Official Thread - HBO Series: The Night Of

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    The story has progressed. This is a show about the criminal justice system, so the murder mystery is secondary to the function of the agents actually involved in the day to day of Nas's case.

Thank you. I swear ? don't pay attention to ? .
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    That scene where he was in the shower and the camera kept closing in on his back was super creepy. I was cringing in my seat, so uneasy.

Thought he was about to catch that strife. ? kept sliding out the shower, I was sitting there like "nas, get out of there fam." That dreadlock ? looked menacing as ? lol.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real good episode tonite.

That lawyer cold as ice. The courtroom scene was tense af.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good episode tonight. I really like the looks of the Indian lawyer
    The pacing, tension, and interplay between naz and the other inmates, among the lawyers and his family, along the community and his family, among the whole judicial system....

It's dope. Very well done so far.

Kudos to goat acting from everyone turturo, naz,omar, the female lawyer... This is a good show
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Another solid episode. although admittedly, i can do without the gratuitous focus on john stone's foot problem. it really doesnt bring anything to the story overall. a couple of allusions to it wouldve been good enough. then move on.

I wonder why the inmate would befriend nas, just to turn around and throw hot water mixed with oil on him to burn his skin. was that his intention all along? or is he just not all there mentally?

What was the argument with andrea's stepfather and that other guy about? does he have more of an involvement in her murder than we initially thought?

So it appears that freddy is more into nas's mind than his body (no atl). he seems to take interest in him being book smart. thats relieving. had it been the other way around, it wouldve made me kind of question michael k. williams and the types of roles he takes

Another mention about the cat. i still believe he's going to play an integral role in solving the case
  • marc123
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

What was the argument with andrea's stepfather and that other guy about? does he have more of an involvement in her murder than we initially thought?

Another mention about the cat. i still believe he's going to play an integral role in solving the case

Something is up with Mickey Doyle. I knew that he said it wasnt her in the pic. Then quickly said it was her. I dont think he killed her. But he might have an idea who did.

Yea. the cat gone come back into play imo
  • marc123
    edited August 2016
    Options
    BTW anyone else notice they keep showing the eye of the moose head on the wall. There might be a camera in there.......hope they dont go the ? film route. That is tired af imo.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The structure of the show is nothing special, but boy is it well made and really well acted so far.

Some of the writing throws you off as well, when turtoro was talking to the inmate who was telling his predicament back to him and he said he didn't even realise he stabbed this guy and felt like he wasn't there, what if naz just went into a berserker rage and blacked out after.

The courtroom scene deaded that, and it looked like naz was piecing something together in his head, he is kind of gormless and they really haven't shown any indication of him really trying to remember that night until then.

Co-sign whoever said it was refreshing to see naz telling williams he's already read the book he offered him, 99% of the time that scene would have been him taking it.
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is ill. HBO giving us that work once again
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ed Cota looking ass ? gonna get marked next episode for what happened to naz
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    That ed Cota looking ass ? gonna get marked next episode for what happened to naz

i kept trying to figure out who he reminded me of...? do look like ed cota

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    lmao Jamar playin a cop hahaha
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That scene where he was in the shower and the camera kept closing in on his back was super creepy. I was cringing in my seat, so uneasy.

Thought he was about to catch that strife. ? kept sliding out the shower, I was sitting there like "nas, get out of there fam." That dreadlock ? looked menacing as ? lol.

You wasn't the only thinking that ? . I was also thinking is this fool ass dude not paying attention. Does he really want to be the last man in the shower room? ? of the shower before the ? goes down!!!!!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I died laughing at how dude all tough asked Nas for his commissary card then got to the window and ordered all that stuff talking proper in the king's english and ?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

I think that ? might not even exist
    No one else talks to him or even looks at him except naz
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bout to stream this today
  • Bayish
    Bayish Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    Co sign what everyone has been saying wonderful show. JAMES GANDOFINI was a executive producer. Good to see Soprano and Wire cats together. I too think ole boy with Bodie has something to do with. Her d boy turned boyfriend getting jealous.
  • marc123
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I died laughing at how dude all tough asked Nas for his commissary card then got to the window and ordered all that stuff talking proper in the king's english and ?

lls @ that scene.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

I think that ? might not even exist
    No one else talks to him or even looks at him except naz

If you're right that's an ill prediction!

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I read this thread before I watched the first episode..

I thought the great Nasir Jones was in this..

Good first episode, ima catch up over the weekend.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Something is up with Mickey Doyle. I knew that he said it wasnt her in the pic. Then quickly said it was her. I dont think he killed her. But he might have an idea who did.

Yea. the cat gone come back into play imo

Lol thats where i remember him from. i knew the actor playing andrea's stepfather looked vaguely familiar. but i couldnt quite place my finger on where i seen him before. but you just reminded me. he's the ? that also played mickey doyle. HBO stay making sure their actors eat
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    ? damn nasir certified now. Beating ? ass hitting spliffs and ? . Omar turning nas into a beast.

Detective low key starting to detect this ? ain't as open and shut as it looks. Prosecutor full of ? . Its just routine for her at this point.

I'm watching while I'm writing... nas cold on the range... backed down treach... wait now he gotta start hooping ? ? Aww man... nas gonna die in jail.

John a NightRider. I'm conflicted... lol can't trust these hoes bruh...

I hope she washed that morning. Yuck... it was all good a week ago nas wtf...

This show really giving you the whole thing man...

Damn so it was the black dude?? Seems too easy tho. There's more to it I'm sure.

John on his Colombo right now... Duane Reade hit em with the juke... HBO ain't ? for that ending... had me breathing hard and ? like I was running after them ? ...

Story was moving to slow for some of you remedial ass ? . How about now?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn nasir certified now. Beating ? ass hitting spliffs and ? . Omar turning nas into a beast.

Detective low key starting to detect this ? ain't as open and shut as it looks. Prosecutor full of ? . Its just routine for her at this point.

I'm watching while I'm writing... nas cold on the range... backed down treach... wait now he gotta start hooping ? ? Aww man... nas gonna die in jail.

Damn so it was the black dude?? Seems too easy tho. There's more to it I'm sure.

John on his Colombo right now... Duane Reade hit em with the juke... HBO ain't ? for that ending... had me breathing hard and ? like I was running after them ? ...

It did start slow but my favorite show is GoT so deliberate pacing don't knock me off my square. This ? steps it up with every episode

They turned Naz into a savage quick tho
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It did start slow but my favorite show is GoT so deliberate pacing don't knock me off my square. This ? steps it up with every episode

Nas ain't savage wtf lol. Treach backed down cause of Freddie.
  • KingFreeman
    Options

Nas ain't savage wtf lol. Treach backed down cause of Freddie.

Nas knew that. Wanted to let that ? hang himself for a TV show. Savage move.