Lebron or Kobe. Who has more skills?

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c/s, he could send all 5 on the court to guard kobe, cuz kobe not passing up the shot no matter how ridiculous it may be to try it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    False.keep on with the narrative though youll get cosigns
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    I'll tell you one thing though....Kobe would never get locked down by Boris Diaw in the Finals and Greg Popovich would never tell his players to give Kobe 20 feet of space to shoot.

You talking bout the series where LBJ was finals MVP? Lmao.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    James scored 37 points, including five 3-pointers, and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Miami to a 95–88 victory in Game 7.

Greatness.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I'll tell you one thing though....Kobe would never get locked down by Boris Diaw in the Finals and Greg Popovich would never tell his players to give Kobe 20 feet of space to shoot.

Tough talk Bron Stan...

You probably turned off the game when the Spurs were about to win.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNE7xqabfvw
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Tough talk Bron Stan...

You probably turned off the game when the Spurs were about to win.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNE7xqabfvw

Bron Stan? Not even close

Pelicans fan here bruh.

My fav player in the league is AD and Russell Westbrook.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody gon ? with Luke's post, tho?

He crushed the buildings with that ? .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He locked himself down against Phoenix or how about game 7 against the Celtics?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Nobody gon ? with Luke's post, tho?

He crushed the buildings with that ? .

Really?

Dude basically was saying Kobe has no flaws in game with all that ? .

Nobody gon debate about Kobe all around offensive game because it's the best. But basket ain't all about scoring.

And thats why LBJ got so many MVPs and was top 2 for two years he didn't win.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe is a better shooter & scorer.
    Bron is better at everything else.

I was saying Bron wasn't all that, but then he got his 1st ring.
    I choose Bron & I'm not a stan of his but he got my dude Wade 2 mo rangs. I always thought Wade was better, but his durability cost him.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Kobe is a better shooter & scorer.
    Bron is better at everything else.

I was saying Bron wasn't all that, but then he got his 1st ring.
    I choose Bron & I'm not a stan of his but he got my dude Wade 2 mo rangs. I always thought Wade was better, but his durability cost him.

[img]http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/will-smith-the-? .gif[/img]
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the real it can be debated that we've never seen Wade reach his full potential.. ? say his peak was 06 (his 3rd season) and that his "prime" ended in '11 when he wasn't even 10 years in the league yet...
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Of course it sounds crazy. We been watching Bron since high school. Wade had that clutch factor when Bron was a lil ? tho.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    I agree Wade never reached his full potential. Dude get hurt too much but it be his fault sometime cause he was playing dumb hard before Bron.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    @Shizlansky Just to be clear, I was that ? in 2003 telling ? about Wade when the whole world was talking about LeBron & Carmelo. I sounded crazy until 2006.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    On the real it can be debated that we've never seen Wade reach his full potential.. ? say his peak was 06 (his 3rd season) and that his "prime" ended in '11 when he wasn't even 10 years in the league yet...

They'd be wrong. His '09 season was his best.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought Wade was better, but his durability cost him.

Wade was better than LeBron at one point. However, he gave up that title when he purposely deferred to him the season after LeBron caught stage fright against Dallas.

Props to Wade for seeing the bigger picture, and understanding that in order for them (the Heat) to win comfortably, he had to take more of a support role than a leadership role (on the court). It takes very good observation to know when to lead, and when to 'follow', and Wade recognizing that makes him that much more valuable as a teammate.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    If u think Kobe is more skilled than Lebron, well then ? so is Melo then. Durant, too. smh

When i think of the personification of a skilled player, i think of 1 person: Scottie Pippen. And he was not an elite scorer. But he did lead his team in pts, rbnds, assts, blcks, and steals in the year w/ out Mike.

He could guard perimeter and the post, could also score on perimter and post. Perfect form on the J, how he used to cut the corner and go glass. Grab the board then run the offense,. I mean cmon. Even his movements were robotic. Thats what i think of when i hear skill. Not just scoring. And Lebron is closer to that than Kobe

No. Kobe played team defense and man to man defense at an all defense level for the vast majority of his career. Kobe shut down elite scorers intermittently. Kobe was also a much better playmaker than Melo and Durant (he's also better at this than LeBron contrary to popular belief). To compare any of them to Kobe when it comes to skills doesn't make much sense.

Scottie was not even the most skilled person on his team, Jordan was way more skilled. Learn the difference between playing style and actual skills. The fact that we're comparing a Point Forward in LeBron to a supreme playmaker in Kobe statistically (in a thread about skills nonetheless SMH) already doesn't make sense.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    My lawd, some hilariously dumb ? is being said right now lmfao
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People have selective memory. LeBron has stayed consistent through his career and lived up to hype no doubt, but the same people frontin on Kobe now were saying he had transcended the game of basketball when he hit 81...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i dont necessarily agree that lebron and wade were ever equals, but i can understand and respect that tho, imo wade was never better than lebron tho.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade was seen as an equal to Bron from 2006-2009....I know I personally considered Kobe, Bron and Wade all on the same "level".
This discussion has been closed.