Are blacks too inclusive?

Options

Comments

• vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like blacks are the only inclusive culture on earth lol

some of you folks are a bit out of touch what the world looks like outside your little hemisphere, there are a lot of inclusive cultures, jus sayin...

Such as? Not saying you're wrong, but what other cultures do you consider to be inclusive?

Just talking from personal experience, Arabs for example (depending on the country). Also southeast asians in my experience (Thais, Filipinos etc)
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, blacks need to start loving themselves more and outsiders less...

some of you folks are a bit out of touch what the world looks like outside your little hemisphere, there are a lot of inclusive cultures, jus sayin...

Such as? Not saying you're wrong, but what other cultures do you consider to be inclusive?

Just talking from personal experience, Arabs for example (depending on the country). Also southeast asians in my experience (Thais, Filipinos etc)
    Your first post in this thread was offpoint, but this one was even worse. If there's one group that's tribal it's Arabs. You lost what little cred you had left to speak on this subject.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »
    I normally don't like these racial threads and rarely participate in 'em. I have blasted posters for making racial threads, so me making this thread a a little hypocritical. I think the topic is relevant enough to dedicate a thread to it...

Ever since I was a kid I have noticed us blacks are inclusive, eventhough outsiders generally don't reciprocatre that love or 'inclusiveness'.

As long as I can remember blacks have always accepted outsiders inton their circle, as long as the outsiders showed respect for their culture. Hence the term, "black pass". Blacks be giving out passes to whoever wanna be down. No real inniciation process, background check etc. (lol). It got to a point where a white b*tch can have a fat a*s and n*ggas wanna give her a black pass like that b*tch that played Blossom's BFF in "Blossom", Coco, Amber Rose etc. A white entertainer will get a black pass when he can do something blacks been excelling at like rapping (Em), singing (Bobby Caldwell, Michael McDonald, Thicke, Justin etc.) dancing, handles in basketball (remember Jason Williams) etc.
    AA's give out passes to outsiders forn doing degenerate sh*t like making dumb life choices is somehow exclusive to blacks. N*ggas called Bill Clinton 'the first black president' for having extra-maritaln affairs and smoking weed when he was younger (plus playing the sax).

When it's the other way around, blacks gotta be atleast twice as good to even sustain in a white (or any non-black) dominated field. They'll protect their market. Which race, other then black, gives out 'passes'? Outsiders will tolerate you, but they don't accept you.
    Blacks always seeking validation from outsiders and accepting anyone weekensn their position and opens them up for infiltration. No coincidence every black invention got stolen by outsiders.

Are blacks too inclusive or am I wrong?

Ain't you guyanese a some ? ?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Another thing I noticed. Outsiders seem to be mad comfortable to speak on black issues or to interject themselves in black discussions liken their opinion matters. You got white (or non-black) chicks that think that they speak on black issues because they f*cking n*ggas. When it's the other way, nobody will let a black person speak on their issues. Like if a n*gga is married to a Asian broad, their people won't let him speak on their affairs. You get checked quickly.

I agree to the fullest

But, in most situations, to me, at least from what i can tell on black message boards, MOST(If you feel like you aint somebody im talkin bout then fall back) Africans and west indian ? , afro brit ? , afro canadian ? , afro latina ? , half breed bi-racial ? , fall right into that outsiders category with people who aint black at all, too much culture clash, while looking down on afro americans, thinkin they better than us and ? , expectin us to change hundreds and hundreds of years of how we see and do thangs to accomodate they backwards ass, now i see how them crackas feel about hispanics comin ova here changin ? , tryna re-decorate ?

i cant say ? on them other boards but ova here ? ? imma tell it, take it how you want it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your first post in this thread was offpoint, but this one was even worse. If there's one group that's tribal it's Arabs. You lost what little cred you had left to speak on this subject.

lol I was thinking the same thing. I guess he might be on point with Filipinos, but they are more pacific islanders than they are southeast asians.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i once read a book about a ? wit a jewish momma

this ? said "most black people are friendly and trusting, thats why they get taken advantage of so easily"

cracka ?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    R0mp wrote: »
    As said before, we are an accepting and forgiving bunch, to a fault. Perhaps this is a result of the exclusion we've faced over the years--whatever the reason may be, everyone isn't your friend nor should they be.

I don't know. I disagree with this. I think our acceptance and forgiveness is a strength. The people we accept and forgive usually aren't the ones that ? us over. Our problem is less with how we treat outsiders and more with how we treat our own. Accepting and/or forgiving people who are worthy of that is fine, but we are nearly that understanding when it comes out our own people. That's the problem. Nothing wrong with supporting the Asian store in the hood, but how come when a black person tries to get something similar off the ground and running, they can't get any support?
    Blacks ain't that forgiving towards eachother though. That forgiveness is only reserved for outsiders. That forgiveness you're talking about is just fear and cowardice.
    That 'acceptance' is blacks putting everybody else before themselves cuz deep down they don't like to be black. They don't accept themselves evidenced by the fact they like non-black features and such more than their own. Who get more love in the black community? Nappy headed, darkskinned blacks or mixed breeds? Nuff said...

Blacks run away from they blackness while trying to associate themselves with anyone else.

Where are you getting this stuff?

from a ? island somewhere, he describing his ethnic group and the ? he grew up around back in his homeland somewhere, thats just a small dose of that culture clash im talkin bout, thats why this ? aint resonating with you, them ? down there hate they self, AAs dont be on that self hatin ? like that bleachin and talkin bout they hate they features and ? , AA women wear weave and relaxers but all that bleachin ? aint whats hot up here, they post all over AA message boards got folks thinkin AAs out here ? up

AA are known for black pride and makin it cool to be black not on some dominican ass im not black ?

im on that black power diaspora ? fa life but yall need to get some organization goin on round this hoe wit that generalizing ? , me or nobody i know in real life wants to be white, i wouldnt even wanna be ? light skin
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like the generalizations either, the black experience is different everywhere even though we may have some similarities.

I see a lot of questionable stuff on all sides, mainly because people turn their brains off and start thinking with their emotions, spreading misinformation and unnecessary dissension between us and other people, Taking stuff out of context, being sensitive, overly judgmental all that stuff is nerve wrecking.

I support them in their cause to correct harmful behavior but let's make sure it is what it is first and not make wild statements with little factual basis.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    700 wrote: »

this ? said "most black people are friendly and trusting, thats why they get taken advantage of so easily"

cracka ?

No lie, that's what Columbus said about the Native Americans he ran into. He was basically like "These people are friendly and trusting, so I'm sure we can dominate them with minimal effort.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed. Outsiders seem to be mad comfortable to speak on black issues or to interject themselves in black discussions liken their opinion matters. You got white (or non-black) chicks that think that they speak on black issues because they f*cking n*ggas. When it's the other way, nobody will let a black person speak on their issues. Like if a n*gga is married to a Asian broad, their people won't let him speak on their affairs. You get checked quickly.

I agree to the fullest

But, in most situations, to me, at least from what i can tell on black message boards, MOST(If you feel like you aint somebody im talkin bout then fall back) Africans and west indian ? , afro brit ? , afro canadian ? , afro latina ? , half breed bi-racial ? , fall right into that outsiders category with people who aint black at all, too much culture clash, while looking down on afro americans, thinkin they better than us and ? , expectin us to change hundreds and hundreds of years of how we see and do thangs to accomodate they backwards ass, now i see how them crackas feel about hispanics comin ova here changin ? , tryna re-decorate ?

i cant say ? on them other boards but ova here ? ? imma tell it, take it how you want it
    I don't see why you'd be on that devisive ? but then again I've seen you post in The Reason and that's your shtick. Just like you attack basically all non-American blacks in this post I've seen you do the same to AA's from the north in the past. I don't think your ploy to derail this thread into a AA vs. Afro-whatever will work, but maybe someone will bite.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

cracka ?

No lie, that's what Columbus said about the Native Americans he ran into. He was basically like "These people are friendly and trusting, so I'm sure we can dominate them with minimal effort.

That's the ? about Sub-Saharan Africans that irks me immensely. Such is our trusting and forthcoming beliefs and values that continually enables the Slavish system....we have a saying in my ethnic group "fa ma nyame" (leave it to ? ). Pretty much meaning, leave all to ? irrespective of your plight....who dafuq is this ? that allows his trusting people to suffer for this long? ? him and all who believe in it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »

cracka ?

That's the ? about Sub-Saharan Africans that irks me immensely. Such is our trusting and forthcoming beliefs and values that continually enables the Slavish system....we have a saying in my ethnic group "fa ma nyame" (leave it to ? ). Pretty much meaning, leave all to ? irrespective of your plight....who dafuq is this ? that allows his trusting people to suffer for this long? ? him and all who believe in it.

Yeah, our people got to learn you can be welcoming without being overly trusting. That's pretty much Southern Hospitality in a nutshell. Them same people down south that greet you with a big welcoming smile, also have a gun in the truck just in case you get crazy.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Lol @ The notion that a non-AA black poster can't make threads discussing certain racial topics, but posters claiming to be AA can insult non-AA blacks and make sweeping generalisations. In another thread I saw certain posters call Afro-latino's and Dominicans in particular "? " because they think they don't have the same racial stratification system as the one their white masters gave them. These n!ggas don't speak Spanish, haven't visited these countries they're speaking on and can't know latin societies other than googling ? about them. I had to check these posters, but no'one complaining in here really spoke up. They can however speak up when a 'foreigner' speaks on stuff he's witnessed with his own eyes.
    jono wrote: »
    I don't like the generalizations either, the black experience is different everywhere even though we may have some similarities.

I see a lot of questionable stuff on all sides, mainly because people turn their brains off and start thinking with their emotions, spreading misinformation and unnecessary dissension between us and other people, Taking stuff out of context, being sensitive, overly judgmental all that stuff is nerve wrecking.

I support them in their cause to correct harmful behavior but let's make sure it is what it is first and not make wild statements with little factual basis.
    I'm from and lived in Curacao (Caribbean), NY (US) and Europe and visited alot of places in both Latin America and Europe and while no place is the same I've seen similarities in the black communities in the places I've lived and visited.
    I already stated that most if not all threads in g & s that's not news stories are generalisations to atleast a certain extent. If you see statements being made that are untrue or "have little factual basis" disprove 'em. You haven't done that in this thread TBH.

You're contradictory because while you whine about generalisations being made you cosigned a dude who basically insulted and generalized every non-American black person. You talking out of both sides of your mouth. You were saying n!ggas were making emotional arguments and you were whining about n!ggas causing dissention between people BUT you cosigned a dude that labeled every non-American black "backwards" and accused them of looking down on the people he claims to represent. Strange but then again it's not...

• alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blacks want to be down with everybody but don't nobody want to be down for us. We got to be the stupidest people on this earth. It hurts my soul knowing that until we as blacks, african americans being the first have to come together and just ? with dark people with beady hair. If you ain't bout that blacks life then we ain't ? with you. Even if you have the aforementioned features
  • Muhannad
    edited January 2015
    Options

cracka ?

Yeah, our people got to learn you can be welcoming without being overly trusting. That's pretty much Southern Hospitality in a nutshell. Them same people down south that greet you with a big welcoming smile, also have a gun in the truck just in case you get crazy.
    That's basically what real n!ggas have been saying throughout this thread. Every outsider that invaded African soil has subjugated Africans and stole land and resources. Blacks have been subjugated by almost every group they came into contact with. In almost every black community around the world lighter skinned or mixed blacks are favored. This is not up for debate no matter how many weak posters wanna take offense.

Blacks being too inclusive or trusting of outsiders as @Rasta put it is a fact. 1000+ years of documented history prove this.....

PS Peep how Chinese are colonizing Africa to get their hands on their resources. You think that could happen if it was the other way around?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited January 2015
    Options

I agree to the fullest

I don't see why you'd be on that devisive ? but then again I've seen you post in The Reason and that's your shtick. Just like you attack basically all non-American blacks in this post I've seen you do the same to AA's from the north in the past. I don't think your ploy to derail this thread into a AA vs. Afro-whatever will work, but maybe someone will bite.

I ain't on no divisive ? , im just tellin it like it is, the foreign blacks on this board is cool and aint no where near as bad as on other boards(even though what you just tried to pull was too much, tryna tell us what we did bill clinton lol look at you ? ) but yall gon have to respect the cultural norms of black americans when you come here

i see a lot of yall people on other boards talkin bout some ? one drop rule, dont nobody give a ? about that 1920s ass ? , its like you ? just stepped off a ? banana boat and somebody handed you a black history pamphlet, you ? 100 years behind, dont nobody give a ? about that ? , tryna change who is considered "black" and who aint black enough, talkin bout light skin black folks aint black and ? , yall gon have to adapt or ?

if i see one more ? african or west indian ? online say somebody like malcolm x or muhammad ali aint black or even ? beyonce aint black just because they skin aint the color of ? kingsford charcoal, muthafuckas dont even understand the concept of black in an american sense tryna tell us who is what and what we need to do about it
  • Rasta.
    Options

I agree to the fullest

I ain't on no divisive ? , im just tellin it like it is, the foreign blacks on this board aint no where near as bad as on other boards(even though what you just tried to pull was too much, tryna tell us what we did bill clinton lol look at you ? ) but yall gon have to respect the cultural norms of black americans when you come here

i see a lot of yall people on other boards talkin bout some ? one drop rule, dont nobody give a ? about that 1920s ass ? , its like you ? just stepped off a ? banana boat and somebody handed you a black history pamphlet, you ? 100 years behind, dont nobody give a ? about that ? , tryna change who is considered "black" and who aint black enough, talkin bout light skin black folks aint black and ? , yall gon have to adapt or ?

if i see one more ? african or west indian ? online say somebody like malcolm x or muhammad ali aint black or even ? beyonce aint black, muthafuckas dont even understand the concept of black in an american sense tryna tell us who is what and what we need to do about it

Well, did you educate them? Did you endeavor to seek out their reasoning? Fact of the matter is, there's lack of ignorance on both sides of the pond concerning this, castigating one side does not help. Please riddle me on what is considered "the acceptable cultural norms" of black America. Even this forum alone has different "norms" depending on the location of the poster
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about black on black crime. Lol
  • Rasta.
    Options

cracka ?

That's basically what real n!ggas have been saying throughout this thread. Every outsider that invaded African soil has subjugated Africans and stole land and resources. Blacks have been subjugated by almost every group they came into contact with. In almost every black community around the world lighter skinned or mixed blacks are favored. This is not up for debate no matter how many weak posters wanna take offense.

Blacks being too inclusive or trusting of outsiders as @Rasta put it is a fact. 1000+ years of documented history prove this.....

PS Peep how Chinese are colonizing Africa to get their hands on their resources. You think that could happen if it was the other way around?

There are times i'm seen as "the good guy", at work, in friendship and just every day activities. It's innately embedded in my conscience and consciousness to "be". That attitude and way of living does not and won't translate to success in the 20th/21st century. Africans struggle with this way of thinking hence the backward thinking i always label us...it's a dog eat dog world now, ? being nice.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    People said Matt was a good poster on here for years just to try to look like they were smarter than they really were soooo....
    Hi Ki
    If this isnt the realest statement ever...smh And it took a white guy to say it. Smmfh

If i had a dollar for every 'Yo Matt is hilarious/funny/a troll/a good poster'. Fukin ? .
    Buut hiw do we apply this scenario to reality? I dint c him sayin the ? he said, among black groups in reality...and if u do i need to know where ur from

thats non transferable Internet ? , like most ? on this site

And on top of that, y do we ...er....yall assume everyone who cosigned him, hell everyone on this site period, is black? Cause i aint seein it

I dont really undertdsand what you're saying.

Its a matter of asessemnt. There are certain things that dont transfer from the net to irl: (threats, stuntin, 'i bag all dimes', etc), then there are things that do-acceptance of white people into the culture is one. Caping for white people while putting the blame back on us is another.

Munny was spot on. Rather than take Matt's word for what he was---a racist-- cats would actually go out their way to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was deeper intellect, reason, and cunningness to what he was doing. Same as how we go out of our way to defend white people in trouble. See Barkley, nas w/ gwenyth paltrow, steve harvey w/ paula dean, kurupt w/ Donald Sterling, kendrick lamar last week, etc.

@ the bolded,that ? was high though LOL. "They took down a good man"
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only blacks who qualify to speak on black issues on a whole are those who travel and lived in other nations or at least among lived among other black ethnic groups.

Most African Americans don't know ? about the rest of the black world. They filter everything through the internet and like most Americans in general don't even have a passport.

Colorism is much less of a Problem in the west Indian community than it used to be and really is now more of a female problem, skin bleaching is rare.

The term black power was coined by a west Indian living in America and west Indians have always been some of the most pro black blacks on the planet word to Marcus garvey and stokely carmichael
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i grew up with them so i should know
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think the word is also stigmatize ourselves. if we don't talk walk or act a certain way even we call the black man a token black guy or uncle tom and other ways to kinda take shots our selves cuz we basically limit the idea of a black man only to be a certain stereotypes. Yall the real ? for perpetuating this.. oops i mean MVPs.

The only time they get away with this usually is if they are a good looking black person ironically esp a woman Ive noticed i.e. hilary banks syndrome, and even that has it's cut off if they happen to date someone out their race then they a sell out but if they start ? withe black guys like Satcey Dash for ex., then they cool, but if they ? with white guys like that fine Haitian from the Jamie Fox show (Francine? sp?), then they overrated as hell and nothing special.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    The problem is we don't play the rules everybody else plays. If everbody else was as welcoming as us, being inclusive wouldn't be an issue. There's always ? to learn from others. The problem is we're too idealistic. We think assimilating and being cool with everybody will eventually be rewarded. Not the case. And not enough of us realize that.

i love ya black ass @atribecalledgabi
  • YardieBehavior
    YardieBehavior Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Inclusive? How about you American ? stop acting like ? , all you talk about in your rap songs is how many guns you ? got and how many shooters you got and how you aint scared of nobody but as soon as a some little white boy in a blue onesie with a shiny little badge on it rolls on your block and claps you in your ? head everyone turns into a little ? and runs away, then the next day your back on the mic talking all that greazy talk, you ? are ? theres like 50 million of you ? in the states.. over here in the UK theres only about 2.5 million of us but we tore the whole country down when they shot one unarmed lightskin ? in London you ? been ? made for 500 years straight asking evil whitie if they can stop being mean and give you a cookie shut the ? up and fight no one wants to hear about Martin Luther Peace or some ? sitting on the back of a rarsclart bus, fight back or shut the ? up. I dont know how the ? we apparently came from the same place in Africa cuz you ? are ? .