who better? westbrook or iverson

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't argue about basketball with Young nighad.gas.g
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    He had Melo and got bounced out the first round.

So there goes the help theory.

That was on the downside of his career. Compare westbrook at this age vs iverson at the same age.

That's 10 years.

Kobe was killing after 10
    LBJ james killing 10 years in
    MJ killing 10 years in
    Duncan killing 10 years in

I can name all the greats 10 years into their career still balling.

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol its obvious ? who come in here just posting off crazy ? without reading prior posts... which WOULD'VE detailed where the argument has gotten.

Nah Son wrote: »
    Yall crazy man

Let Westbrook carry a team full of role players to the finals then we can talk. AI was one Shaq injury away from leading that ? ass team to the title

Let Westbrook win a MVP then we can talk

Let Westbrook win 4 scoring titles

Let Westbrook average over 30 pts a season

How many All NBA first teams Westbrook got? AI got 4

All career accomplishments.

What did we have to say about career accomplishments??

coop9889 wrote: »

Meh. "All time great" is heavily accomplishment based. Russ just entering his prime....

The only debate to be had in this thread is a skill based comparison.

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yall crazy man

Let Westbrook carry a team full of role players to the finals then we can talk. AI was one Shaq injury away from leading that ? ass team to the title

I love Westbrook but he been playin second fiddle to KD all these years and now hes balling for a month and yall wanna put him over the GOAT lil man in the league with Isaiah

Theres a reason he was probably your favorite players favorite player growing up
    Parallel wrote: »
    The greatest player ever for how small he was. Tough as hell never backed down from nobody. Carried his team.

What Westbrook do so far in his career

This is why I don't respect the Iverson arguments. People will say whatever they can about him to glorify him.

I was never even an Iverson fan but he carried that team with no help.

He was a great player

How can this post have three nosigns? I'm in awe b

Maybe if russ didnt play with the got damn scoring champ he would do these things then you sonned your own point if he's playing 2nd fiddle to Durant how do you expect him to win scoring titles or an mvp? Lol this dude said scoring titles from a player who's 2nd fiddle to the best scorer in the nba.If russ was on his own he'd have an mvp just like fellow inefficient ball hogs derrick rose and iverson

You iverson fans are struggling

Just proves my point. AI in his prime was the top scorer in the game, he wouldnt have to play second fiddle to nobody in those years.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol its obvious ? who come in here just posting off crazy ? without reading prior posts... which WOULD'VE detailed where the argument has gotten.

Yall crazy man

Meh. "All time great" is heavily accomplishment based. Russ just entering his prime....

Its about the same thing. Dont you get your career accomplishments based on your skills?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall crazy man

I love Westbrook but he been playin second fiddle to KD all these years and now hes balling for a month and yall wanna put him over the GOAT lil man in the league with Isaiah

Theres a reason he was probably your favorite players favorite player growing up
    The greatest player ever for how small he was. Tough as hell never backed down from nobody. Carried his team.

This is why I don't respect the Iverson arguments. People will say whatever they can about him to glorify him.

He was a great player

Maybe if russ didnt play with the got damn scoring champ he would do these things then you sonned your own point if he's playing 2nd fiddle to Durant how do you expect him to win scoring titles or an mvp? Lol this dude said scoring titles from a player who's 2nd fiddle to the best scorer in the nba.If russ was on his own he'd have an mvp just like fellow inefficient ball hogs derrick rose and iverson

Just proves my point. AI in his prime was the top scorer in the game, he wouldnt have to play second fiddle to nobody in those years.

He would to durant.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall crazy man

He was a great player

Another garbage terrible point Iverson shot 25,28,27,25,24 shots a game in his prime HE NEVER HAD TOO

Russ is leading the nba in scoring right now and for the 1st time in his career is shooting 20+ shots a game(21).If iverson ever played with durant he'd be 2nd fiddle too.
  • coop9889
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yall crazy man

Its about the same thing. Dont you get your career accomplishments based on your skills?

Lol you aren't comprehending.

If you have two great players with similar skills, the player whose career is finished (15 years in the game) should obviously have more accolades than the player who is just entering his prime (7 years in the game). It wouldn't make sense to compare accomplishments. But you can compare skills at this point.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook >

Scoring - tie
    Passing - Russ
    Rebounding - Russ
    Defense - Russ

If nobody in the next 10-15 comments addresses how this is wrong I think we're done here.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You foolin if you dont think AI would be the #2 option next to KD.

KD is 6'11 with crazy range and handles like a guard. I can count on my hand the number of players who would take his spot as #1 option.

Shaq
    MJ
    Lebron (maybe)

Thats probably about it.
    Yall crazy man

He was a great player

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats funny cuz some really think westbrook is as good as durant
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook >

Scoring - tie
    Passing - Russ
    Rebounding - Russ
    Defense - Russ

If nobody in the next 10-15 comments addresses how this is wrong I think we're done here.

Already been done you ? ?
  • coop9889
    Options
    thats funny cuz some nobody that knows anything about basketball really think westbrook is as good as durant

Fixed
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also larry brown even explained away iversons misses, he said they wanted him to shoot more, they could get offensive boards and putbacks that way. Brown said a lot of those missed shots should have been assists, they built plays offa iverson just getting off bad shots but hitting the rim lightly so they could get a putback.

Before you laugh that this is absurd, realize that this brought them to 50+ wins every year and the nba finals.

Oh...my...goodness
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick, other than the heavenly 1-4 Finals win-loss, what was AI's next most successful season?
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Westbrook >

Scoring - tie
    Passing - Russ
    Rebounding - Russ
    Defense - Russ

Already been done you ? ?

Calm down.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall crazy man

He was a great player

A.I isn't a better scorer than kobe or tmac.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Yall crazy man

He was a great player

He's also not 6'7
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Yall crazy man

He was a great player

He's also not 6'7

Oh didn't know height had anything to do with scoring
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Quick, other than the heavenly 1-4 Finals win-loss, what was AI's next most successful season?

The Pound for Pound champ could not get his team past the second round after '01. He could not lead his team to a 50 win season in the weak ass East after '01. Seems to me that, if he was as feared and dominate as people say he was, then he would be able to drag at least one more squad past the second round. However he did rack up a lot of points tho.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

The Pound for Pound champ could not get his team past the second round after '01. He could not lead his team to a 50 win season in the weak ass East after '01. Seems to me that, if he was as feared and dominate as people say he was, then he would be able to drag at least one more squad past the second round. However he did rack up a lot of points tho.

He's not 6'7 lolololol
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also if you are gonna compare stats between AI and Russ, you have to consider that AI averaged for his career 41.1 minutes per game. Russ is averaging 33.9 minutes. Big advantage if you just glimpse at their numbers.

I said I was done with this thread when cuzz said Larry Brown wanted AI to shoot bad shots so the team could get the offensive board. LMAO. WORST STRATEGY EVER! ? you think Brown left for? Tired of cheese steaks or tired of Iverson?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If you don't think a player who is 6'7 has advantage over a player who is 6'1 then your parents failed you
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't think a player who is 6'7 has advantage over a player who is 5'11 then your parents failed you

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't argue about basketball with Young nighad.gas.g
    He had Melo and got bounced out the first round.

So there goes the help theory.

That was on the downside of his career. Compare westbrook at this age vs iverson at the same age.

That's 10 years.

Kobe was killing after 10
    LBJ james killing 10 years in
    MJ killing 10 years in
    Duncan killing 10 years in

I can name all the greats 10 years into their career still balling.

What about Westbrook...what was he doing in his 10th year?

Yeah....sso let's compare what we can compare ? .

Stop reaching.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

He's not 6'7 lolololol

TMac NEVER led his team past the first round and was the scoring champ twice to AI's 4.....lolololol