50 Greatest NBA Players: the Next Ten

Options

Comments

• Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JDSTAYWITIT.‌ u killed it with that last post. Don't forget a young Joe Johnson, a career playoff run from Tim Thomas too.

We can't punish Iverson for having a bad GM. Y'all cats think he was shooting 30times a game because he was selfish????
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @tommybillfiger will put raw numbers up but then hide their FG% becuase it hurts his point yet claim that I "skew arguments "

? KYS
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Pippen averaged 21/9/6 on 50% shooting through the entire 91 playoffs ... dont cherry pick one round ... get the ? out of here talking about skewing arguments

Kobe averaged 21/4.5/4.5 on 45% shooting through the entire 00 playoffs ... but youre cherry picking one round ... get the ? out of here talking about skewing arguments

Aaron Mckie averaged 14.6/5/5 on 41% shooting through the entire 01 playoffs ..... which was higher than his regular season average becuase he played more mins and he wasn't playing a sixth man role anymore but guess what ... HE SHOT THE BALL 6 POINTS WORSE IN THE PLAYOFFS DUMB ?

how the ? are you trying to equate these three players ... get the ? out of here ? ?

Scottie Pippen 1996 playoffs 17 ppg 39% fg.Notice he picked 1991 when I said 1996 you stay skewin doggie.We'll agree to disagree(as usual) I'm not one of those argue til the sun come up ? I made my point

Pippen average 2ppg more than mckie and shot worse yet he was a 2nd option but but mckie wasn't adequate lol.Also notice how he keeps ignoring the several other points I made and keeps focusing on aaron mckie stats.I wonder did you even watch the 01 sixers cuz you stay postin stats like a misinformed geek and ignoring the impact these players had on that particular team
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Pippen averaged 21/9/6 on 50% shooting through the entire 91 playoffs ... dont cherry pick one round ... get the ? out of here talking about skewing arguments

Kobe averaged 21/4.5/4.5 on 45% shooting through the entire 00 playoffs ... but youre cherry picking one round ... get the ? out of here talking about skewing arguments

Aaron Mckie averaged 14.6/5/5 on 41% shooting through the entire 01 playoffs ..... which was higher than his regular season average becuase he played more mins and he wasn't playing a sixth man role anymore but guess what ... HE SHOT THE BALL 6 POINTS WORSE IN THE PLAYOFFS DUMB ?

how the ? are you trying to equate these three players ... get the ? out of here ? ?

Scottie Pippen 1996 playoffs 17 ppg 39% fg.Notice he picked 1991 when I said 1996 you stay skewin doggie.We'll agree to disagree(as usual) I'm not one of those argue til the sun come up ? I made my point

Pippen average 2ppg more than mckie and shot worse yet he was a 2nd option but but mckie wasn't adequate lol.Also notice how he keeps ignoring the several other points I made and keeps focusing on aaron mckie stats.I wonder did you even watch the 01 sixers cuz you stay postin stats like a misinformed geek and ignoring the impact these players had on that particular team

? calm down ...thinkin you got some sort of "Gotcha" moment ...like im being sinisterrrrrr and intentionally manipulating facts lol ..That was my honest mistake ...I thought you were referring to 91 clearly ...there's no need to randomly pick a year that you weren't talking about ...no body needs to stretch anything to make a point to you

Per 36 playoff comparison

Scottie 96 - 15ppg 7rebs 5asst 2steals 1blk on 39% shooting
    Mckie 01 - 14ppg 5rebs 5asst 1steal 0 blks on 41% shooting

Secondly Scottie wasn't adequate help as a scorer they won that year because Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time and he carried them to heights Iverson couldn't exactly the reason why people give Jordan all the credit and dismiss Pippen ...which supports my point about Iverson ..but thank you for confirming to all of us that Jordan>>>Iverson ...excellent ? point there tommy ...stupendous ..smh i ..never claimed that Iverson = Jordan so your point is amiss ...and with all that said Pippen still outperformed Mickie in every category aside from shooting in one of his worst playoff performances smh

And ? you didn't make any other points for me to "ignore" you LIED as usual and said that I didn't comment on any other players aside from Mckie when I clearly went in on all them ? ass ? ...I said the defense was great ...so what "other points" did I ignore ...stop falsifying ?

I don't know how anyone could have claimed to "watch" those 01 sixers in the playoffs and claim that Iverson didn't drag them ...you point me where anyone else supports that statement ...as usual your commentary lacks nuance and detail and displays the cognitive ability of a goldfish
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Lol at per 36 comparisons and pip not being adequate

Again

@‌ 36 comparisons
    =))

No one wins by themselves or even get there by themselves... we really on this new ? where if your name aint big enough you didnt help, you didnt average 20 you didnt help...

Playoffs are where moments are magnified numbers dont tell you moments
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Again

@‌ 36 comparisons
    =))

No one wins by themselves or even get there by themselves... we really on this new ? where if your name aint big enough you didnt help, you didnt average 20 you didnt help...

Bruh stop embarrassing yourself ....you clearly don't know what per 36 even means yet you are trying to comment on the subject ...weren't you the ? that tried to compare a Centers FG% to a Guards?

? ? me with that nonsensical ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    In the original top 50, here's who I'm leaving out:
    1. Bill Walton

Here's who I'm leaving: Scottie Pippen.
    Reason: If you take him off, you'd also have to take out James Worthy.

Here's who I'm adding in place of Bill Walton: Dominique Wilkins

Here is who is in the "next ten" who I'm not adding:
    Ray Allen- was not the dominant player on a dominant team.
    C Webb- nah son, he wasn't ever the premiere player at his position.
    J Kidd- not enough offense
    G Payton- edged out by Nash's 2 MVP's
    T-Mac- the next "Dominique". the next ? in next time the list is redone.
    Vince- see Ray Allen's comment

My "next ten"
    1. Kobe
    2. AI
    3. Bron
    4. Duncan
    5. Wade
    6. Dirk
    7. Nash
    8. Reggie Miller
    9. McAdoo
    10. Garnett

The bold absoulutely makes no ? sense!!!! So you basically saying Magic made the overall #1 pick Worthy the same as Jordan made Pippen?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nash is kinda overrated for the simple fact that we don't hold white players accountable for not playing defense like that.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    1. Bill Walton

My "next ten"
    1. Kobe
    2. AI
    3. Bron
    4. Duncan
    5. Wade
    6. Dirk
    7. Nash
    8. Reggie Miller
    9. McAdoo
    10. Garnett

The bold absoulutely makes no ? sense!!!! So you basically saying Magic made the overall #1 pick Worthy the same as Jordan made Pippen?

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying I put them close to each other because they are an all star on a team that won multiple championships, but you cant clearly say they would, or would not dominate without the great teammates.

And, to be fair, at least Pippen was the 2nd best player on his team. Worthy was the 3rd.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Again

@‌ 36 comparisons
    =))

Bruh stop embarrassing yourself ....you clearly don't know what per 36 even means yet you are trying to comment on the subject ...weren't you the ? that tried to compare a Centers FG% to a Guards?

? ? me with that nonsensical ?
    Wrong dude.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    1. Bill Walton

My "next ten"
    1. Kobe
    2. AI
    3. Bron
    4. Duncan
    5. Wade
    6. Dirk
    7. Nash
    8. Reggie Miller
    9. McAdoo
    10. Garnett

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying I put them close to each other because they are an all star on a team that won multiple championships, but you cant clearly say they would, or would not dominate without the great teammates.

And, to be fair, at least Pippen was the 2nd best player on his team. Worthy was the 3rd.

You can take 3rd best when the two considered the best on the team are arguably the best ever to play their respective postions. So in actuality that is not a slight at all on Worthy.

When Kareem couldn't carry the load no more Worthy was the 1st option and there is a reason he got the name Big Game James!

IMO I think Worthy could have the 50 greatest list without being on the Lakers and without Jordan I don't see Pippen even being mentioned to make the list.

• saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    JDSTAYWITIT. wrote: »

Denver was never a championship caliber team before or after AI was there and when he left they still didn't get further than what did he did on his own..comparing what happened there with him in one season at age 32 to what would happen If you would have given him shaq in his prime or lebron & bosh (which is the hypothetical scenario we were actually talking about) is silly ...you brought up a single season outlier trying to legitimize an overarching assumption ...by your logic I guess it would have been safe to say Lebron couldn't win with wade after they lost in 2011 right? Or that Jordan couldn't win with Pippen because it took 4 years right? It was one season ? ..

It's silly ....a Miami team with prime Shaq or prime lebron is a much different situation as both of those players were VASTLY superior to a 23 year old Carmelo ...that's what I was referring to when I said you give him a 30 year old Shaq while AI is still in his prime and he's winning ..that was my main point ..the only reason I brought up Melo in the first place is to show that Iverson could coexist with another star which some didn't think would be possible ..like I said trying to use Denver as an indictment on his ability to play with other stars is some half baked ?

Denver made it the WCf the very year iverson left.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    JDSTAYWITIT. wrote: »

Denver was never a championship caliber team before or after AI was there and when he left they still didn't get further than what did he did on his own..comparing what happened there with him in one season at age 32 to what would happen If you would have given him shaq in his prime or lebron & bosh (which is the hypothetical scenario we were actually talking about) is silly ...you brought up a single season outlier trying to legitimize an overarching assumption ...by your logic I guess it would have been safe to say Lebron couldn't win with wade after they lost in 2011 right? Or that Jordan couldn't win with Pippen because it took 4 years right? It was one season ? ..

It's silly ....a Miami team with prime Shaq or prime lebron is a much different situation as both of those players were VASTLY superior to a 23 year old Carmelo ...that's what I was referring to when I said you give him a 30 year old Shaq while AI is still in his prime and he's winning ..that was my main point ..the only reason I brought up Melo in the first place is to show that Iverson could coexist with another star which some didn't think would be possible ..like I said trying to use Denver as an indictment on his ability to play with other stars is some half baked ?

Denver made it the WCf the very year iverson left.

Did you even read what I wrote? What's up point?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As soon as the pistons traded for a.I they became a 8th seed. As soon as the nuggets got rid of a.i they went to the WCF

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yvAhduShTGg

Look at the score too lol
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    As soon as the pistons traded for a.I they became a 8th seed. As soon as the nuggets got rid of a.i they went to the WCF

? free posting again .....Rasheed Wallace missed 20 games Hamilton missed 20 games Iverson missed 20 games... but OK your right ...you definitely know what your talking about ...my fault g
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

? free posting again .....Rasheed Wallace missed 20 games Hamilton missed 20 games Iverson missed 20 games... but OK your right ...you definitely know what your talking about ...my fault g

Thanks for seeing it my way
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Cwebb nh, but he 's not on that list, and wouldnt have made it if he wasnt in the room lol

I agree with their first 8, then i go Wade and Kidd

• S2J
    Options
    Ahhh, hold on. Just thought of somethin

This list hasnt been revisited in almost 20 years. So think of how silly this next 10 list would look in 10-20 years if u dont have KD, who's SEVEN years in already.

I dont think anyone would argue KD will end up a greater player than most these guys historically. Gotta have a little...forsight

Also, He's already 5 time All Nba First team, which i think low key is one of the most overlooked accolades.
  • S2J
    Options
    To give context, number of 1st team Nba selections for some 'fringe' guys:

Kidd-5
    Ai-3
    Nash-3
    Payton- 2
    Wade-2
    Mcgrady-2
    Webber-1
    Miller, Pierce, Allen- NEVER All Nba 1st

Obviously u dnt go off that alone, but
    cats REALLY tend to forget/overlook/not understand who was considered truly great in their time vs nggas who were just 'pretty good' for a long ass time
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierce nd ray aint in da "pretty good" category tho they were just a tier below da best from their generation. Both stayed consistent for a while nd could score in multiple ways in their prime
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All bias aside, why ain't they ? A tier below means they weren't all time great players or great talents

They were really good and had longevity

Ray Allen is an all time great shooter....but player, ehhhh

These ? ain't ? one All Nba First team and its not like they were overlooked cause even all that advanced stats ? wouldn't support a case in their favor
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ray holds da 3 point title nd pierce is 4th, both guys have ova 25,000 career points. Pierce is 1 of 4 players All-time to average at least 18ppg for 14 or more seasons. "Pretty good or not great talents" is disrespectful to both of those guys
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If its caping for one of the two, outta Ray and Pierce, you gotta go with "The Truth".
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duncan
    Kobe
    Bron
    AI
    KG
    Dirk
    JKidd
    Wade
    Nique