• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Let's not act like the East wasn't horrible back when Iverson took the Sixers to the finals.

Ain't ? changed.

Like I keep saying. You don't get props for making the finals in the NBA.

Cause everybody goes to the finals

Im assuming you;re bein sarcastic, and accctually, they really do. It'd be easier to list a HOFer who went to the finals, than to list an all time great who didint. It REALLY doesnt mean ? to just get there.

Quick, name me an all time great who NEVER went to the finals. No googles, off top. I'll wait.

Now use google.

And for the smarty art nggas the point isnt that there are literally none, the pont is those dudes will be scaterred, it'll take time to think of em, and they aint gon really be that high on the all time list

Say all that to say this: It REALLY doesnt mean ? . AI gets the most credit for it i've ever seen.

When you have a 7 game series, it's much more likely for the better team to win. (As opposed to 1 and done like nfl playoffs or march madness) Hence, a team with more/better stars on the team usually wins out.

Therefore, it's equally hard to name an all time great who went to the finals WITHOUT another all time great or star on his team.

That's the reason why AI making it is listed as an accomplishment. MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Duncan, etc... all of the "greatest of all time" ? either had another top echelon player in the league on his team,and/or an all time great coach.

To put it another way, AI made the finals with the worst supporting cast in finals team history. Arguably Lebrons cavs team.

Wrong. It was taken all time bad team.

It's not even close to LBJ Cavs team.

Larry brown > every coach but bout 5.

Mutumbo > every player on the Cavs team besides LBJ.

Arron Mckie > every player but LBJ.

Hell, Snow > everybody but LBJ and maybe Big Z

You are a terrible CS poster bruh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Let's not act like the East wasn't horrible back when Iverson took the Sixers to the finals.

Ain't ? changed.

Im assuming you;re bein sarcastic, and accctually, they really do. It'd be easier to list a HOFer who went to the finals, than to list an all time great who didint. It REALLY doesnt mean ? to just get there.

Quick, name me an all time great who NEVER went to the finals. No googles, off top. I'll wait.

Now use google.

And for the smarty art nggas the point isnt that there are literally none, the pont is those dudes will be scaterred, it'll take time to think of em, and they aint gon really be that high on the all time list

Say all that to say this: It REALLY doesnt mean ? . AI gets the most credit for it i've ever seen.

When you have a 7 game series, it's much more likely for the better team to win. (As opposed to 1 and done like nfl playoffs or march madness) Hence, a team with more/better stars on the team usually wins out.

Therefore, it's equally hard to name an all time great who went to the finals WITHOUT another all time great or star on his team.

That's the reason why AI making it is listed as an accomplishment. MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Duncan, etc... all of the "greatest of all time" ? either had another top echelon player in the league on his team,and/or an all time great coach.

To put it another way, AI made the finals with the worst supporting cast in finals team history. Arguably Lebrons cavs team.

Mo Williams was better than Snow and anyone on 76ers outside of maybe Mutumbo.

Wasn't Varejao and Gooden on those Cavs teams also?

I'd rather Bobbie Gibson or Larry Hughes over Eric Snow.

Mo wasn't on that team

And lol at Gooden and Gibson.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Yall still haven't answered the question how AI is a better player then Russ

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Yall crazy man

Let Westbrook carry a team full of role players to the finals then we can talk. AI was one Shaq injury away from leading that ? ass team to the title

Let Westbrook win a MVP then we can talk

Let Westbrook win 4 scoring titles

Let Westbrook average over 30 pts a season

How man All NBA first teams Westbrook got? AI got 4

I love Westbrook been playin second fiddle to KD all these years and now hes balling for a month and yall wanna put him over the GOAT lil man in the league with Isaiah

Theres a reason he was probably your favorite players favorite player growing up
    Parallel wrote: »
    The greatest player ever for how small he was. Tough as hell never backed down from nobody. Carried his team.

What Westbrook do so far in his career

This is why I don't respect the Iverson arguments. People will say whatever they can about him to glorify him.

I was never even an Iverson fan but he carried that team with no help.

He was a great player

How can this post have three nosigns? I'm in awe b
    AMEN MY ?
    2sREC.gif

HarryPotter-Snape-Clapping.gif

Conan-Stand-Up-and-Claps.gif

sarcastic-clapping-ryan-gosling.gif

Kanye-West-Clapping.gif

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

Ain't ? changed.

Now use google.

Mo Williams was better than Snow and anyone on 76ers outside of maybe Mutumbo.

Wasn't Varejao and Gooden on those Cavs teams also?

I'd rather Bobbie Gibson or Larry Hughes over Eric Snow.

Mo wasn't on that team

And lol at Gooden and Gibson.

That's the point....Gooden and Gibson were probably better than anything Iverson had outside of Mutumbo. Well for sure Gooden was. Gooden damn near avg a double/double in Cleveland that season with 11/8.

Mo did come to Cavs the following season.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Westbrook >

Scoring - tie
    Passing - Russ
    Rebounding - Russ
    Defense - Russ

First post of the thread and yet no of you ? said AI is better at these aspects of the game then Russ.

Shrugs.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lets put it like this: Westbrook is not a better player than AI. The careers and accomplishments speak for themselves, he got a long way to go.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Cleveland team got to be the worst team to ever make a finals by far, Boobie Gibson averaged 16 minutes a game that year and had a few good moments in the ecf, no way he's better than a prime Eric Snow foh, that Philly team might not be far behind but was still one of if not the best defensive centers, Shaq was just a different animal
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • d.green
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Westbrook >

Scoring - tie
    Passing - Russ
    Rebounding - Russ
    Defense - Russ

First post of the thread and yet no of you ? said AI is better at these aspects of the game then Russ.

Shrugs.

Scoring - Iverson

Passing - AI (6.2 asst per game with no one to pass to). Russ (7.0 assts per game with KD, Ibaka and had Harden/K.Mart at times). Should be slight edge to AI with those factors and that he really didn't play PG.

Boards - Russ

Defense - Iverson avg almost 1 more steal per game and blocks are about even. However, hard to compare D with their size difference.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lets put it like this: Westbrook is not a better player than AI. The careers and accomplishments speak for themselves, he got a long way to go.

In what way is Westbrook not a better player than Iverson? Not talking about career accomplishments. Just basketball.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People using that AI carried a team full of bums to the finals rhetoric are completely ignoring the fact that in the process there, he was beating teams full of bums as well

East was atrocious then :-&
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    People using that AI carried a team full of bums to the finals rhetoric are completely ignoring the fact that in the process there, he was beating teams full of bums as well

Funny how them ? ass east 76ers were the only team to beat the lakers in the playoffs that season. Whereas all those great west teams got swept.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Funny how them ? ass east 76ers were the only team to beat the lakers in the playoffs that season. Whereas all those great west teams got swept.

4-1 though.

That ? is the worst bragging rights of all time.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Talk to these ? mane
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Also larry brown even explained away iversons misses, he said they wanted him to shoot more, they could get offensive boards and putbacks that way. Brown said a lot of those missed shots should have been assists, they built plays offa iverson just getting off bad shots but hitting the rim lightly so they could get a putback.

Before you laugh that this is absurd, realize that this brought them to 50+ wins every year and the nba finals.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options

Awww... that's nice

cd9d11668642260a3219e5a8cb9abef9.jpg

How that work out for them in the end
  • d.green
    edited March 2015
    Options

With that weak 76ers team they went thru these in the playoffs:

Pacers - R.Miller, J.Oneal, J.Rose, A.Harrington, Sam Perkins
    Raptors - Vinsanity, Mark Jackson, Oakley, Corliss Williamson, Dell Carter, Antonio Davis, Mo Pete
    Bucks - Big Dogg Robinson, Ray Allen, M.Redd, Tim THomas, L.Hunter, R.Alston

Not saying it was the toughest road ever but there was a lot of talent on those teams.

Also, that season the MiMI Heat had Hardaway, Mourning and Eddie Jones.

Knicks - Houston, Sprewell, Camby

Hornets - Baron Davis, Mashburn, PJ Brown
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    That Pacers team was washed up and the window closed on them when the lost the year before

That was a one man Raptors team. Did you just list 37 year old Charles Oakley and 35 year old Mark Jackson as talent. The second best player on that team was either Antonio Davis or Corliss Williamson, nuff said

The Bucks team missed the playoff the next year with the exact rosters. teams was flukey as ? . They too benefited for the garbage that was the East then.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

Awww... that's nice

Come on man, im all for the jokes,but be consistent
    Dont say east was bums and west was so tough

Lakers swept the west and lost a game to the east

76ers gave them the most trouble. Shaq and kobe both say this. All those west giants you discuss, blazers, duncan and manu, webber...were unable to win a game all these "better" teams..
    Iverson takes a game off them and plays better than any other nba star did against them in the playoffs and you say "so what?"

Ok man. I'm done.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yall keep bringin up a.i. vs the east, westbrook got all kinda goat pg's so he cant make all nba

like westbrook did so much better in his finals appearance with kevin durants help, if he was so great he'd make all nba 1st team anyway right, iverson had to contend with great 2 guards

we talkin bout a 2nd option vs a proven hof

someone said the iverson voters are gettin sonned in here?

? WHERE?

yall come back and up this thread when westbrook leads anybody anywhere on his own, until them watch him take 30-40 shots and ? lose with help a.i. wish he had, foh. yall impressed wit rondo style stat chasin triple doubles, when the ? lost half the games, but we dont watch, aight.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    He had Melo and got bounced out the first round.

So there goes the help theory.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options

Awww... that's nice

Come on man, im all for the jokes,but be consistent
    Dont say east was bums and west was so tough

Lakers swept the west and lost a game to the east

76ers gave them the most trouble. Shaq and kobe both say this. All those west giants you discuss, blazers, duncan and manu, webber...were unable to win a game all these "better" teams..
    Iverson takes a game off them and plays better than any other nba star did against them in the playoffs and you say "so what?"

Ok man. I'm done.

There's no reward in that.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't argue about basketball with Young nighad.gas.g
    He had Melo and got bounced out the first round.

So there goes the help theory.

That was on the downside of his career. Compare westbrook at this age vs iverson at the same age.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yall crazy man

Let Westbrook carry a team full of role players to the finals then we can talk. AI was one Shaq injury away from leading that ? ass team to the title

Let Westbrook win a MVP then we can talk

Let Westbrook win 4 scoring titles

Let Westbrook average over 30 pts a season

How many All NBA first teams Westbrook got? AI got 4

I love Westbrook but he been playin second fiddle to KD all these years and now hes balling for a month and yall wanna put him over the GOAT lil man in the league with Isaiah

Theres a reason he was probably your favorite players favorite player growing up
    Parallel wrote: »
    The greatest player ever for how small he was. Tough as hell never backed down from nobody. Carried his team.

What Westbrook do so far in his career

This is why I don't respect the Iverson arguments. People will say whatever they can about him to glorify him.

I was never even an Iverson fan but he carried that team with no help.

He was a great player

How can this post have three nosigns? I'm in awe b

Maybe if russ didnt play with the got damn scoring champ he would do these things then you sonned your own point if he's playing 2nd fiddle to Durant how do you expect him to win scoring titles or an mvp? Lol this dude said scoring titles from a player who's 2nd fiddle to the best scorer in the nba.If russ was on his own he'd have an mvp just like fellow inefficient ball hogs derrick rose and iverson

You iverson fans are struggling