who better? westbrook or iverson

Options

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we comparing career accomplishments or the player?
    There's a reason why I GOATed this post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's dumb to compare accomplishments when one still has a bunch of years left, arguably ENTERING HIS PRIME.
    O.G. wrote: »
    What makes AI a better player than Russ?

This question needs to be answered, taking accomplishments out of the equation.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Im convinced ? jus don't like Russ cuz he doesn't defer to KD lol

im convinced ? really think russ is better than kd and will let him slide for the same things they'll criticize other players for. or in other words, im convinced ? are delusional

Funny cuz you never told me why KD is better than Russ and you stickin up for AI
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't tell if people are describing Iverson or a white wide receiver with these ? labels just to ha e something to say.

"real passionate player, always goes hard, gives it his all, plays with his heart. "
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    If his career continues the arch its on now, Westbrook, EASY

As far as best small player, Isaiah>>>>>AI by a mile.

You have to remember, AI was shootin 42% w/ 100% green light

RW with that, for a career, basicaly would have career stats like his past month

Isaiah would have done everything AI did but with better %.
    Russ>>>>>>>Iverson.Y'all stay dickridin iverson just cuz you grew up with struggle braids that couldnt grow past your earlobes

Westbrook out here doing ? that hasnt been done since da Goat did it and he's in an era that's deep with pg's that he routinely dominates.Iverson better my ass FOH

Tell these ? ... ? keep askin if we watched Iverson... Are yall ? really watching Westbrook right now?! Or just lookin at box scores and thinkin he just havin a good run?

? we really watchin, westbrook so great he barely can beat a d-league quality team last night, isaiah cannan and washed j-rich droppin BUCKETS on a "better defender"

like i said YALL let the triple doubles fool yall into thinkin 14-37 is "all time great run" foh

01 playoffs Iverson - 10-31,5-26,10-32,5-27,8-27,6-24,18-41 to name a few

Bu bu but He led his team to the finals so we can overlook these struggle %'s and say he didn't have help.NO player shooting these garbage %'s is taking a team to the finals without help this ? went 18 FOR 41 and 5 FOR 27 In playoff games but since he crossed lue,jordan had jadakiss in his commercials and rocked braids y'all say it's cool

I'd take Russ over iverson and I'd take russ over Rose too

idc about braids or jadakiss in commercials, thats like sayin since russ wear uglass clothes like yall its cool. i aint sayin overlook them numbers either, but russ do the same ? SAME PERCENTAGES and can barely win regular season games WITH MORE HELP than a.i. had. but yall say its cool. he even do the same ? when kd is playin then yall ride ? and say ? EFFICIENCY, ALPHA RUSS, HE PLAY LIKE I DO ON THE PLAYGROUND, foh. russ not leading no team nowhere with that kinda ?

See this is where y'all have to WATCH games.Fucc box scores and fg/fga's.I watched russ wreak havoc on tony parker in game 5 of the wcf,I witnessed russ destroy my ? chris paul on both ends of the floor at the end of game 5 of the 2nd round and he stole the ball from conley for the game tying bucket in the 1st round and he did this while droppin triple doubles in the Playoffs!!!! Duke is a beast man ? saying he couldn't lead the sixers with their top 5 defense,top 5 rebounding,the coach of the year,6th man and defensive player of the year in that weak ass east when duke out here bodying cats in the super competitive west? ? please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkoGsmABRaA

Look at this ? game on the line and russ takes money.Btw russ fg is 46% in the playoffs

? do watch games, russ is a beast, but he needs to make better decisions plus he has a great "fallback" option in kevin durant. yall keep bringin up top defense, 6th man, defensive player, when russ had the mvp on his team, b4 that the scoring champion/6th man, and an all nba defender on his team. well no wonder they makin ? happen in the super competitive west despite russ wild ass play. please ? . talm bout watch games, i be seeing that ? u talm bout, russ goin off, i also be seein okc lose after ? shot after ? shot while durant(the obvious number 1 option) hollin for the ball. hollat me when russ 46% in the playoffs as a number 1 option

Roolie year....http://youtu.be/dRHc6WSbZHM
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

im convinced ? really think russ is better than kd and will let him slide for the same things they'll criticize other players for. or in other words, im convinced ? are delusional

Funny cuz you never told me why KD is better than Russ and you stickin up for AI

some things shouldnt have to be explained bruh.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Can't tell if people are describing Iverson or a white wide receiver with these ? labels just to ha e something to say.

"real passionate player, always goes hard, gives it his all, plays with his heart. "

lmao no ones even sayin this u just reading what u wanna read cuz u dont want him to be better

on top of that all that can describe stressbrook as well
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Funny bcuz that describes Russ also.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options
    and i know yall just saw that lack of basketball iq stressbrook just displayed for that 4th quarter, but he supposed to be the pg makin players better, had a wide open ibaka who was playin well and helpin
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shooting. Tie

Finishing at the rim. Russ

Passing. Russ

Rebounding. Russ

Defense. Russ

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and i know yall just saw that lack of basketball iq stressbrook just displayed for that 4th quarter, but he supposed to be the pg makin players better, had a wide open ibaka who was playin well and helpin

That last play was poor play design and good defense by the Bulls. If Moore misses the shot you wouldn't even bring up the 4th qtr. Be honest.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

That last play was poor play design and good defense by the Bulls. If Moore misses the shot you wouldn't even bring up the 4th qtr. Be honest.

id bring it up, it'd just be him making crazy decisions in a win, much like he does when kd plays.

the play b4 that he had ibaka begging for the ball wide open. i have a strong feeling ibaka would have missed anyway but still.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cant really blame Russ for being a second option. Look at the ? hes doing as the number 1 option. 4 straight triple doubles aint nothing to scoff at.

Someone had a good point. If dude had a team where he had the green light like AI did, these are the type of numbers he would put up.

AI is that dude no doubt. One of my favorite players ever. He influenced a generation like Dr J and MJ did. No one is taking away what he did but yall be giving dude a pass like no other. Seriously I aint never seen a ? get a pass like AI.

Im taking Russ. AI does nothing better imo and thats not a knock. Russ might be chucking that ? but he giving you defense, rebounds, assists. Dude is relentless
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Shooting. Tie

Finishing at the rim. Russ

Passing. Russ

Rebounding. Russ

Defense. Russ

I'd love to see somebody show how this is wrong.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao so basically you don't have a strong argument
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Youre an idiot if you really expect ? to have to tell you why KD is better than Russ

And how is Russ a better scorer, passer, and defender than AI
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

the fact that u even have to ask that is so dumb, that ion even feel like wasting time. cuz i refuse to believe u serious.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    You cant really blame Russ for being a second option. Look at the ? hes doing as the number 1 option. 4 straight triple doubles aint nothing to scoff at.

Someone had a good point. If dude had a team where he had the green light like AI did, these are the type of numbers he would put up.

AI is that dude no doubt. One of my favorite players ever. He influenced a generation like Dr J and MJ did. No one is taking away what he did but yall be giving dude a pass like no other. Seriously I aint never seen a ? get a pass like AI.

Im taking Russ. AI does nothing better imo and thats not a knock. Russ might be chucking that ? but he giving you defense, rebounds, assists. Dude is relentless

lol idk how, westbrook is the ? gettin the pass now
  • sthiphop101
    sthiphop101 Members Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options
    iverson must be unpopular on this board

some of these posts are slick disrespectful

put westbrook on a team by himself for a whole season he not doin what iverson did.

hell he can barely do it now with kd missing games, and his supporting cast is better

Brave as ? for making claims like this after he has his 4th triple double in a row lmfao

and only 2 of them were wins.... smh.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm amazed you ppl can take a second fiddle who has had a nice six week run and put him ahead of a first ballot hall of famer

Those of you saying Westbrook is much better...Iverson carried a team for years and terrorized the nba, putting fear into every opponents hearts like he was shaq during his peak run

In the 2001 playoffs he put on a show, dropping 40+ and 50 a couple out times as he played lights out ball

Putting up numbers on a historic playoff run is very important, having great Analytics all season its great, but westbrook has not done the post season out of his mind playing yet. Iverson had already done that his fifth year.

If westbrook can keep his current pace up for a full season and an extended playoff run then I will be willing to put him over iverson, but we all know there is no way he can keep this up...he will either get injured or tire himself out.

Lastly, we can't look past the rules changes. Iverson played in a time that was much more physical. Guys were laid out, esp little guards driving the lane. Iverson would routinely get up and keep coming. Westbrook and these current guys, you can't touch em, watch the old iverson highlights and see how much punishment he takes. If iverson played in today's nba where they can't touch you, he might have damn near fifty a night.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm amazed you ppl can take a second fiddle who has had a nice six week run and put him ahead of a first ballot hall of famer

Those of you saying Westbrook is much better...Iverson carried a team for years and terrorized the nba, putting fear into every opponents hearts like he was shaq during his peak run

In the 2001 playoffs he put on a show, dropping 40+ and 50 a couple out times as he played lights out ball

Putting up numbers on a historic playoff run is very important, having great Analytics all season its great, but westbrook has not done the post season out of his mind playing yet. Iverson had already done that his fifth year.

If westbrook can keep his current pace up for a full season and an extended playoff run then I will be willing to put him over iverson, but we all know there is no way he can keep this up...he will either get injured or tire himself out.

Lastly, we can't look past the rules changes. Iverson played in a time that was much more physical. Guys were laid out, esp little guards driving the lane. Iverson would routinely get up and keep coming. Westbrook and these current guys, you can't touch em, watch the old iverson highlights and see how much punishment he takes. If iverson played in today's nba where they can't touch you, he might have damn near fifty a night.

LOL @ Iverson putting fear in ? smh
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if AI was 6'3 & Westbrook was 6'0?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This post is absolutely terrible you're a dickrider who's putting iverson on a personal pedestal and you're exposing how much you don't watch basketball.Russ BEEN doin this ? for years he had 3 triple doubles in the playoffs last year and dropped 43 in the '12 finals fucc is you talking about

All these iverson defenders are gettin sonned in this thread
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ay what if Russ played in the early 00s when it wasn't the golden era of PGs? And what if A.I was prominent today? Would he be monta Ellis?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This post is absolutely terrible you're a dickrider who's putting iverson on a personal pedestal and you're exposing how much you don't watch basketball.Russ BEEN doin this ? for years he had 3 triple doubles in the playoffs last year and dropped 43 in the '12 finals fucc is you talking about

1. You Charles Barkley?

2. My own personal pedal? Westbrook himself says iverson is better. He was mvp. He is first ballot hall of famer. He is the guy charles, kenny, jordan, shaq, webber, etc say will be in the next ten added for greatest fifty players of all time, yet this is my own personal pedestal? If we were discussing john starks, ok. We discussing a first ballot hall of famer tho.

3. You russ lovers take a hot streak and act like it's the end all be all, you also discount what iverson has done like it ain't ? , well if it aint ? why hasn't russ done it? Iverson was all nba first or second team five times by his seventh season. Russ has been second team three times and first team never. Iverson had an mvp his fifth season, russ hasn't. Iverson led nba in scoring three times by his seventh season, russ hasn't. Iverson led nba in steals three times by his seventh season, russ hasn't led once.

If you like russ and don't like iverson, fine. But don't let the way his career ended make you think iverson wasn't ? . A lot of y'all Russ lovers are being straight up disrespectful.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. You Charles Barkley?

2. My own personal pedal? Westbrook himself says iverson is better. He was mvp. He is first ballot hall of famer. He is the guy charles, kenny, jordan, shaq, webber, etc say will be in the next ten added for greatest fifty players of all time, yet this is my own personal pedestal? If we were discussing john starks, ok. We discussing a first ballot hall of famer tho.

3. You russ lovers take a hot streak and act like it's the end all be all, you also discount what iverson has done like it ain't ? , well if it aint ? why hasn't russ done it? Iverson was all nba first or second team five times by his seventh season. Russ has been second team three times and first team never. Iverson had an mvp his fifth season, russ hasn't. Iverson led nba in scoring three times by his seventh season, russ hasn't. Iverson led nba in steals three times by his seventh season, russ hasn't led once.

If you like russ and don't like iverson, fine. But don't let the way his career ended make you think iverson wasn't ? . A lot of y'all Russ lovers are being straight up disrespectful.

Stop mentioning career accomplishments when iverson is a washed 39 year old alcoholic who's been out the league for 5 years and russ is a 26 year old entering his prime we'll have that debate in 7-8 years.I'm talking better player russ is better than iverson he's a better overall player.Better finisher,better defender(both gambled too much and aren't great defenders),better rebounder,better shooter they were equal passers.Russ on attack mode is damn near unstoppable he's a triple double threat every game.

Russ hasn't been 1st team cuz he's been in the nba with chris paul,kobe,wade and rose.Guards make 1st teams not just pg's.