Fair or Foul: Mother/Daughter pole dancing

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    American society sees a stripper pole. You cant escape that societal norm. You criticize it and move it along slowly to a more understanding area but you can not change it instantly. So until we die a stripper pole is what it is. It is more main stream and excepted but it is still a stripper pole nonetheless.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair: i see nothing wrong here
    caddo man wrote: »
    American society sees a stripper pole. You cant escape that societal norm. You criticize it and move it along slowly to a more understanding area but you can not change it instantly. So until we die a stripper pole is what it is. It is more main stream and excepted but it is still a stripper pole nonetheless.

Do you see a firefighter pole as a stripper pole?

What about a stop sign pole?

A pole is a pole.

Kids swing on poles, trees, anything really.
  • MistyKnight
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Mmhmm..well lemme tell you, when you post them pole dancing videos my mind is not taken to an artistic place.

Despite what you feel it should be, it is what it is..and that's not really appropriate for a child imo.

When I pole, 90% of the time I aim to practice the elegant art form of it.

The other 10% of the time I wanna have fun and pretend I'm at KOD.

I don't see anything sexual about this. I see it as Aerial contemporary dancing.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul: this looks inappropriate
    The Generation of degeneracy.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    Mmhmm..well lemme tell you, when you post them pole dancing videos my mind is not taken to an artistic place.

Despite what you feel it should be, it is what it is..and that's not really appropriate for a child imo.

When I pole, I 90% of the time I aim to practice the elegant art form of it.

I don't see anything sexual about this. I see it as Aerial contemporary dancing.

Not AS sexual in this vid, but even in the low light your body looks sensual and womanly...I don't think I would want to rush my daughter into learning that side of herself at too young an age.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like my father would say if they knew betta they'd do betta
  • caddo man
    Options

Do you see a firefighter pole as a stripper pole?

What about a stop sign pole?

A pole is a pole.

Kids swing on poles, trees, anything really.
    You cant escape societal norm. You can criticize it and move it along slowly to a more understanding area but you can not change it instantly.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I didn't get any overtly sexual vibes from this and as far as "stripper pole dancing" ? was tame AF. I might take issue with my BM having a pole in her house to begin with but nothing about this video was inappropriate aside from maybe I would've been iffy about that ? grip holding my baby's upside down like that.

Look like she was just goofin around with her kid tho. No big deal

Edit: I also have an issue with posting it on social media. Any backlash she get as ? as it will be, she brought on herself, so...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ? don't seem that deep to me. We looking at the ACTUAL movements in the video or are we reacting off seeing the term 'pole dancing'? Looking at the actual video, I didn't see anything sexual about it at all. Let's take ? for what it is, rather than what we expect or want it to be.

Just my $00.02.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teach her something more useful like riding a bike or learning how to swim.
  • MistyKnight
    Options

Not AS sexual in this vid, but even in the low light your body looks sensual and womanly...I don't think I would want to rush my daughter into learning that side of herself at too young an age.

Thanks for the compliment. But I'd look sexy mopping the floor in low lights. These hips are dangerous, but that's besides the point. :p

I don't teach her per se, she just observes and then tries it when the dora theme song comes on lol or if she hears music she likes on the radio
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the compliment. But I'd look sexy mopping the floor in low lights. These hi dangerous, but that's besides the point. :p

I don't teach her per se, she just observes and then tries it when the dora theme song comes on lol or if she hears music she likes on the radio

Just wait honey, you gonna catch her dancing in the mirror at shower time and damn near have a heart attack...ijs.
  • MistyKnight
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    If I had a daughter and her mom had her on a pole I'd beat the momma's ass

Is it the pole itself or maybe its because the baby had no shirt?

Pole, topless and recording for social media. No father in his right mind would let that fly.

Topless?
    Why are you sexualizing a baby? She has no ? .

Almost every parents displays their kids on social media, so not sure what your point was with this.

And a secure father who does not see anything sexual about a topless baby would see nothing wrong with this.

Firefighters swing down poles everyday, you're gonna knock a little boy for wanting to do the Same? Or is it because there's no stigma attached to firefighters swinging down poles? #doublestandards

The child swinging on a stripper is an issue for me. If I walked in and saw the mother would have her jaw misplaced. I'm not telling you what to do with your child. I just don't agree with it but if that's a bonding moment for you and your seed or anyone else and their seed then so be it.

So a baby having fun swinging on a pole like they would with monkey bars or anything is an abomination, but you're completely OK with abusing women.

Ok @Cain

Sounds about right.
  • MistyKnight
    Options

Thanks for the compliment. But I'd look sexy mopping the floor in low lights. These hi dangerous, but that's besides the point. :p

Just wait honey, you gonna catch her dancing in the mirror at shower time and damn near have a heart attack...ijs.

What does that mean?
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Teach her something more useful like riding a bike or learning how to swim.

Why are yall having that all lives matter mentality as if that's the ONLY thing that she learns?

Im a woman of multiple talents including guitar, piano, writing, gymnastics, and much more.

Trust, my daughter will be quite an eclectic young lady. Just as I.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    giphy.gif
    yall seriously arguing this ? ?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Also as a sidenote, while it's admirable and logical to not sexualize your children...you gotta be careful not demonize sexuality or the human body, either.

thats not whats happening here fam
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Also as a sidenote, while it's admirable and logical to not sexualize your children...you gotta be careful not demonize sexuality or the human body, either.

thats not whats happening here fam

Didn't say it was. That's why I said 'As a sidenote'.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aight, @khaleesi, would you, on that pole in the playground that you just posted, do the ? you do on your instagram vids while children are playing with their parents there watching?
  • caddo man
    Options

You're not only a pervert but proud woman abuser as well.

escalated.gif
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a horrible decision, same as the decision to blow a load in that type of woman.

They only showing what they were shown.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Khalessi, nothing inherently wrong with dancing on/with a pole

Adults have added the stigma of what the pole represents.

I got 4 girls and as long as they ain't poking they ? out and twerking, I'm cool

They gonna be hella strong once they find a new hobby