MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of fuckery in sports
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    Atlanta Hawks general manager Danny Ferry has taken a leave of absence in the wake of racial comments made in a conference call with team owners in regards to veteran forward Luol Deng.

"This afternoon, Danny Ferry requested, and I have approved, taking an indefinite leave of absence, effective immediately," Hawks CEO Steve Koonin said in a statement Friday.

Koonin has resisted calls that Ferry be fired but says "it is my hope that this time away from the Hawks organization allows him the privacy he needs to listen to the community, to learn about his mistakes, and to begin the long process of personal healing."

Head coach Mike Budenholzer will assume oversight of the basketball operations department during Ferry's absence.

The GM made inflammatory comments about Deng in a conference call with Hawks owners on June 6, as the team was deciding whether to pursue the free agent. Ferry described Deng as someone who "has a little African in him" and could be disruptive in the locker room.

Audio of the call, which was obtained by ESPN's Darren Rovell and other media outlets, is part of the controversy currently surrounding the team. The call led co-owner Michael Gearon to send a letter to controlling partner Bruce Levenson asking him to fire Ferry or make him resign.

"While the issues related to race are deeply troubling, at the heart of this dispute is an unfortunate disagreement amongst owners," Koonin continued in the statement. "That said, we have taken several steps to address what we can do as an organization to be better and stronger."

Why doesnt ATL CEO fire him? Nba is run like a plantation....black players are slaves making millions

You post the dumbest ? , how does playing something they love and getting paid well for it make you think of slavery
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Atlanta Hawks general manager Danny Ferry has taken a leave of absence in the wake of racial comments made in a conference call with team owners in regards to veteran forward Luol Deng.

"This afternoon, Danny Ferry requested, and I have approved, taking an indefinite leave of absence, effective immediately," Hawks CEO Steve Koonin said in a statement Friday.

Koonin has resisted calls that Ferry be fired but says "it is my hope that this time away from the Hawks organization allows him the privacy he needs to listen to the community, to learn about his mistakes, and to begin the long process of personal healing."

Head coach Mike Budenholzer will assume oversight of the basketball operations department during Ferry's absence.

The GM made inflammatory comments about Deng in a conference call with Hawks owners on June 6, as the team was deciding whether to pursue the free agent. Ferry described Deng as someone who "has a little African in him" and could be disruptive in the locker room.

Audio of the call, which was obtained by ESPN's Darren Rovell and other media outlets, is part of the controversy currently surrounding the team. The call led co-owner Michael Gearon to send a letter to controlling partner Bruce Levenson asking him to fire Ferry or make him resign.

"While the issues related to race are deeply troubling, at the heart of this dispute is an unfortunate disagreement amongst owners," Koonin continued in the statement. "That said, we have taken several steps to address what we can do as an organization to be better and stronger."

Why doesnt ATL CEO fire him? Nba is run like a plantation....black players are slaves making millions

You post the dumbest ? , how does playing something they love and getting paid well for it make you think of slavery

The white owners.....most of them aint ? ...... most of them have that donald sterling viewpoints regarding blacks
    cuban...ferry..sterling.....theres more of them......
  • zerocool
    Options
    Serbia and france......4 point game...... serbia lead by 18
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fournier with a big 3. This is a great game.
  • zerocool
    Options
    Fournier with a big 3. This is a great game.

Batum...., damn
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batum and Diaw balling. I like Rudy Gobert too. He's gonna be a good player in the league
  • zerocool
    Options
    Batum has 30 points........ serbia has an answer for every france comeback
  • zerocool
    Options
    2 point game ....17 secs left
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This euro at the gig wanted to bet 250 bucks serbia would make it to the championship I'm glad I passed on that
  • zerocool
    Options
    What a great game.....wasnt expecting that this afternoon
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    Peezy out the cut wit the feelings lmaoooo ? be dry I get ? poppin & u mad! Real life or the Internet wherever im at ? gets active, why u mad? ? can't son me bruh get out ya feelings little guy it'll be alright.

Just remember I can never take you serious dog you GRIP Money fohhhhh

Yall can be boring ass politically correct ass "ima hit positive reactions on the homies posts and feelings my enemies" ass ? all you want, but that ain't how i move. No Internet cliques, no bffs ? all that I'm in these IC streets dolo breh any ? can get it.

We gon talk sports now or you wanna have another outburst of feelings? Go to your room b

Look at this lame ass ? , talk bout he get ? poppin but crying bout reactions, main one saying "we gon talk sports now??" ? we was til yo lame thabo selfalosha looking and posting ass came with them weak ass jone attempts, n u keep bringing up grip money like I should be ashamed, ? ? u gon ? up n b known more for how I diss u then ur actual songs like that other guy lol, ? I'm worried bout a lame ass punching bag who bringing up reactions every other post and talk about "ic streets" taking me serious for
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What in the blue ? has been going on in this thread???
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batum has 30 points........ serbia has an answer for every france comeback

Batum got Average Joe syndrome.

I swear he got all the tools he just seem content with being ok.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diana Tourassi just crushed the whole WNBA with that last shot. That ? was for the money.

Brittany Griner bout to snatch up ring as a rookie. Nice.

Shouts out to Delle Donne.

This ? looks like the 1993 Finals in reverse.
  • zerocool
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Diana Tourassi just crushed the whole WNBA with that last shot. That ? was for the money.

Brittany Griner bout to snatch up ring as a rookie. Nice.

Shouts out to Delle Donne.

This ? looks like the 1993 Finals in reverse.

My ? briitney griner...... wnba champ
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »

Damn. The suit actually looks nice.

He got on some extra baggy Jordache jeans uoeno.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    Peezy out the cut wit the feelings lmaoooo ? be dry I get ? poppin & u mad! Real life or the Internet wherever im at ? gets active, why u mad? ? can't son me bruh get out ya feelings little guy it'll be alright.

Just remember I can never take you serious dog you GRIP Money fohhhhh

Yall can be boring ass politically correct ass "ima hit positive reactions on the homies posts and feelings my enemies" ass ? all you want, but that ain't how i move. No Internet cliques, no bffs ? all that I'm in these IC streets dolo breh any ? can get it.

We gon talk sports now or you wanna have another outburst of feelings? Go to your room b

Look at this lame ass ? , talk bout he get ? poppin but crying bout reactions, main one saying "we gon talk sports now??" ? we was til yo lame thabo selfalosha looking and posting ass came with them weak ass jone attempts, n u keep bringing up grip money like I should be ashamed, ? ? u gon ? up n b known more for how I diss u then ur actual songs like that other guy lol, ? I'm worried bout a lame ass punching bag who bringing up reactions every other post and talk about "ic streets" taking me serious for

You not talmbout ? bruh listen

I have no idea what team you rep, but the Bulls are better. I have no idea if you still rap, but my flow is wetter. And I don't know what hoes you get, but my ? dope as ever!

N you can merch that lil homie. Until you can say otherwise I consider you a joke and nothing you say will be taken serious. Now we can get back to shooting the ? as soon as you let that reality sink in. Know your place lil fella it'll be aight
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder how LeBron feels about his team bring responsible for the original deng comments
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember the allstar game couple years ago. They were doin the starting line up.
    Deng had his warm up jacket off and was rockin the Africa shirt. I kno the Nba wasnt wit it.
This discussion has been closed.