Official Thread - HBO Series: The Night Of

Options

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    Man I feel like this show is leaving a lot out. I hope it answers a lot of questions on Sunday

This is why I asked if this is a one off series. If the finale is only one hour they go have to pack a lot of ? in it to explain some things.

According to my cable guide, the finale is gonna be from 9:00-10:45........so hopefully everything gets answered.

Just hope the extra 45 minutes isn't some kind of aftershow or something.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Another great ep.

Arab lawyer kissing Nas seemed outta place tho imo. btw she sexy af.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone is picking up this... The "deal" he was offered is the ? that happens to minorities all the time.

The prosecutor and defender are FRIENDS. Sometimes even with the judge. You can't trust these people since they are only looking out for themselves. They wanted a quick end to this ? and tried to give that boy 15 years without truly investigating.

Once the high profile defense attorney saw it was going to be a long battle and knew she wasn't getting paid.. she bounced.

Stay out of ? youngins.. once you are in the system it's damn near impossible to get out.
    ? reminds me of a job I used to work at that had no union. They had "human resources" lol. Me and my boss didn't get along and this ? just be waiting for me to ? up. One day he pulled some ? on me and I caught his ass. One of the staff members told me to go tell H.R. I walked by H.R and I saw my ? ass boss in there sipping coffee and laughing with who I was supposed to talk to. Later on I found out that my boss is the ? father of the woman's child. He also worked with the rest of them in the past. Left that job shortly after finding this out.
    marc123 wrote: »
    Another great ep.

Arab lawyer kissing Nas seemed outta place tho imo. btw she sexy af.
    That's what I thought at first. But remember she broke up with her boyfriend and was an emotional wreck. You know how a lot of women get when they in that state.

• marc123
    Options
    I really dig how they focus on all the small little details, reminds me of The Wire.
  • marc123
    Options
    Nas walked off like a g tho. After he filled out the form n dude got sliced.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really dig how they focus on all the small little details, reminds me of The Wire.

The shows creator Richard Price was also a regular contributor and screen writer for The Wire. Which is why youll pick up some similarities between the two. He also penned the novel Clockers and co-wrote the screenplay. It seems creating gritty crime dramas is something he is compotent in doing
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this ? Naz got off. I like the segue in to the next season
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show got wack at the end
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Naz was dumb as ? but wasn't guilty glad he got off even tho he ? his own defense & ? over the lawyer that was trying to help him...emotional broads tho they do emotional ? ...he got tatted up and he still hooked on drugs so unless he makes changes he will be back in there but for now it's a happy ending
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This had one of them no country for old men ass endings where ? don't really wrap up in a tidy bow

I was tight AF that prosecutor came to the realization Naz was innocent as she was doing her final statement and still kept going. That ? was driving me crazy for a min.

And damn they ain't have to do the lawyer like that
  • marc123
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Damn. Even tho Nas got off. That finale was depressing as ? . System turned Nas into an animal.

Imo that very last scene with Stone n the cat was not needed. Series should have ended with Nas smoking ? then looking over the city.

Great tv tho. Classic HBO.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought the ending was fitting
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea extremely wack ending
  • AP21
    Options
    what were ya'll expecting to happen?

it was pretty cut and dry to me
  • deadeye
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

@AP21

What happened to the flashback Naz was supposed to have of him killing the girl?
  • deadeye
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    So this ? Naz got off. I like the segue in to the next season

It's a mini-series.

There isn't a next season.........that's it.
  • AP21
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »

@AP21

What happened to the flashback Naz was supposed to have of him killing the girl?

? , dont do that lol

i told you that was my "throw it against the wall and hope it sticks" prediction

i was afraid they were gonna wait until the final episode to do the old bait and switch and introduce someone that we never pegged as a suspect. To me, thats kinda lazy writing, but still....

I was satisfied with the ending.

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew that accountant was fishy. I watch waaaay too many of these mystery type shows.
    Damn. Even tho Nas got off. That finale was depressing as ? . System turned Nas into an animal.

That's how the system be doing cats, especially minorities. Jail/prison is supposed to rehabilitate. But it usually makes things worse. They also put an alleged killer in there with actual cold blooded killers lol.

You also peep how they failed to do an actual investigation outside of nas? It's all about money, and politics. Very little to do with what actually happened. That's why we have ? like the o.j. simpson trial or lol. So much tax money is wasted on this ? .

And don't think the lawyer grew a heart at the end. She only went after the killer to redeem her status and make up for her L, smh.

• deadeye
    Options
    I'm inclined to think that Freddie is ultimately responsible for Naz' freedom.

That recording he gave to Stone of Chandra kissing him led to Stone doing the closing arguments.

Granted, Chandra did a good job up until the point that she put Naz on the stand..........but without Stone's closing that jury probably wouldn't have been deadlocked.

And Stone wouldn't have done the closing if the judge hadn't demoted Chandra to 2nd chair after seeing that video.

Somewhat of a happy ending, but.........in real life...........Naz would've probably been found guilty.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was slightly a bit anticlimactic...

Stone just turned and looked like..."You're free..."

And i wish we coulda found out what actually happened even though we have an idea.

And I was waiting for the show to take a turn like nas does something to go back to prison or finally remembers killing her or something but nothing ever came.

Then I thought nas wss gonna die from that last hit or something

• Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @ Beta I think the point was to be more realistic...Stone's closing argument was on point but Naz ? up big time during cross exam
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nomad1 wrote: »
    @ Beta I think the point was to be more realistic...Stone's closing argument was on point but Naz ? up big time during cross exam

Oh no I get it I was just waiting for a big twist or curveball. Or the jury finds Nas not guilty and his parents cheer while Nas sheds tears. Jury was like "we don't know...Then the woman I forget her name said ? it pretty much and john stone was like "alright you're going home"

Still enjoyed it I just didn't expect it to be that straightforward I guess