Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He’s capable of averaging a double double and we know what he can do offensively, defense is the only question mark
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Glad Tatum and jaylen are starting, they can thrive in the offensive afterthought role and versatility on defense. They're also solid rebounders too, having lineups with size is so refreshing

I like that he’s giving Tatum a chance, if he can show he can defend at a high level he might just keep that spot

His wingspan and quick feet were a pleasant surprise. I want him to take guys off the dribble at the 4
  • its....JOHN B
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Still a lot to look forward to but...expectations are about the same as they were last year, sad man
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Give Tatum the 3 full time and let Brad choose between Baynes and Morris depending on matchups and I’m legit still optimistic about the season, expectations are down but it’s not a lost season, just got to hope the youngins develop faster than initially planned, and one of these guys Nader or Ojeleye are going to need to step up
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Smart in the 2nd half, rozier in the 2nd half, Tatum In the 2nd half and jaylen looked impressive. Hope Gordon has a quick recovery but we're still in the mix for top 4 in the east. Horford gotta step up offensively tho
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    Early MIP candidate on the squad? I'm liking Smarts progress, esp his attitude towards an extension. I'm just worried he plays himself into consideration for the type of contract we can't give him.

I take this back.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Kyrie and Jaylen going to be Rondo and Ray part two, I don’t mean that from a basketball perspective, heard it here first
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie and Jaylen going to be Rondo and Ray part two, I don’t mean that from a basketball perspective, heard it here first

Is it because of kyrie/Tatum?

Btw I'll give you a jewel

https://youtu.be/wxd_vZLsDSQ
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    No it’s starts with those comments by Brown and his take on the trade although I didn’t care or think much of it at the time but there was a sequence where Brown turned the ball over when he interfered with a pass that was for Kyrie andbit went out of bounds, Kyrie was chopping at him and Brown wasn’t taking it like a young player taking advice he was talking back and had a look like shut the ? up, IT might of said one thing if anything at all and got over it, Kyrie reminded me of Bron there jawing at JR or Rio but Kyrie isn’t going to be able to get away with that especially right away
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    No it’s starts with those comments by Brown and his take on the trade although I didn’t care or think much of it at the time but there was a sequence where Brown turned the ball over when he interfered with a pass that was for Kyrie andbit went out of bounds, Kyrie was chopping at him and Brown wasn’t taking it like a young player taking advice he was talking back and had a look like shut the ? up, IT might of said one thing if anything at all and got over it, Kyrie reminded me of Bron there jawing at JR or Rio but Kyrie isn’t going to be able to get away with that especially right away

I peeped that, they're both headstrong I think it'll work out over time
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Brown definitely better than ingram & has more upside, that aint disputable
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    1 thing outside of scoring that impresses me with Tatum is the fact he has 28 rebounds in 3 games. He's not 1 dimensional which shows true to being advanced on the court for his age. Rozier has played well in these games too if smart is out for an extended period I hope rozier makes him expendable. 13 & 7 through the first few games I need his aggression to continue
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Statement game on Thursday, losing to the Bucks twice this early would be a bad look, Giannis is a monster he’s going to get his but we can’t allow guys like Brogdon or Monroe to ? us
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ion think Brown believes this is Kyrie's team.. I just dont think he will fall in line with that thinking at all
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Ion think Brown believes this is Kyrie's team.. I just dont think he will fall in line with that thinking at all

1 thing I always liked about jaylen outside of work ethic is his aggression with the ball. Quick decisions and better 3 point shooting and finishing around the basket, he wants to be a go to scorer early
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Statement game on Thursday, losing to the Bucks twice this early would be a bad look, Giannis is a monster he’s going to get his but we can’t allow guys like Brogdon or Monroe to ? us

We were in the game down by 2 until the last minute, we looked crisp after those days off and practice time so I'm expecting a better performance tomorrow.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

The efficiency and versatility impresses me the most, him and jaylen playing this strong early on is why I can't give smart A pass for posting up the same numbers and barely improving in 4 years. If terry can continue this level of play I'm cool with letting smart go if be demands too much
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

We were in the game down by 2 until the last minute, we looked crisp after those days off and practice time so I'm expecting a better performance tomorrow.

Yea and it was a day removed from the Hayward injury, that injury changed everything a lot of roles changed and we’re already a team that needs to build chemistry, last nights win was a confidence booster but Thursday’s game will be more of a telling tale
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Yea and it was a day removed from the Hayward injury, that injury changed everything a lot of roles changed and we’re already a team that needs to build chemistry, last nights win was a confidence booster but Thursday’s game will be more of a telling tale

For sure I think it'll be a competitive, kyrie won't go 7-25 again. Last game they called ridiculous calls on jaylen guarding the Greek freak but he still had 18 in 27 minutes
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Theis makes me feel better about our front court depth and I like the kid Ojeleye, only player I don’t like but fortunately doesn’t get any minutes anyway is Yabusele, Scalabrine on roids is what I took from him during the preseason
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Theis makes me feel better about our front court depth and I like the kid Ojeleye, only player I don’t like but fortunately doesn’t get any minutes anyway is Yabusele, Scalabrine on roids is what I took from him during the preseason

Theis is so much better then jerebko dawg, great shot blocking timing and strong on the offensive boards too. The fact he can hit the occasional jumper is a positive too semi is a GREAT defender he put the clamps on giannis a few times
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The chemistry in this game is excellent. The defense the 2nd unit has been playing and Brads rotations are really starting to click.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? celtics !