Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dog, what's a strong stance? Barking on the internet is not strong anything. So just because I don't whine and ? about it as much as you and others doesn't mean I don't think the same things. If something is racist I call it racist. On the flip side, if something is taken out of context I'll point that out too. And me and you don't even disagree on that much. About the only thing we disagree on is the severity of interracial relationships. Other than that, most of the ? you say regarding race and racism, I agree with, and say I agree with.

Case in point, I agree that the Stars on the team should comment on it. I don't agree that they should stop playing because that would serve no purpose ultimately and would only end up taking money out of their pockets. Money a lot of them invest into the community through charitable organizations.

I believe what he means, and I obviously cannot speak for him, is that some of your posts pertaining to these kind of topics come off as if you experience the world as infinitely less hostile to black people than it actually is. It just reads that way, and while I don't expect you to be up in arms throughout your posts, you give off this dangerous air of apathy when, at the minimum, you should be appalled.

You have spoke for me and thank you you have said it better than i did
  • Lord Marshal
    Lord Marshal Members Posts: 115
    Options
    How many days until he comes out publicly retracting his statements, apologizing, saying he loves black people. ? it lets put the over/under at 4 days.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Like i said i am putting my opinion in context with everything you say on the entire forum maybe it's just the way you word things. you can express yourself strongly with out emotions you seem to just choose not too.

why is what i want to know.

Maybe it is the way I word things. To me the context of a situation and the classification of it are of the same importance. So I might define what I believe happened in a situation and then say how I feel about it in basically the same "voice." Where as ya'll feel the need to emphasize how you classify a situation and in many cases ignore the context altogether.

So for ya'll, you called him a racist and felt that's all that need to be said. So when I came with an attempt to try to define what he did and why it was racist, you took it as me trying to to justify it when I really wasn't. I was just highlighting it because it was just that stupid of a thing to say in my opinion.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many days until he comes out publicly retracting his statements, apologizing, saying he loves black people. ? it lets put the over/under at 4 days.

he won't
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe what he means, and I obviously cannot speak for him, is that some of your posts pertaining to these kind of topics come off as if you experience the world as infinitely less hostile to black people than it actually is. It just reads that way, and while I don't expect you to be up in arms throughout your posts, you give off this dangerous air of apathy when, at the minimum, you should be appalled.

Yeah, I guess you're right because I'm not appalled by stuff like this. Most of the people on this site believe White people go home and use "? " as much as "the." So why go crazy because a man that is already know to be racist says some racist ? in his private life? Does that really make sense? There are racist people in the world. Going crazy every time one of them reveals himself doesn't serve any worthwhile purpose.

YOU don't have to be up in arms about racism but you could at least express deeper displeasure with it
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankie muniz lost
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember a few years back when heat assistant coach Bob McAdoo left the team and sued bc they were racists and people were saying he was just mad bc he didn't getpromoted

And what type of duper ? is she?
    She's worse than that Clive Bundy supporter.... ? are such sellouts
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to break it to yall about white people
    some are racist
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I listened to the tape 3 times in a row.

U can hear in his vocal inflections that Sterling's sentiments go back centuries in his ancestry. He honestly doesnt feel like he's a Devil. He's too rich, too powerful. He needed this reality check. If im Doc or Cp3 i'd speak out against this ? asap...every single time im asked about it publicly i'd say i already knew he was racist, ? his bigoted life and i dare him to fight back by threatening my job security, im lawyer'd up...u dont want these headlines and publicity... then id go about my biz on the court
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    All the players should take a picture with ? her and post it on the Instagram
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doc rivers, CP3, Jamal Crawford and Blake Griffin going to the Knicks to work with Phil and Melo next year.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Yeah, I guess you're right because I'm not appalled by stuff like this. Most of the people on this site believe White people go home and use "? " as much as "the." So why go crazy because a man that is already know to be racist says some racist ? in his private life? Does that really make sense? There are racist people in the world. Going crazy every time one of them reveals himself doesn't serve any worthwhile purpose.

YOU don't have to be up in arms about racism but you could at least express deeper displeasure with it

I guess I don't understand what you mean by deeper displeasure. He's a racist. He said some racist ? . Honestly, I don't care that much about it. If anything it's good. Overt racists are much easier to deal with than covert racists. So if its out there for everyone to know, even better. Now we can treat him accordingly.

This ? just doesn't mean that much. Black boys getting shot down in the streets with the killers getting away is seriously ? up and should be protested. A racist cracka behaving the way racists crackas do should be expected.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    The players definitely need to say something about this but he reaction of the Clipper fans is going to be the most interesting.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    We gotta stop letting these white people get away with sly ? b.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deandre Jordan posted a blackout on IG...
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Deandre Jordan posted a blackout on IG...
    good.

Cp3 Doc Jordan and Blake shouldnt wait to be asked about this...

they need to jump ahead of it and speak on it voluntarily
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? Snoop Lol GOAT!
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew tha realest dude on tha team was deondre jordan....if anybody was to be the first to speak on it he would be.

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour-Cream wrote: »
    We gotta stop letting these white people get away with sly ? b.

This discussion has been closed.