Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    idk why what happened after the finals appearance for iverson matters

we are witnessing right now what stressbrook does with even better talent as the main option

forced shots bad basketball iq, ? that'd prolly be .500 at best across an 82 game season.

and that happens every time durant misses time

Last years OKC roster when KD was playing and Russ was hurt is better than the roster Russ is playing with while KD is hurt. Agree or nah?

Hell the ? no

Are you serious ?

Lamb and perry Jones were getting important minutes

This year they ain't. They were at the start when both KD and Russ were out but now they stuck on the bench. Jones is wack anyways.

Yet they were both counted on last year

I seriously don't even understand if you're serious right now because this supporting cast is clearly better

They added Morrow, Waiters, DJ, and Kanter and lost Perkins and Rggie

That's a clear upgrade

Those guys been on the team a few weeks tho. They are still getting adjusted to each other. KD did not have to play with any new guys last year. Talent wise of course this team is better but not right now. Not until they figure out their roles.
    KD,Reggie,Ibaka & Lamb last year>>>>> Russ,Waiters,Ibaka,Morrow this year

You sound ? ridiculous lmaooo

You're done

So a team that played together all year only missing Russ for about half the season and still winning 59 games(KD's team) is suppose to be worse than a team that have struggled with injuries and have made mid season trades while dealing with role players that are not happy with their roles? Yall are acting like Waiters,Kanter and DJ been there since training camp.

If you think the team Russ is playing with the last two weeks is better team-wise (not talent) than the one that KD had all season last year, you are right I am done bcuz you ? just don't like Russ and ain't even watching the games.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What has he done?

No finals MVP no finals win

Not much playoff success.

He has a MVP and Russ don't.

Hell, Nash got two.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no point in bringin that up when russ has none of that, except for a lil playoff success as a second fiddle. are u tryna say nash and a.i. didnt deserve them mvp's? well sure lets let russ get the mvp while costing them games and barely gettin 8th seed

and why are u guys acting like russ didnt struggle when kd missed games in previous seasons, it was really much of the same, forced shots and what not
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish AI could of had Mutombo for at least 2-3 years and found another way to get Van Horn, Philly sucked at putting a team around him, the whole east sucked at putting teams together till Detroit, then eventually Ainge's vision came to fruition
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also if you are gonna compare stats between AI and Russ, you have to consider that AI averaged for his career 41.1 minutes per game. Russ is averaging 33.9 minutes. Big advantage if you just glimpse at their numbers.

I said I was done with this thread when cuzz said Larry Brown wanted AI to shoot bad shots so the team could get the offensive board. LMAO. WORST STRATEGY EVER! ? you think Brown left for? Tired of cheese steaks or tired of Iverson?

1. So now someone who is tough enough to Play more minutes has it count against him? Russ can't play 41 minutes, so he doesn't. I see a lot of "ifs" with russ in this thread, but let's talk about certainties with iverson

Iverson had more ppg, spg, and .4 less assists after his seventh season than russ. And fg% is basically the same.

He had 5 all nba teams, russ had 3 with 0 first teams

He had an mvp and a finals apperance on which he played lights out. Russ did make the finals, but didn't play particularly well, russ has no mvps

Russ had the superior talent on his team.

So after judging based on this after seven seasons we can only come to one conclusion, seven years in iverson >>> westbrook

All this east was ? , he shot to much, if this, if that...dont matter

All this analysis of how career ended dont matter, all this conjecture is irrelevant. If you compare the first seven years its no comparison.

2) as for brown having good offensive strategy. Lolol. I never said it was a good strategy to have iverson shoot for the bricks. Lololol. I think it's hard to win that way and I do wish iverson had been less stubborn, cause he'd still be playing right now. Had he used his gifts more like steph curry currently does, but I'm just saying, the misses were encouraged. That's all.

A true Iverson fan would know that he would get ? when he was taken out of the game so they let him play. He really took it personal and it was just best to let him get his PT. He said it himself that he should of rested more during the regular season. How do you know Russ can't play 41 minutes? Smart players and coaches let their players rest. All that other ? you typed is about accomplishments and does not give a reason why AI is a better basketball player than Russ. If player A is on an inferior team and gets to play and shoot as much as he wants, then he is gonna have better stats than player B who is on a better team that has more weapons. Really not hard to figure out.

Ok so on comparing player a and b after x amount of years...you don't talk about their accomplishments or their stats unless they both were in same exact situation and played sane exact number of minutes.

Got it

Guess we can never compare anything then. Close thread and forum.

Maybe in your o/p you should of asked "who has the better career". You could of saved a lot of time for everyone.

And you even agree that Russ could do what AI did in Philly.
    Westbrooks is also the first small guard I've seen that I think could have also taken that ? 76ers squad to the finals.

That is what a lot of us have been saying this entire thread.

I wrote what I felt like. My goal ain't to save time for you. Log your ass off. Pause.

I said I THINK he could. I didn't day he could. And yes, I consistently have given Westbrook his props, I wouldn't have made the thread of I didn't respect him.

And im comparing iverson first seven years to Westbrook first seven. I think that is a very valid an accurate comparison.

Do you think Iverson would have the accomplishments (mvp, scoring titles etc.) if he played his first 7 years with KD? Don't forget Harden was on the team also.

I have no idea how you fault a guy for doing more with less.

I have no idea why you didn't answer the question.

Cause its a ? one. There have been less than fifty ppl who have won mvps, like it or not iverson is one of them. He won it at a time when many greats were in the league, yet all I hear from yall is how he wasn't ? and had no comp.

Then you just go ahead and say westbrook could have mvps too. As if any old person can get em. Other guy just said mvps don't man ? .

A slew of greats, current and former, say iverson is top sixty player of all time, you guys all disregard that as if is nothing. Jordan, kobe, shaq, durant, and Westbrook himself say this, you guys all shrug your shoulders and say "yeah but what would he do with Durant as a teammate" as if westbrook without Durant would EASILY be top sixty player of all time.

Ok dogg. We done. Carry on.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Russ is on the path to be a top 50 player though.

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Quick, other than the heavenly 1-4 Finals win-loss, what was AI's next most successful season?

The Pound for Pound champ could not get his team past the second round after '01. He could not lead his team to a 50 win season in the weak ass East after '01. Seems to me that, if he was as feared and dominate as people say he was, then he would be able to drag at least one more squad past the second round. However he did rack up a lot of points tho.

He's not 6'7 lolololol

TMac NEVER led his team past the first round and was the scoring champ twice to AI's 4.....lolololol

Someone confuse and you don't know how to argue lol
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick, other than the heavenly 1-4 Finals win-loss, what was AI's next most successful season?

The Pound for Pound champ could not get his team past the second round after '01. He could not lead his team to a 50 win season in the weak ass East after '01. Seems to me that, if he was as feared and dominate as people say he was, then he would be able to drag at least one more squad past the second round. However he did rack up a lot of points tho.

He's not 6'7 lolololol

TMac NEVER led his team past the first round and was the scoring champ twice to AI's 4.....lolololol

Someone confuse and you don't know how to argue lol

^^yet he responds with that weak ass ? , foh
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ALL YOU ? ARGUING ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE DUMB AF
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tell ya...Yall would be suprised if u stack CP3's career stats against Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, etc

I made a CP3 vs tim hardaway thread a few years ago and got killed for it lol if CP3 doesnt get more playoff success his career will be extremely similar
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easy way to get everyone on the same page, argument wise, since yall kinda arguing 2 different points.

1 on 1 in their primes, who you got?

I got Westbrook
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easy way to get everyone on the same page, argument wise, since yall kinda arguing 2 different points.

I got Westbrook
    Westbrook can just posted him up all day
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    ALL YOU ? ARGUING ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE DUMB AF

i-dont-always-troll-but-when-i-do.jpg

bny0d64ciaaf8jf_medium.jpg

iverson-mvp.jpg
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Yall funny as hell propping Iverson up more than he really was. Even when he was winning the MVP and scoring titles, spectacular as he was... Iverson wasn't better than Bean. But he had the green light to basically do whatever he wanted and a team built to accommodate his play style. And it worked to a degree for a short while.

Remove all the who played with who and in what conference circumstantial stuff from the equation and just look at how they play... Westbrook a better basketball player.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got Westbrook

Like a 3 inch difference in height. It ain't that serious.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall funny as hell propping Iverson up more than he really was. Even when he was winning the MVP and scoring titles, spectacular as he was... Iverson wasn't better than Bean. But he had the green light to basically do whatever he wanted and a team built to accommodate his play style. And it worked to a degree for a short while.

Remove all the who played with who and in what conference circumstantial stuff from the equation and just look at how they play... Westbrook a better basketball player.

Question about the team to accommodate his play style

Do you feel the same way about Bron's teams in Cleveland
  • Inglewood_B
    Options

I do.

But LeBron is a better player than both of them. So that's irrelevant.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

I got Westbrook

Like a 3 inch difference in height. It ain't that serious.

And almost 40 pounds and hella aggressive.
  • R.D.
    Options

I do.

But LeBron is a better player than both of them. So that's irrelevant.

Nah not really irrelevant at all because you don't know why I asked

Was just trying to see if you were one of those ? who say he ain't have help in Cleveland
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The hell does LeBron have to do with anything?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrooks is also the first small guard

Huh???
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Ya ? ,some of y'all would say AI better than Kobe because Kobe had the Monster Squad as compared to AI and company.
  • Focal Point
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    iverson-crosses-jordan-o.gif

Did they win?
  • R.D.
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    The hell does LeBron have to do with anything?

I wasn't talking to you ?

Clearly I just explained it to him

Damn I hate you pale pink ?
  • Focal Point
    Options
    I don't have a problem with ppl saying AI better that RW, but some of the arguments for it are dumb