50 Greatest NBA Players: the Next Ten

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Pierce nd ray aint in da "pretty good" category tho they were just a tier below da best from their generation. Both stayed consistent for a while nd could score in multiple ways in their prime

Yeaaaa, so that was kind of the point in me posting all that.

We can say opinions in,diff ways, but the stats dont lie. They were never THE best, never elite.

And a 'tier' is a pretty big drop of in a conversation of 60 greatest. I mean a 'tier' would imply not top 40-50 or 50-60, but 60-70+...so, sounds like you agree with me

And yes, Ray, Pierce, and somewhat Reggie imo fall into all stars who played a looong time. Thats not a diss! But they definitely dont belong in the category of Elite

Gary Payton, Kidd, Durant, Wade were all better historically at their peak than those guys
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, B.

Pierce led his team to a championship, where, he outplayed Kobe Bryant for the title, head to head.
    That's legendary ? .

Let's remember what Hakeem vs Ewing did. Hakeem vs Robinson. Jordan vs Drexler. Webber vs Barkley.

Those head to head matchups in big time series with people with similar statistics, MATTER BIG TIME.

If Reggie would've beat Kobe in the Pacers vs Lakers finals, his career would be seen in a different way.

Give Pierce his props.

We'll talk about Kobe's finals numbers vs AI, Pierce, Reggie and Rip later.
    I don't think those numbers is what yall think, LOL.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Pierce nd ray aint in da "pretty good" category tho they were just a tier below da best from their generation. Both stayed consistent for a while nd could score in multiple ways in their prime

We can say opinions in,diff ways, but the stats dont lie. They were never THE best, never elite.

And a 'tier' is a pretty big drop of in a conversation of 60 greatest. I mean a 'tier' would imply not top 40-50 or 50-60, but 60-70+...so, sounds like you agree with me

And yes, Ray, Pierce, and somewhat Reggie imo fall into all stars who played a looong time. Thats not a diss! But they definitely dont belong in the category of Elite

Gary Payton, Kidd, Durant, Wade were all better historically at their peak than those guys

Pierce averaged at least 25ppg for 8 years, how is dat not elite? Dude was a 10 time all star for a reason, ur slighting both pierce nd ray sayin they were neva elite
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pierce averaged at least 25ppg for 8 years, how is dat not elite? Dude was a 10 time all star for a reason, ur slighting both pierce nd ray sayin they were neva elite

No he didn't
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Nah, B.

Pierce led his team to a championship, where, he outplayed Kobe Bryant for the title, head to head.
    That's legendary ? .

Let's remember what Hakeem vs Ewing did. Hakeem vs Robinson. Jordan vs Drexler. Webber vs Barkley.

Those head to head matchups in big time series with people with similar statistics, MATTER BIG TIME.

If Reggie would've beat Kobe in the Pacers vs Lakers finals, his career would be seen in a different way.

Give Pierce his props.

We'll talk about Kobe's finals numbers vs AI, Pierce, Reggie and Rip later.
    I don't think those numbers is what yall think, LOL.

I swear time does a crazy thing to yall mfers.

Like Zeke said, there were nggas that had teams on their BACK, then their were nggas who was in the passenger seat. Now PP wasnt in the passenger seat, but that ngga was co-pilot

Now what did he do when it was HIS team? Fact: Ngga paul pierce was Joe Johnson status for a GOOD 6, 7 years before KG.Yes ngga, i said that. Meaning, all stars apps, points, respect from his peers as a great scorer...and 6 seeds!. . Same with Ray Allen in Seattle

Ai, Cwebb, GP, miller put their 'no HOF temmates' teams on their back doe! Conf finals and finals, losin to top 10 players. Why couldnt PP and Ray?!?!?!?!!

And we're not slighting anyone we're differentiating. Everyone cant be 'elite'

And w/ all due respectyour opinion of them bein elite means nothing, i posted those 1st team nba selections for a reason. If u never had even ONE u were never elite. Everybody else got it doe, even Tmac (same era and conference as PP, ether). How can you even argue that.
  • bignorm
    Options
    What was Garnett like before joinging Pierce? Their careers were similar. I'll go with Co-Pilots, but ? go to far with giving Garnett those Chips. Garnett never had a championship pedigree before the Celts.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Garnett ass being a jump shooting post player and ? but folk felt sorry for him and give him sympathy passes and act like Minn dont count. took all the money like Larry Fitz with the Cardinals
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was Garnett like before joinging Pierce? Their careers were similar. I'll go with Co-Pilots, but ? go to far with giving Garnett those Chips. Garnett never had a championship pedigree before the Celts.

Good little debate y'all got going on here good points on both sides
  • BlackAX410
    Options

No he didn't

5 times i was on my phone at work posting dat was off da top of my head, playas ? up too
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Last point ima make about pierce yall say he was neva great or elite, yet in 01-02 he lead da league in total points scored, he also has a Celtics record for most consecutive 30 point games including 50 on LeBron during dat stretch. Im convinced a lot of yall didn't watch pre big 3 pierce like dat lls
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when pierce dropped 46 in the 2nd half of a game vs the nets
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Pierce was that ? with toine team success was hard to come by... but he wasnt joe johnson status he was always one if the better players in the league Is body control use to be ridiculous with the contact layups he use to make especially for his build
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Tim Duncan
    3. LeBron James
    4. Allen Iverson
    5. Kevin Garnett
    6. Dominique Wilkins
    7. Jason Kidd
    8. Dwyane Wade
    9. Gary Payton
    10. Dirk Nowitzki

Wanted to put Pierce in there, but couldn't find a slot for him. The players listed were either much better than Pierce prime to prime, had a better career than him, or a little bit of both.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Nique being better than Pierce ..hmmm ? is definitely not clear cut for Nique if for him at all

• bignorm
    Options
    Pierce was the dude who was not scared of, and outdueled at times: Kobe Lebron & Vince. Not sure if he ? on Wade in his prime, I think Wade used to get the better of him, but I wouldn't be surprised if yall found that he did.

He to me has a stronger case than Jason Kidd.

Kidd, Payton, Nash and Parker kind of cancel each other out.
    (oh yeah, ? , yall forgot about Tony P.)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierce was the dude who was not scared of, and outdueled at times: Kobe Lebron & Vince. Not sure if he ? on Wade in his prime, I think Wade used to get the better of him, but I wouldn't be surprised if yall found that he did.

Wade would never guard PP

That would be easy money
  • bignorm
    Options
    Nique being better than Pierce ..hmmm ? is definitely not clear cut for Nique if for him at all

You smoking dope ? .

On an unrelated note: Cot damn Kemp ? on Clyde Drexler early in this vid
  • bignorm
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Wade would never guard PP

That would be easy money

both ways tho. Pierce didn't have near the foot quickness to guard a Pre-Washed Wade.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

you really think Nash and Parker are in the same class as Payton and Kidd as PG's?
  • bignorm
    Options

you really think Nash and Parker are in the same class as Payton and Kidd as PG's?

I think, when you line up their accomplishments, Yes.
    As far as who I think? Payton >Kidd>Nash>Parker.

But, Parker had the most championships, and one some of those was the dominant player.
    Nash has 2 MVP's, and probably as good as or better career assist numbers.
    Payton was the best total player, and led Sonics to the championship round
    Kidd- led his team(s) to championship round as well. I think kidd is overrated slightly as well.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Hell yeah they are on on par...

They all are different too
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

But, Parker had the most championships, and one some of those was the dominant player.
    Kidd- led his team(s) to championship round as well. I think kidd is overrated slightly as well.

Parker and Nash weren't complete players ...they didn't impact the game nearly in the same way that Kidd and Gary did defensively ...they were/are turnstiles ...if your going to compare them I believe you should include all facets of the game and when you do that I don't know how you see Nash and Parker on a same tier as GP and Kidd
  • bignorm
    Options

Parker and Nash weren't complete players ...they didn't impact the game nearly in the same way that Kidd and Gary did defensively ...they were/are turnstiles ...if your going to compare them I believe you should include all facets of the game and when you do that I don't know how you see Nash and Parker on a same tier as GP and Kidd

All facets of the game?
    Nash is by FAR the best shooter out of the group.
    Parker, the best penetrator
    Parker/Payton the best scorers
    Payton by far the best defender.
    Kidd was a good defender, but was better at defending 2 Guards. Point guards
    got to the rack on Kidd pretty easily. He relied on his size more than his feet.
    Kidd and Parkers shooting was a liability for half their careers.
    Late, Kidd could only shoot and could no longer create off the dribble.

I agree Nash and parker are not as good as the first two, but, you cant ignore championships, international play & MVP's. Parker out here winning chips with a Washed Duncan and Kawaii Leonard ? .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow

What do you got against Kidd that you in here disrespecting him like this
  • bignorm
    Options
    Kidd's a team killer. If not, post up some testimonials by teammates saying he's a good leader or teammate.
    Even the Net's shipped him out ASAP. He didn't become a good teammate or leader until he was washed, when he needed to do that to keep cashing checks. And-- I'm still saying he better than anyone we talking about except Payton.