Official Thread - HBO Series: The Night Of

Options
1234568»

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    When Michael Williams was on breakfast club dj envy kept asking him if there was going to be a season 2 and if they'd find out who the real killer was. Williams then went into what the show was really about but envy said he never thought of it like that, he looked at it more like usual suspects where the ending would be a big reveal.

Made me realize how much of an idiot dj envy was. Like he'd want a second season where nsz is trying to get on with his life, gets to anther party meets another girl and THEN da da dummmmm

She wins up dead in bed next to him and he is like oh ? not again!!! And then he back smoking heroin with freddy talking about i know you innocent again dogg...ima help you. Stone and the rest believe in him and it's all about them trying to just say it's a huge coincidence. Then he gets off and marries the Indian lawyer.

Then third season he goes to another party, try to get on with his life, then da da dummmmmmm

Another girl winds up dead, and he like man ain't this some ? , i didn't do it. And he back smoking heroin with freddy... And Freddy is like man I'm staying to doubt your innocence, but he's like i didn't do it i didn't do it, ppl keep framing me... But ppl start to doubt...

That's what dj envy wanted the show to be

@DJEnvy

zh1s35zvwejg.gif
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Michael Williams was on breakfast club dj envy kept asking him if there was going to be a season 2 and if they'd find out who the real killer was. Williams then went into what the show was really about but envy said he never thought of it like that, he looked at it more like usual suspects where the ending would be a big reveal.

Made me realize how much of an idiot dj envy was. Like he'd want a second season where nsz is trying to get on with his life, gets to anther party meets another girl and THEN da da dummmmm

She wins up dead in bed next to him and he is like oh ? not again!!! And then he back smoking heroin with freddy talking about i know you innocent again dogg...ima help you. Stone and the rest believe in him and it's all about them trying to just say it's a huge coincidence. Then he gets off and marries the Indian lawyer.

Then third season he goes to another party, try to get on with his life, then da da dummmmmmm

Another girl winds up dead, and he like man ain't this some ? , i didn't do it. And he back smoking heroin with freddy... And Freddy is like man I'm staying to doubt your innocence, but he's like i didn't do it i didn't do it, ppl keep framing me... But ppl start to doubt...

Lmao somebody at work told me about envy's interview where he basically said he was mad they didn't tell who the killer was. I was like this ? dumb as hell they told you who exactly who tf did it lol

dude is such a bird

i posted the interview in my breakfast club thread and gave my two cents about him
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Lmao somebody at work told me about envy's interview where he basically said he was mad they didn't tell who the killer was. I was like this ? dumb as hell they told you who exactly who tf did it lol

dude is such a bird

i posted the interview in my breakfast club thread and gave my two cents about him

Lol shameless plug
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is soooooo good. I'm at home sick binge watching. On episode 4
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    She's not ? with him. Dude basically gave the green light that almost got her de bared
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    She's not ? with him. Dude basically gave the green light that almost got her de bared

He could've talked his way back to her.

I mean, she's a lawyer and all........but Naz had her pulling drugs out her snatch like that dude's mom that killed himself.

Can't tell me he couldn't have gotten back with her.

Doubtful, even though she didn't get debarred she'll basically get blackballed from ever practicing law again. I mean if he could come back from basically ruining a woman's life like that more power to him but I doubt it.

You 2 ? the ? is DISBARRED not debarred!! LLS
    87XXO.gif
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »

He could've talked his way back to her.

I mean, she's a lawyer and all........but Naz had her pulling drugs out her snatch like that dude's mom that killed himself.

Can't tell me he couldn't have gotten back with her.

Doubtful, even though she didn't get debarred she'll basically get blackballed from ever practicing law again. I mean if he could come back from basically ruining a woman's life like that more power to him but I doubt it.

You 2 ? the ? is DISBARRED not debarred!! LLS
    87XXO.gif

I apologize for mispronouncing a word that is hardly ever used in my lexicon. One of my main pet peeves is "revocated" mainly when people are talking about their probation or parole being "revocated" I'm always like that ? ain't a word your probation has been "revoked".
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A beautiful woman suggested this show so i binge watched..

My takeaways after season 1 are we the audience have no idea if dude is the killer or not yet, there's so much misdirection in the script. It may turn out that the well-intentioned defense is wrong and the ill-intentioned prosecution is right...

Meanwhile i predict dude will turn into a complete savage in prison just to be acquitted (whether he's actually guilty or not)
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

My takeaways after season 1 are we the audience have no idea if dude is the killer or not yet, there's so much misdirection in the script. It may turn out that the well-intentioned defense is wrong and the ill-intentioned prosecution is right...

Meanwhile i predict dude will turn into a complete savage in prison just to be acquitted (whether he's actually guilty or not)

Did you finish the season? Cuz the bolded was explained...
  • Trillfate
    Options

I feel its all open to interpretation..
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

How? It's been a minute since I've seen it but the killer was the old bf and nas was let out because of that. Prison definitely hardened him tho.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How? It's been a minute since I've seen it but the killer was the old bf and nas was let out because of that. Prison definitely hardened him tho.

Yeah; there was nothing ambiguous about the killer was when it was over.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My ? ...

gifs_01.gif
  • Trillfate
    Options
    My apologies @atribecalledgabi @KingFreeman .

My ? thought the ? was only 6 episodes instead of 8... I scrolled down and discovered 2 more eps :astonished:
  • AP21
    Options
    awww man...LMAO at the last few posts
  • AP21
    Options
    damn...surprised this thread didnt get more burn

great show
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoutout to Riz Ahmed for becoming the first asian male ever ti win an acting emmy.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He Also Made This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNyUyrkNtQk
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Shoutout to Riz Ahmed for becoming the first asian male ever ti win an acting emmy.

Dude disappeared into this role. He deserved it.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL H.B.O the G.O.A.T!!! They stay putting out classic material. Most of it always gets picked up late in the game by people though. Oz, the wire, chris rock show, the corner, Real sex, taxi cab confessions, game of thrones, etc etc the list goes on.

SMH at some people not getting the point about the show. It wasn't about who the killer was or if he got caught or not. IT WAS ABOUT HOW ? UP THE SYSTEM IS AND HOW THEY DO PEOPLE(mostly minorities). The shady side of the justice system. How y'all miss the blatant displays of racist bias, negligent cops, crooked correctional officers, the ? up politics, and crooked/greedy/sneaky lawyers who only in it for self(money & fame). The main cop in the story represented the "good cop" overshadowed by a broken system. You can tell that he eventually just said ? it, "can't beat them, join them".

That last scene where they basically figured out nas didn't do it. But kept quiet about it should have told you what it was all about. They felt bad about the case that they dropped because they couldn't get noting out of it. The lady finally grew a damn heart and went after the real killer. ? up thing is, an innocent person has already been ruined. People that work for the justice system was throwing shade at the show because it was talking about the ugly side. Even though they know that this ? goes on all the time. They were mad at that O.J simpson show for the same reason.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    just finished watching it.....

great writing, cast and photography

the prosecutor, her bulldog tenacity for a bs conviction and her lisp annoyed the hell out of me

the negative impact on Nas' family was hard to watch (his dad selling his taxi cab share/pawning belongings for cash, Nas' mom having to get a job, unwanted news reporters at they house, throwing bricks through their window, etc)

the peek behind the curtain on how deals are made among the respective attorneys as they hang out at the same bars, restaurants, etc

Nas being turned into a savage and will most likely go back to jail due to him possibly being unable to secure gainful employment, stay drug-free, succumb to his rage, being ostracized from his community, etc

Chandra looks like a ? librarian when she wears glasses