who better? westbrook or iverson

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Lol at AI having no help.. Mutombo was Perrineal All Star (East Starting Center in ATL traded to Philly that year) and Defensive Player of The Year. Aaron Mckie was 6th Man of the Year and Larry Brown was coach of the year.

AI of style of play could never mesh with a legit 2nd option. Philly Tried to pair him with another guy Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Toni Kuckoc, Keith Van Horn, Chris Webber, Andre Igudola they all failed.

yet when a.i. played with melo he had his most efficient year. yall gotta get the muthafuck outta here with aaron mckie and mutumbo, not sayin they bad but kd/ibaka/waiters>>>>

They never got out the first round in Denver and doesn't negate the fact he could never help develop or co exist with a 2nd option during his prime.

LMAO and Smh at dismissing Mutombo he will be a first ballot hall of famer on April 6th one of the greatest shot blockers and defensive Centers in NBA History Mutombo>>> Ibaka and lmao Waiters.

not tryna dismiss him

thats just not more help that stressbrook has had.

lol @ westbrook helping to develop anything, with all those shots he takes away from durant. yall amazed at these triple doubles, i been sayin he could even average a double double if he made players better and didnt take such bad shots
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at AI having no help.. Mutombo was Perrineal All Star (East Starting Center in ATL traded to Philly that year) and Defensive Player of The Year. Aaron Mckie was 6th Man of the Year and Larry Brown was coach of the year.

AI of style of play could never mesh with a legit 2nd option. Philly Tried to pair him with another guy Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Toni Kuckoc, Keith Van Horn, Chris Webber, Andre Igudola they all failed.

yet when a.i. played with melo he had his most efficient year. yall gotta get the muthafuck outta here with aaron mckie and mutumbo, not sayin they bad but kd/ibaka/waiters>>>>

They never got out the first round in Denver and doesn't negate the fact he could never help develop or co exist with a 2nd option during his prime.

LMAO and Smh at dismissing Mutombo he will be a first ballot hall of famer on April 6th one of the greatest shot blockers and defensive Centers in NBA History Mutombo>>> Ibaka and lmao Waiters.

not tryna dismiss him

lol @ westbrook helping to develop anything, with all those shots he takes away from durant. yall amazed at these triple doubles, i been sayin he could even average a double double if he made players better and didnt take such bad shots

He shoots on par with all PGs.

And makes much better decision then AI.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    To the ? sayin we caught in the moment I bet ? said the same ? when Jordan and wilt had their triple double streaks and them ? top 10 all time so miss me with that ?

so westbrook on they level huh? man sit down

Is KD?

nah, i hope i didnt imply that he was.

but he is>>westbrook

What makes KD better than Russ
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

not tryna dismiss him

no

he shoots more with worse percentage than most pg's

much better is a stretch considering all the turnovers he has, plus ai was a 2

why does russ get away with wat ai and kobe do, but russ a 2nd option while they were 1st
  • Shizlansky
    Options

not tryna dismiss him

no

much better is a stretch considering all the turnovers he has

Shoots better then AI
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

not tryna dismiss him

no

much better is a stretch considering all the turnovers he has

Shoots better then AI

ai shot a higher percentage when playin with a top scorer too.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    One simple fact that can't be ignored.

Russ is playing in the West.
    AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

Iverson played in the East when Jordan was still on the Bulls stop it...
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

Not to mention the NBA wasn't as soft as it is now either.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

Bruh so you gone act like the 76ers aint make the finals after the East became ? juice. By the end of Jordan's run it wasn't what it was before either.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Westbrook is a a second option on a championship team...what we talking about

OKC could've had Russ whole year and they still would be no greater than 5th seed right now w/o KD

Which isn't bad seeing as how the current 5th seed in the west would be the 2nd seed in the east.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    If his career continues the arch its on now, Westbrook, EASY

As far as best small player, Isaiah>>>>>AI by a mile.

You have to remember, AI was shootin 42% w/ 100% green light

RW with that, for a career, basicaly would have career stats like his past month

Isaiah would have done everything AI did but with better %.
    Russ>>>>>>>Iverson.Y'all stay dickridin iverson just cuz you grew up with struggle braids that couldnt grow past your earlobes

Westbrook out here doing ? that hasnt been done since da Goat did it and he's in an era that's deep with pg's that he routinely dominates.Iverson better my ass FOH

Tell these ? ... ? keep askin if we watched Iverson... Are yall ? really watching Westbrook right now?! Or just lookin at box scores and thinkin he just havin a good run?

? we really watchin, westbrook so great he barely can beat a d-league quality team last night, isaiah cannan and washed j-rich droppin BUCKETS on a "better defender"

like i said YALL let the triple doubles fool yall into thinkin 14-37 is "all time great run" foh

01 playoffs Iverson - 10-31,5-26,10-32,5-27,8-27,6-24,18-41 to name a few

Bu bu but He led his team to the finals so we can overlook these struggle %'s and say he didn't have help.NO player shooting these garbage %'s is taking a team to the finals without help this ? went 18 FOR 41 and 5 FOR 27 In playoff games but since he crossed lue,jordan had jadakiss in his commercials and rocked braids y'all say it's cool

I'd take Russ over iverson and I'd take russ over Rose too

idc about braids or jadakiss in commercials, thats like sayin since russ wear uglass clothes like yall its cool. i aint sayin overlook them numbers either, but russ do the same ? SAME PERCENTAGES and can barely win regular season games WITH MORE HELP than a.i. had. but yall say its cool. he even do the same ? when kd is playin then yall ride ? and say ? EFFICIENCY, ALPHA RUSS, HE PLAY LIKE I DO ON THE PLAYGROUND, foh. russ not leading no team nowhere with that kinda ?

See this is where y'all have to WATCH games.Fucc box scores and fg/fga's.I watched russ wreak havoc on tony parker in game 5 of the wcf,I witnessed russ destroy my ? chris paul on both ends of the floor at the end of game 5 of the 2nd round and he stole the ball from conley for the game tying bucket in the 1st round and he did this while droppin triple doubles in the Playoffs!!!! Duke is a beast man ? saying he couldn't lead the sixers with their top 5 defense,top 5 rebounding,the coach of the year,6th man and defensive player of the year in that weak ass east when duke out here bodying cats in the super competitive west? ? please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkoGsmABRaA

Look at this ? game on the line and russ takes money.Btw russ fg is 46% in the playoffs

? do watch games, russ is a beast, but he needs to make better decisions plus he has a great "fallback" option in kevin durant. yall keep bringin up top defense, 6th man, defensive player, when russ had the mvp on his team, b4 that the scoring champion/6th man, and an all nba defender on his team. well no wonder they makin ? happen in the super competitive west despite russ wild ass play. please ? . talm bout watch games, i be seeing that ? u talm bout, russ goin off, i also be seein okc lose after ? shot after ? shot while durant(the obvious number 1 option) hollin for the ball. hollat me when russ 46% in the playoffs as a number 1 option

That's the thing... No one is saying Russ isn't a beast.... We are just saying he ain't lverson.... At least not yet... Yall comparing numbers and stuff ignoring the fact that the league is different then it was when Iverson was running around terrorizing the league..

Yall talk this east west ? like Iverson wasn't giving everybody buckets.. Not just ? on the East. Give me a break.. Russ is that ? .. But he gotta put more work in before he can be considered better than Iverson.. A late season run at the MVP doesn't qualify...

Lastly we talking hypotheticals.. Let me give you some facts Iverson took a less than talented Philadelphia team to the finals.. He has an MVP award. Will be a first ballot hall of famer. And is a big reason why the NBA looks the way it does. And he did it standing 6'0 tall. Westbrook has been Robin to KD'S Batman his whole career.. They went to one finals and lost. And Westbrook is widely criticised as the reason why they haven't been more successful. A late season run doesn't change the fact that he has more work to put in before we can mention him in the same breath as Allen Bubba Chuck Iverson..
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

LMAO. Is this suppose to help the Iverson argument? AI was 1-6 vs the Bulls while MJ was there. The East was still weak at that time.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im convinced ? jus don't like Russ cuz he doesn't defer to KD lol
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options

AI played in the East.

BIG ? DIFFERENCE!

LMAO. Is this suppose to help the Iverson argument? AI was 1-6 vs the Bulls while MJ was there. The East was still weak at that time.

There were a bunch of good teams in the East during that time man... Milwaukee, Toronto, Indiana, Detroit, Charlotte.. Yall are being real dismissive...

I'll say it again.. Nobody saying Westbrook ain't that dude... Or can't be better than Iverson at some point.. He just ain't right now and has more work to do if he wants to be able to make that claim..
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    stats that no one cared about b4 2007

how cp3 better than iverson?

Through 10 seasons

35cml2t.jpg

Rebounds and steals are pretty much a wash so we'll focus on points accounted for

(just for this example we'll assume all assists lead to 2 pointers for sake of argument) - Iverson accounts for about ~40 points a game (28 + 2*6), CP3 accounts for about ~39 points a game (19 + 2*10)

The fact that Iverson needs to take 10 more shots a game than CP3 to get there says a lot to me

If you want more advanced measures then:

9le3a9.jpg

CP3's offensive win shares are DOUBLE that of Allen Iverson...literally double. PER has already been mentioned and CP3 is superior in every Plus/Minus category as well.

Except for the fact that you aren't factoring pace.. Iverson teams played a slow grind it out style whereas CP3'S teams haven't.. Smh..
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AI gave birth to these And 1/Playground Wack ? , the reason NBA attendance and ratings were at all time low with him as one of it top stars, causing the League into a Dress Code and part of the reason USA Basketball became a joke at the 2004 Olympics.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Im convinced ? jus don't like Russ cuz he doesn't defer to KD lol

im convinced ? really think russ is better than kd and will let him slide for the same things they'll criticize other players for. or in other words, im convinced ? are delusional
  • O.G.
    Options
    What makes AI a better player than Russ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    AI gave birth to these And 1/Playground Wack ? , the reason NBA attendance and ratings were at all time low with him as one of it top stars, causing the League into a Dress Code and part of the reason USA Basketball became a joke at the 2004 Olympics.

u ? cant be serious

OH GAWD, NOT A DRESS CODE!!

im done.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

They have no answer.
  • O.G.
    Options

There were a bunch of good teams in the East during that time man... Milwaukee, Toronto, Indiana, Detroit, Charlotte.. Yall are being real dismissive...

That's not a bunch. None of those teams stood a chance in the West. I'll give Detroit props but we all know the Lakers had no business losing to them.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    stats that no one cared about b4 2007

how cp3 better than iverson?

Through 10 seasons

35cml2t.jpg

Rebounds and steals are pretty much a wash so we'll focus on points accounted for

(just for this example we'll assume all assists lead to 2 pointers for sake of argument) - Iverson accounts for about ~40 points a game (28 + 2*6), CP3 accounts for about ~39 points a game (19 + 2*10)

The fact that Iverson needs to take 10 more shots a game than CP3 to get there says a lot to me

If you want more advanced measures then:

9le3a9.jpg

CP3's offensive win shares are DOUBLE that of Allen Iverson...literally double. PER has already been mentioned and CP3 is superior in every Plus/Minus category as well.

Except for the fact that you aren't factoring pace.. Iverson teams played a slow grind it out style whereas CP3'S teams haven't.. Smh..

IVERSON FANS WILL BRING OUT ANY EXCUSE
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's pound for pound the best. Has more heart. The intangibles.