50 Greatest NBA Players: the Next Ten

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as the comparison goes I would have to give the slight edge to Wade ...the two are really equal in a lot of categories so it's not like you can go wrong with either one ...a lot of cats bringing up the rings ...well it's a little easier to win rings when you have played with Lebron James and Shaq as your teammates obviously

but as one of the posters stated earlier Wade was simply a much much more effecient scorer than Iverson (58% career TS compared to Iversons 52%) he scored easier than Iverson although he was a bit more turnover prone I'm going with Wade.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    K
    Lol at fieldgoal percentage being a factor in who is better but I agree wade is better than iverson

I'll take a 25ppg with 50% fgp over

30 ppg with a 40% fgp

Higher fgp means more efficient my g. Iverson was the 10-26est ass ? I have ever seen. Of course he gon drop 30 he shoot 30 times a game.

Ill take what I see, all im saying fg percentage is not a deciding factor one person might be a jump shooter another a slasher.. one might have shooters the other not so on and so forth

Where in my post did I say FG% was the deciding factor? Did I not mention him also being a better shooter, play maker and defender as well

So he wasn't a better shooter than Iverson and what are you basing this playmaking off of because it can't be assist where Iverson also has the advantage...that leaves your shaky "Wade was a better defender" argument

Ehhhhhhh Trillip looking shaky babyyy

Wade's J is better than Iverson. Wade's ability to consistently get to the basket and score on or off the ball. Wade is more versatile, stronger, and a better on ball defender. You starting a team, No Gm would take Iverson over Wade
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Lol...

Assist averages dont speak to playmaking ability

Really?

So giving your teammate the ball in a situation where he can score isn't making a play?

Name me a 10 asst player that wasn't a "playmaker" ...since there is apparently no correlation this should be easy ...lol

We are talking about wade and ai here either aaveraged 10 assist why are u stretching the parameters to 10 assist im just talking playmakingband I ididnt say zero correlation I also said there are passers and playmakers

I'm talking about the premise of your statement ...you said that asst don't equate playmaking ability ...ok ..well if that was true the more asst a player has would have no correlation to his ability to make plays

..so you should be able to find at least a few if not one example for me of a guy who has had at least 10asst (a bench mark number for someone who is good at setting up his teammates) that's not considered a playmaker ...if you can't do that your logic would seem mighty flimsy
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wade won 3 tiitles playing with the 2 most dominating players of this era

What's the infatuation with this weirdo ?

Put Iverson on those teams and they don't win. He would be jacking up 40 shots and shoots the team out of the game

I'm not infautated with Wade. I hate that washed up STD having flopping ? . Ask @Infamous114

But yall dudes underrate him. I'm starting to think yall didn't start watching Heat games till Lebron got there

What's your infatuation with Allen Iverson? Is it because he wore cornrolls and did commercial with Jadakiss? Is this something only ? who grew up in single mother homes can attest to? Stopping letting Nostalgia cloud you head
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not playing the what if game
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Wade won 3 tiitles playing with the 2 most dominating players of this era

What's the infatuation with this weirdo ?

Put Iverson on those teams and they don't win. He would be jacking up 40 shots and shoots the team out of the game

I'm not infautated with Wade. I hate that washed up STD having flopping ? . Ask @Infamous114

But yall dudes underrate him. I'm starting to think yall didn't start watching Heat games till Lebron got there

What's your infatuation with Allen Iverson? Is it because he wore cornrolls and did commercial with Jadakiss? Is this something only ? who grew up in single mother homes can attest to? Stopping letting Nostalgia cloud you head

This is hyperbole ... When he played with a young Carmelo in Denver as the secondary man he had the most effecient season of his entire career shooting 47% a full 5 points above his career average ..Carmelo also had the most effecient season of his entire career BY FAR shooting 50% that's what happens when you play with other quality talent.

You give that ? a 30 year old Shaq and they run thru the weak east ..which he did by himself already

Stop it.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? is up with yall and htis love affair with iverson. damn yall always got the what if excuse with this ? .

iverson was the ultimate me athlete in a team sport. you could pair him up with a duncan, kg, whoever it would never work.

he has to be the man to shoot all the shots, play 48 minutes. but you wont win a championship that way.

he could never duplicate that 01 season cuz its not the way to win a championship.

iverson must be yall ? father figures
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In what ways is Iverson better than wade?

And shizlansky spell check ?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    what the ? is up with yall and htis love affair with iverson. damn yall always got the what if excuse with this ? .

iverson was the ultimate me athlete in a team sport. you could pair him up with a duncan, kg, whoever it would never work.

he has to be the man to shoot all the shots, play 48 minutes. but you wont win a championship that way.

he could never duplicate that 01 season cuz its not the way to win a championship.

He won a confrence championship ironically something the "ultimate teammate" Steve Nash never could do ...... Interesting
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

They played their roll.

I can't stand when my kids play with their food.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kobe is that ? .

But he made the Lakers get rid of the greatest big man of all time so he can do it by himself.
  • detcatinva
    Options

He won a confrence championship ironically something the "ultimate teammate" Steve Nash never could do ...... Interesting

cuz he's better than nash ? . iverson's cultural impact on the image of basketball ushering the hip hop era. never backing down from being who he is as a man against the scrutiny of corprate america far suceeds what he accomplished as a basketball player.

that's why so many of yall ? swear by him even though he was a tremendously gifted individual player with a flawed concept of team basketball.

go ahead and use them ? advance metric stats he avged 7 assist a game ? . its irrelevant cuz he only made it out the first round once after that 01 season.

it has to be his way and when it wasnt his way he quit. he quit on the 76ers, he quit on the pistons, he quit on the grizzlies and that's why his career ended with such a dud.

dude should of humbled himself became a 6th man and he could have joined a contending team at the end of his career but he still had the ego of MVP iverson when he wasnt that anymore

and u wanna try and convince yourself that if he would have had better people on his team he would have won. nope iverson only knows one way to play and that is with a bunch of role players giving him the ball so he can do his thing
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmaoo he quit on them...you talking out the side of your neck

You the only one in her bringing up the what ifs

Facts is facts

He did average 7 assists/game 8 seasons, Carmelo was the best player he played with and it was at the end

He did have his most efficient season playing with the best player he got to play with
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

cuz he's better than nash ? . iverson's cultural impact on the image of basketball ushering the hip hop era. never backing down from being who he is as a man against the scrutiny of corprate america far suceeds what he accomplished as a basketball player.

that's why so many of yall ? swear by him even though he was a tremendously gifted individual player with a flawed concept of team basketball.

go ahead and use them ? advance metric stats he avged 7 assist a game ? . its irrelevant cuz he only made it out the first round once after that 01 season.

it has to be his way and when it wasnt his way he quit. he quit on the 76ers, he quit on the pistons, he quit on the grizzlies and that's why his career ended with such a dud.

dude should of humbled himself became a 6th man and he could have joined a contending team at the end of his career but he still had the ego of MVP iverson when he wasnt that anymore

and u wanna try and convince yourself that if he would have had better people on his team he would have won. nope iverson only knows one way to play and that is with a bunch of role players giving him the ball so he can do his thing

Your rambling ...

As I said earlier you tried to make a point about him not being able to win because of his mentality when that is clearly false considering he lead his teams further with less than a large amount of his contemporaries during his career Dwayne Wade couldn't "duplicate" his '06 season and was stuck in the first round until he got Lebron James to save his basketball life...again your speaking jibberish

You then said he couldn't play with another star which is also false considering his most effecient season was in Denver alongside Carmelo Anthony

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday
  • detcatinva
    Options

Your rambling ...

As I said earlier you tried to make a point about him not being able to win because of his mentality when that is clearly false considering he lead his teams further with less than a large amount of his contemporaries during his career Dwayne Wade couldn't "duplicate" his '06 season and was stuck in the first round until he got Lebron James to save his basketball life...again your speaking jibberish

You then said he couldn't play with another star which is also false considering his most effecient season was in Denver alongside Carmelo Anthony

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

fact he never got out the first round again duplicating that style. that 01 season was a magical ride. you cant win a championship with that style of play.

d wade is a better player than AI and im not basing that off of championships he just is a better player.

its funny cuz posters in the past when d wade was in his prime were saying he was better than kobe now that d wade is washed he's not getting respect
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol...

Really?

So giving your teammate the ball in a situation where he can score isn't making a play?

Name me a 10 asst player that wasn't a "playmaker" ...since there is apparently no correlation this should be easy ...lol

We are talking about wade and ai here either aaveraged 10 assist why are u stretching the parameters to 10 assist im just talking playmakingband I ididnt say zero correlation I also said there are passers and playmakers

I'm talking about the premise of your statement ...you said that asst don't equate playmaking ability ...ok ..well if that was true the more asst a player has would have no correlation to his ability to make plays

..so you should be able to find at least a few if not one example for me of a guy who has had at least 10asst (a bench mark number for someone who is good at setting up his teammates) that's not considered a playmaker ...if you can't do that your logic would seem mighty flimsy
    Listen what I mean is players like Iverson can average 8 assist or what have you and it be a function of them having the ball x amount of time.. he was a last resort passer.. not a " I see the way the defense is moving so let orchestrate the O"

Its nonsensical to have someone average 10 assist and not be a playmaker
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kobe is that ? .

But he made the Lakers get rid of the greatest big man of all time so he can do it by himself.

You guys don't want it wit dream, ask shaq he don't want it wit dream.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Your rambling ...

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

fact he never got out the first round again duplicating that style. that 01 season was a magical ride. you cant win a championship with that style of play.

d wade is a better player than AI and im not basing that off of championships he just is a better player.

its funny cuz posters in the past when d wade was in his prime were saying he was better than kobe now that d wade is washed he's not getting respect

Fact after the 06 season dwade never got out of the first round without lebron '06 was a magical ride but without someone as great as Shaq or Lebron on his team he couldn't win championships like that ...

Smh

Bruh just stop ...I done took your logic and dumped the ? right back on your head ...you can't escape this ? ...you simply cannot criticize AI for not getting out of the first round and not include Wade ...you can't make up facts they simply are what they are ..

AI lead his team to a finals appearance by himself Wade couldn't ...FACT

Have a good night ?
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When u add stats into the argument then u have to consider teammates, era, rules etc. If given the choice to select one player for one Win, I'm simply going with Iverson in his prime.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    But Wade is still a great player and deserves a spot on the list.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K
    Lol at fieldgoal percentage being a factor in who is better but I agree wade is better than iverson

30 ppg with a 40% fgp

Higher fgp means more efficient my g. Iverson was the 10-26est ass ? I have ever seen. Of course he gon drop 30 he shoot 30 times a game.

Ill take what I see, all im saying fg percentage is not a deciding factor one person might be a jump shooter another a slasher.. one might have shooters the other not so on and so forth

Where in my post did I say FG% was the deciding factor? Did I not mention him also being a better shooter, play maker and defender as well

So he wasn't a better shooter than Iverson and what are you basing this playmaking off of because it can't be assist where Iverson also has the advantage...that leaves your shaky "Wade was a better defender" argument

Wade's J is better than Iverson. Wade's ability to consistently get to the basket and score on or off the ball. Wade is more versatile, stronger, and a better on ball defender. You starting a team, No Gm would take Iverson over Wade

Wade ain't hit a jumper in 3 years.... Pumo fake pump fake pump fake. Wade from 10 was a beast. He ain't been that player since
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    Lol...

Really?

Listen what I mean is players like Iverson can average 8 assist or what have you and it be a function of them having the ball x amount of time.. he was a last resort passer.. not a " I see the way the defense is moving so let orchestrate the O"

Also needs to be noted that all those years in Philly A.I. was putting up numbers for a coach that didn't cater to his skills at all. Larry Brown wanted to keep the score in the 80's. Imagine if Iverson was playing with Dallas or Sac back in the early 2000's. C Webb, Iverson Blade and Peja????? Rings!

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    K

30 ppg with a 40% fgp

Wade ain't hit a jumper in 3 years.... Pumo fake pump fake pump fake. Wade from 10 was a beast. He ain't been that player since

Word. Ain't hit a jumper in 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okK6YKj_s2o
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options

That's number 1 innacauarte as iverson was a very able and good passer but it's also a very dismissive way to look at a players skill set.. c'mon now you can't last resort into 8asst a game brotha...now this is where your logic falls apart ...if it was merely a symptom of how often a player controls the possession you would see similar numbers from all players that control possessions at the same rate as Iverson ...but that's not the case Kobe Bryant never touched 8asst per game ...Carmelo Anthony never touched that number ...Paul Peirce .. high usage bigs like Shaq etc etc etc ..I can go all day ...so that just doesn't add up

Would Steve Nash's assist be critiqued that way since he held onto the ball so much?

Exactly so you agree that asst are correlated to play making ability as I said..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kobe is that ? .

You guys don't want it wit dream, ask shaq he don't want it wit dream.

3rd year player shaq gave dream the business.

They both couldn't stop each other though.