who better? westbrook or iverson

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iverson wishes he was as good overall as Westbrook. ? that finals run iverson had. That's all that gets brought up in his career and that was in 2001.what about the next 6-7 Years of homie career? Lebron took a team to the finals too and got destroyed too but he got ? on, when iverson did it its "damn he's the best pound for pound" and all that BS.

? iverson
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Why ? say AI had no help when he had the DPOY and 6th man on that squad

Come on man
    The ppl in this thread he compared to are cp3 and westbrook

Cp3 teammates = deandre jordan, jamal crawford, blake Griffin

Russ teammates = harden, ibaka, durant, reggie jackson

Iverson philly teammates = dikembe, aaron mckie, eric snow, larry hughes

Come on man, I dont care who won dpoy or 6th man, look at that sorry ? . If you were playing pick up at park which set of those teammates would you want? No way in hell anyone in this thread is taking those 76er bums
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Iverson wishes he was as good overall as Westbrook. ? that finals run iverson had. That's all that gets brought up in his career and that was in 2001.what about the next 6-7 Years of homie career? Lebron took a team to the finals too and got destroyed too but he got ? on, when iverson did it its "damn he's the best pound for pound" and all that BS.

? iverson

In rating his legacy how can you say disregard the mvp year. Lol. That makes absolutely no sense.

"Hey man take away all those rings jordan got and the mvps and that ? . Outside of that, he isn't ? !!!"
  • Beta
    Options
    ? that MVP

Derrick rose got a mvp and Steve Nash has 2
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    ? that MVP

And they're good too
    So what's your point?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Come on man

Come on man, I dont care who won dpoy or 6th man, look at that sorry ? . If you were playing pick up at park which set of those teammates would you want? No way in hell anyone in this thread is taking those 76er bums

It's 2 different time periods the way talent is graded is different now Larry Hughes wasn't a ? he was part of the reason we made it to the finals in the first place and if u really pickin any of them big men over Dikembe your crazy
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta go with Westbrook.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

Come on man

It's 2 different time periods the way talent is graded is different now Larry Hughes wasn't a ? he was part of the reason we made it to the finals in the first place and if u really pickin any of them big men over Dikembe your crazy

Larry wasn't on the team the finals year...I was just naming guys he had in philly those years. Mutombo was 56 when he was with iverson. No way you'd take those guys over the other teams I mentioned.

I don't care how you evaluate talent. In no universe is 56 year old mutombo, any age mckie or snow or larry, better than durant, blake, deandre Jordan

Gtfoh
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iverson must be unpopular on this board

some of these posts are slick disrespectful

put westbrook on a team by himself for a whole season he not doin what iverson did.

hell he can barely do it now with kd missing games, and his supporting cast is better

cs Im seeing all these Westbrook votes like wtf

Iverson may have been a volume shooter but I never saw him take as many bad/out of control shots as westbrook does

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

put westbrook on a team by himself for a whole season he not doin what iverson did.

hell he can barely do it now with kd missing games, and his supporting cast is better

Chuck up a bunch of shots like AI

But play better Defense, rebound and pass.

ehhhh...
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Come on man

Larry wasn't on the team the finals year...I was just naming guys he had in philly those years. Mutombo was 56 when he was with iverson. No way you'd take those guys over the other teams I mentioned.

I don't care how you evaluate talent. In no universe is 56 year old mutombo, any age mckie or snow or larry, better than durant, blake, deandre Jordan

Gtfoh

I was referring to the cavs with the Larry statement and your downplaying how good mutumbo was DJ best year isnt even better than dikembe at 34 he could actually make free throws on top of protecting the rim and rebounding at a high level
  • Beta
    Options
    ? that MVP

And they're good too
    So what's your point?

? that ? that's my point
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we comparing career accomplishments or the player?
  • Beta
    Options
    Are we comparing career accomplishments or the player?

The player

Westbrook >>>>>> iverson
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will take Russ bcuz Russ can do what AI can do on the offensive end ,but AI can't do what Russ can do on the defensive end. Russ has alot of duties on both ends of the court. He's asked to guard CP3,Lilliard or one of the Splash Bros. while handling the point guard duties and score 20 plus.

Iverson has the better accomplishments (so far) but I think Russ is the better player.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

cs Im seeing all these Westbrook votes like wtf

Iverson may have been a volume shooter but I never saw him take as many bad/out of control shots as westbrook does

? what?

He's the ultimate chucker
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    I jus realized why ? say AI had no help nobody on the team took more than 9 shots a game lol
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I jus realized why ? say AI had no help nobody on the team took more than 9 shots a game lol

You mean had a chance to shoot more then 9 shots.

They were a defensive team in a weak ass conference.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I. gets so disrespected in these threads it's not even worth debating anymore.

Until Bodie Westbrook can get a LEGIT MVP award (All-Star games don't count) and/or take the Thunder with no KD to the NBA Finals, ? this argument.

A.I.>>>Bodie

A.I. >>CP3

CP3>Bodie

A.I.>>CP3>Bodie
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    A.I. gets so disrespected in these threads it's not even worth debating anymore.

Until Bodie Westbrook can get a LEGIT MVP award (All-Star games don't count) and/or take the Thunder with no KD to the NBA Finals, ? this argument.

A.I.>>>Bodie

A.I. >>CP3

CP3>Bodie

A.I.>>CP3>Bodie

Well Nash >>>>>>AI
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since when is Westbrook a great defender

Westbrook can't guard ?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Like I keep saying you don't get props for getting manhandled in the finals.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

A.I.>>>Bodie

A.I. >>CP3

CP3>Bodie

A.I.>>CP3>Bodie

What happens if Westbrook is never on a team by himself with no other star?

What would be the criteria to judge him when comparing AI's run to the finals 'by himself'
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Since when is Westbrook a great defender

Westbrook can't guard ?

He's not a great defender. He's a better defender.

Nobody in this league is stopping these elite PGs.