who better? westbrook or iverson

Options

Comments

• Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't think a player who is 6'7 has advantage over a player who is 6'1 then your parents failed you

So how is it then when comparing two players height actually hurts the taller player on here? Short man pity?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Also if you are gonna compare stats between AI and Russ, you have to consider that AI averaged for his career 41.1 minutes per game. Russ is averaging 33.9 minutes. Big advantage if you just glimpse at their numbers.

I said I was done with this thread when cuzz said Larry Brown wanted AI to shoot bad shots so the team could get the offensive board. LMAO. WORST STRATEGY EVER! ? you think Brown left for? Tired of cheese steaks or tired of Iverson?

1. So now someone who is tough enough to Play more minutes has it count against him? Russ can't play 41 minutes, so he doesn't. I see a lot of "ifs" with russ in this thread, but let's talk about certainties with iverson

Iverson had more ppg, spg, and .4 less assists after his seventh season than russ. And fg% is basically the same.

He had 5 all nba teams, russ had 3 with 0 first teams

He had an mvp and a finals apperance on which he played lights out. Russ did make the finals, but didn't play particularly well, russ has no mvps

Russ had the superior talent on his team.

So after judging based on this after seven seasons we can only come to one conclusion, seven years in iverson >>> westbrook

All this east was ? , he shot to much, if this, if that...dont matter

All this analysis of how career ended dont matter, all this conjecture is irrelevant. If you compare the first seven years its no comparison.

2) as for brown having good offensive strategy. Lolol. I never said it was a good strategy to have iverson shoot for the bricks. Lololol. I think it's hard to win that way and I do wish iverson had been less stubborn, cause he'd still be playing right now. Had he used his gifts more like steph curry currently does, but I'm just saying, the misses were encouraged. That's all.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    If you don't think a player who is 6'7 has advantage over a player who is 6'1 then your parents failed you

So how is it then when comparing two players height actually hurts the taller player on here? Short man pity?

Not really because I wasn't disagreeing with him when I brought up height even though he didn't support that statement with facts, you can make an argument for any of those guys being the better scorer, but AI being under 6 feet isn't an excuse it's a fact, so if anything they shouldn't be compared in the first place
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also if you are gonna compare stats between AI and Russ, you have to consider that AI averaged for his career 41.1 minutes per game. Russ is averaging 33.9 minutes. Big advantage if you just glimpse at their numbers.

I said I was done with this thread when cuzz said Larry Brown wanted AI to shoot bad shots so the team could get the offensive board. LMAO. WORST STRATEGY EVER! ? you think Brown left for? Tired of cheese steaks or tired of Iverson?

1. So now someone who is tough enough to Play more minutes has it count against him? Russ can't play 41 minutes, so he doesn't. I see a lot of "ifs" with russ in this thread, but let's talk about certainties with iverson

Iverson had more ppg, spg, and .4 less assists after his seventh season than russ. And fg% is basically the same.

He had an mvp and a finals apperance on which he played lights out. Russ did make the finals, but didn't play particularly well, russ has no mvps

So after judging based on this after seven seasons we can only come to one conclusion, seven years in iverson >>> westbrook

All this analysis of how career ended dont matter, all this conjecture is irrelevant. If you compare the first seven years its no comparison.

2) as for brown having good offensive strategy. Lolol. I never said it was a good strategy to have iverson shoot for the bricks. Lololol. I think it's hard to win that way and I do wish iverson had been less stubborn, cause he'd still be playing right now. Had he used his gifts more like steph curry currently does, but I'm just saying, the misses were encouraged. That's all.

A true Iverson fan would know that he would get ? when he was taken out of the game so they let him play. He really took it personal and it was just best to let him get his PT. He said it himself that he should of rested more during the regular season. How do you know Russ can't play 41 minutes? Smart players and coaches let their players rest. All that other ? you typed is about accomplishments and does not give a reason why AI is a better basketball player than Russ. If player A is on an inferior team and gets to play and shoot as much as he wants, then he is gonna have better stats than player B who is on a better team that has more weapons. Really not hard to figure out.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk why what happened after the finals appearance for iverson matters

we are witnessing right now what stressbrook does with even better talent as the main option

forced shots bad basketball iq, ? that'd prolly be .500 at best across an 82 game season.

and that happens every time durant misses time
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

A true Iverson fan would know that he would get ? when he was taken out of the game so they let him play. He really took it personal and it was just best to let him get his PT. He said it himself that he should of rested more during the regular season. How do you know Russ can't play 41 minutes? Smart players and coaches let their players rest. All that other ? you typed is about accomplishments and does not give a reason why AI is a better basketball player than Russ. If player A is on an inferior team and gets to play and shoot as much as he wants, then he is gonna have better stats than player B who is on a better team that has more weapons. Really not hard to figure out.

Ok so on comparing player a and b after x amount of years...you don't talk about their accomplishments or their stats unless they both were in same exact situation and played sane exact number of minutes.

Got it

Guess we can never compare anything then. Close thread and forum.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even see how this is a question. Westbrook does what he does, and he's good, but he does as part of a good team. On top of that he has a top 3 player on the team with him. When Durant is down, they have a losing record, so it ain't even like Westbrook can lead a winning team on his own.

Iverson (per game)

Pts - 26.7
    Assists - 6.2
    Rebounds - 3.7
    Steals - 2.2
    Blocks - 0.2

Westbrook

Points - 20.8
    Assists - 7.0
    Rebounds - 5.1
    Steals - 1.7
    Blocks - 0.3

Westbrook seems to be a slightly better at assisting and rebounding. Iverson was a better scoring and that's saying something since the league now is more scorer friendly even than when Iverson was playing.
  • O.G.
    Options

we are witnessing right now what stressbrook does with even better talent as the main option

forced shots bad basketball iq, ? that'd prolly be .500 at best across an 82 game season.

Last years OKC roster when KD was playing and Russ was hurt is better than the roster Russ is playing with while KD is hurt. Agree or nah?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Last years OKC roster when KD was playing and Russ was hurt is better than the roster Russ is playing with while KD is hurt. Agree or nah?

nah, kanter, waiters, morrow, augustin, NO PERKINS is an upgrade imo
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russ has a winning record when KD is not playing.
  • O.G.
    edited March 2015
    Options

nah, kanter, waiters, morrow, augustin, NO PERKINS is an upgrade imo

Those guys only been there a few weeks tho. When KD was in charge of the team last year. The roster and rotations were set. Everybody knew their roles. The team playing now is still getting adjusted to each other due to trades and injury. When Russ was out last year KD could count on Reggie to get buckets and Ibaka is not having a great year. He is becoming a spot up 3 point shooter. Not sure he should be doing that. Lamb knew his role last year. This year he barely gets any tick. Russ does not have the same squad KD ran with. It's gonna take a minute before they all click. I will say that about any team that makes mid-season trades.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hell the ? no

Are you serious ?

Lamb and perry Jones were getting important minutes
  • O.G.
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ok so on comparing player a and b after x amount of years...you don't talk about their accomplishments or their stats unless they both were in same exact situation and played sane exact number of minutes.

Got it

Maybe in your o/p you should of asked "who has the better career". You could of saved a lot of time for everyone.

And you even agree that Russ could do what AI did in Philly.
    Westbrooks is also the first small guard I've seen that I think could have also taken that ? 76ers squad to the finals.

That is what a lot of us have been saying this entire thread.
  • O.G.
    edited March 2015
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Hell the ? no

Are you serious ?

This year they ain't. They were at the start when both KD and Russ were out but now they stuck on the bench. Jones is wack anyways.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

Got it

Maybe in your o/p you should of asked "who has the better career". You could of saved a lot of time for everyone.

Westbrooks is also the first small guard I've seen that I think could have also taken that ? 76ers squad to the finals.

I wrote what I felt like. My goal ain't to save time for you. Log your ass off. Pause.

I said I THINK he could. I didn't day he could. And yes, I consistently have given Westbrook his props, I wouldn't have made the thread of I didn't respect him.

And im comparing iverson first seven years to Westbrook first seven. I think that is a very valid an accurate comparison.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They was losing left and right without KD and Russ.

So there goes that good team ? .
  • O.G.
    edited March 2015
    Options

Got it

I wrote what I felt like. My goal ain't to save time for you. Log your ass off. Pause.

I said I THINK he could. I didn't day he could. And yes, I consistently have given Westbrook his props, I wouldn't have made the thread of I didn't respect him.

And im comparing iverson first seven years to Westbrook first seven. I think that is a very valid an accurate comparison.

Do you think Iverson would have the accomplishments (mvp, scoring titles etc.) if he played his first 7 years with KD? Don't forget Harden was on the team also.
  • R.D.
    Options

Hell the ? no

Are you serious ?

This year they ain't. They were at the start when both KD and Russ were out but now they stuck on the bench. Jones is wack anyways.

Yet they were both counted on last year

I seriously don't even understand if you're serious right now because this supporting cast is clearly better

They added Morrow, Waiters, DJ, and Kanter and lost Perkins and Rggie

That's a clear upgrade
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Russ has a winning record when KD is not playing.

Not this year, at least not last time I checked.
  • O.G.
    Options

Hell the ? no

Are you serious ?

I seriously don't even understand if you're serious right now because this supporting cast is clearly better

That's a clear upgrade

Those guys been on the team a few weeks tho. They are still getting adjusted to each other. KD did not have to play with any new guys last year. Talent wise of course this team is better but not right now. Not until they figure out their roles.
    KD,Reggie,Ibaka & Lamb last year>>>>> Russ,Waiters,Ibaka,Morrow this year
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are people comparing career stats like the roster, coaches, etc. were/are the same? Or like Westbrook's career isn't just beginning? Stats can help lead you in the right direction, but that's not act like they're the end all, be all, especially when context is not being weighted heavily enough.

I hold AI at a much higher rank than Westbrook. Westbrook hasn't done enough to be put in HOF talks, let alone be compared with a first ballot HOF. He needs way more time under his belt to even begin to compare.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

Got it

Do you think Iverson would have the accomplishments (mvp, scoring titles etc.) if he played his first 7 years with KD? Don't forget Harden was on the team also.

I have no idea how you fault a guy for doing more with less.
  • R.D.
    Options

Hell the ? no

Are you serious ?

That's a clear upgrade

Those guys been on the team a few weeks tho. They are still getting adjusted to each other. KD did not have to play with any new guys last year. Talent wise of course this team is better but not right now. Not until they figure out their roles.
    KD,Reggie,Ibaka & Lamb last year>>>>> Russ,Waiters,Ibaka,Morrow this year

You sound ? ridiculous lmaooo

You're done
  • O.G.
    Options

Got it

I have no idea how you fault a guy for doing more with less.

I have no idea why you didn't answer the question.