other bikers that ended with blood and broken bones on a Manhattan street.

Christopher Cruz, 28, of Passaic, N.J., was also charged with unlawful imprisonment. His bail was set at $1,500 cash. His attorney, H. Benjamin Perez, said his client denied all the allegations.

"He will come back to fight this case and clear his name," he said.

Cruz is the only person charged criminally so far in the Sunday encounter that was caught on a helmet-mounted camera worn by another biker and was posted online anonymously.

The Manhattan district attorney's office decided not to immediately prosecute a second person arrested, Allen Edwards, 42, who surrendered to police on Tuesday. But prosecutors said the investigation continues, and they served notice that they intend to take the case against Cruz to a grand jury — a sign that more serious charges are likely.

Karen Friedman-Agnifilo, the prosecutor overseeing the case, said authorities were trying to build the strongest cases possible.

"Prematurely charging individuals with low-level crimes does not further the goals of the investigation, and could weaken the cases we expect to bring against the perpetrators of serious crimes," she said.

Prosecutors and police said Cruz was participating in a motorcycle rally speeding along Manhattan's West Side Highway. Cruz cut in front of a black Range Rover and, still staring at its driver, slowed down so much that the rear tire of his chopper bumped the front of the SUV, they said. He got off and approached the SUV, prosecutors said.

Video captured the moment as about two dozen riders slowed down, swarming the SUV and blocking its path. Some dismounted and approached the vehicle. Police said some of the bikers then began damaging the Range Rover.

The SUV driver, who police say was frightened for his family in the car, suddenly lurched forward, plowing over another rider before heading north. The cyclists gave chase, pursuing the driver for about 2.5 miles.

The chase ended when the SUV exited the highway and got stuck in street traffic. The video showed one biker smashing the driver's window with his helmet. Police said the group then pulled the man from the SUV and beat him, although that part isn't shown on the video. The police department confirmed that the video is authentic.

The SUV driver, Alexian Lien, 33, was taken to a hospital where he needed stitches for his face. His wife and 2-year-old were not injured. A call to his home wasn't returned Wednesday.

Cruz's attorney said his client wasn't involved in the beating. Cruz has previous arrests in New Jersey, including a theft case in which he pleaded guilty, according to Manhattan prosecutors.

"The bottom line is that my client had nothing to do with what happened to this gentleman, and he does not know the people who, you know, beat this gentleman up on 174th Street," Perez said. "He never left the location of the accident, and he at no time ever assaulted this man — or his vehicle, for that matter."

The biker who was struck as the SUV fled, Edwin Mieses Jr., remained hospitalized Wednesday. His legs were broken and he has spine injuries that will leave him paralyzed, his wife said. She said her husband, who goes by Jay, is the victim, not the driver of the SUV. At least one other biker was injured.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the motorcyclists were participating in a periodic rally in which more than 1,000 bikers head for Times Square. He said police were caught by surprise by the unpermitted event last year but were aware it was taking place this year and "did a fair amount of enforcement" to break up the procession.

There were 15 other arrests and 55 motorcycles confiscated, Kelly said.

b571493034dd10213f0f6a706700dc91.jpg
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

The chase ended when the SUV exited the highway and got stuck in street traffic. The video showed one biker smashing the driver's window with his helmet. Police said the group then pulled the man from the SUV and beat him, although that part isn't shown on the video. The police department confirmed that the video is authentic.

The SUV driver, Alexian Lien, 33, was taken to a hospital where he needed stitches for his face. His wife and 2-year-old were not injured. A call to his home wasn't returned Wednesday.

lol.
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

lol.

Isn't it wild that a few minutes\seconds can change the whole trajectory of your life. Don't ? around on the highway and steer clear of crazies,when you can.

• Darth Sidious
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    "...and the child slept comfortably the whole time. The 2014 Range Rover by Land Rover. Go beyond."

Land_rover_logo.jpg

Yeah, I have new respect for the Range Rover, there aren't a lot of SUVs on the market now that can run over bodies and motorcycles like that without getting hung up. This is great advertising for them. Include puncture\flat resistant tires and bullet proof glass and this thing is a tank.

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are no totally innocent parties in this situation IMO. The biker who slowed down shouldn't have been doing that dumb ? in the first place, but that doesn't give the SUV driver justification to plow down bikers who had nothing to do with the situation. Seems to me that dude saw a bunch of brown faces and panicked.
  • Confidential Playa
    Confidential Playa Members Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No sympathy at all for them bikers. Its sad one of them is clinging to life but he shouldn't have been trying to be a tough guy, trying to menace a father driving his family home.

If I was driving my family home and a group of bikers had me surrounded, I'm running they ass over too.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    So they wasn't suppose to help their friend laying on the ground damn near under a SUV?

Bruh the same dude that brake checked the SUV is the one that was trying to get the door of the SUV open after he got bumped. The dude that got ran over was stopped infront of the SUV blocking him in. The only time somebody was under the truck was when he got the hell out of dodge.

? stop lying. You did not see the dude that got bump, get up and try to open the door of the SUV.

Go back to the 0:42-0:47 mark, blow it up full screen and you can see the dude with the white t-shirt/black vest beating on the vehicle and at the drivers door.

ION know what video you're looking at, but you do not see the guy that got tapped by the SUV, get up and start beating on the guy window. Definitely didn't happen @ the marks you said it did. I take it that you're not looking at the vid in the original post.
  • bgoat
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    did he not hurt someone first thats why they tried to block him in?

so he hit someone and ran three times.....

when is he guilty?

Bruh WTF? Dude tried to reconcile the issue. It was a fender ? . Nothing bad. Instead of them acting civil the beat on the dude car so he drove off. His mind is on the safety of his family. The caught up and blocked him in again, the approach and the got mowed down. Them bikers wasn't trying to be civil about the ? from the start.

That sounds like a hit and run. You can't hit somebody and then bounce because they knock on your window.

Knock? 10 mother ? beating on your car is a knock? Why did 10 mother ? had to approach the dude when the guy he rear ended wasn't hurt? If you don't give some time to apologize wtf else I'm pose to do?

I 've read that his legs were broken. One of the reason people was in front of the SUV was to help.

I think there's some confusion going on here. The dude that got bumped isn't the one that was hurt.

I'm not confused, I think you're watching the vid where the media is splicing the original vid. The part you keep talking about where the dude goes to open the door, for 1 is not the same person that break checked and 2 that part of the vid is the end, when they finally caught up with him because of the traffic.

Supposedly, the dude that is paralyzed was helping the guy that brake checked, got bumped, and broke his legs.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they wasn't suppose to help their friend laying on the ground damn near under a SUV?

Bruh the same dude that brake checked the SUV is the one that was trying to get the door of the SUV open after he got bumped. The dude that got ran over was stopped infront of the SUV blocking him in. The only time somebody was under the truck was when he got the hell out of dodge.

? stop lying. You did not see the dude that got bump, get up and try to open the door of the SUV.

Go back to the 0:42-0:47 mark, blow it up full screen and you can see the dude with the white t-shirt/black vest beating on the vehicle and at the drivers door.

ION know what video you're looking at, but you do not see the guy that got tapped by the SUV, get up and start beating on the guy window. Definitely didn't happen @ the marks you said it did. I take it that you're not looking at the vid in the original post.

You must be watching the video on a cell phone or something. Go back and read dark sidious post, it's right in the article and can be seen in the video.
    Prosecutors and police said Cruz was participating in a motorcycle rally speeding along Manhattan's West Side Highway. Cruz cut in front of a black Range Rover and, still staring at its driver, slowed down so much that the rear tire of his chopper bumped the front of the SUV, they said. He got off and approached the SUV, prosecutors said
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    did he not hurt someone first thats why they tried to block him in?

so he hit someone and ran three times.....

when is he guilty?

Bruh WTF? Dude tried to reconcile the issue. It was a fender ? . Nothing bad. Instead of them acting civil the beat on the dude car so he drove off. His mind is on the safety of his family. The caught up and blocked him in again, the approach and the got mowed down. Them bikers wasn't trying to be civil about the ? from the start.

That sounds like a hit and run. You can't hit somebody and then bounce because they knock on your window.

Knock? 10 mother ? beating on your car is a knock? Why did 10 mother ? had to approach the dude when the guy he rear ended wasn't hurt? If you don't give some time to apologize wtf else I'm pose to do?

I 've read that his legs were broken. One of the reason people was in front of the SUV was to help.

I think there's some confusion going on here. The dude that got bumped isn't the one that was hurt.

I'm not confused, I think you're watching the vid where the media is splicing the original vid. The part you keep talking about where the dude goes to open the door, for 1 is not the same person that break checked and 2 that part of the vid is the end, when they finally caught up with him because of the traffic.

Supposedly, the dude that is paralyzed was helping the guy that brake checked, got bumped, and broke his legs.

How was cruz being helped when he got off the bike and approached the vehicle after being bumped?Y
  • bgoat
    Options

You must be watching the video on a cell phone or something. Go back and read dark sidious post, it's right in the article and can be seen in the video.
    Prosecutors and police said Cruz was participating in a motorcycle rally speeding along Manhattan's West Side Highway. Cruz cut in front of a black Range Rover and, still staring at its driver, slowed down so much that the rear tire of his chopper bumped the front of the SUV, they said. He got off and approached the SUV, prosecutors said

Not on a phone, I just don't see all that in the video that I'm watching. Just read the article.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Driver was in the wrong. He shoulda took out as many as he could. Thats what i would do if i had my baby and ol woman against 30,40 or even 50 bikers. Common sense.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    A lot of yall have Zero street smarts.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    "...and the child slept comfortably the whole time. The 2014 Range Rover by Land Rover. Go beyond."

Land_rover_logo.jpg

Yeah, I have new respect for the Range Rover, there aren't a lot of SUVs on the market now that can run over bodies and motorcycles like that without getting hung up. This is great advertising for them. Include puncture\flat resistant tires and bullet proof glass and this thing is a tank.

They missing out on money, they don't even know.

Salesman trying to get that sale, if it's going rough, just throw a lil line out at the end like, "? ...run over a few ? or whatever. You stuck, ya know, threw too many back...you won't miss a beat. CD won't even skip. Bodies all mangled but the Rover straight. Just saying, bro."

It's easy money.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Driver was in the wrong. He shoulda took out as many as he could. Thats what i would do if i had my baby and ol woman against 30,40 or even 50 bikers. Common sense.

Real Talk. I can't imagine how we are looking at the same video as some of the other folks on here. I would have hit every ? in my way and probably would have backed up to hit a few more.

? that ? .

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the ? that recorded everything with the helmet cam being from my hometown.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bikers were in the wrong. Dude had every reason to protect his family.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    I don't think they were trying to hurt fam untill he did that dumb ? . You can't just run over ? cuz they won't get out your way. Then its a 100 of them. Like I said before, he put his own family in danger trying to be on some tough ? .

They still caught up with him.
    They knocked his window out and beat the ? out of him in front of his family. They could have took his life...or killed his family if they was grimy like that. Its better to think than react. His windows were up.. dude didn't even try to diffuse that ? .

You can't flee from the scene of an accident.

You gotta think....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol no sympathy .... I would da ? bowled they ass too. They tried to intimidate China man and ? learned they ass.... Now big bad biker man can't walk no mo smh....
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    motorbike-accident.jpg
    Edwin Mieses shown just moments after being run over by a Range Rover SUV being driven by Alexian Lien after an altercation on New York's West Side Highway.