Lebron or Kobe. Who has more skills?

Options

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    The End: Drop the mic as y’all boo me as I walk out with those Prince buttless yellow pants from the award show.
    (Look it up if you don't believe the quotes)
    Lebron said Kobe was the best (in return Kobe also said Lebron was the best playing, but he himself was hurt during the time)
    Jordan said the only player comparable to him was Kobe.
    Among the best of the best to play with Kobe in All-Star games, Kobe has the best statistics.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/allstar/2013/02/16/kobe-bryant-greatest-player-all-star-game/1925237/
    D-Wade said Kobe was the best player of his generation and he plays with Lebron.
    Shaq said Kobe was the greatest Laker ever and he played with both.
    Kevin Durant said Kobe was without a doubt the greatest player ever and that Jordan was #1 and Kobe#1A
    Dirk Nowtizki says Kobe is the best NBA player he ever played against
    Reggie Miller says Kobe is the best player after Jordan for this generation
    Magic Johnson said Kobe was the best Laker, but I get it people who dabble on their computers know more than some of the actual players who played against Kobe and some of the greatest NBA players ever.
    All Lebron fans hate Kobe and probably vice versa. A lot of people have been waiting for Kobe's career of winning to end.
    nba players not on record during a poll and said between mj, kobe and lebron who would you want shooting the last shot.After Jordan was Kobe...........(nothing else really needs to be said) I get it, y'all dabblers on the computer know more than the players. Cool. Don't forget that I said if I had to pick a player on my team to build around it would be Lebron. I'm just saying Kobe has more skills and if you wanna learn how to play basketball and get all the skills that there are to learn then learn and study Kobe. Time to get off it. I'm out

http://www.wat.tv/video/prince-gett-off-mtv-video-4y3mf_2hztv_.html

This post is the equivalent to the gas chamber for Lebron fanatics
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe has more 1 on 1 moves.

But he don't have the bulk, athleticism or basketball IQ Lebron has and could never play team ball as well. Kobe could win w/ others but could only do it by shooting 30 times. Lebron can dominate shooting 30 times or 5 times.

Kobe more individual skill, Lebron the better player.

End thread.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Wade was seen as an equal to Bron from 2006-2009....I know I personally considered Kobe, Bron and Wade all on the same "level".

to the lay fan they were...to a lot of yall nggas on here they were. (oh oh oh, he comin to Wade's team")

I for one was adamant it was never even close. Before they played 1 game together.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then explain Wade's finals MVP before LeBron got his first regular MVP. Explain Wade stepping up big time in the Dallas series, while LeBron shriveled up in the limelight.

It was definitely comparable, and depending on what you consider most important, Wade could have been seen as better. Wade fought to the end and would welcome big moments. LeBron would fill the stat sheet and turn into a completely different player damn near every 4th quarter.

The only reason why they're not seen as equals is because LeBron sucks as the 1B or the 2nd option, and Wade can still perform well in those same positions. If Wade's game was boxed in like LeBron's or he was too cocky to take a back seat, the Heat wouldn't have won 2 championships and would still be in struggle mode.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe has more 1 on 1 moves.

But he don't have the bulk, athleticism or basketball IQ Lebron has and could never play team ball as well. Kobe could win w/ others but could only do it by shooting 30 times. Lebron can dominate shooting 30 times or 5 times.

Kobe more individual skill, Lebron the better player.

End thread.

Lol at basketball IQ...Kobe is regarded as the smartest player in the league by almost everybody. Word to the triangle, how he plays the angles, and his legendary film sessions dissecting opponents.

Jackie Mcmullan once said she saw Kobe yell at a teammate who was guarding Garnett because he played him to the wrong side consistently and Kobe threw out some "he only goes that way and is effective 17% of the time."

Lol at bron's iq being some elevated thing cuz espn said so...he ran a mike brown offense and a basically copied d'antoni offense with spoelstra, spread the floor 4 is a shooter and high pick and rolls...it took son 6 games to figure out the spurs weren't guarding him in the finals last year.....
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe has more skills imo, Lebron is more talented/gifted.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're both skilled equally if I had to choose I'd say kobe they both can do a few things better than the other.Don't know why people argue this it just becomes a clash of the groupie titans

I expect kobe to be like Jordan on the wizards these last 2 years.Put up 20-22 ppg,drop a few 40 point games,a 50 point game,lots of post ups and under the basket moves when you lose your athleticism your basketball skills is what you rely on.Duncan been doin it for years this remains to be seen with lebron cuz he still in his prime.
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe got way more game than lebron.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade and bron have never been equal.....maybe a lil bit in scoring but from 2003....bron has been an all around player getting 29 points 7-8 assists.....wade was probably @ 4 assists
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "lebron wasn't clutch/was scared in the 4th" thing is vastly overrated, and how the hell ? kno if lebron sucks as the 1b or 2 option when he's always been the best player on the team, yes d-wade taking a bit of a back seat helped the heat but guess why he did, part of why is cuz he knows lebron is the 1-a of the entire damn league, their struggles in the beginning was cuz they both had similar all around games n needed the ball, wade being older n more injury prone just made more adjustments, none of their games were "boxed" in, I'm sure lebron could b a valuable 1b when he starts to decline, ? just be typing n don't wen know what they typing about
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Options
    The "lebron wasn't clutch/was scared in the 4th" thing is vastly overrated, and how the hell ? kno if lebron sucks as the 1b or 2 option when he's always been the best player on the team, yes d-wade taking a bit of a back seat helped the heat but guess why he did, part of why is cuz he knows lebron is the 1-a of the entire damn league, their struggles in the beginning was cuz they both had similar all around games n needed the ball, wade being older n more injury prone just made more adjustments, none of their games were "boxed" in, I'm sure lebron could b a valuable 1b when he starts to decline, ? just be typing n don't wen know what they typing about

He hasnt been a second option in the offense on team usa?

He was like the fourth option after Kobe,melo, durant
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He hasnt been a second option in the offense on team usa?

my bad, I thought it was obvious we were talking NBA games, doesn't seem like he "sucked" in the olympics tho
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw a special on ESPN ten minutes ago dedicated to Lebron's IQ. Hmph. I wonder which one of y'all on here works for ESPN and gave em' the story. Go head reveal yo self? Players said he knows player tendencies, pacers coach said having Lebron is like having Peyton Manning on your team. Seemed like something more concocted by a sportswriter/fan than genuine, but I won't hate much more. Dude is great and plays too great to critique this much. Still stand by all my points, but I guess the rest is left up to whoever. It's his time; but just like folk shouldn't legitimately compare Durant to James, although they will; they also shouldn't be comparing James to people he hasn't usurped yet either.
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe's more skilled..Lebron's more talented and has A more unique game..
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Options
    Lotta 2000 babies in here lmao, what about Lebron is "skilled"??

Charging the lane?
    Playing hard?
    Cramping?
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta 2000 babies in here lmao, what about Lebron is "skilled"??

Charging the lane?
    Playing hard?
    Cramping?

You don't average 27 7 and 7 over a decade and not have "skills"..There's 1 thing worse than A 2000's baby..and that's A ignorant old ? ..don't be that guy
  • Sir Lurkalot
    Sir Lurkalot Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kobe>

post up game & jumpshot gives kobe edge
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Kobe has way more skill, heart, aggressiveness & competitiveness than Lebron IMO.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the ? said that wade wasnt equal to lebron back in the day........? must
    got selective memories.......... whem lebron was on cavs I remember wade on the heat
    and melo on the nuggets giving that ? hell.......

Saying wade was never on lebron level at one point is like saying tmac at one point
    wasnt on kobe neck....... real basketball heads would remember.......

Back then ? was clos3 but now obviously lebron surpassed wade just like kobe
    surpasse tmac allen iverson vince carter

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KB8 was a ? problem
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe better shooter
    Kobe better defender
    Kobe better ball handler
    Kobe better free shooter

LeBron better finisher
    LeBron better efficiency
    LeBron better rebounder
    LeBron better passer

take your pick between these two depending on the day they flip flop on my list. If Bron loses tonight, I may have to put Kobe back ahead of Bron for good
This discussion has been closed.