who better? westbrook or iverson

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Iverson wishes he was as good overall as Westbrook. ? that finals run iverson had. That's all that gets brought up in his career and that was in 2001.what about the next 6-7 Years of homie career? Lebron took a team to the finals too and got destroyed too but he got ? on, when iverson did it its "damn he's the best pound for pound" and all that BS.

? iverson

u act like he wasnt still dominating in scorin after that lol, and when he finally got on a team with some help he his most efficient years, meanwhile stressbrook take shots away from his help and ? up games. what iverson do to u? lol
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    If his career continues the arch its on now, Westbrook, EASY

As far as best small player, Isaiah>>>>>AI by a mile.

You have to remember, AI was shootin 42% w/ 100% green light

RW with that, for a career, basicaly would have career stats like his past month

Isaiah would have done everything AI did but with better %.
    Russ>>>>>>>Iverson.Y'all stay dickridin iverson just cuz you grew up with struggle braids that couldnt grow past your earlobes

Westbrook out here doing ? that hasnt been done since da Goat did it and he's in an era that's deep with pg's that he routinely dominates.Iverson better my ass FOH

Tell these ? ... ? keep askin if we watched Iverson... Are yall ? really watching Westbrook right now?! Or just lookin at box scores and thinkin he just havin a good run?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options

RW with that, for a career, basicaly would have career stats like his past month

Russ>>>>>>>Iverson.Y'all stay dickridin iverson just cuz you grew up with struggle braids that couldnt grow past your earlobes

Westbrook out here doing ? that hasnt been done since da Goat did it and he's in an era that's deep with pg's that he routinely dominates.Iverson better my ass FOH

Tell these ? ... ? keep askin if we watched Iverson... Are yall ? really watching Westbrook right now?! Or just lookin at box scores and thinkin he just havin a good run?

? we really watchin, westbrook so great he barely can beat a d-league quality team last night, isaiah cannan and washed j-rich droppin BUCKETS on a "better defender"

like i said YALL let the triple doubles fool yall into thinkin 14-37 is "all time great run" foh, he aint makin no one better he damn near stat chasing like rondo
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? we really watchin, westbrook so great he barely can beat a d-league quality team last night, isaiah cannan and washed j-rich droppin BUCKETS on a "better defender"

like i said YALL let the triple doubles fool yall into thinkin 14-37 is "all time great run" foh

01 playoffs Iverson - 10-31,5-26,10-32,5-27,8-27,6-24,18-41 to name a few

Bu bu but He led his team to the finals so we can overlook these struggle %'s and say he didn't have help.NO player shooting these garbage %'s is taking a team to the finals without help this ? went 18 FOR 41 and 5 FOR 27 In playoff games but since he crossed lue,jordan had jadakiss in his commercials and rocked braids y'all say it's cool

I'd take Russ over iverson and I'd take russ over Rose too
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    They are both great players that played under different sets of rules in diff eras?

Iverson played under rules that gave defenses more freedom to knock your ass down and not get fined. It would be interesting to see him play under today's rules because a lot of common fouls in 2001 are suspensions in 2015. A blow to the head is automatic flagrant foul now. Back then, shiiiiiit!

But Westbrook is playing in a league now that is catering all the rules for exciting guard play, so this gives him an advantage in the rules. Remember back 2004, Pacers, Pistons, Miami, New York. ? it was so common to see teams scoring under 80 points. Defenses were brutal compared to now.

Both great players.

Russ reckless aggression out of control style helps him out, a lot of the time the ? gets bailed out & plenty of free throws because hes so wild.

No different than young d wade and james harden
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options

like i said YALL let the triple doubles fool yall into thinkin 14-37 is "all time great run" foh

Bu bu but He led his team to the finals so we can overlook these struggle %'s and say he didn't have help.NO player shooting these garbage %'s is taking a team to the finals without help this ? went 18 FOR 41 and 5 FOR 27 In playoff games but since he crossed lue,jordan had jadakiss in his commercials and rocked braids y'all say it's cool

idc about braids or jadakiss in commercials, thats like sayin since russ wear uglass clothes like yall its cool. i aint sayin overlook them numbers either, but russ do the same ? SAME PERCENTAGES and can barely win regular season games WITH MORE HELP than a.i. had. but yall say its cool. he even do the same ? when kd is playin then yall ride ? and say ? EFFICIENCY, ALPHA RUSS, HE PLAY LIKE I DO ON THE PLAYGROUND, foh. russ not leading no team nowhere with that kinda ?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate in the moment ass basketball fans. Same lame ? around this ? talkin down on Zeke cuz he was the Knicks G.M. but don't know fam is one of if not thee greatest point guard in N.B.A history.

I can't believe this thread has been made.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

idc about braids or jadakiss in commercials, thats like sayin since russ wear uglass clothes like yall its cool. i aint sayin overlook them numbers either, but russ do the same ? SAME PERCENTAGES and can barely win regular season games WITH MORE HELP than a.i. had. but yall say its cool. he even do the same ? when kd is playin then yall ride ? and say ? EFFICIENCY, ALPHA RUSS, HE PLAY LIKE I DO ON THE PLAYGROUND, foh. russ not leading no team nowhere with that kinda ?

See this is where y'all have to WATCH games.Fucc box scores and fg/fga's.I watched russ wreak havoc on tony parker in game 5 of the wcf,I witnessed russ destroy my ? chris paul on both ends of the floor at the end of game 5 of the 2nd round and he stole the ball from conley for the game tying bucket in the 1st round and he did this while droppin triple doubles in the Playoffs!!!! Duke is a beast man ? saying he couldn't lead the sixers with their top 5 defense,top 5 rebounding,the coach of the year,6th man and defensive player of the year in that weak ass east when duke out here bodying cats in the super competitive west? ? please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkoGsmABRaA

Look at this ? game on the line and russ takes money.Btw russ fg is 46% in the playoffs
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look at this ? game on the line and russ takes money.Btw russ fg is 46% in the playoffs

Cant compare percentages as Westbrook is the 2nd option on his own team.

Iverson was a one man wreckin crew and the other teams were still helpless.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Man cut this ? out. You take Russell Westbrook and put him on the Allen Iverson team that went to the finals.. They don't go that far.. Period.. And thats not to diss Russy.. Thats just to say Iverson is that dude!

And to the ? that said Russy is a better defensive player that Ivo ? yaself.. Iverson was always among the league leaders in steals..

Put AI on the OKC team and Conley,Lilliard,Curry,Lawson,Parker and CP3 would score all day on him. I won't even mention the SG's he would sometimes get cross-matched against. These are the dudes Russ has to deal with every night. The PG position is way better than when AI was playing.

If an undersized SG can take Philly to the Finals, how the hell an even more athletic and stronger guard can't take the same team to the finals?

I'm a Sixers fan and I watched AI damn near every night. He was terrible as an on ball defender. He got his steals from leaving his man and jackin some big dude or playing passing lanes. So many times he would gamble on the passing lane and miss just to watch his man get an easy shot. Don't even think about him fighting through screens. And if his shot ain't falling alot of times he would gamble even more on D just so he could get easy points. Steals is not the best way to determine if a player is a good defender. I watched this ? damn near quit in a game when Sam Cassell kept posting his ass up and scoring on him at will. AI was almost in tears. I was there. It was pitiful. So many 9 for 27 with 3 assists games on his resume'. I'm a huge AI fan but he ain't ? with Westbrook as a player.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    To the ? sayin we caught in the moment I bet ? said the same ? when Jordan and wilt had their triple double streaks and them ? top 10 all time so miss me with that ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at AI having no help.. Mutombo was Perrineal All Star (East Starting Center in ATL traded to Philly that year) and Defensive Player of The Year. Aaron Mckie was 6th Man of the Year and Larry Brown was coach of the year.

AI of style of play could never mesh with a legit 2nd option. Philly Tried to pair him with another guy Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Toni Kuckoc, Keith Van Horn, Chris Webber, Andre Igudola they all failed.

• O.G.
    Options
    One simple fact that can't be ignored.

Russ is playing in the West.
    AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

See this is where y'all have to WATCH games.Fucc box scores and fg/fga's.I watched russ wreak havoc on tony parker in game 5 of the wcf,I witnessed russ destroy my ? chris paul on both ends of the floor at the end of game 5 of the 2nd round and he stole the ball from conley for the game tying bucket in the 1st round and he did this while droppin triple doubles in the Playoffs!!!! Duke is a beast man ? saying he couldn't lead the sixers with their top 5 defense,top 5 rebounding,the coach of the year,6th man and defensive player of the year in that weak ass east when duke out here bodying cats in the super competitive west? ? please

? do watch games, russ is a beast, but he needs to make better decisions plus he has a great "fallback" option in kevin durant. yall keep bringin up top defense, 6th man, defensive player, when russ had the mvp on his team, b4 that the scoring champion/6th man, and an all nba defender on his team. well no wonder they makin ? happen in the super competitive west despite russ wild ass play. please ? . talm bout watch games, i be seeing that ? u talm bout, russ goin off, i also be seein okc lose after ? shot after ? shot while durant(the obvious number 1 option) hollin for the ball. hollat me when russ 46% in the playoffs as a number 1 option
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

A.I. Wins a title playing against the Kings instead of one the greatest teams ever in the Lakers....Facts

Cut this ? out
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

A.I. Wins a title playing against the Kings instead of one the greatest teams ever in the Lakers....Facts

Cut this ? out

What?

Lmao

Everybody knew what ever team came out the west was gon win until Detroit came along.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Lol at AI having no help.. Mutombo was Perrineal All Star (East Starting Center in ATL traded to Philly that year) and Defensive Player of The Year. Aaron Mckie was 6th Man of the Year and Larry Brown was coach of the year.

AI of style of play could never mesh with a legit 2nd option. Philly Tried to pair him with another guy Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Toni Kuckoc, Keith Van Horn, Chris Webber, Andre Igudola they all failed.

yet when a.i. played with melo he had his most efficient year. yall gotta get the muthafuck outta here with aaron mckie and mutumbo, not sayin they bad but kd/ibaka/waiters>>>>
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    To the ? sayin we caught in the moment I bet ? said the same ? when Jordan and wilt had their triple double streaks and them ? top 10 all time so miss me with that ?

so westbrook on they level huh? man sit down
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta go with GOATbrook here. Not taking anything away from Iverson he's an all time great, but I'll take the guy who can do everything AI can do, play better defense, grab more rebounds, and is three inches taller.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook is a a second option on a championship team...what we talking about

OKC could've had Russ whole year and they still would be no greater than 5th seed right now w/o KD
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Is KD?
  • O.G.
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

Cut this ? out

If it never happened how is it a fact?

Fact. They split that year. Philly won when we had Theo Ratliff in OT and lost when we had Mutombo in a blowout.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

? do watch games, russ is a beast, but he needs to make better decisions plus he has a great "fallback" option in kevin durant. yall keep bringin up top defense, 6th man, defensive player, when russ had the mvp on his team, b4 that the scoring champion/6th man, and an all nba defender on his team. well no wonder they makin ? happen in the super competitive west despite russ wild ass play. please ? . talm bout watch games, i be seeing that ? u talm bout, russ goin off, i also be seein okc lose after ? shot after ? shot while durant(the obvious number 1 option) hollin for the ball. hollat me when russ 46% in the playoffs as a number 1 option

I agree russ be wilin with his decision making and he turns the ball over a lot which is why he's not the best pg in the nba to me that's Chris Paul still.

The bolded is false you act like durant doesn't turn passive vs stronger perimeter defenders.Tony allen was giving durant fits in the 1st round and held him under 42% in 4 out the 7 games he aint screaming for the ball like that.They both need each other
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Is KD?

nah, i hope i didnt imply that he was.

but he is>>westbrook
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

yet when a.i. played with melo he had his most efficient year. yall gotta get the muthafuck outta here with aaron mckie and mutumbo, not sayin they bad but kd/ibaka/waiters>>>>

They never got out the first round in Denver and doesn't negate the fact he could never help develop or co exist with a 2nd option during his prime.

LMAO and Smh at dismissing Mutombo he will be a first ballot hall of famer on April 6th one of the greatest shot blockers and defensive Centers in NBA History Mutombo>>> Ibaka and lmao Waiters.