Lebron or Kobe. Who has more skills?

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both great. Both have rings. Kobe reached greatness early in his career, labron reached it later in his but both reached it. Who is greater is like two billionaires debating who is wealthier. I've got 51.5 Billion and you have 51.2 Billion.

Dude get this flimsy ? outta here.
    Who said Kobe or Lebron isn't great?
    That's why we're having these discussions.
    Nobody asks, who is better 2pac or lil Cease?
    Its 2pac and biggie, mike Vs prince, magic vs isiah/bird
    We compare greatness to greatness .

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Michael Jordan was a ball hog and played ? ball so is lbj more skilled then him

They won't answer this
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

They won't answer this

I will.

Even.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

They won't answer this

I will.

Even.

What about Russ lol
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

They won't answer this

I will.

Even.

What about Russ lol

Certified chucker.

My ? though. Reminds me Kobe.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    No its not even.

Post game, jumpshot,handle, man to man defense, explosiveness sans conditions, scoring ability, arsenal, clutch factor overall athleticism,fluidity

Wait a minute thats the same as..
  • blu197
    Options

They won't answer this

I will.

Even.

Lmaooo
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They won't answer this

I will.

Even.

You got to be trollin. . Got to be
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Y'all confusing skills with accomplishments.

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Skills:
    I already defined skills but let’s do it again:
    Main skills:
    Ball handling, spinning, lateral movement, euro two step, tear drop, shooting, passing, jumping, how quick you are (not how fast), how fast you are, strength, stopping on a dime,accuracy, use of both hands and equal shot distribution, foot work (mainly seen in perimeter defending and offensive pivot’s or cross steps like Rondo, Parker, Harden), ability to contort one’s body in ways that help to get a shot or pass of when on the ground or air, execution of a variety of offensive moves in a one-on-one situation
    Other skills, equally important:
    Using your skills with a finesse and not with an awkward looking roughness (Lebron),
    reading player’s position on defense playing against you to know how to counter it, the variety of moves one is capable of doing to execute his offense or defense to convert it into points or a turnover, set picks correctly, use picks effectively, play transition defense and not get lost on the player you have been switched to, having an IQ or ability to read and predict various situations (blocking shots,steals, playmaking, and other stuff) and manipulate them single-handedly or by informing teammates on what to do and watching it play out --due only to how you interpret the situation to predict the outcome of your strategy being put into action (this excludes a players instinct to just react to a situation, but only includes the player logically reading and being able to communicate what he sees and how the opposing team will respond to his trap based on prethought)

And to the guy that said I meant intangibles, no, I meant what I said “untouchables.” I was saying areas where Kobe undoubtedly surpasses Lebron in and where he is untouchable, unfu<#wittable in those areas.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Both great. Both have rings. Kobe reached greatness early in his career, labron reached it later in his but both reached it. Who is greater is like two billionaires debating who is wealthier. I've got 51.5 Billion and you have 51.2 Billion.

Dude get this flimsy ? outta here.
    Who said Kobe or Lebron isn't great?
    That's why we're having these discussions.
    Nobody asks, who is better 2pac or lil Cease?
    Its 2pac and biggie, mike Vs prince, magic vs isiah/bird
    We compare greatness to greatness .

I guess if you like arguing to a point of no resolution, go ahead.

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Kobe has a more skilled and expansive offensive repertoire. Bron has superior court vision and passing abilities.
  • luke1733
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Since y'all ain't gonna read my longwinded sh!< let me say first things first: Lebron’s great is without saying. Yes he has skills. Now the critique.
    When Lebron as an individual scorer wants to score and not pass he only does this.
    He faces you face to face and runs in a straight line to the basket. If you cut him off, he'll dribble while walking back in a straight line again for about six feet and then again run a straight line to the basket. I can trace 90 % of his games with a straight line.
    How is that entertaining or skillful? That's all he does when it comes to one-on-one when he attacks the basket (again “when he is one-on-one moving at a fast pace toward the basket).This means he does not pivot, fake, shake, euro-step, cross-over, spin, insert about 20 other moves other players do and he rarely does, and when he does it’s with no finesse.
    Now that I've made the crowd mad, I know he does a bit more than that....but basically that's really what he does. He will also pull straight up for a jump shot or sometimes fade away with a jump shot. To get open for a shot he just pushes you out the way or fronts you with his body to get the ball. Other people use their dribble, picks, head fakes, run forward and then quickly jump backward.
    He's just now in the last 2 years putting his back to players, but he will not consistently use his pivot foot or pump fakes. His offensive moves are severely limited. He's capable of doing whatever he wants, but he does the same move over and over. I got sick of Kobe's head fakes the same way.
  • luke1733
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I gotta start pulling cards man. Don't nobody wanna read my long winded pages and I apologize for writing so much, but I gotta speak on it. Some of y'all don't know what you talking about. Start listing ages, because I refuse to believe the majority of y’all who seen Kobe’s whole career are dumb enough to think Lebron has more one-on-one skills thank Kobe. I’ll give the overall team aspect of skills a closer range but I still give Kobe the edge on the entirety of skills over Lebron. Plainly, y’all just couldn’t have really seen Kobe, cause y’all are better and too smart to insult your own intelligence saying Lebron has more skills. I don't like to pull ages on folk cause most of the time it don't matter your age but your experiences, but apparently there's an age gap going.
    Now, since I'm bored at work on a Friday and feeling good let me get back to regurgitating this convo to what the man also does
    I don't make points. I prove em. Evidence is in the clips I use to validate or at the very least show people aspects of what IQ and skills are later in the part that talks about IQ.
  • blu197
    Options
    Anytime lebron tries to use footwork or eurostep he travels out the ass nearly everytime but to yall ? that's the "crab dribble" but yet he has more skill than Kobe lol
  • luke1733
    Options
    Hate On Kobe
    I ain't never wanna up this dude this much so let me hate on him real quick to balance out me wasting my time writing so much on the kid in his favor. He's weak and a snitch for doing Shaq like he did. He won't sit with his teammates at team lunchings and has bodyguards at his table and bad mouths them. That's tendencies of a snooty bi+<!. He won't and doesn't really ever side with any black issues unless other players have already spoken on it and it is socially acceptable and approved by his PR team. He ain’t passing you the ball unless he believes you can hit a shot or do the right thing with the ball. No matter how hard he tries, he ain’t Jordan.
    Main reason most people hate Kobe: What he said about Shaq, he came too quick after Jordan and at that time Jordan's legacy was untouchable and it was blasphemy to even dare say someone is cold as Jordan and unfortunately dude actually was close (that's the biggest reason Kobe was hated on), he acted like a Jordan wanna-be, the media at that time learned the lesson after Jordan and Kobe that before one superstar fades they should introduce another superstar as the best new thing to the public (Lebron Durant). They had to learn this lesson due to the problem they had selling Kobe to the public when the public had no idea who he was and for all the lost viewership for 10 years for people who refused to watch the NBA after Jordan due to the fact the media didn't sell them ANYONE else and whites weren't gonna accept IVERSON. Other reasons on Kobe hate was: he wouldn't pass the ball to teammates who couldn't shoot, Shaq and he had a beef and Shaq was an extrovert and Kobe an introvert, he would not play up to the cameras and media the way they wanted him to, ? trial, he won too many championships after people kept saying "he wasn't really all that good." He kept winning for a long time and that creates enemies, he's cocky, he calls people out for not putting in their best effort, he could have kept Shaq on the Lakers but chose not to say ? , he's still better than Lebron skill wise and Lebron fans refuse to admit it cause they too young to remember; which is cool cause it's Lebron's time. The media
  • luke1733
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Things Lebron won’t do:
    He won't take one stop, pivot, pump fake, then use the free foot to step in closer to the basket (Kobe, Duncan, Olajuwon, Parker, Carmelo). He rarely ever goes to his left hand.
    He does not throw the ball to a place on the court where the player has to run to it to catch it and then find out due to the pass he is now open for a shot. This is what Jason Kidd and Rondo and Chris Paul are best at. Anyone can pass to an open player. That's simple. Can you pass the ball to a place where you're making that player go in order for him to find out that that is where he should take the shot? (Alley-oops are not included).
    (Positives about Lebron) He is great at dunking, endurance, using his strength, speed, shoulders and power. He is a great rebounder and intimidating defender due to his ability to read player cuts on offense or defense and knows when a player is open for a good shot or when to step in for a steal. He’s great for team chemistry. His shooting percentage is ridiculous and his shot selection is impeccable. The force he uses to attack the basket and endurance to consistently be aggressive defensively and offensively is stellar and second to none.There is not a better Small Forward Power Forward in the history of the game. He has great hands, he does not throw the ball away, he can dominate a game with or without the ball, his jumpshot is good since 2011, he is bigger than most of the kids on the playground.

I wish he would do this stuff so he could look smooth and do moves you can actually use if you're someone not 6"8 and 270 lbs. Which that's basically my BIGGEST definition of transferrable skills. Others can do what you do, regardless of size because those skills are transferrable. I'll spend a lot of times on skills and IQ later. Basketball players will learn a lesson, regardless of if you like my opinion.
  • luke1733
    Options
    For those who say Kobe can't coach. WTF? You’re just stupid if you believe that. If you still wanna believe after the proof I show then like Cee-Lo said I'll put the barrel to your baby momma belly and squeeze off two So the world won't have to deal with another f*<# n!&&@ like you.
    For real though, it ain’t as serious as that lyric, but Do you really watch the NBA and for how many years? You can't watch and not see him coaching during the game unless you're blind. He literally coaches players while they're playing. Have you seen him in the huddle with the board in his hand and the coaches off to the side (Chris Paul does this too)???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufLcjeOMVG0
    (Kobe seen coaching)
    On another note: NBA Players call Kobe and ask him for help from his knowledge the same way Kobe admits to calling Jordan and having conversations about ways to improve his game. Time and time again I've heard Lebron and Durant and Carmelo talk about them calling Kobe and asking him about the game.
    Ain't nobody calling Lebron cause you can't teach what he does because it is not a skill that you can practice the way he plays. Kobe learning new skills from Olajuwon. I used to play basketball so I watched these guys to learn and can see who has more skills that are effective and can be learned. What Lebron does (outside of passing) you can't really teach, you have to be born that size to do that stuff. Kobe's moves are effective if you're 5'5 or 6'9, thus skills/trades you can pick up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1oFc5TOuo0
    (Kobe learning moves from Olajuwon)
    Kobe analyzes Lebron:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlAdvAhaIEw

I saw Kobe's game since he was a rookie and LBJ and Carmelo and Jason Kidd. I went to the games and heard those guys from where I sat. Where I work gives me free tickets and I get to go the games and my Dad used to take me when I was 16 playing ball in high school.

Watch him analyze the game so you can see how Kobe is reading the game: If you can't respect the knowledge then WHAT?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjeiMBPMaE
    (kobe on inside the NBA analyzing the game to Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R1dfL4ZvA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIgmXTaLeBM&amp;list=PLm9zP-N96IWmBnvk2XsmGwsrmRX59GfiJ
    (start watching at 7:35 thru 9:55 This is Kobe literally coaching on the floor during a game)
  • luke1733
    Options
    Future Ballers get your pen and paper, Cuz, they don’t teach this on tv or high school. The game is to be sold and not told. But here’s game from a player/PG.
    The topic is IQ
    :
    Conversation and thread started on skills and IQ was a part of skills so I'll deal with that intricately.
    IQ to me means knowledge. I'll extend the definition for sports to knowledge of the game and ability to execute and practice your knowledge in some sort of a way that can prove your knowledge is superior (even outside of your physical abilities) in its theory to opponents of your theory.
    (kobe explains what basketball IQ means)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R1dfL4ZvA
    What does basketball IQ mean to me? Rondo, Lebron, Kidd, Wade, Nash, Duncan, Kobe,Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups,Jeff Van Gundy, Kenny Smith, Dennis Rodman, Damian Lillard, Joakim Noah, Paul Pierce, I can keep naming although most nba players and analysts don't have a good basketball IQ.
    Can you see what another team is doing to another team and why it is effective? Can you sense a momentum shift and know when a losing team at one point of the game is actually going to win due to its strategy? Church! Let's go. Can one player coach on the floor and know when to get off his man and double up on another guy on defense or to Pushing players into position and guiding them vocally where they need to be and how to stick to the defense during gameplay. Improve other players around him by telling Shaq to lose weight and actually play in the regular season in order to improve the Laker's chance of winning. Get coaches whose strategies aren't working off the team. In Lebron's favor, leave a team whose ownership won't give you a surrounding cast good enough to win a championship.

Knowing a player tendencies and being able to force that person out of his game not due to your physical size cutting his lanes off but due to strategically not allowing him to use his effective moves. Also on the other offensive end knowing is basketball IQ (this guy likes to go left but can't go as strong to his right (Ginobili and Prince), this player can only shoot a running jump shot (Westbrook) and has no set shot, this player is only effective coming off of a pick (John Stockton)and having a counter move for it, this player has no jumpshot outside of the 15 foot range (Tony Parker), this player can't dribble (Joahkim Noah), this guy has bad hands (Roy Hibbert, Dwight Howard, Kwame Brown), knowing how to get certain players in foul trouble who play too physical and close to the ball on defense (David West, Charles Oakley, Dwight Howard). That is part of the IQ.
    The other part is seeing what moves a player makes on the court. How are his feet turned when he is on defense? Where is the double team coming from? Can I split it? Should I pass it when the open man I'm going to pass it to is a low percentage shooter and the pass might be risky? When do I put my back to a player? Is he skinnier than you, weighs less than you, or often jumps at the first pump fake then yes put your back to him. Is he shorter and knows how to use his low center of gravity, is he stronger than you, does he get offensive foul calls from the ref? No, don't back him down.
    This is IQ.
    Knowing what plays the other team calls and telling your teammates what they are running and knowing how to interrupt the play is IQ.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlsldxEQD2o
    (on Inside the NBA kobe teaches)
  • luke1733
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Y'all can skip this post, but read the one below it, unless you wanna really know the history of the two players that folks don't never discuss as to the reasons people are trained to like one and hate the other.

History Lesson on the Kids Lebron and Kobe.
    Kobe brought Smiegel back to the NBA with his hunger for the Ring back when Iverson had brought in the attitude of play that stated get yours and forget the team. Kobe was selfish but his discipline and studying of the game and knowledge of it's history and what other players did strategically (this is the key word) to win games is what separated his selfishness to the players in the NBA after Kobe returning to respecting the game itself.
    This meant going to every practice and consulting other retired vets on how to get better.
    D-Wade has or had 5x more skills than Lebron. Who you think is calling who for advice? It’s Lebron’s team but D-Wade is the mastermind.

For those who don't know the real history on Kobe and Lebron's beginning: when Kobe got to LA nobody liked him except Eddie Jones (who was quickly shipped out of LA after Kobe's arrival).They would not pass him the ball, players went to the coach and told the coach not to play Kobe. Read that former line again. Nick Van Exel was ? at Kobe. Kobe came off the bench not because of his lack of skill but due to the team and coach not wanting him to play.
    It was only due to Laker fans demanding Kobe play (much as they did Smush) that Kobe got playing time. Even when he was coming off the bench he was killing in scoring. This is his entrance to the NBA and carried on for 5 years. Nobody liked the kid on his team because he was taking a veteran team and outshining veterans who knew and hoped they would get a ring with Shaq but due to Kobe shining were going to be traded if Kobe kept getting the attention and minutes and points. Multiple situations happened of Kobe getting slapped, punked, whole team except Kobe given watches, Magic Johnson downing him, the media ? him for playing like a Jordan wannabe. Then Phil came along and declared it Shaq's team and wrote books downing Kobe. The only way Kobe was scoring in the beginning of his career was from getting rebounds and running down the court and not passing and shooting because he knew wasn't nobody on his own team gonna give him the ball.

Lebron
    Lebron came to Cleveland and would pass too much according to Kenny Smith, Barkley and ownership. It was all in the papers for the first 2 years of LBJ career. They literally had front pages on the newspaper begging Lebron to shoot. Ownership took Lebron aside and demanded he take a more aggressive role in the offense and shoot the ball at the end of games. They told the Cavaliers he was the leader and to listen to him.
    The way you enter the NBA and how ownership and your team treats you treats you determines a lot of how players respond. This case between Lebron vs Kobe it was best seen as: winning vets on the Lakers in a popular ego driven city versus losing scrubs in a city full of factories and nothing. I've stayed away from the media proclaiming a high school kid in his rookie year The King and the best to ever play the game before his rookie season was even over. The media push behind him was bigger than the hate he received for leaving Cleveland.
  • luke1733
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The End: Drop the mic as y’all boo me as I walk out with those Prince buttless yellow pants from the award show.
    (Look it up if you don't believe the quotes)
    Lebron said Kobe was the best (in return Kobe also said Lebron was the best playing, but he himself was hurt during the time)
    Jordan said the only player comparable to him was Kobe.
    Among the best of the best to play with Kobe in All-Star games, Kobe has the best statistics.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/allstar/2013/02/16/kobe-bryant-greatest-player-all-star-game/1925237/
    D-Wade said Kobe was the best player of his generation and he plays with Lebron.
    Shaq said Kobe was the greatest Laker ever and he played with both.
    Kevin Durant said Kobe was without a doubt the greatest player ever and that Jordan was #1 and Kobe#1A
    Dirk Nowtizki says Kobe is the best NBA player he ever played against
    Reggie Miller says Kobe is the best player after Jordan for this generation
    Magic Johnson said Kobe was the best Laker, but I get it people who dabble on their computers know more than some of the actual players who played against Kobe and some of the greatest NBA players ever.
    All Lebron fans hate Kobe and probably vice versa. A lot of people have been waiting for Kobe's career of winning to end.
    nba players not on record during a poll and said between mj, kobe and lebron who would you want shooting the last shot.After Jordan was Kobe...........(nothing else really needs to be said) I get it, y'all dabblers on the computer know more than the players. Cool. Don't forget that I said if I had to pick a player on my team to build around it would be Lebron. I'm just saying Kobe has more skills and if you wanna learn how to play basketball and get all the skills that there are to learn then learn and study Kobe. Time to get off it. I'm out

http://www.wat.tv/video/prince-gett-off-mtv-video-4y3mf_2hztv_.html
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Ehh I refuse to debate.
    Seem like people all have their idea of what skill is.

Lebron being physically opposing isn't a skill.

His consistency is what makes him great though. The fact that he will give you damn near 30 6 and 6 every night on 50%+ is astounding.
    This

He's the only dude who can put up a 30 pt triple double and nobody notices. ? comes effortlessly to him.

Maybe today, but there a couple of people in the NBA who existed (Barkley and Oscar) who did it also. Stop acting like Lebron is doing stuff never done. He ain't. He's great. He's doing stuff rarely ever done, but not never done
    What are you talking about? My post wasnt even that deep. Calm your ass down.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Remember that reverse pivot move Kobe was killin ? wit I remember bron tryin it 1 game and it didn't look nearly as smooth
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    surprisingly i cant find a clip of bron doing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMJU8_N-1OY
  • blu197
    Options
    This thread is like asking 'Who has more skill? Duncan or Shaq'
This discussion has been closed.