Ya still paying a cable bill?

Options
felliwonda
felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
Yo about how much is your cable bill looking like? I cut all ties with cable companies until further notice... But I got my hands on this little "cable killa mxv box"... maybe am late but any of ya familiar with it... So far I like what I see

Comments

• Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Xfinity|$125.00. Barely look at the damn thing except for English Premiere League Football, La Liga & Serie A Football, Champion League Football, couple more sports and the AM news. Got the Amazon fire stick with Kodi thing but overall I rarely look at television.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Around $200.

We got our cable and Internet bundled together through directv.

I also got NBA league pass that's hitting the account currently as well as HBO and Starz movie channels.

Netflix is good; however, not good as a replacement cable provider for me, and they don't update their ? enough for me good ? drops and they don't get it until like a year or two later sometimes even longer if at all.

I also like to keep up with sporting events such as basketball and football and from my experience streaming is not nearly as reliable.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    Xfinity|$125.00. Barely look at the damn thing except for English Premiere League Football, La Liga & Serie A Football, Champion League Football, couple more sports and the AM news. Got the Amazon fire stick thing with Kodi thing but overall I rarely look at television.

This^^^

I feel that nobody should be paying for cable in these times especially when you have those devices in your repertoire. I rarely watch TV unless it's NBA or Power. If it's not both of those then the TV is off
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $65 Direct TV mostly kids shows for my son and sports

But Showtime got some good shows on and I watch lil ? like Suits on Cable so it's worth it to me...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @yellowtapesport
    @numbaz...80's baby

Do you guys get something like "On Demand" where you can watch shows that already came on? I want to switch.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I pay 110 for cable.. I get channels... on demand.. nfl network and NBA channels..HBO channels and the new xfinity cable box.. I'm good
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @yellowtapesport
    @numbaz...80's baby

Do you guys get something like "On Demand" where you can watch shows that already came on? I want to switch.

You gotta record ? on DVR thats the closest u gonna get
    They have pay-per-view
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No cable since September. Netflix and an HDMI cord to watch anything from my laptop on the TV. I don't miss much so far.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Too much for wack ass xfinity. Rental agreement on my house says we can't have a dish tho (don't ask me why) otherwise i woulda switched cuz it's cheaper. I just got a fire stick with kodi and have netflix and all that but i do still watch a good amount of live tv so it's worth it for now. I don't be in the mood to try to go through the internet to stream all the time.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a unlocked Amazon box with some applications like Phoenix, movie 4K, navi,

They sell them on eBay for around 50-150$, one time price, all you need is an internet connection, and you can watch movies that come out in a week, movies in theatre, old movies, new tv shows, old tv shows, pretty much anything, all the nudie flixxx, pauper view events

Just gotta have wifi, stop paying for cable about a year and a half ago
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Too much for wack ass xfinity. Rental agreement on my house says we can't have a dish tho (don't ask me why) otherwise i woulda switched cuz it's cheaper. I just got a fire stick with kodi and have netflix and all that but i do still watch live tv so it's worth it for now. I don't be in the mood to try to go through the internet to stream all the time.

all you have to do is tell them you going to cancel your subscription and they will adjust your bill...
  • damobb2deep
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Get a hardbdrive, get fast internet, torrent everything you want to watch. Its that easy

lol that's some nerd ? .. I don't ? with torrents..
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get a hardbdrive, get fast internet, torrent everything you want to watch. Its that easy

been doing this for damn near a decade.. gotta 2tb hard drive thats damn near full... only thing is.. still doesnt help with live sports.. if I could have that, plus dl torrents. ? could finally pull the plug on cable
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have basic cable now. Use to have direct tv in my basement for football. We have a firestick in every room with kodi installed. I wont let cable go though cuz i cant get local channels in kodi. I could do an antenna but nah. A lil over a 100 month.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? cost me £120($170) a month including internet. So I got all major sports and movie channels...

But the thing is, everything i watch airs in the US first so I still stream almost everything I watch and I got Kodi installed on the smart TV for new movies and some sports. Shows like Flash, American Crime Story don't reach the UK till weeks after airing in the US....i aint got time to wait.

I keep the ? for the kids to be honest. Movies/Music and kids channels. Plus I got Sky Go similar to HBO Go I guess...I watch the news everyday in my car on the way to work and catch football games when I'm out or have them on my phone when the kids watching TV.

I may look to reduce it, by I love the fact I can watch everything at my convience in full HD, plus they doing full box sets like netflix so...iunno.

But I have links for everything, so I don't actually need it..smh
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as high as fast Internet is, I may as well pay for basic cable
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a unlocked Amazon box with some applications like Phoenix, movie 4K, navi,

They sell them on eBay for around 50-150$, one time price, all you need is an internet connection, and you can watch movies that come out in a week, movies in theatre, old movies, new tv shows, old tv shows, pretty much anything, all the nudie flixxx, pauper view events

@GabrielProsser can you get NFL sunday ticket with that unlocked amazon box?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I believe you can bruh, using the Pheonix app.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hell yeah, been a Giants season ticket holder since I got the box lolol, sometimes they give you ? commentators tho, but i don't use the nfl ticket I use the local sports channel and in new yorks its msg network, like the dmv uses Comcast sports network and so fourth, I've watched pretty much every laker game I want to
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Too much for wack ass xfinity. Rental agreement on my house says we can't have a dish tho (don't ask me why) otherwise i woulda switched cuz it's cheaper. I just got a fire stick with kodi and have netflix and all that but i do still watch live tv so it's worth it for now. I don't be in the mood to try to go through the internet to stream all the time.

all you have to do is tell them you going to cancel your subscription and they will adjust your bill...

Did that twice. First time they did it, second time they called my bluff lol

how you do it is talk to them right before your bill goes up...

I just did it in January.. they told me as long as I talk to them by December they will keep my bill the same....