Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    what the ? is up with yall and htis love affair with iverson. damn yall always got the what if excuse with this ? .

iverson was the ultimate me athlete in a team sport. you could pair him up with a duncan, kg, whoever it would never work.

he has to be the man to shoot all the shots, play 48 minutes. but you wont win a championship that way.

he could never duplicate that 01 season cuz its not the way to win a championship.

iverson must be yall ? father figures

He won a confrence championship ironically something the "ultimate teammate" Steve Nash never could do ...... Interesting

cuz he's better than nash ? . iverson's cultural impact on the image of basketball ushering the hip hop era. never backing down from being who he is as a man against the scrutiny of corprate america far suceeds what he accomplished as a basketball player.

that's why so many of yall ? swear by him even though he was a tremendously gifted individual player with a flawed concept of team basketball.

go ahead and use them ? advance metric stats he avged 7 assist a game ? . its irrelevant cuz he only made it out the first round once after that 01 season.

it has to be his way and when it wasnt his way he quit. he quit on the 76ers, he quit on the pistons, he quit on the grizzlies and that's why his career ended with such a dud.

dude should of humbled himself became a 6th man and he could have joined a contending team at the end of his career but he still had the ego of MVP iverson when he wasnt that anymore

and u wanna try and convince yourself that if he would have had better people on his team he would have won. nope iverson only knows one way to play and that is with a bunch of role players giving him the ball so he can do his thing

Your rambling ...

As I said earlier you tried to make a point about him not being able to win because of his mentality when that is clearly false considering he lead his teams further with less than a large amount of his contemporaries during his career Dwayne Wade couldn't "duplicate" his '06 season and was stuck in the first round until he got Lebron James to save his basketball life...again your speaking jibberish

You then said he couldn't play with another star which is also false considering his most effecient season was in Denver alongside Carmelo Anthony

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

fact he never got out the first round again duplicating that style. that 01 season was a magical ride. you cant win a championship with that style of play.

d wade is a better player than AI and im not basing that off of championships he just is a better player.

its funny cuz posters in the past when d wade was in his prime were saying he was better than kobe now that d wade is washed he's not getting respect

AI lead his team to a finals appearance by himself Wade couldn't ...FACT

Have a good night ?

Iverson had the 6th man of the year,coach of the year,defensive player of the year on that team and a bunch of vets lol @ by himself

I thought you weren't responding to my post? What happened ...you not mad at me no more Wile E Bilfiger?

Pertaining to should the bulls resign butler and for how much nah I aint responding to nothin you gotta say on that we don't agree so I left it that
    Well I'm glad to see your off that Emo ? tommy ...good for you...temper tantrums are unbecoming in grown men

But let me just go ahead and slap that dum ass point you tried to make around right quick ...as usual ..You said AI didn't do it himself ...he had COTY DPOY 6thManOY .........."and some vets" ....lol ? are you on drugs ...

01 playoffs
    Aaron Mckie 14/5/5 on 41% shooting ....this was his second option btw 14/5/5 on 41% shooting for a second option ? are you ? serious right now? This is what you call adequate help?

Wade averaged 18/4/4 on 50% shooting this playoff and y'all call him "D-Washed" but watch out now big tommy says AI had the Calvary because Aaron Mckie was dropping 14/5/5 on ? ...I mean how can AI lose with that right?

? KYS...

Lol @ "some vets" oh I know ...you must be talking about big game Jermain Jones and his whopping 5.5points on 40% shooting or Tyron Lue and his 7.2ppg on 40% shooting and we can't forget about clutch city Matt Gieger lighting it up with 3.2ppg

Damn dog helluva point you got right dere doe! team was ? loaded!

Btw how did having a coach of the year help lebron out in Cleveland? It's like when Mike Browns balled headed ass was out there just draining those 3's to help keep Bron alive that's when I knew how important that COTY was baby!

I was talkin bout eric snow,tyrone hill,george lynch.The east sucked then the final four teams were the raptors,hornets,sixers and bucks.Sixers were top 5 in rebounding and defense that year iverson with mutumbo and mckie with the defense and players playing their roles is why the sixers won the east.He aint do jack by himself was he the main scorer by design? Yea mutumbo put up 14 and 14 wit 3 blocks and mckie put up like 15 wit others doing their parts foh ?

in what world is a 14ppg player an adequate second option? especially for a "contender"

lol the ? that you say bruh ... its like ...i have to believe that you dont think before you type .. btw .. just for all hells sake .. those 14 points came on 49% shooting ... THATS TERRIBLE for a big man that doesn't shoot jumpers ...thats bottom of the league type ? for a starting Center for a guy who has no range .. that ? is pathetic .. and thats what your poking your chest out about?

lol @ he had ERIC SNOW... lmaooooooooooooo eric snow? ERiC SNOW
    JFJl5.gif
    ..lmao ... ohhh ? ... you mean 9points on 41% shooting Eric Snow? that ? ?
    -Player A 10ppg 7asst 3rbs 41% shooting
    -Player B 11.5ppg 4asst 4rebs 45% shooting

quick which one is Eric Snow and which one is Smush Parker? ... lmaoooooo

That team was ANEMIC on offense ..defense ..they were great... OFFENSE ... please ... its offensive to anyone's intelligence to try to argue that that team had any adequate offensive players surrounding Iverson during those years.. horrific efficiency from everyone surrounding him thats why he jacked up shots ..

even going back looking at legendary defensive teams like the 80's pistons ..they still had dudes like Joe Dumars giving you 17/6/3 on a efficient 51% shooting or Mark Aguire (a former multiple time 25 ppg guy) giving you an efficient 16/4/3 on 48% shooting ..Vinnie Johnson giving you 14/3/3 on an efficient 47% in only 25mpg! thats production ? ... not no damn George Lynch ..? what the ? ... KYS with that ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    And both them ? still shot better than ai lmao how you gonna critique someones shooting percentage and then act like ai was mr efficiency also he ran out every co pilot philly had he clashed ai wanted it thay way he had stack, hughes much later derrick coleman ... listen ai was a dynamic exiting one on one player nothing more nothing lesss
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Shaq was not in his prime at any point in Mia, his rookie numbers are better than 23/10..

In the FINALS he avg 13/10 not 19/10, Role player numbers bruh..

i dont give a ? about what you feel ..you clearly dont know what your talking about.. he was second in the MVP voting ...point blank period .. you dont have MVP caliber seasons when your still not in some stage of your prime

secondly his rookie number were not better than his first year in Miami ..you are incorrect ..he simply played 3 more mins a game ..on an even scale

PER 36
    93 season - 22ppg 13rebs 2asst 3blks on 56% shooting
    05 season - 24ppg 11rebs 3asst 2.5blks on 60% shooting

the FINALS are a part of the PLAYOFFS you cannot get to the FINALS without winning the other rounds of the PLAYOFFS ..which he took control over .. clearly .. posting up stats from 6 games is simpleton ? ... if you're insinuating that Shaq was a role player ..clearly your being clownish trolling or some ? ... on the other hand if your posting up random stats just to post them with no purpose your simply wasting keystrokes
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    And both them ? still shot better than ai lmao how you gonna critique someones shooting percentage and then act like ai was mr efficiency also he ran out every co pilot philly had he clashed ai wanted it thay way he had stack, hughes much later derrick coleman ... listen ai was a dynamic exiting one on one player nothing more nothing lesss

Iverson shot 42% that season ... Eric Snow Shot 41% that season ...

...dog ... like why even speak on that ? if you didn't know what you were talking about? and then you write "lmao".....? like why would you even attempt to do some ? like that? we gotta do better than that baby ..c'mon now ...

Secondly ..why would you compare a Centers shooting percentage to a Guard? .... i need that answer from you right now bruh ..

like im trying to understand this ? and where you ? heads be at when you type some of this ? .. im really trying

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    and i never once said anything about AI being "Mr.Efficiency" ..... thats clearly a flat out lie that your telling for whatever reason
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1) who gives af about "PER" i should flag ur wack ass for bringing up that irrelevant ? ..

2) Shaq put up more pts/reb/blk/stl in the 93 season that's a better overall season than 05

3) Again Shaq was NOT in his prime at any point in Mia physically or production wise the fact that he was that high on MVP voting in 05 is bc the better players at the time didn't have any help, (KG,Kidd,Kobe,Tmac,Ai,Lebron,VC ect)

4) Wade was the real MVP of that 05 team, he put up 24ppg/7ast/5reb/1stl/1blk on 47%FG that's a WAY better season than what Ai had when he won MVP
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    1) who gives af about "PER" i should flag ur wack ass for bringing up that irrelevant ? ..

2) Shaq put up more pts/reb/blk/stl in the 93 season that's a better overall season than 05

3) Again Shaq was NOT in his prime at any point in Mia physically or production wise the fact that he was that high on MVP voting in 05 is bc the better players at the time didn't have any help, (KG,Kidd,Kobe,Tmac,Ai,Lebron,VC ect)

4) Wade was the real MVP of that 05 team, he put up 24ppg/7ast/5reb/1stl/1blk on 47%FG that's a WAY better season than what Ai had when he won MVP

lmao ... nobody brought up anything about "PER" wtf are you talking about little buddy? you clearly are sleepy right now ... i should flag your wack ass for being an illiterate idiot

lol @ a player coming in and helping a team win 17 more games while being #2 in league MVP voting yet not being the MVP of his team ... OK bro

• blu197
    Options

lmao ... nobody brought up anything about "PER" wtf are you talking about little buddy? you clearly are sleepy right now ... i should flag your wack ass for being an illiterate idiot

lol @ a player coming in and helping a team win 17 more games while being #2 in league MVP voting yet not being the MVP of his team ... OK bro

Then your numbers are false as ? when comparing the 93 and 05 season
  • blu197
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Shaq avg 23.4 and 14 (well 13.9 really) in 93 yet u say 22 and 13 and chose not to round up the numbers like you did for the 05 season

Shaq avg 23 (really 22.9) and 10 in 05 when you said 24 and 11 one whole point above what he really avg smh you already lost when resort to stat padding... 93>>05
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Then your numbers are false as ? when comparing the 93 and 05 season

PER 36 means PER 36 mins a game ... got damn man .. the ? is wrong with you ? ? do you not know anything?

he played 3 more minutes per game in 93 so to get a more accurate comparison of the two seasons you compare them based on equal grounds ... playing more minutes will get you higher raw numbers.. if im scoring 20 ppg in 30 mins and my shooting % stays the same ..naturally if i played 40 mins i would score more points ... that does not necessarily mean im playing "better" it just means im playing for a longer period of time ...? man ...learn something first then talk ? get off that NBA live ?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Shaq avg 23.4 and 14 (well 13.9 really) in 93 yet u say 22 and 13 and chose not to round up the numbers like you did for the 05 season

Shaq avg 23 (really 22.9) and 10 in 05 when you said 24 and 11 one whole point above what he really avg smh you already lost when resort to stat padding... 93>>05

lol at this ?
  • blu197
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Shaqs playoff numbers in 05:
    19pts/8reb/2ast/1blk on 55%FG

Wades playoff numbers in 05:
    27pts/6reb/5ast/1stl/1blk on 48%FG

Shaqs playoff numbers in 06:
    18pts/10reb/1ast/1blk on 61%FG

Wades playoff numbers in 06:
    28ppg/6reb/5ast/2stl/1blk on 49%FG

Shaqs numbers in 06 Finals:
    13pts/10reb/3ast on 60%FG

Wades numbers in 06 Finals:
    34ppg/7reb/3ast/2stl/1blk on 46%FG

Shaq was a sidekick in Miami and didn't put up better regular or post season numbers than Wade yet u claim Shaq was in his prime which makes no sense when his rookie season is better than anything he did in Mia..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Shaqs playoff numbers in 05:
    19pts/8reb/2ast/1blk on 55%FG

Wades playoff numbers in 05:
    27pts/6reb/5ast/1stl/1blk on 48%FG

Shaqs playoff numbers in 06:
    18pts/10reb/1ast/1blk on 61%FG

Wades playoff numbers in 06:
    28ppg/6reb/5ast/2stl/1blk on 49%FG

Shaqs numbers in 06 Finals:
    13pts/10reb/3ast on 60%FG

Wades numbers in 06 Finals:
    34ppg/7reb/3ast/2stl/1blk on 46%FG

Shaq was a sidekick in Miami and didn't put up better regular or post season numbers than Wade yet u claim Shaq was in his prime which makes no sense when his rookie season is better than anything he did in Mia..

nph-o.gif

The fact that you still cannot comprehend why Shaq's rookie season is inferior to his first season in Mia or why a player who finishes 2nd in MVP voting is considered still in his prime or what the difference is between "PER" and "Per 36" lets me know all i need to know about you ..

63% winning percentage and a Ring with Shaq first 3 seasons in Mia
    54% winning percentage and couldn't get out the first round with Shaq gone

stick to the video games little dude
  • blu197
    Options
    Good job at trying to deflect the numbers and base your entire argument that Shaq was in his prime on a award based on media votes that he didn't even win instead of the numbers in your face... FACT Shaq was a sidekick in 05 and completely washed by the end of 06
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade is better by good margin... ppl bringing up Shaq & Lbj to try and knock Wade but Shaq isn't winning a title w/o another top 5 player and leagues best role players on his team that's a fact.... Lbj has yet to prove he can win w/o Wade...

When you look at the individuals Ai had the more flashy game by a slim margin bc he gave zero ? about running the team system but Wade is more talented at everything besides that carry crossover Ai got...

Bruh.

2012-2013 was all LBJ. Wade was a roll player that year in the finals.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Wade is better by good margin... ppl bringing up Shaq & Lbj to try and knock Wade but Shaq isn't winning a title w/o another top 5 player and leagues best role players on his team that's a fact.... Lbj has yet to prove he can win w/o Wade...

When you look at the individuals Ai had the more flashy game by a slim margin bc he gave zero ? about running the team system but Wade is more talented at everything besides that carry crossover Ai got...

Bruh.

lmfao

That's like the third time that ? happen.

? it.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Bruh.

Chris bosh wasn't on this team?

To answer what somebody else said, wade got out the first round before Shaq came to Miami
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He beat Baron Davis. Baron was my favorite point guard at the time too.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    what the ? is up with yall and htis love affair with iverson. damn yall always got the what if excuse with this ? .

iverson was the ultimate me athlete in a team sport. you could pair him up with a duncan, kg, whoever it would never work.

he has to be the man to shoot all the shots, play 48 minutes. but you wont win a championship that way.

he could never duplicate that 01 season cuz its not the way to win a championship.

He won a confrence championship ironically something the "ultimate teammate" Steve Nash never could do ...... Interesting

cuz he's better than nash ? . iverson's cultural impact on the image of basketball ushering the hip hop era. never backing down from being who he is as a man against the scrutiny of corprate america far suceeds what he accomplished as a basketball player.

that's why so many of yall ? swear by him even though he was a tremendously gifted individual player with a flawed concept of team basketball.

go ahead and use them ? advance metric stats he avged 7 assist a game ? . its irrelevant cuz he only made it out the first round once after that 01 season.

it has to be his way and when it wasnt his way he quit. he quit on the 76ers, he quit on the pistons, he quit on the grizzlies and that's why his career ended with such a dud.

dude should of humbled himself became a 6th man and he could have joined a contending team at the end of his career but he still had the ego of MVP iverson when he wasnt that anymore

and u wanna try and convince yourself that if he would have had better people on his team he would have won. nope iverson only knows one way to play and that is with a bunch of role players giving him the ball so he can do his thing

Your rambling ...

As I said earlier you tried to make a point about him not being able to win because of his mentality when that is clearly false considering he lead his teams further with less than a large amount of his contemporaries during his career Dwayne Wade couldn't "duplicate" his '06 season and was stuck in the first round until he got Lebron James to save his basketball life...again your speaking jibberish

You then said he couldn't play with another star which is also false considering his most effecient season was in Denver alongside Carmelo Anthony

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

fact he never got out the first round again duplicating that style. that 01 season was a magical ride. you cant win a championship with that style of play.

d wade is a better player than AI and im not basing that off of championships he just is a better player.

its funny cuz posters in the past when d wade was in his prime were saying he was better than kobe now that d wade is washed he's not getting respect

Have a good night ?

Iverson had the 6th man of the year,coach of the year,defensive player of the year on that team and a bunch of vets lol @ by himself

I thought you weren't responding to my post? What happened ...you not mad at me no more Wile E Bilfiger?

Pertaining to should the bulls resign butler and for how much nah I aint responding to nothin you gotta say on that we don't agree so I left it that
    Well I'm glad to see your off that Emo ? tommy ...good for you...temper tantrums are unbecoming in grown men

But let me just go ahead and slap that dum ass point you tried to make around right quick ...as usual ..You said AI didn't do it himself ...he had COTY DPOY 6thManOY .........."and some vets" ....lol ? are you on drugs ...

01 playoffs
    Aaron Mckie 14/5/5 on 41% shooting ....this was his second option btw 14/5/5 on 41% shooting for a second option ? are you ? serious right now? This is what you call adequate help?

Wade averaged 18/4/4 on 50% shooting this playoff and y'all call him "D-Washed" but watch out now big tommy says AI had the Calvary because Aaron Mckie was dropping 14/5/5 on ? ...I mean how can AI lose with that right?

? KYS...

Lol @ "some vets" oh I know ...you must be talking about big game Jermain Jones and his whopping 5.5points on 40% shooting or Tyron Lue and his 7.2ppg on 40% shooting and we can't forget about clutch city Matt Gieger lighting it up with 3.2ppg

Btw how did having a coach of the year help lebron out in Cleveland? It's like when Mike Browns balled headed ass was out there just draining those 3's to help keep Bron alive that's when I knew how important that COTY was baby!

I was talkin bout eric snow,tyrone hill,george lynch.The east sucked then the final four teams were the raptors,hornets,sixers and bucks.Sixers were top 5 in rebounding and defense that year iverson with mutumbo and mckie with the defense and players playing their roles is why the sixers won the east.He aint do jack by himself was he the main scorer by design? Yea mutumbo put up 14 and 14 wit 3 blocks and mckie put up like 15 wit others doing their parts foh ?

in what world is a 14ppg player an adequate second option? especially for a "contender"

lol the ? that you say bruh ... its like ...i have to believe that you dont think before you type .. btw .. just for all hells sake .. those 14 points came on 49% shooting ... THATS TERRIBLE for a big man that doesn't shoot jumpers ...thats bottom of the league type ? for a starting Center for a guy who has no range .. that ? is pathetic .. and thats what your poking your chest out about?

You mean 15 ppg from the nbas 6th man of the year(which was 3ppg higher than his regular season average) isn't adequate help? Pippen put up 16ppg in the 96 finals and kobe 16 ppg in the 00 finals and the bulls and lakers won the title those were 2nd options Duke.It's hilarious how you skew arguments in your favor you stay conveniently selecting certain players(ie jumaine jones) or round averages down to prove your points.Iverson shot the ball 30x a game in the playoffs he took damn near 40% of his teams fga's I don't know how much more help you expect when one player is jackin shots like that and he still had TWO double digit scorers and damn near 3.Iverson had a top 5 defense/rebounding team,one of the greatest coaches ever,one of the best defensive bigs ever and the 6th man of the year on top of role players(lynch,hill,snow) playing their roles you don't make the finals shooting 39% from the field and taking 30 shots a game without help.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not trying to cape for Nash cause Iverson is better, but bruh Nash played in the western conference his whole career. Iverson even in '01 wouldn't have sniffed the finals in the west bruh.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word, word word his help was scrappy defenders, timely shooters rim protectors rebounders and egoless pawns thats the help he wanted.. I say this ? all the time he would've been a more substantive player had he been like cp3 instead of mike.. cp3 could be more aggressive though
  • enbo
    enbo Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options
    they played reggie
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good job at trying to deflect the numbers and base your entire argument that Shaq was in his prime on a award based on media votes that he didn't even win instead of the numbers in your face... FACT Shaq was a sidekick in 05 and completely washed by the end of 06

lol at trying to deflect by marginalizing a guy getting mvp votes because it makes your point look ridiculous... FACT the team was a perennial title contender and won a championship when shaq was there and when he left they couldn't get out of the first round

And I never said he won the mvp in the first place so why you woul bring that up as to insinuate I did is nothing more than a straw man ...? that you cats are forced to do when you have no logical point to make
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Not trying to cape for Nash cause Iverson is better, but bruh Nash played in the western conference his whole career. Iverson even in '01 wouldn't have sniffed the finals in the west bruh.

Did Iverson ever play with talent on the same level as prime Amare or Marion? could Steve Nash do what Iverson did in 01?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Your rambling ...

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

Have a good night ?

01 playoffs

? KYS...

You mean 15 ppg from the nbas 6th man of the year(which was 3ppg higher than his regular season average) isn't adequate help? Pippen put up 16ppg in the 96 finals and kobe 16 ppg in the 00 finals and the bulls and lakers won the title those were 2nd options Duke.It's hilarious how you skew arguments in your favor you stay conveniently selecting certain players(ie jumaine jones) or round averages down to prove your points.Iverson shot the ball 30x a game in the playoffs he took damn near 40% of his teams fga's I don't know how much more help you expect when one player is jackin shots like that and he still had TWO double digit scorers and damn near 3.Iverson had a top 5 defense/rebounding team,one of the greatest coaches ever,one of the best defensive bigs ever and the 6th man of the year on top of role players(lynch,hill,snow) playing their roles you don't make the finals shooting 39% from the field and taking 30 shots a game without help.

Pippen averaged 21/9/6 on 50% shooting through the entire 91 playoffs ... dont cherry pick one round ... get the ? out of here talking about skewing arguments

Kobe averaged 21/4.5/4.5 on 45% shooting through the entire 00 playoffs ... but youre cherry picking one round ... get the ? out of here talking about skewing arguments

Aaron Mckie averaged 14.6/5/5 on 41% shooting through the entire 01 playoffs ..... which was higher than his regular season average becuase he played more mins and he wasn't playing a sixth man role anymore but guess what ... HE SHOT THE BALL 6 POINTS WORSE IN THE PLAYOFFS DUMB ?

how the ? are you trying to equate these three players ... get the ? out of here ? ?