Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched tonight

Great film... Def gunna cop that 3.5hr long director's cut Gary Gray said he dropin with the dvd/bluray

glad DOC kinda got some shine even tho there was no mention of his solo career & dude didn't get any type of lines. But at least his presence was on screen.

Yella was funny as the comic relief

People doubting Dre wildn out... Warren G said in a recent interview Dre was the wildest one out of the whole crew back then.

4.5-out-of-5-stars.png

...interested to hear how Arabian Prince feels about the film
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    P. Town wrote: »
    AMAZING movie, if yall noticed, Frank Alexander (Pac's bodyguard RIP) also got some love, he was suppose to be the guy with Suge during the scene at the pool party who calls Suge away where Jerry is looking at Suge Knight from a far. He was rocking a Laker's jersey.

I'm speechless, I had really high expectations and this film blew them out the water, I was satisfied. Suge Knight threw his life away over how he was portrayed in the film SMMFH. It's funny b/c Dre was quiet af even after all that ? , the movie was prolly the first time he actually opened up about it and he didn't even paint Suge to be all that bad compared to how he could have done him. That's crazy how Dre doesn't even own the rights to 2Pac's music and it's a shame because some old jewish woman has the rights to his catalog SMMFH.

The part about him saying "Aftermath" was chilling to me, I liked it, because Dre knew that ship wouldn't last much longer the way Suge was running things - just as Cube knew with Jerry Heller it was only a matter of time. He closed that door and won. Dre was prolly gonna jump ship a long time ago, I think he just wanted to see if he could get the masters. That's why I think he only produced for Chronic, ? and a few songs for Murder Was The Case, Suge prolly realized that early, and that if Dre left so would Snoop, Warren G and the Dogg Pound. It prolly was Suge's narrow-mindedness to try and turn Pac against Dr.Dre so he could latch on to him.

Overall great movie, the competition I think was weak this year so it's possible this could win an Academy Award or at least several nominations. Bridge of Spies, Danish Girl, The Revenant and The Hateful 8 would likely be it's competition. Best Picture, Best Sound, Best Writing Adapted Screenplay, seem possible.

It's definitely a Hip-Hop classic, wish Dre woulda done a video for one of the tracks off his Compton album to carry the film. Always felt that every major movie had that - The Bodyguard/Whitney Houston, 8 MIle had Eminem with Lose Yourself, Batman had Seal, Armageddon had Aerosmith, etc. Woulda been dope af if Dre did that too.

Overall I'd rate it 8.8/10

Hold on @Sion, you watched the movie up to that point and came to the conclusion that the dude in the Lakers jersey was somebody else even though he had already been introduced as D.O.C.?
    P. Town wrote: »
    AMAZING movie, if yall noticed, Frank Alexander (Pac's bodyguard RIP) also got some love, he was suppose to be the guy with Suge during the scene at the pool party who calls Suge away where Jerry is looking at Suge Knight from a far. He was rocking a Laker's jersey.

I'm speechless, I had really high expectations and this film blew them out the water, I was satisfied. Suge Knight threw his life away over how he was portrayed in the film SMMFH. It's funny b/c Dre was quiet af even after all that ? , the movie was prolly the first time he actually opened up about it and he didn't even paint Suge to be all that bad compared to how he could have done him. That's crazy how Dre doesn't even own the rights to 2Pac's music and it's a shame because some old jewish woman has the rights to his catalog SMMFH.

The part about him saying "Aftermath" was chilling to me, I liked it, because Dre knew that ship wouldn't last much longer the way Suge was running things - just as Cube knew with Jerry Heller it was only a matter of time. He closed that door and won. Dre was prolly gonna jump ship a long time ago, I think he just wanted to see if he could get the masters. That's why I think he only produced for Chronic, ? and a few songs for Murder Was The Case, Suge prolly realized that early, and that if Dre left so would Snoop, Warren G and the Dogg Pound. It prolly was Suge's narrow-mindedness to try and turn Pac against Dr.Dre so he could latch on to him.

Overall great movie, the competition I think was weak this year so it's possible this could win an Academy Award or at least several nominations. Bridge of Spies, Danish Girl, The Revenant and The Hateful 8 would likely be it's competition. Best Picture, Best Sound, Best Writing Adapted Screenplay, seem possible.

It's definitely a Hip-Hop classic, wish Dre woulda done a video for one of the tracks off his Compton album to carry the film. Always felt that every major movie had that - The Bodyguard/Whitney Houston, 8 MIle had Eminem with Lose Yourself, Batman had Seal, Armageddon had Aerosmith, etc. Woulda been dope af if Dre did that too.

Overall I'd rate it 8.8/10

Hold on @Sion, you watched the movie up to that point and came to the conclusion that the dude in the Lakers jersey was somebody else even though he had already been introduced as D.O.C.?

LOOOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL it was like 30 seconds I musta turned away or was talking during the scene I was excited maaaannn allow it LOLOLOL I thought it was Frank Alexander

I didnt wanna pile on Sion but Warren G was also never on Death Row. He was Def Jam.

But i get what you was sayin
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a talkin ass ? thru movies and even I didnt miss a beat outside of that cube switching straws thing lol
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope tha dvd has a commentary where they explain why tha ? cube was switchin those straws
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• TheGOAT
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    i hope tha dvd has a commentary where they explain why tha ? cube was switchin those straws

Hope they have NWA sit down and do the commentary

That would be GOAT but i doubt it
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    4770212.t.jpg

Man 80s fashion weird lol . Actually this reminds me of this generation fashion
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Finally watched it last night, dope ass movie. The guy who played Eazy was great and Cube jr. killed it but the guy playin Dre irked me a little bit. He was good and had the voice/mannerisms down but man he dont look ? like Dre to me. Looked like he had a pile of makeup on his face too. The Pac guy was real good too.

But I didnt catch the Cube changing straws thing, what the hell are yall talkin about?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally watched it last night, dope ass movie. The guy who played Eazy was great and Cube jr. killed it but the guy playin Dre irked me a little bit. He was good and had the voice/mannerisms down but man he dont look ? like Dre to me. Looked like he had a pile of makeup on his face too. The Pac guy was real good too.

But I didnt catch the Cube changing straws thing, what the hell are yall talkin about?

whole time im watching this like wasnt Dre fat in the Nothing but a G thing days?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

That scene is right before they get harrassed by the black cop and white cops outside of the studio. They need to speak on it, hopefully it's in the directors cut in the DVD release.

ive seen it six times and still dont know wtf yall talking bout
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody beat dee barnes ass again, ? in the 90's liked to get beatdown
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4770212.t.jpg

...Remember the 90's pop rapper named Candyman who made that song "Knockin Boots?"...Well thats him in the bottom right corner...Phucked up aint it...lol...
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That scene is right before they get harrassed by the black cop and white cops outside of the studio. They need to speak on it, hopefully it's in the directors cut in the DVD release.

ive seen it six times and still dont know wtf yall talking bout

When heller comes with a contract for eazy. Cube gets up and asks about everyone else's contract..while switching everyone's straws. Eazy like " yo the contracts are cool but y da ? u switching the straws?" Lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Lol at White feminists coming outta the woodworks like they give a ? about Dee Barnes or Black women.

The only time white feminists defend black women is when it's against black men. Where are they when white cops are beating on black women?
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    4770212.t.jpg

Who is the white guy? Never knew his name after all these years.

I stumbled upon an article where they interviewed everybody on that cover, except Eazy for obvious reasons and Dre and Cube because they can't be bothered, and outside of the core group (Ren, Eazy, Cube, Dre, Prince) those other cats were random dudes that the record company got to pose for the cover.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Watching again ....only the first half tho ....I ain't got 3 hrs today
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    4770212.t.jpg

I stumbled upon an article where they interviewed everybody on that cover, except Eazy for obvious reasons and Dre and Cube because they can't be bothered, and outside of the core group (Ren, Eazy, Cube, Dre, Prince) those other cats were random dudes that the record company got to pose for the cover.

Speaking Arabian Prince, I wonder what happen with him and the group.

Over money
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4770212.t.jpg

4770212.t.jpg

...The other lesser known members weren't really random...They're all connected to each other some way....MC Chip is Ren's homeboy...Sir Jinx is Dre's cousin...Kid Disaster was in a rap group with Jinx and Cube before N.W.A....DJ Train and Ren known each other since they were kids...
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alonzo was a fuckboi
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2015
    Options
    4770212.t.jpg

4770212.t.jpg

...The other lesser known members weren't really random...They're all connected to each other some way....MC Chip is Ren's homeboy...Sir Jinx is Dre's cousin...Kid Disaster was in a rap group with Jinx and Cube before N.W.A....DJ Train and Ren known each other since they were kids...

That's what's up I stand corrected.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4770212.t.jpg

Speaking Arabian Prince, I wonder what happen with him and the group.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/arabian-prince-what-happened-after-nwa-and-the-posse-6588582

Good read

that's wassup he still eating, enjoying life
This discussion has been closed.