OLD HEADS - Drop SOME KNOWLEDGE FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION

Options

Comments

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    how old you gotta be to be an old head tho?

30+ in most cases. Or remembers ? from 20 years ago vividly.
  • Catalyst2012
    Catalyst2012 Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Do not put your happiness in anyone or anything, it comes from within.

Beware of the female who doesn't keep her home.

Match their words with their blinks.
    Don't lie to yourself..be vigilant in this... then others cannot lie to you.

What does that mean
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What does that mean

see ..........damn youngins...lol

if you talking with someone then all of a sudden his blinks get slow..kinda like he raises his top eyelid slow when he opens his eyes when he wasnt doing that before....he is processing something that hes not tellin you...thats just one example...you have to see it to understand it
    and if you think a ? is just gettin tired...then you already lost
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2012
    Options
    my dad always told me these.....

every closed eye is not sleep
    just because you cant see them doesnt mean they cant see you
    if an elder tells you ? stinks, take heed before you smell it
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Know the difference between an acquittance, associate and a "friend"

The weak cause riots while the powerful move in silence...start paying attention to quiet people they get more ? done.

Never chase women you loose time and energy you can't get back less attention equals more interest.

Women are emotional creatures if you can control her mind all else will prevail with patience.

Stack whatever you got invest your money into something that will reap you double/triple years down the line.

Education has no expiry date if you got a passion and dream follow and minimize all distractions.

Travel the world it will open up your eyes on different cultures and show you how fuked up North American lifestyle truly is.

Plan, Plot and Execute when you have a goal talk is cheap because supply never meets demand.
  • Wild Self
    edited January 2012
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    1. Stop looking to other men for validation (black men im talking to yall).

2. Learn to discipline urselves for hard work & patience. Yall getting older now & need to realize nothing comes fast & that the world is a diff't place, ? on Wallstreet talmbout Occupy Wallstreet - all that sounds like to me is "gimme gimme gimme !!" nothing comes easy so learn to work ur ass off. Be patient in the end things always work out & u reap the rewards IF YOU WORKED HARD

3. Stop putting so much energy into petty things, if a ? is hating on you, turn the other cheek, dont be all up on facebook making a big ? deal outta nothing it. A cockroach is that - a roach, trash but wen u pay attention to it u feed it with the energy to build off u. Learn to allocate ur energy properly & into things that are productive & if u have a problem with something or someone find the source & get rid of it ASAP. If u step on a roach trust theres millions more where that came from but if u exterminate ur crib they all die.

4. Family is everything & ur friends aint ? (sometimes), ur friends will change & its just human nature for them to envy & hate u for what u got. Now if u dont have a good relationship with family then TRUST NO ONE but those who share ur similar views & codes of honor.

5. START READING , especially about things that will benefit you. ? on average will spend 3-4 hours on Call of Duty but cant allocate 30 minutes to reading something that will make them smarter. Back in the day when ? needed to learn how to build things they read about it partially in books & then went & tried to peace it together. My great grandfather came back from the war & had to teach himself to read just so he could figure how to do basic things like fix a carburetor, do basic wood work to build chairs & tables (cuz no ? was able to buy that ? from the front of the store). This generation dont read enuff.

6. Stop ? about ? u aint got & be greatful for the things you DO HAVE. ? say "ahh man if i had money i could get wit that girl" , "if i bigger muscles id be a better athlete" that ? sounds like excuses to me.... u have everything in this world that u need to be successful, u were born into this world with everything u need to survive, sight, scent, touch, taste, hearing. Money can bring into a state of happyness but sustaining that is another thing. Learn to be greatful of what u have & how to take advantage of those things to leverage it for more. Life is a hustle & the ? that are street smart learned to take advantage of the things they had to go further in life (both negative & positive). Also EVERY POSTER NEEDS TO READ THE JAMEL'S THREAD FROM START TO FINISH ON SURVIVAL.

7. REMEMBER u can lose battles but win the WAR. U wont win every social battle or event. Some of them ur meant to lose. Edison failed over a thousand times trying to perfect the lightbulb, Jordan didnt even make his high school team early on, 2Pac failed to take over NY as a rapper, but what those losses gave those great men was the time needed to think about where they went wrong & to see things more longer term. Edison patented every thousand attempt & formula b/c he felt he was close, Jordan didnt worry about highschool b/c college is what counted he knew his talents would be recognized sooner or later, Pac went to other places to promote himself & blew up on the west coast. Jay-Z lost the battle to Nas but he definitely won the war (many believe Hov is the Best rapper & hes definitely got a catalog of accolades that outclass Nas')

8. Reputation is everything, reputation is like ur credit card. No one likes a hoe, no one likes a ? ass ? . What ppl do respect is a ? with a reputation. Think about, if u have a good track record doing something ppl may hire u & recommend u to others. If u sling pipe well n/h broads will tell other broads & ull get more ? . If ur a revered person ? wont ? with u & so on. Reputation is everything & u must learn to establish it EARLY & maintain it.

9. Surround urself with the RIGHT people. You'll can tell how far in life you will go based on the 5 people u spend the most time with. Let that marinate..... learn to surround yourself with the right people. You dont have to give up the friends u came up with either, but in the work space learn to build the right team of people & try to immerse yourself around others that you can learn from and are goin places in life. You'd be surprised by how far u can go just based off the relationship of one person. I got to hang out with billionaires & CEOs just because one person told me to buy shares in a company so that I'd be able to attend the annual share holder meetings. Believe me it was WORTH it.

10. STOP WORRYING ABOUT ? . Women will give u problems early in life - children, child support, problems with other ? , etc. A lot of ? get held back b/c they ? with the wrong ? or got kids early so they had to drop out of school or w/e. Most ? on here i find put more stock into how to get a broad & about the broads they AINT get than on worrying about ? that matters like education, job, goals, etc. if u put as much energy into accomplishing the latter than trying to bag women ud be far more successful. ? is amazing, I love ? , but it's powerful & it'll throw u right off track if u ? a snapper. Stop worrying about ? & FOCUS on the money and ? that counts. When u get the MONEY THEN ull get the girls. Even if u partially successful, women love a ? with status & will gravitate to that. Let me reiterate.... im not talking about women im talking about ? . LEARN TO SPOT THE DIFFERENCE, u can wife a woman but a ? is jumpoff status feel me ? Get urself a woman NOT a ? . You grow with a woman NOT with a ? . A good woman will bring the best outta you, ask pralims the ? if u dont believe me.

Just my 2 cents....

^^BEtter than anything that any form of organized religion can tell you. Truth.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2012
    Options
    sion came in this ? and wrecked shop

play on playa
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

and after such a encouraging speech, they went on to lose 49 -3 (lmfao)
  • Wild Self
    edited January 2012
    Options
    - be mindful of who u disrespect, more often than not the "lames" of today become the stars of tomorrow. remember what happen to Kane at the end of Menace ?? that could have been easily avoided....

Preach. Especially this. Most famous/ successful people were once some of the biggest "lames" in High school.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Everyone is a bit smarter than you give them credit for.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options

50 said some real ? in this vid

One of the realest things 50 has ever said was when him and Stlyes P were arguing on Hot 97 and Styles P kept yelling at 50 Cent "You changed, you changed you not the same 50 as before you got big"...and 50 Cent said "Of course I changed, I made over $100 million. If you ain't changed by now you haven't made enough money yet"
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dont play the horse!
  • Wild Self
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    One of the realest things 50 has ever said was when him and Stlyes P were arguing on Hot 97 and Styles P kept yelling at 50 Cent "You changed, you changed you not the same 50 as before you got big"...and 50 Cent said "Of course I changed, I made over $100 million. If you ain't changed by now you haven't made enough money yet"

and when 50 said that staying in the hood making the same music will get you nowhere. That ? made me re-evaluate the type of music I listen to all the time. Despite 50 falling off, I have to agree. SP the Ghost is now that dude that use to be your ? uncle, talking about back in the days when he ran ? .
  • blackrain
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Know the difference between an acquittance, associate and a "friend"

So many ? will start off a ? up story with "my friend" or will tell a ? up story but end it with "But that ? still my friend"...but then talk about how nobody can be trusted
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2012
    Options
    from what someone said about 50...

money doesnt change you...the people around you force you to change you, becuz they come at you different and your responses may have to change.
  • blackrain
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    and when 50 said that staying in the hood making the same music will get you nowhere. That ? made me re-evaluate the type of music I listen to all the time. Despite 50 falling off, I have to agree. SP the Ghost is now that dude that use to be your ? uncle, talking about back in the days when he ran ? .

While I don't think that listening to certain music will keep you in a certain mindstate (hell I wrote many of my best papers in college listening to old UGK cd's), I do agree that some ? just have an aversion to growing up...it's like they see maturity as losing some part of makes somebody "real"...everybody got some young, wild days for the most part...but eventually you have to grow out of that...
  • blackrain
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    but ? scared to change..they dont want to be labeled as different

being different is 1 way to get yourself ahead of everyone else...
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    do what you feel, its your life
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yall droppin some knowledge in this ?
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Love this thread! A lot of what I was going to say has already been said. I'll add:

There's no such thing as coasting through life. If you're not moving forward, then by default, you're moving backwards. Think of a car on a hill.

Money can equal happiness. I've never seen a homeless, hungry happy person.

Save save save. I don't care how long the sun's been out...the rain WILL come one day. Be prepared.

Just b/c you're right, doesn't mean you should have the last word. Shut up sometimes. Keeping your relationship together is more important than winning an argument that won't mean ish tomorrow.

No pain, no profit. No guts, no glory.

Listen more than you talk. The person doing the most talking will usually answer any questions/clear up any confusion that you may have.

You chase him, he'll run.

Master sales techniques and utilize them in your everyday life. Just about every situation is a sales process. Master "The Takeaway"

People who say they "don't play games" always end up getting played. LOL! Trust me, if you ain't playing, someone's playing you. You already lost.

The loudest one in the room is usually the dumbest. Smart ? don't really have anything to prove. Their life speaks for them.
  • NYCeeCee
    edited January 2012
    Options
    oh,

"Comfort" is the enemy. If you're too comfortable, you don't have large enough goals....you're not really going for anything. You're basically just living, but you don't have a life.

Nobody can "make" you anything (sad, happy, discouraged, angry, etc) That's YOUR choice. Don't be a puppet.

Stop paying attention to your opponent and sharpen your own game.

Master SOMETHING. Don't be a jack of all trades and a master of nothing.

Net worth > income/salary

Your ? shouldn't be the only/most important thing you have to offer a man. Never use it as a bargaining tool, a prize, etc. You're not the only one with one.

If it (whatever) doesn't work, get the lesson, find out where YOU went wrong and move on.

Stop telling people your every move. No one really cares about what you're "about" to do. Blow up behind the scenes, they'll see for themselves.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    NYCeeCee wrote: »

Money can equal happiness. I've never seen a homeless, hungry happy person.

No pain, no profit. No guts, no glory.

realist ? i done seen
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Man up...own your responsibilities. Try to be as educated as possible with a wide variety of subjects as possible.

More to come in a moment...
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Let them assume you are stupid, than to actually know you are stupid.

Change comes from within. Don't depend on someone else to bring it about.

Don't cry over someone unless they are dead.

Momma's baby, Daddy's maybe.

Everyday is a test. Either you pass or you fail.

There is no such thing as "try".
  • NYCeeCee
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Man up...own your responsibilities...

I agree. I was actually going to say this. It may be someone else's doing that got you in a situation, but its not their fault if you stay there.