Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a clippers fan. This is terrible.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ how delusional a lot of you are. You can't tell another man how to live his life. They players shouldn't have to do ? . You have to know how to pick your battles, and picking a battle that can very easily leave you unemployed is stupid. Because let's be real, most to all of the sports franchise owners feel the exact same way. Stop hiding behind the players who have EVERYTHING to lose, and make a statement as fans of the game.

How about you stand for something? How about the minority FANS make a statement and refuse to attend anymore Clippers' games.

.... To me, this isn't a big deal at all because I know how white people feel about us behind closed doors. Not to mention, a portion of what he said is true. Historical there's an unwritten rule that certain people don't mess with certain people, there's just a natural conflict that flows in the air when we're around each other.

In sum, the only reason why it's a big deal is because she chose to broadcast it on some snake ? . I GUARANTEE you if we did the same to your bosses or other white people with power, we would get something worse or at least on the same level. Stop playing dumb and be real with yourself.

? I guess it must be nice for me being a union employee cause I tell my boss to kiss my ass at least twice before breakfast everyday. We stand up to our bosses all the time, and they cant do nothing. They gotta do little petty ? to get back at us like taking our vending machines away, so now we cant get snacks. I bet Richard Sherman would stand up and say something. I bet Ali would say something. Just say something dammit.

Really you can say that to your boss in Chicago, ? in Florida you can be fired for anything.

Man I just learned its actually hard as hell to fire people. A lot of people get fired easily, but that's largely because they don't know their rights. If you get fired, you can sue, and they have to prove that you deserve to be fired. And that's not always as easy as you'd think. With the federal government, they usually have to build a case over 2 to 3 years before they are ready to pull the trigger.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ how delusional a lot of you are. You can't tell another man how to live his life. They players shouldn't have to do ? . You have to know how to pick your battles, and picking a battle that can very easily leave you unemployed is stupid. Because let's be real, most to all of the sports franchise owners feel the exact same way. Stop hiding behind the players who have EVERYTHING to lose, and make a statement as fans of the game.

How about you stand for something? How about the minority FANS make a statement and refuse to attend anymore Clippers' games.

.... To me, this isn't a big deal at all because I know how white people feel about us behind closed doors. Not to mention, a portion of what he said is true. Historical there's an unwritten rule that certain people don't mess with certain people, there's just a natural conflict that flows in the air when we're around each other.

In sum, the only reason why it's a big deal is because she chose to broadcast it on some snake ? . I GUARANTEE you if we did the same to your bosses or other white people with power, we would get something worse or at least on the same level. Stop playing dumb and be real with yourself.

? I guess it must be nice for me being a union employee cause I tell my boss to kiss my ass at least twice before breakfast everyday. We stand up to our bosses all the time, and they cant do nothing. They gotta do little petty ? to get back at us like taking our vending machines away, so now we cant get snacks. I bet Richard Sherman would stand up and say something. I bet Ali would say something. Just say something dammit.

Really you can say that to your boss in Chicago, ? in Florida you can be fired for anything.

I'm exaggerating there, but yes we can have very tumultuous conversations without fear of reprisal.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    ? Donald stern, he is known bigot and racists but u trippin if u think CP3, blake griffin or Doc Rviers gonna do something, they have a good shot to win a championship this season

No they dont!

they aint gonna win it but they gonna be in the WCF
  • BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some of yall are thinkin this ? is the nfl. ? this the nba, where the players run it. cp3, blake griffin replaceable??? lol with who??? this ? said john wall LMAO. why would he leave DC to go to a clippers team without cp3 or griffin?

as long as these ? show up and play, they can make whatever statements the want. Sterling can make they life hell lol? how? by heckling from the bench??? he gon bench Doc too lol? the nba isnt the nfl, where the teams actually turn profits every year. only the lakers and the celtics i think make profits. even mark cuban said owning an nba team is like owning a expensive piece of art as opposed to a business

he needs to do the ppl of LA a favor and sell to a white person smart enough to keep they racist thoughts to themselves or they trusted circle
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    His hate is so deep rooted there's really nothing to say about it..

Doc Rivers and Chris Paul are the ones who will feel the brunt of the attention from this
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go warriors!!! tho
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue was. He said he has no problems with minorities and loves blacks, but he just doesn't want her publicly associating with . From what he's saying it sounds like she's got pics posing with Black dudes somewhere and some of his rich old white friends have called him and basically said "Hey, you better check your hoe, she's ? all those ? she's taking pictures with." So he's trying to save face.

? is confusing though. Why be with a Black/Mexican mixed chicks if you're worried about the perception that her associating with Black people will bring? There have to be plenty of young ? as white as winter snow that would let him be their sugar daddies. Racism is so ingrained in white people that even when everything in their worlds is contrary to it, they still can't get away from it.

And yet you still can't see the racism huh? SMH
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dog, what's a strong stance? Barking on the internet is not strong anything. So just because I don't whine and ? about it as much as you and others doesn't mean I don't think the same things. If something is racist I call it racist. On the flip side, if something is taken out of context I'll point that out too. And me and you don't even disagree on that much. About the only thing we disagree on is the severity of interracial relationships. Other than that, most of the ? you say regarding race and racism, I agree with, and say I agree with.

Case in point, I agree that the Stars on the team should comment on it. I don't agree that they should stop playing because that would serve no purpose ultimately and would only end up taking money out of their pockets. Money a lot of them invest into the community through charitable organizations.

This is a discussion forum i am judging you based on what you have said here and in other threads, You RARELY strongly speak out against anti-black racism it's always some weak ass half heart reply from you and i don't ? i say it as it is. raw. You called this guy racist but it's just the way you said it YOU excused him in a way

You cook your words i don't and the players can't stop playing and i never suggested that they should as i believe that might be a breach of contract. but they should say something and i am waiting to see who does.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Donald stern, he is known bigot and racists but u trippin if u think CP3, blake griffin or Doc Rviers gonna do something, they have a good shot to win a championship this season

No they dont!

they aint gonna win it but they gonna be in the WCF

They are the number 3 seed but you know and I know. They are not getting past the second round.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue was. He said he has no problems with minorities and loves blacks, but he just doesn't want her publicly associating with . From what he's saying it sounds like she's got pics posing with Black dudes somewhere and some of his rich old white friends have called him and basically said "Hey, you better check your hoe, she's ? all those ? she's taking pictures with." So he's trying to save face.

? is confusing though. Why be with a Black/Mexican mixed chicks if you're worried about the perception that her associating with Black people will bring? There have to be plenty of young ? as white as winter snow that would let him be their sugar daddies. Racism is so ingrained in white people that even when everything in their worlds is contrary to it, they still can't get away from it.

And yet you still can't see the racism huh? SMH

lol I ended that post by basically saying the dude is racist to the core, but nah I can't see the racism. For people that spend so much time using a medium where they are required to read, your reading comprehensions are very bad.

• caddo man
    edited April 2014
    Options
    LaQueefa wrote: »

So it wasnt terrible when he did/said the other racist ? . This aint new. This is just the latest.

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So it wasnt terrible when he did/said the other racist ? .

I wasnt aware ? .
  • caddo man
    edited April 2014
    Options

So it wasnt terrible when he did/said the other racist ? .

I wasnt aware ? .

Stop being stupid, then.

Name calling is childish and so IC-like.

edit: I am so ashamed.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    KingSimba wrote: »
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue was. He said he has no problems with minorities and loves blacks, but he just doesn't want her publicly associating with them. From what he's saying it sounds like she's got pics posing with Black dudes somewhere and some of his rich old white friends have called him and basically said "Hey, you better check your hoe, she's ? all those ? she's taking pictures with." So he's trying to save face.

What im tryna see is how da hell this old pasty face ? dont want her to surround herself with blacks....when she herself is black/latina......the nerve of white folk can be staggering at times.

Like I said. The thing I can think of is that he doesn't want people thinking that the ? he's paying for is out there being given to ? for free. He seems to be worried more about perception than reality. He doesn't care if she associates with blacks. He just doesn't want her publicizing it. He doesn't even care if she ? blacks. He just doesn't want anyone else knowing she's doing that.

In short, rich or poor, white people are crazy.

man who has a history of making racist statements gets caught making MORE racist comments....

"he is not racist, he is just trying to save face and appease others or involved."

Seems legitimate.....

I don't know anything about his history, so I can't speak on that. I'm just going by this conversation. And in this conversation he clearly says he doesn't care what she does. He just doesn't want her doing it in public. That's a fact. Nowhere did I say it made what he said any less racist. Him asking his half black girlfriend not to be seen in public is racist as ? . So where's the defense. Ya'll ? are just stupid and love to trying call someone out about nothing.

either you are trolling or extremely naive and In denial.

What justification cab you give for him.not wanting her to be seen in public with black people?

I'll wait.

What the ? are you talking about? Who's trying to justify anything. Whether he said "I don't like black people" or "I love black people, I just don't want you associating with them" makes no difference. It's all racist. Once again, ya'll ? are just typing to see words on the screen. Nowhere did I say what he said wasn't racist. What I said was that I could barely understand what his problem with her was, but him not wanting her to be seen publicly with black people was the one thing that popped out. And that is racist as hell.

I'm curious. What would be your so-called strategy?
  • BlackThor356
    Options
    if you follow sports you prolly been knew this ? is a racist, but as of this morning errbody know
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    This is a discussion forum i am judging you based on what you have said here and in other threads, You RARELY strongly speak out against anti-black racism it's always some weak ass half heart reply from you and i don't ? i say it as it is. raw. You called this guy racist but it's just the way you said it YOU excused him in a way

You cook your words i don't and the players can't stop playing and i never suggested that they should as i believe that might be a breach of contract. but they should say something and i am waiting to see who does.

Maybe me and you differ on what racism is.

I don't think him saying "I love black people, I just don't want you associating with them" is any less racist than saying "I don't like black people." So I'm having a hard time understanding how any of you feel that I'm excusing it any way. Both statements are racist, so me pointing out that he said the former instead of the latter isn't an excuse or a justification. The difference is that with the latter, he might just be a racist. With the former, he's a racist and an idiot, and that's the point I was making.

But seriously, if ya'll think that what I said excuses him in any way, you're not very bright.

And again, I've never excused racism. I'm just not irrational about it. I don't come in here and make stupid comments just to emphasize how against racism I am. That's stupid and meaningless. If something is racist. I say its racist. I said this was racist. Calling it weak because I basically repeated what he said himself is idiotic and just ya'll ? acting on your feelings like ? the way ya'll almost always do.

• nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    ESPN ain't said ? all day wait until Shaq Kenny and Charles go in
  • BlackThor356
    Options
    debating whether this is racist is dumb....this ? will be judged in the court of public opinion, and theres no debate as to what the public thinks
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dog, what's a strong stance? Barking on the internet is not strong anything. So just because I don't whine and ? about it as much as you and others doesn't mean I don't think the same things. If something is racist I call it racist. On the flip side, if something is taken out of context I'll point that out too. And me and you don't even disagree on that much. About the only thing we disagree on is the severity of interracial relationships. Other than that, most of the ? you say regarding race and racism, I agree with, and say I agree with.

Case in point, I agree that the Stars on the team should comment on it. I don't agree that they should stop playing because that would serve no purpose ultimately and would only end up taking money out of their pockets. Money a lot of them invest into the community through charitable organizations.

I believe what he means, and I obviously cannot speak for him, is that some of your posts pertaining to these kind of topics come off as if you experience the world as infinitely less hostile to black people than it actually is. It just reads that way, and while I don't expect you to be up in arms throughout your posts, you give off this dangerous air of apathy when, at the minimum, you should be appalled.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm curious. What would be your so-called strategy?

Strategy for what? I agree with Zombie that the Stars condemn his statements. Other than that there's nothing else to be done. There is nothing to be accomplished here. Nothing they do will stop this dude from being a racist. If they don't want to play for a racist, go somewhere else when their contract is up. But protesting for the sake of protesting is meaningless. Protesting is only meaningful if you can accomplish something.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Maybe me and you differ on what racism is.

I don't think him saying "I love black people, I just don't want you associating with them" is any less racist than saying "I don't like black people." So I'm having a hard time understanding how any of you feel that I'm excusing it any way. Both statements are racist, so me pointing out that he said the former instead of the latter isn't an excuse or a justification. The difference is that with the latter, he might just be a racist. With the former, he's a racist and an idiot, and that's the point I was making.

But seriously, if ya'll think that what I said excuses him in any way, you're not very bright.

And again, I've never excused racism. I'm just not irrational about it. I don't come in here and make stupid comments just to emphasize how against racism I am. That's stupid and meaningless. If something is racist. I say its racist. I said this was racist. Calling it weak because I basically repeated what he said himself is idiotic and just ya'll ? acting on your feelings like ? the way ya'll almost always do.

Like i said i am putting my opinion in context with everything you say on the entire forum maybe it's just the way you word things. you can express yourself strongly with out emotions you seem to just choose not too.

why is what i want to know.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I believe what he means, and I obviously cannot speak for him, is that some of your posts pertaining to these kind of topics come off as if you experience the world as infinitely less hostile to black people than it actually is. It just reads that way, and while I don't expect you to be up in arms throughout your posts, you give off this dangerous air of apathy when, at the minimum, you should be appalled.

Yeah, I guess you're right because I'm not appalled by stuff like this. Most of the people on this site believe White people go home and use "? " as much as "the." So why go crazy because a man that is already know to be racist says some racist ? in his private life? Does that really make sense? There are racist people in the world. Going crazy every time one of them reveals himself doesn't serve any worthwhile purpose.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some disgusting ? is being said in here
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    How did this guy get rich? He sounds as dumb as her ? ass. Matter fact, she was sounding far more coherent with her points.
This discussion has been closed.