Options

Comments

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    bignorm wrote: »
    them same ? coulda been better than KG them years too

They were in some years. Overall since Duncan came in the league he's been the best, but there were times when you could have named 4 other PF's the best in the league and you could have had a legit case. It's like that with PG's today.

So, since overall Duncan was the best, and you could say any of 5 PF's were best in any year, whats with saying garnett was top 5 and clearly best in his position in years during that span? Sounds to me like if you gotta pick best, its gotta be the overall top guy. Duncan.
  • bignorm
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Lol Ayo Big Norm, and Axel, bruhs, every guy we talkin about are HOF players. Stop thinkin anybody is slighting people.

But if we want to differentiate the diff levels, just like they did in the panel, you have to up the ante and raise the bar

Its like a club vip, if everybody can get in the bytch it aint no longer vip! Everybody cant be upper echelon,A1, etc, so stop giving these stats/stories that dont mean a gotdamn thing.

Theres a certain pecking order that just exists. You cant argue against all nba selecrions and mvps with 'yo remember that series vs kobe' or 'he could score from anywhere'. Enough

So you saying Nash >> Kidd?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never at any point thought Garnett was better than Duncan,

03/04 it was arguable.

Not saying it was true
    Hell, there were years that there were a few players ahead of Garnett at his position.

628x471.jpg

Dirk has been better than KG since 06, but who are these other guys? Are you talking about shell of his former self, fake tough guy KG 09-present or KG's peak which is around 00-08
  • bignorm
    Options
    Garnett has always been a fake tough guy, but you are right, im probably merging Garnett once his skills eroded with prime garnett.

? criticize how ? are fans of AI, Garnett has similar standom tho, and like Zab Judah, AI and other hood legends, Garnett tends to be overrated.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    them same ? coulda been better than KG them years too

They were in some years. Overall since Duncan came in the league he's been the best, but there were times when you could have named 4 other PF's the best in the league and you could have had a legit case. It's like that with PG's today.

So, since overall Duncan was the best, and you could say any of 5 PF's were best in any year, whats with saying garnett was top 5 and clearly best in his position in years during that span? Sounds to me like if you gotta pick best, its gotta be the overall top guy. Duncan.

I'm saying in specific season there were guys who were better than Tim Duncan. In 04 KG was better than Duncan. Dirk was better than Duncan in 06 and 2011. C-Webb was better in 01. LA was better last season and I expect him to be better this year as well. But since he came in the league Tim Duncan has had more seasons where he was the best PF than any other player.

Also I know the last few seasons he's been playing a lot at Center so it's harder to compare his season to LA or Blake who strictly play PF.
  • bignorm
    Options
    Looking back on my original post, I had Garnett in.

Pierce--- wasn't only list, and I think you guys are correct, he doesn't deserve to be on there.
    My point was, Pierce is a hell of a lot closer to that list than some ? names being thrown out there.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kidd is 2nd all time in steals/assists

9x defensive team(5 first, 4 second)
    5x all nba first team
    Overachieved with weak Nets squad
    helped Dallas get over the ? and win title

it's really a debate if one of the greatest point guards to play should be on the list ?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierce is there with t mac, Nash, pau, etc

I think I said this already though
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Lol Ayo Big Norm, and Axel, bruhs, every guy we talkin about are HOF players. Stop thinkin anybody is slighting people.

But if we want to differentiate the diff levels, just like they did in the panel, you have to up the ante and raise the bar

Its like a club vip, if everybody can get in the bytch it aint no longer vip! Everybody cant be upper echelon,A1, etc, so stop giving these stats/stories that dont mean a gotdamn thing.

Theres a certain pecking order that just exists. You cant argue against all nba selecrions and mvps with 'yo remember that series vs kobe' or 'he could score from anywhere'. Enough

So you saying Nash >> Kidd?

Gotdamn how many tangents can 1 man go on!!?!?!

Kidd> Nash.

1) Nash is an anamoly, all-time. This is well known. You dont discount his MVPs, but they're just weighted a little...different

2) Still, Kidd had the assists, steals, defensive accolades, 1st team nba, triple doubles, and Finals appearances in his prime...notice im not bringing up ? like 'he could go left with ease' or 'teamkiller' and all that bullshyt

Smh Im explaining why Kidd is better than Nash. Fool me once...yea, my bad yall. He on ignore starting now.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foh dirk aint better than kg ? were you even alive for minny KG

Dirk wasnt even the best player on those og dallas teams Michael Finkey was who was made to take a back seat to Dirk but thats beside the point.. he wasnt better
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dirk wasnt even the best player on those og dallas teams Michael Finkey was who was made to take a back seat to Dirk but thats beside the point.. he wasnt better

? them OG Dallas teams.

Dirk brought his teams to the finals twice in west. And KG and Minny couldn't stop him.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

? them OG Dallas teams.

Dirk brought his teams to the finals twice in west. And KG and Minny couldn't stop him.

Mvp of that miami finals should have been Terry Dirk had an amazing post season that year but that championship bump is something else.. dont get me wrong Dirk is one of the most dangerous and unguardable players due to his stature and shooting ability but he wasnt a dominating figure as Kg... im talking about tangibly not that bravado ?
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dirk avg 30/16 on 50%FG against KG in the playoffs in 03, Dirk led a team to 67 wins, Dirk led a team to multiple Final appearances, Dirk had one of the greatest individual playoff runs in '11, Dirk is still better than KG till this very day, Dirk>>>KG
  • blu197
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Dirk avg 30/16 on 50%FG against KG in the playoffs in 03, Dirk led a team to 67 wins, Dirk led a team to multiple Final appearances, Dirk had one of the greatest individual playoff runs in '11, Dirk is still better than KG till this very day, Dirk>>>KG

Also like to add Dirk swept KG in 03
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma say Dirk is better than KG to and I think most would disagree because is black and dirk is European
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Pierce is there with t mac, Nash, pau, etc

I think I said this already though

Pau aint on da same tier wit pierce ? FOH nd Pierce has da longevity advantage as T-Mac, stop these outrageous statements
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2014
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Imma say Dirk is better than KG to and I think most would disagree because is black and dirk is European

Some would unfortunately,but better is better to me
  • blu197
    Options
    KG also missed the playoffs 3 straight years in his prime...
  • playmaker88
    Options
    And Dirk is still not better
  • blu197
    Options
    And Dirk is still not better

How?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    here go ? giving individual players all the credit for team achievements again...

tumblr_ly7rcjO3El1r8swqdo1_500.gif
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Here go ? claiming that one side of the court players are better than all around players again..

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    here go @blu197 back on some ? ? again..

didn't a 1 seed dirk lose to an 8th seed? lmao at trying to bring up KG missing the playoffs