Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U should leave.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know what's Hulk gonna do once he gets put in space? this seems too easy.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    Hulk would not win simply because he is too dumb i.e. blinded by rage. he can't think strategically. Superman has a lot more tools and can think clearly so he would figure some ? out.
    I assume you haven't seen any Hulk appearances since the early 90s. There are several versions of the Hulk. Savage (dumb) Hulk hasn't made an appearance in quite some time.

I just researched this ? and apparently he is back to being dumb and in any case he is normally depicted as dumb many more times than smart. also, many would argue that that is the basic nature of the character - dumb Hulk allows writers to write a complex character where as Bruce he is a genius but frail and as the hulk he is powerful and stupid. smart Hulk seems like an on and off thing but not really consistent with the character, i'd be like if we compared Hulk with some other vastly overpowered version of Superman, for which of course there are many examples. but we're not, we're comparing regular ass Hulk with regular ass Superman. and regular Hulk is dumb.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know what's Hulk gonna do once he gets put in space? this seems too easy.
    Hulk can breathe in space

• jaxn
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hulk would not win simply because he is too dumb i.e. blinded by rage. he can't think strategically. Superman has a lot more tools and can think clearly so he would figure some ? out.
    I assume you haven't seen any Hulk appearances since the early 90s. There are several versions of the Hulk. Savage (dumb) Hulk hasn't made an appearance in quite some time.

I just researched this ? and apparently he is back to being dumb and in any case he is normally depicted as dumb many more times than smart. also, many would argue that that is the basic nature of the character - dumb Hulk allows writers to write a complex character where as Bruce he is a genius but frail and as the hulk he is powerful and stupid. smart Hulk seems like an on and off thing but not really consistent with the character, i'd be like if we compared Hulk with some other vastly overpowered version of Superman, for which of course there are many examples. but we're not, we're comparing regular ass Hulk with regular ass Superman. and regular Hulk is dumb.

There hasn't been appearance of the Savage Hulk that you're referring to in awhile. If the Hulk currently running around Marvel is indeed the Savage one, that can lead to an interesting storyline if handle correctly, but considering all of the events from WWH, it would be odd if Marvel went in that direction again, but then again, it is Marvel. Actually, the majority of his appearances portrays an intelligent Hulk, whether he's in full possession of his intelligence also depends on what incarnation of the Hulk appears. The basic nature of the character is that Bruce Banner is a genius scientist who has a raging monster inside who he has to control. It's not about being dumb whatsoever. Have you seen the Hulk as Grey Hulk, the Professor, WWH or even the toned down version of Hulk right after WWH? They're all pretty intelligent. You do realize there is no "regular" Hulk right? Different versions of the Hulk can just manifest from out of nowhere
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options

Hulk can breathe in space

not what I meant.. he can't fly therefore he can't control himself - wherever he'd be thrown in space he would just keep traveling forever in that direction. if Superman tossed him towards the sun he would just cruise in that direction without being able to control himself until he impacted the sun. even just one punch and he would start spinning out of control and not be able to stop himself.

• jaxn
    Options
    well Hulk could always just use his thunder clap in space. I'd imagine that would provide all the momentum he would need to go in the direction he chooses. I don't think the Hulk would just let Superman fly him into space to begin with.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well Hulk could always just use his thunder clap in space. I'd imagine that would provide all the momentum he would need to go in the direction he chooses. I don't think the Hulk would just let Superman fly him into space to begin with.

His thunderclap wouldn't work in space for the same reasons there is no sound in space.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    while he can't fly he has had instances where he changed his trajectory in midair by sheer muscle control
  • jaxn
    Options

His thunderclap wouldn't work in space for the same reasons there is no sound in space.

this is comics. He shouldn't be able to survive in space unaided but he does. He shouldn't be able to grab energy, but he does
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

this is comics. He shouldn't be able to survive in space unaided but he does. He shouldn't be able to grab energy, but he does

Fair point, but until they actually show the character doing something stupidly impossible, I prefer to err on the side of the character not being able to do it.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supes advantage is speed. This would be a damn good fight. I can never call it. Thanos would murderman dance on Supes. But Odin was playing with Thanos.
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulk Smash, (nuff said)......
  • waterproof
    Options
    Worldbreaker Hulk would put an ass whooping on Clark, Worldbreaker cracks planets with just a step, destroyed the dark dimension by letting of a little steam of radiation, this man destroyed planets in a galaxy by letting loose.

MIndless Hulk would whoop Clark something silly, no banner holding him back unlimited rage and strength, he would beat the ? out of him just because he's mad that he have to beat the ? out of him
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What good is all that strength if he's not fast enough to catch Supes or dodge the eye beam?
  • waterproof
    Options
    What supes going to do run the whole time, if he speed blitz the world breaker, all I have to say is Banner and Mathematics, he will get his hands on Kal~el
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supes prolly wins by battle field removal
  • waterproof
    Options

There hasn't been appearance of the Savage Hulk that you're referring to in awhile. If the Hulk currently running around Marvel is indeed the Savage one, that can lead to an interesting storyline if handle correctly, but considering all of the events from WWH, it would be odd if Marvel went in that direction again, but then again, it is Marvel. Actually, the majority of his appearances portrays an intelligent Hulk, whether he's in full possession of his intelligence also depends on what incarnation of the Hulk appears. The basic nature of the character is that Bruce Banner is a genius scientist who has a raging monster inside who he has to control. It's not about being dumb whatsoever. Have you seen the Hulk as Grey Hulk, the Professor, WWH or even the toned down version of Hulk right after WWH? They're all pretty intelligent. You do realize there is no "regular" Hulk right? Different versions of the Hulk can just manifest from out of nowhere

A great post I'll have to add this to my Hulk Thread.

People really don't understand the nature of Hulk and Banner and the hulk full potential.

In World War Hulk it was the green scar whooping everybody ass, he was holding back The World breaker who is a cosmic force of nature til the end, and Banner knew that he was about to destroy the whole earth so he let and gave Starks an opening.

Not til the breaker of world's did we see The World Breaker unleashed. The World breaker constantly siphon energy from gamma rays, the sun and cosmic energy, Dr.strange said when Hulk goes in World Breaker mode unleashed the radiation nothing survives on the planet, Hulk destroyed a whole dimension, and killed his Rivals with a thunderclap

Now let's talk about this speed blitzing from superman.

1) Banner is top 5 out 7 of the smartest genius intellect in Marvel Universe

2) Amadeus Cho says the reason why bystanders never get killed when Hulk Rampages is that Banner is doing Geometrical Math equations, Strange said something of the likes also

3) So Banner can switch to any Countless Hulk personalities at will, so if Superman keep speed blitzing, banner can let mindless hulk take that beating because mindless will just keep getting up, and get madder while Banner is doing some mathematical calculations on the speed of light, the distance travelled, the radius, even down to the flight pattern, wind current and
    All that other math ? to time superman for that one clean shot, and when he got it, switch to World Breaker mode and unleashed that one clean max strength shot that meets that speed blitz from superman who didn't see the punch coming will end his life from the strength of the force of impact.

HULK Smash
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder though, which version of the Hulk can go toe to toe with Thanos? ....

• veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder though, which version of the Hulk can go toe to toe with Thanos? ....

None.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    In a fist fight, I'd say Worldbreaker Hulk definitely could.
  • jaxn
    Options
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    In a fist fight, I'd say Worldbreaker Hulk definitely could.

So you're going to dumb down Superman to just be a brawler so WB can win? Nice.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    going toe to toe yea I guess, but Thanos isnt a brute he beat Hulk Thor Hyperion and Captain Marvel ass hand to hand because he felt like it in Infinity