Official Thread - HBO Series: The Night Of

Options

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    I'm starting to think the girl hired somebody to ? her. So that her moms boyfriend wouldn't get any money. Like there's some type of loophole where he can't get the money if she gets killed or something. I think she just used nas. She was the cat, and nas was the yarn.

Nah, based on the convo Stone had with the mom's accountant..........the boyfriend gets everything.

He's starting to look like the prime suspect now.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    More than anything, this show expertly showcases how sometimes you will become consumed by a new way of living and the adjustments you have to make in order to ensure your own survival. As the viewer now witnesses with Nas' life falling even in a more downward spiral and his hardened image

Detective box's discovery of the school attack involving nas along with the attack on Calvin last week sort of tells us he may have a more violent streak then we think. But all things considered, those 2 incidents seemed to be when he was provoked. I'm not sure he seems like the type to outwardly murder someone. Esp. Stabbing them an infinite amount of times

We also get more of a backstop with the stepfather. Everything seems to be pointing to him. Esp. If he was looking to inherit the money.

I'm hooked on this show honestly. Some people say it's boring. I wouldn't say that. I would say it's pace is a methodical slow burn. Like many other hbo shows. And a devastating character study

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    More than anything, this show expertly showcases how sometimes you will become consumed by a new way of living and the adjustments you have to make in order to ensure your own survival. As the viewer now witnesses with Nas' life falling even in a more downward spiral and his hardened image

Detective box's discovery of the school attack involving nas along with the attack on Calvin last week sort of tells us he may have a more violent streak then we think. But all things considered, those 2 incidents seemed to be when he was provoked. I'm not sure he seems like the type to outwardly murder someone. Esp. Stabbing them an infinite amount of times

We also get more of a backstop with the stepfather. Everything seems to be pointing to him. Esp. If he was looking to inherit the money.

I'm hooked on this show honestly. Some people say it's boring. I wouldn't say that. I would say it's pace is a methodical slow burn. Like many other hbo shows. And a devastating character study

the-rock-clapping.gif
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO its starting to look like Nas ? around and beat his case but going to catch some type of charge while he in jail and have to do time for that new charge.

Nas is really starting to ? up and think he can get away with certain ? because everybody know he is Freddie homie.

I thought that ? was hilarious when Freddie had to tell him how to make money off having the cell phone. He better get his money up while he can cause he becoming more and more indebted to Freddie.

You could tell dude who mother brought the drugs in was on some punk ? . Not surprised by that ? at all.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First and foremost, no ? ? . I knew that kid had a lil ? look to him. I just knew he was getting is ass blown out smh. ? quota fulfilled, I knew they wasn't gonna stop after that ? in the 2nd episode.

LOL the black mortician was funny as ? . At first I thought he was just a bit off or could have just been telling her to go away and stop ? with him. But I think he was saying the dead girl was a gold digging prostitute in his own weird way. I think he's probably seen her around before. "are you a cat.......?(sparay spray). He was saying, "are you trying to play me and get me caught up?".

I thought nas was gonna ? himself after the phone call. After seeing that ? ? he lost all hope lol. I thought the ? thug was gonna ? nas. Cuzzo did not have to get that close to put that shank to his neck.

I'm starting to think the girl hired somebody to ? her. So that her moms boyfriend wouldn't get any money. Like there's some type of loophole where he can't get the money if she gets killed or something. I think she just used nas. She was the cat, and nas was the yarn.

Had I been Naz, I woulda been like, "Man if you dont get the ? away from me...I dont give a ? about your little ? experiences."
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Love this show and it's dark as ? but the scene with Naz and Stone changing shirts in the court room in front of the jury was funny as ? .

Also did anybody recognize any meaning in Naz' tats??? Because I really didn't, he got Sin on one set of knuckles and Bad on the other and a wolf on his arm.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Love this show and it's dark as ? but the scene with Naz and Stone changing shirts in the court room in front of the jury was funny as ? .

Also did anybody recognize any meaning in Naz' tats??? Because I really didn't, he got Sin on one set of knuckles and Bad on the other and a wolf on his arm.

Sinbad...Freddy asked him who he was going for in that boxing match they was watching on tv. He called one of the boxers Sinbad. I forget why but I think it came from that convo.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Sinbad...Freddy asked him who he was going four in that boxing match they was watching on tv. He called one of the boxers Sinbad. I forget why but I think it came from that convo.

Nah I think Freddy asked him which character/story he ? with more Sinbad or Alladin and his response was Sinbad. I assumed it was a nickname thing.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stepfather seems to simple tho. He's gonna lead to a bigger fish.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Nah, based on the convo Stone had with the mom's accountant..........the boyfriend gets everything.

He's starting to look like the prime suspect now.
    Yo, her being murdered might complicate ? though. There's probably some type of twist in the paper work.
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Stepfather seems to simple tho. He's gonna lead to a bigger fish.

Exactly, there's always a big twist now at days when it comes to these types of shows. It's definitely deeper than rap. I'm thinking of a twist like the girl had something to do with her own murder. Some kind of way it's going to tie in with everything. It's about more than the money.

Or bodie potna that was ice grilling them had something to do with it. Like she was on the run, he recognized her when she popped back up. He knows the g.i.l.f bandit some kind of way and told him where she was. The accountant and the g.i.l.f bandit are both in on it together. That's probably why they were arguing with each other. The accountant probably ? him over. Bodie potna probably did the murder or went and got somebody to do it.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Another solid episode.

I get the feeling that whether or not Naz gets off for this it's gonna remain ambiguous on whether or not he did it
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Damn, talk about how negligence can set off a unfortunate chain of events. Naz not telling Freddie about what homie was doing to the young kid led to the kids suicide, Freddie losing his supplier, and ultimately Naz having to create that diversion that allowed Freddie to ? Victor.

It kinda ties into Box being negligent and giving Naz evidence from the crime scene. One instance of negligence can lead to so many other things.

I like how they tied the episode up though, with the inhaler being highlighted, and then it being used to lead to Victor being killed. Kinda shows how a flawed judicial system can corrupt justice, and be a contributor to crime.

I'm kinda hating that Naz got to kiss that Chandra chick though lol...she bad as ? to me.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Yeah, Chandra would get demolished.

I had a feeling that Naz not telling Freddie about that kid was gonna be a problem.

'Thought it might cause Freddy to turn on him, but apparently they're still good.

Wonder if what Baz did to the chain of evidence will be enough for a mistrial.

Regardless, either this show.......and/or some of the actors........deserve an emmy or something for this.

Turturro (Stone) will probably end up getting something.
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm kinda hating that Naz got to kiss that Chandra chick though lol...she's sexy to me lol

Hold on, bruh. You and Naz can get the fugg on. I'm dusting off the cape for Chandra.
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt that's coke they smuggling in tho...ain't noone ? with coke in jail nomore, it's all about that boy. N u can smoke that ? too
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought nas just loved Sinbad the comedian
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well, this is my "throw something out there and hope it sticks" prediction

i think Naz gets off, but once he's out, he is doing something that is similar to what he did the night of the murder, and he has a flashback that fills in the gaps and it is revealed he did ? the girl
  • deadeye
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

i think Naz gets off, but once he's out, he is doing something that is similar to what he did the night of the murder, and he has a flashback that fills in the gaps and it is revealed he did ? the girl

I don't think we'll ever know who really did it.

Granted, on the surface, it would seem like that's what the show is about.

However, it's actually more about the criminal justice system than anything else.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this a one off series?
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm starting to think box knows something. Dude arrived at his retirement party like he had a chip on his shoulders. Come to think of it, he's been acting weird this whole time. He's been going around and investigating for what.....? I mean he aint spoke to nobody
    If this a one off series?

Just one season. Last episode is this sunday.
    Damn, talk about how negligence can set off a unfortunate chain of events. Naz not telling Freddie about what homie was doing to the young kid led to the kids suicide, Freddie losing his supplier, and ultimately Naz having to create that diversion that allowed Freddie to ? Victor.

It kinda ties into Box being negligent and giving Naz evidence from the crime scene. One instance of negligence can lead to so many other things.

I like how they tied the episode up though, with the inhaler being highlighted, and then it being used to lead to Victor being killed. Kinda shows how a flawed judicial system can corrupt justice, and be a contributor to crime.

I'm kinda hating that Naz got to kiss that Chandra chick though lol...she bad as ? to me.

Chandra pointed out some major ? about him handling the situation all wrong. but nothing was done about it lol. Cuzzo watched the video's and everything and aint said ? . ? like that has happened in a lot of trials. Like the o.j simpson trial. System does need fixing.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last ep already? Sheesh
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I feel like this show is leaving a lot out. I hope it answers a lot of questions on Sunday
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure if anyone is picking up this... The "deal" he was offered is the ? that happens to minorities all the time.

The prosecutor and defender are FRIENDS. Sometimes even with the judge. You can't trust these people since they are only looking out for themselves. They wanted a quick end to this ? and tried to give that boy 15 years without truly investigating.

Once the high profile defense attorney saw it was going to be a long battle and knew she wasn't getting paid.. she bounced.

Stay out of ? youngins.. once you are in the system it's damn near impossible to get out.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »

I don't think we'll ever know who really did it.

Granted, on the surface, it would seem like that's what the show is about.

However, it's actually more about the criminal justice system than anything else.

nah, you will find out who did it lol

but just for ? and giggles, i'ma still run with my negrodamus prediction
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    Man I feel like this show is leaving a lot out. I hope it answers a lot of questions on Sunday

This is why I asked if this is a one off series. If the finale is only one hour they go have to pack a lot of ? in it to explain some things.