Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    what the ? is up with yall and htis love affair with iverson. damn yall always got the what if excuse with this ? .

iverson was the ultimate me athlete in a team sport. you could pair him up with a duncan, kg, whoever it would never work.

he has to be the man to shoot all the shots, play 48 minutes. but you wont win a championship that way.

he could never duplicate that 01 season cuz its not the way to win a championship.

iverson must be yall ? father figures

He won a confrence championship ironically something the "ultimate teammate" Steve Nash never could do ...... Interesting

cuz he's better than nash ? . iverson's cultural impact on the image of basketball ushering the hip hop era. never backing down from being who he is as a man against the scrutiny of corprate america far suceeds what he accomplished as a basketball player.

that's why so many of yall ? swear by him even though he was a tremendously gifted individual player with a flawed concept of team basketball.

go ahead and use them ? advance metric stats he avged 7 assist a game ? . its irrelevant cuz he only made it out the first round once after that 01 season.

it has to be his way and when it wasnt his way he quit. he quit on the 76ers, he quit on the pistons, he quit on the grizzlies and that's why his career ended with such a dud.

dude should of humbled himself became a 6th man and he could have joined a contending team at the end of his career but he still had the ego of MVP iverson when he wasnt that anymore

and u wanna try and convince yourself that if he would have had better people on his team he would have won. nope iverson only knows one way to play and that is with a bunch of role players giving him the ball so he can do his thing

Your rambling ...

As I said earlier you tried to make a point about him not being able to win because of his mentality when that is clearly false considering he lead his teams further with less than a large amount of his contemporaries during his career Dwayne Wade couldn't "duplicate" his '06 season and was stuck in the first round until he got Lebron James to save his basketball life...again your speaking jibberish

You then said he couldn't play with another star which is also false considering his most effecient season was in Denver alongside Carmelo Anthony

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

fact he never got out the first round again duplicating that style. that 01 season was a magical ride. you cant win a championship with that style of play.

d wade is a better player than AI and im not basing that off of championships he just is a better player.

its funny cuz posters in the past when d wade was in his prime were saying he was better than kobe now that d wade is washed he's not getting respect

AI lead his team to a finals appearance by himself Wade couldn't ...FACT

Have a good night ?

Iverson had the 6th man of the year,coach of the year,defensive player of the year on that team and a bunch of vets lol @ by himself
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I don't understand is how people are undermining the fact that A.I. played with certified bums in Philly. I mean, the only cat who gave him some kind of consistent offensive help was their 6th man Aaron Mckie..... Aaron Gotdamn Mckie!! lol.... Who else was gonna get buckets much less create their own shot??! The best big man he had was Mutombo (offensively limited) and that was for one year, plus he was very well into the twilight of his career, he jus milked the league for another 7 years or so after left. That is one of the most talent deficient teams I've ever seen make a finals and stay relatively the same throughout his career there. And not once did u ever hear Allen complain about the lack of talent he had or ? on his teammates.

Nikka made chicken salad AND chicken cordon bleu out of chicken ? if u ask me. Him and Wade is highly debatable to me, I could go either way w/ those two.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Wade won 3 tiitles playing with the 2 most dominating players of this era

What's the infatuation with this weirdo ?

Put Iverson on those teams and they don't win. He would be jacking up 40 shots and shoots the team out of the game

I'm not infautated with Wade. I hate that washed up STD having flopping ? . Ask @Infamous114

But yall dudes underrate him. I'm starting to think yall didn't start watching Heat games till Lebron got there

What's your infatuation with Allen Iverson? Is it because he wore cornrolls and did commercial with Jadakiss? Is this something only ? who grew up in single mother homes can attest to? Stopping letting Nostalgia cloud you head

This is hyperbole ... When he played with a young Carmelo in Denver as the secondary man he had the most effecient season of his entire career shooting 47% a full 5 points above his career average ..Carmelo also had the most effecient season of his entire career BY FAR shooting 50% that's what happens when you play with other quality talent.

You give that ? a 30 year old Shaq and they run thru the weak east ..which he did by himself already

Stop it.

That's cool and all but they got swept in the first round that year, didn't they?

Tell me why the replace him with Chauncy Billups the next year and go to the conference finals

Tp4ckII.gif
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited October 2014
    Options
    When u add stats into the argument then u have to consider teammates, era, rules etc. If given the choice to select one player for one Win, I'm simply going with Iverson in his prime.

You make it seem like they played decades apart
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Go look at iversons 01 playoff run 15 of the 21 games he played in he shot below 40% he had ONE game out of 21 with double digit assists

Look at wades 06 run 5 of the 23 games he played in he shot less than 40% and had 4 games of double digit assists

Wade can defend better,is a better playmaker,better finisher,more clutch,can draw fouls better.It's hilarious a few years ago ? were on here arguing wade was equal or better than lebron but now he's not better than iverson.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go look at iversons 01 playoff run 15 of the 21 games he played in he shot below 40% he had ONE game out of 21 with double digit assists

Look at wades 06 run 5 of the 23 games he played in he shot less than 40% and had 4 games of double digit assists

Wade can defend better,is a better playmaker,better finisher,more clutch,can draw fouls better.It's hilarious a few years ago ? were on here arguing wade was equal or better than lebron but now he's not better than iverson.

HOW SWAY?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? is up with yall and htis love affair with iverson. damn yall always got the what if excuse with this ? .

iverson was the ultimate me athlete in a team sport. you could pair him up with a duncan, kg, whoever it would never work.

he has to be the man to shoot all the shots, play 48 minutes. but you wont win a championship that way.

he could never duplicate that 01 season cuz its not the way to win a championship.

He won a confrence championship ironically something the "ultimate teammate" Steve Nash never could do ...... Interesting

cuz he's better than nash ? . iverson's cultural impact on the image of basketball ushering the hip hop era. never backing down from being who he is as a man against the scrutiny of corprate america far suceeds what he accomplished as a basketball player.

that's why so many of yall ? swear by him even though he was a tremendously gifted individual player with a flawed concept of team basketball.

go ahead and use them ? advance metric stats he avged 7 assist a game ? . its irrelevant cuz he only made it out the first round once after that 01 season.

it has to be his way and when it wasnt his way he quit. he quit on the 76ers, he quit on the pistons, he quit on the grizzlies and that's why his career ended with such a dud.

dude should of humbled himself became a 6th man and he could have joined a contending team at the end of his career but he still had the ego of MVP iverson when he wasnt that anymore

and u wanna try and convince yourself that if he would have had better people on his team he would have won. nope iverson only knows one way to play and that is with a bunch of role players giving him the ball so he can do his thing

Your rambling ...

As I said earlier you tried to make a point about him not being able to win because of his mentality when that is clearly false considering he lead his teams further with less than a large amount of his contemporaries during his career Dwayne Wade couldn't "duplicate" his '06 season and was stuck in the first round until he got Lebron James to save his basketball life...again your speaking jibberish

You then said he couldn't play with another star which is also false considering his most effecient season was in Denver alongside Carmelo Anthony

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

fact he never got out the first round again duplicating that style. that 01 season was a magical ride. you cant win a championship with that style of play.

d wade is a better player than AI and im not basing that off of championships he just is a better player.

its funny cuz posters in the past when d wade was in his prime were saying he was better than kobe now that d wade is washed he's not getting respect

Have a good night ?

Iverson had the 6th man of the year,coach of the year,defensive player of the year on that team and a bunch of vets lol @ by himself

I thought you weren't responding to my post? What happened ...you not mad at me no more Wile E Bilfiger?
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade is better by good margin... ppl bringing up Shaq & Lbj to try and knock Wade but Shaq isn't winning a title w/o another top 5 player and leagues best role players on his team that's a fact.... Lbj has yet to prove he can win w/o Wade...

When you look at the individuals Ai had the more flashy game by a slim margin bc he gave zero ? about running the team system but Wade is more talented at everything besides that carry crossover Ai got...
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Your rambling ...

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

Have a good night ?

I thought you weren't responding to my post? What happened ...you not mad at me no more Wile E Bilfiger?

Pertaining to should the bulls resign butler and for how much nah I aint responding to nothin you gotta say on that we don't agree so I left it that
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Put Iverson on those teams and they don't win. He would be jacking up 40 shots and shoots the team out of the game

I'm not infautated with Wade. I hate that washed up STD having flopping ? . Ask @Infamous114

But yall dudes underrate him. I'm starting to think yall didn't start watching Heat games till Lebron got there

What's your infatuation with Allen Iverson? Is it because he wore cornrolls and did commercial with Jadakiss? Is this something only ? who grew up in single mother homes can attest to? Stopping letting Nostalgia cloud you head

This is hyperbole ... When he played with a young Carmelo in Denver as the secondary man he had the most effecient season of his entire career shooting 47% a full 5 points above his career average ..Carmelo also had the most effecient season of his entire career BY FAR shooting 50% that's what happens when you play with other quality talent.

You give that ? a 30 year old Shaq and they run thru the weak east ..which he did by himself already

Stop it.

That's cool and all but they got swept in the first round that year, didn't they?

Tell me why the replace him with Chauncy Billups the next year and go to the conference finals

Tp4ckII.gif

Irrelevant has zero to do with what I was talking about in that quote ..additionally there were other deficiencies with that team ...and Iverson wasn't the only piece that changed on Denver the next year

Btw... tell me ... since you want to compare ...What did Chauncey And Melo Win?

Not a got damn thang ....didn't even get as far as Iverson did on his own

If you gone free post in here my ? at least make the ? humorous like Tommy does
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    And if you even remotely knew what you were talking about you would know that it was the tension between George Karl and Allen that got him shipped outta town ...not any on court issues with Melo as I said ...

But hey...why would I expect ? to know what their talking about right?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Wade is better by good margin... ppl bringing up Shaq & Lbj to try and knock Wade but Shaq isn't winning a title w/o another top 5 player and leagues best role players on his team that's a fact.... Lbj has yet to prove he can win w/o Wade...

When you look at the individuals Ai had the more flashy game by a slim margin bc he gave zero ? about running the team system but Wade is more talented at everything besides that crry crossover Ai got...

Nobody wins by themselves ....that's the point ....
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One reason Iverson is better than Wade is that he played at a top level for longer.
    You cant say Iverson couldn't defend because he got steals as a "free safety".
    Free Safeties don't play defense?

Iverson was a better passer, more steals, better long range shooter, demanded more double teams
    and never shut it down the way Wade has done on some "let Lebron do it cuz he's supposed to be the best"
    type ? .

Shaq in that vid, putting Penny, Kobe, Ray Allen & T-Mac over him on that list should tell you something.

Some ? just hate Iverson.
    Good assist stats "that doesn't have anything to do with playmaking ability"
    good steals stats " he cant defend"

So if this ? led the league in blocks, what would you say?

If you say Wade is better because of the rings, then, ok.
    And AI is a combo guard. He obviously played 1 and 2.
    And btw, Wade's natural position is also combo guard.
    Before Bron, he handled much of his teams ballhandling.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited October 2014
    Options

Stop it.

Tp4ckII.gif

Irrelevant has zero to do with what I was talking about in that quote ..additionally there were other deficiencies with that team ...and Iverson wasn't the only piece that changed on Denver the next year

Huh?

Someone mentioned D Wade only won cause he played with elite players like Shaq and Lebron. I responded by saying he wouldn't win either one or any elite player because his game is a black hole. You quoted me mentioning him playing with Carmelo, and I showed you that you prove my point, he couldn't win with another elite player.

And what did Chauncey and Melo ever win? Nothing, but at least they won one playoff game against the Lakers
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you say Wade had help, so did Kobe. FACTS.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    One reason Iverson is better than Wade is that he played at a top level for longer.
    You cant say Iverson couldn't defend because he got steals as a "free safety".
    Free Safeties don't play defense?

Iverson was a better passer, more steals, better long range shooter, demanded more double teams
    and never shut it down the way Wade has done on some "let Lebron do it cuz he's supposed to be the best"
    type ? .

Shaq in that vid, putting Penny, Kobe, Ray Allen & T-Mac over him on that list should tell you something.

Some ? just hate Iverson.
    Good assist stats "that doesn't have anything to do with playmaking ability"
    good steals stats " he cant defend"

So if this ? led the league in blocks, what would you say?

If you say Wade is better because of the rings, then, ok.
    And AI is a combo guard. He obviously played 1 and 2.
    And btw, Wade's natural position is also combo guard.
    Before Bron, he handled much of his teams ballhandling.
    Talk to these ? mane

Wade had a 7 year stretch as a top player he was the guy for 2 maybe 3 of those seasons
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Your rambling ...

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

Have a good night ?

Pertaining to should the bulls resign butler and for how much nah I aint responding to nothin you gotta say on that we don't agree so I left it that
    Well I'm glad to see your off that Emo ? tommy ...good for you...temper tantrums are unbecoming in grown men

But let me just go ahead and slap that dum ass point you tried to make around right quick ...as usual ..You said AI didn't do it himself ...he had COTY DPOY 6thManOY .........."and some vets" ....lol ? are you on drugs ...

01 playoffs
    Aaron Mckie 14/5/5 on 41% shooting ....this was his second option btw 14/5/5 on 41% shooting for a second option ? are you ? serious right now? This is what you call adequate help?

Wade averaged 18/4/4 on 50% shooting this playoff and y'all call him "D-Washed" but watch out now big tommy says AI had the Calvary because Aaron Mckie was dropping 14/5/5 on ? ...I mean how can AI lose with that right?

? KYS...

Lol @ "some vets" oh I know ...you must be talking about big game Jermain Jones and his whopping 5.5points on 40% shooting or Tyron Lue and his 7.2ppg on 40% shooting and we can't forget about clutch city Matt Gieger lighting it up with 3.2ppg

Damn dog helluva point you got right dere doe! team was ? loaded!

Btw how did having a coach of the year help lebron out in Cleveland? It's like when Mike Browns baldy headed ass was out there just draining those 3's to help keep Bron alive that's when I knew how important that COTY was baby!

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    FOH ? ....ima have to start calling you Mr.Irrelevant like they do to the last ? in the draft cos that's essentially the gist of your post

Now look.... take this Tripple digit jersey

nfl_a_salata_gb1_576.jpg

... and get yo ass on somewhere before I give you a nuggie Lil ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited October 2014
    Options

Your rambling ...

Facts >>> Dumb ? Logic

All Day.Everyday

Have a good night ?

Well I'm glad to see your off that Emo ? tommy ...good for you...temper tantrums are unbecoming in grown men

But let me just go ahead and slap that dum ass point you tried to make around right quick ...as usual ..You said AI didn't do it himself ...he had COTY DPOY 6thManOY .........."and some vets" ....lol ? are you on drugs ...

01 playoffs
    Aaron Mckie 14/5/5 on 41% shooting ....this was his second option btw 14/5/5 on 41% shooting for a second option ? are you ? serious right now? This is what you call adequate help?

Wade averaged 18/4/4 on 50% shooting this playoff and y'all call him "D-Washed" but watch out now big tommy says AI had the Calvary because Aaron Mckie was dropping 14/5/5 on ? ...I mean how can AI lose with that right?

? KYS...

Lol @ "some vets" oh I know ...you must be talking about big game Jermain Jones and his whopping 5.5points on 40% shooting or Tyron Lue and his 7.2ppg on 40% shooting and we can't forget about clutch city Matt Gieger lighting it up with 3.2ppg

Damn dog helluva point you got right dere doe! team was ? loaded!

Btw how did having a coach of the year help lebron out in Cleveland? It's like when Mike Browns balled headed ass was out there just draining those 3's to help keep Bron alive that's when I knew how important that COTY was baby!

I was talkin bout eric snow,tyrone hill,george lynch.The east sucked then the final four teams were the raptors,hornets,sixers and bucks.Sixers were top 5 in rebounding and defense that year iverson with mutumbo and mckie with the defense and players playing their roles is why the sixers won the east.He aint do jack by himself was he the main scorer by design? Yea mutumbo put up 14 and 14 wit 3 blocks and mckie put up like 15 wit others doing their parts foh ?
  • blu197
    Options
    Did i see somebody say Ai is better than Nash? Lmaoo
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Stop it.

Tp4ckII.gif

Huh?

Someone mentioned D Wade only won cause he played with elite players like Shaq and Lebron. I responded by saying he wouldn't win either one or any elite player because his game is a black hole. You quoted me mentioning him playing with Carmelo, and I showed you that you prove my point, he couldn't win with another elite player.

And what did Chauncey and Melo ever win? Nothing, but at least they won one playoff game against the Lakers

Denver was never a championship caliber team before or after AI was there and when he left they still didn't get further than what did he did on his own..comparing what happened there with him in one season at age 32 to what would happen If you would have given him shaq in his prime or lebron & bosh (which is the hypothetical scenario we were actually talking about) is silly ...you brought up a single season outlier trying to legitimize an overarching assumption ...by your logic I guess it would have been safe to say Lebron couldn't win with wade after they lost in 2011 right? Or that Jordan couldn't win with Pippen because it took 4 years right? It was one season ? ..

It's silly ....a Miami team with prime Shaq or prime lebron is a much different situation as both of those players were VASTLY superior to a 23 year old Carmelo ...that's what I was referring to when I said you give him a 30 year old Shaq while AI is still in his prime and he's winning ..that was my main point ..the only reason I brought up Melo in the first place is to show that Iverson could coexist with another star which some didn't think would be possible ..like I said trying to use Denver as an indictment on his ability to play with other stars is some half baked ?
  • blu197
    Options
    Shaq was in his prime when he went to Miami? lol in 06' Shaq missed over 20 games and avg 13 and 10 in the Finals, that's ROLE PLAYER numbers..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Shaq was in his prime when he went to Miami? lol in 06' Shaq missed over 20 games and avg 13 and 10 in the Finals, that's ROLE PLAYER numbers..

he posted 23/10 and was 2nd in the MVP race the year he arrived in Miami only losing by a handful of votes (robbed)
    during the 06 season he posted 20/9 and in the playoffs in 06 he posted 19/10 on 60% shooting
    ..lol @ 19/10 being role player numbers ...

in the finals D-Wade cannot roam wild without the presence of Shaq sucking in the defense ..which is what happened after the mavs were afraid he would dominate them like he did the Pistons in the ECF where he posted 22/10.5

... dont be silly little dude

• blu197
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Shaq was not in his prime at any point in Mia, his rookie numbers are better than 23/10..

In the FINALS he avg 13/10 not 19/10, Role player numbers bruh..