Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Options

Comments

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I don't blame black women for not supporting this movie though. Dre was a black woman beater & rapped many anti black women lyrics and Cube was a huge misogynist. A lot of Black people also feel NWA was a COINTELPRO scam used to further hoodwink the youths in the hoods across America. I'm not much about conspiracy theories but it's not far fetched to see why they would think that. So don't expect every black person you see to want to see or be into seeing this movie.

Wow, that is an odd rumor. Never heard that one before. It's pretty silly tho. I mean, who were the conintelpro agents? Jerry Heller, Brian @ Priority, the d.o.c.? lol
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Suge is short for Sugar which in his case is short for Sugar Bear #Pause

That means dude wasn't as evil as he's been made out to be. I don't know the guy personally but I don't know of any person in history that ever had a nickname that they didn't earn/personify to some degree.

So is that why Debo from Friday's nickname is Tiny?

I was waiting for somebody to use that as an example.

Now, have you ever known someone named after something sweet that didn't embody it in some type of way?

Didn't think so.

Ice Cube got his nickname by being "cold with the ladies on some ? ? "

Snoop got his name from the cartoon that he loved as a little kid

etc etc

Do your history on Marion Knight the Man before you jump to conclusions by the legends (and distortions) of Suge Knight. You'd be surprised

Are you Suge's cheerleader? Unless you know him personally you really don't know more about him then everyone else. Eazy claimed Suge threatened his mom and ? . Dude was a villain in the nwa movie cuz he was a villain in real life.

Who do you work for and why shouldn't Suge get the benefit of the doubt?

And as far as Ms. Wright is concerned, who's to say that E wasn't blowing ? out of proportion like normal business people who just lookin to get paid?

You know just as much about Suge as you do Eazy-E truth be told
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw this tonight. My thoughts:

1. The movie was a bit self-serving to Cube and Dre who produced the movie.

2. Cube got WAAAAY more mic-time than Eazy and definitely Ren. Why do we need to hear Cube's verse on ? the police twice?

3. Eazy came off bad. They show him downgrading his house, and breaking up weed instead of him firing back with Real Muthafuckin G's. I dunno, history is written by the winners I guess.

4. The guy that they got to play Yella looked just like him.

5. It will be interesting to see Cube's son in another role.

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    a lot of the happenings in the movie, like the record smashing by Cube, the Detroit riot by the police after they told the group don't play the ? the Police, the interview afterwards when Cube threw that shot at Eazy, and all the turmoil with the contracts and why Cube left, was all spread by word of mouth back then. No internet to instantly report it. And to see it played out on the big screen 25 years later is epic. I remember my boy telling me that Ice Cube used to write Eazy's rhymes. Then he put me on to the NWA and the Posse album, where you get a taste of a young DOC and other members of the group the movie don't even mention.

yella was straight comedy throughout the movie. he was only about the females

and seeing him laugh at No Vaseline was classic. he knew that was the end of the group because the chicks were digging the disses as well. When Ren jumped up and demanded they get a reply ready, Yella was like, "NO". Just seeing their reactions each bar was funny as hell, they were hurt by each line that came out those speakers. NWA was dead at that point.

too bad Cube and Dre weren't into showing themselves in a negative light, it would have been funny to see when MobStyle chased NWA off the Apollo stage in NY.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aw it earlier today

That opening scene was great start to the movie...and them banging out tge bus windoW too

Fave.scene was when they had dude under the table wit the dog on him...that was some vicious ?

Great movie

? touched me and made me proud to be black

Cant recall the last time a,movie did that honestly....been years upon years

Classic
  • I Self Lord & Master
    Options
    N that red bel air suge had.......mean!

Echk!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    finally saw it.

They jus skimmed over 100 miles and running. Yet played pretty much ALL of No Vaseline with reactions.

They made it seem like Cube wrote Friday all by himself. um DJ Pooh

SMH. They kinda made Eazy look like a sucker in the end. Beggin Cube and Dre for a reunion. Then STRESSED that E went from a mansion to the regular house.

Good to hear Bone get mentioned and seein the "Bone" tape next to Eazy's death bed was a super nice touch.

and Bone Thugs deserved a mention at the very end when they were speaking on NWA's off spring. (50, Em, Snoop etc). Bone was Eazy's last gift to the world b4 he died.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    Options
    I wanna watch this ? again....i supported at the show...some someone pm some lanks
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT azzz movie.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great movie.

I was a bit disappointed they skipped over ? wit Dre Day and Real Muthufuccin Gz.

Definitely looking forward to that directors cut

And I forgot just how vicious and etherous No Vaseline really was. Cot dayum.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Great movie.

I was a bit disappointed they skipped over ? wit Dre Day and Real Muthufuccin Gz.

Definitely looking forward to that directors cut

And I forgot just how vicious and etherous No Vaseline really was. Cot dayum.
    Bruh, I was sittin there listening to it as if I heard it for the 1st time...cot damn. ? in theater was giving "Damn", "Ooo", and @" reactions. Lol.

Dem POOL PARTIES tho!! Lawd! Ole girl azzz that was shaking behind Jerry's head when he had E sign the checks...LAWD!

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seeing compton menace as OG 2 tone was random but funny AF. Movie was great. i think they all did a good job, including snoop and pac
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I call ? on easy getting jumped by suge folk and dre talking ? and punching folk

why because some country ass ? named master p said it?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    a lot of the happenings in the movie, like the record smashing by Cube, the Detroit riot by the police after they told the group don't play the ? the Police, the interview afterwards when Cube threw that shot at Eazy, and all the turmoil with the contracts and why Cube left, was all spread by word of mouth back then. No internet to instantly report it. And to see it played out on the big screen 25 years later is epic. I remember my boy telling me that Ice Cube used to write Eazy's rhymes. Then he put me on to the NWA and the Posse album, where you get a taste of a young DOC and other members of the group the movie don't even mention.

and seeing him laugh at No Vaseline was classic. he knew that was the end of the group because the chicks were digging the disses as well. When Ren jumped up and demanded they get a reply ready, Yella was like, "NO". Just seeing their reactions each bar was funny as hell, they were hurt by each line that came out those speakers. NWA was dead at that point.

too bad Cube and Dre weren't into showing themselves in a negative light, it would have been funny to see when MobStyle chased NWA off the Apollo stage in NY.

What?? Did you not see Cube get his azzz whooped coming off that escalator? Or Dre gettin helmed up and arrested by the police?

As for Eazy getting. jumped, from my understanding I heard there was a confrontation b/t he and Suge. But I thought it was Suge who showed up at Eazy's office wit them goon ? , and bats?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What?? Did you not see Cube get his azzz whooped coming off that escalator? Or Dre gettin helmed up and arrested by the police?

As for Eazy getting. jumped, from my understanding I heard there was a confrontation b/t he and Suge. But I thought it was Suge who showed up at Eazy's office wit them goon ? , and bats?

word is Suge pulled the ? him
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomicka Wright was given producer credits with Dre & Cube

Im sure if anyone knows Eazy got roughed up it would be her... So imma guess he was touched

Master P dont know. Tomicka does
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Im sure if anyone knows Eazy got roughed up it would be her... So imma guess he was touched

To me, it's obvious they got a lot of information from her.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanted to see Dre slap Dee Barnes.

Great film.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

To me, it's obvious they got a lot of information from her.

Yeah it makes sense for her to fill in his blanks.

Its not like Cube/Dre needed to reach out to her to financially help produce the film
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to watch it again. Right now.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    Options
    Crazy thing is....i thought this ? was gonna be wack as ? when it was announced....
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

those examples don't put them in a negative light. Cube and Lynch Mob actually fought back against those Ruthless goons. Yeah, Cube got snatched off the escalator, but he and his crew were scrapping.

Everyone got held up by the cops, so that's just like.....normal.

An example would be what I mentioned after what you bolded, when MobStyle rushed the Apollo stage while NWA were performing. Or the battle between MobStyle and NWA on wax.

Eazy's verse from Real ? was a diss to MobStyle, with the Good, the Bad, the Ugly see, a real street wise ? , you know me. That was a call out to MobStyle's album The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

The group wasn't teflon, which the movie only showed the real problem was issues amongst themselves.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

those examples don't put them in a negative light. Cube and Lynch Mob actually fought back against those Ruthless goons. Yeah, Cube got snatched off the escalator, but he and his crew were scrapping.

Everyone got held up by the cops, so that's just like.....normal.

An example would be what I mentioned after what you bolded, when MobStyle rushed the Apollo stage while NWA were performing. Or the battle between MobStyle and NWA on wax.

Eazy's verse from Real ? was a diss to MobStyle, with the Good, the Bad, the Ugly see, a real street wise ? , you know me. That was a call out to MobStyle's album The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

The group wasn't teflon, which the movie only showed the real problem was issues amongst themselves.

But that was the point of the movie tho. They didn't have time to dive into details about each, and every beef they had with folks. You got Google for that. The movie itself was mainly the rise and fall of the group, and the social impact they had. Who really cares about MobbStyle, or Eazy's diss towards them? That's nothing compared to the groups beef with the L.A./Detroit PD, and each other.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly when dre asked the girl if he could come up to her room and she shut him down i thought he was about to strong arm a hoe

you aint never lied