Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's Nymeria? She hasn't been around since Season 1.

Leading a pack of 50 wolves in the Riverlands
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    yeh.. that was ? .. and nah.. i don't even think Dayne was trying to ? him.. probably cause he was Layanna's brother and Rhaegar probably said to stall him out.. cause he was toying wit them ? but givin them other ? THAT WORK! lol

and then the ? ? happen..
    when that ? happened to Ned like was pointed out earlier Jaime stalled him out..

i told y'all Jaime was a good dude at heart.. jus was born to the wrong family..
    BUT THIS NED DUDE!?!?!

this is with whom u ? place ur faith??

NO WONDER the Starks takin all these Ls.. the gods frown upon the ? he pulled..

Cosign. I think he was gonna stop and tell Ned what was really happening in the Tower of Joy. I don't think he wanted to ? Ned. The way Dayne went out was grimey tho but got dayum this is Game of Thrones... Look what happened to that Dorne ? .

Yo the tree ? did say they were gonna "revisit again another time" maaaannn I hope it happens again soon. He also said if they stay too long they'll be lost forever I wonder what that means, maybe foreshadowing ?? That's the second time he told him about "staying too long" hhmmm.

Let's put this easy way, using the Back to the Future trilogy............

if one stays too long in the past timeline, you WILL run the risk of alternating the timeline (even if you trying to avoid it, cause the small things can still snowball into something big) ....when that happens, you can erase others or yourself out of the timeline (think Marty's mom trying to date Marty) ...
    yeh.. that was ? .. and nah.. i don't even think Dayne was trying to ? him.. probably cause he was Layanna's brother and Rhaegar probably said to stall him out.. cause he was toying wit them ? but givin them other ? THAT WORK! lol

when that ? happened to Ned like was pointed out earlier Jaime stalled him out..

i told y'all Jaime was a good dude at heart.. jus was born to the wrong family..
    BUT THIS NED DUDE!?!?!

Cosign. I think he was gonna stop and tell Ned what was really happening in the Tower of Joy. I don't think he wanted to ? Ned. The way Dayne went out was grimey tho but got dayum this is Game of Thrones... Look what happened to that Dorne ? .

Yo the tree ? did say they were gonna "revisit again another time" maaaannn I hope it happens again soon. He also said if they stay too long they'll be lost forever I wonder what that means, maybe foreshadowing ?? That's the second time he told him about "staying too long" hhmmm.

if one stays too long in the past timeline, you WILL run the risk of alternating the timeline (even if you trying to avoid it, cause the small things can still snowball into something big) ....when that happens, you can erase others or yourself out of the timeline (think Marty's mom trying to date Marty) ...

But he is technically not there
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh this coppin pleas for Ned gotta stop. Y'all saw what it really was with y'all own eyes; that ? ain't what we all thought he was.

I'm not entirely sure what you think he was supposed to do.

Was he supposed to ? his homie for stabbing dude in the back? Just stand there and watch him bleed out? Send a raven for a maester?

Explain what he did wrong?

It wasn't just the stab in the back, it was the totality of that whole scene for me. Ned came rolling up with 5 other ? deep talking that big boy ? : "No, now it ends." Yes, we know Dayne was nice with the swords, but it was still 6 against 2 and Ned and his crew still got swiss cheesed. If anybody claps somebody from behind what do we call that? Some ? ? . That's what the great and mighty Ned Stark was saved by, ? ? . Like I said, it wouldn't have been so bad if Ned's heroism wasn't so mythic in the show. Seems to me Ned was just an extra regular ass ? that caught some breaks. ? might get real ugly for Ned's legacy if they show some events from Robert's Rebellion. Poor Bran must be so disappointed.

But when the show build up Ned as a great hero? All the show, and even the books, established is that he was a good, honorable guy. Ned certainly never claimed to be a great hero. Where are y'all getting this from?

And what was he supposed to say/do during the confrontation with Dayne? Yall act like he was supposed to cower in fear....
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know its a war and all...

But when Best Men are fighting there's a code of conduct

Think at Blackwater when Bronn and the Hound had those words...if they got to fighting and some someone jumped in from the blindside, they both wouldve killed his ass

Reed came to ? and did his purpose, Ned cane to mostly fight and rescue (? if madatory) and thats why he was shook

Dayne disarmed him like "lil boy u aint ready, go get ur sister tho"

And like someone already said Dayne couldnt go out from a stab in the back so Ned made it look "clean"

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    I know its a war and all...

But when Best Men are fighting there's a code of conduct

Think at Blackwater when Bronn and the Hound had those words...if they got to fighting and some someone jumped in from the blindside, they both wouldve killed his ass

Reed came to ? and did his purpose, Ned cane to mostly fight and rescue (? if madatory) and thats why he was shook

Dayne disarmed him like "lil boy u aint ready, go get ur sister tho"

And like someone already said Dayne couldnt go out from a stab in the back so Ned made it look "clean"

If you only prepare for a fair fight, you aren't prepared to fight in any way, shape or form.

Why would you fight someone fair that you couldn't beat in a fair fight?

? are drone strikes fair? Snipers shooting guys from over 1000 yards fair? Hell nah, but thats combat. War is about being UNFAIR as possible.

and Bronn is the king of fighting unfair so I'm not sure why you'd bring him up.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ned did what he could. He doesnt become dishonorable because of someone elses actions unless its direct kin or something. But thats a diff issue. Ned also cant take the the chance or assume Arthur Dayne is out there to "stall"

Im totally confused by anyone who cant see this. Ned went to a fight he knew he couldnt win to get his family or die trying. Unless he was supposed to poison himself like Juliet there should be no problem here
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This fight showed why Ned was so humble and didnt bring praise upon himself

You cant control the way people tell stories only that they have them to tell
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JOHN SNOW LIVES...and walked da f*** out. Lol.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    put my boy on to GOT yesterday, been getting hourly updates
    "oh ? he pushed him out the window"
    "this ? is real"
    "so many ? "
    etc

making me wanna go back and watch it from the start again ? he been talking bout ? i forgot ages ago

One GOAT to you Ser, we should all do our part for the realm
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    One of my friends called me crying after she saw the red wedding when i put her on lol

You too, my Lady
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited May 2016
    Options
    smh Ned has never claimed to be a great swordsman nor do others name him among the best. He's regarded as a hero because he took charge when his brother and father were killed by the Mad King and helped Robert successfully take the throne. The Tower of Joy is just one of the many stories that get exaggerated after wars. All the stories told and not shown were prolly different to what actually happened. Ned himself never told anyone he defeated Dayne in one on one combat. Just that he was there and he (Ned) killed him.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BUT THIS NED DUDE!?!?!

BUT THIS NED DUDE!?!?!

But he is technically not there

But Ned "hearing" Bronn, and also Old Dude in tree aka "Tree Ike Turner" warning about staying too long...pretty much shows they are there..........
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    I hated Alliser Thorne in the book and the show up until last night...dude went out like a champ..

FOH, he went out like a ? when he played himself tryin to go against the GAWD Jon Snow. That ? deserve to swing from the rope until his head pops off, ? him, the rest of those disloyal chumps and that boy. They got off easy IMO. I woulda flayed they ass Ramsay style for that ? ? ...
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wildling ? turned Jon Snowboy into thr Snowman

But was ol gorl hinting at Arya that she wantd Jhaqen killed

That isnt the head of a direwolf, it was small and black....its a setup
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    I hated Alliser Thorne in the book and the show up until last night...dude went out like a champ..

FOH, he went out like a ? when he played himself tryin to go against the GAWD Jon Snow. That ? deserve to swing from the rope until his head pops off, ? him, the rest of those disloyal chumps and that boy. They got off easy IMO. I woulda flayed they ass Ramsay style for that ? ? ...

LOL...what he did was foul..but he thought it was right and owned it to the very end...you gotta respect that...Dude coulda went out like Slynt, snotting and sneezing, begging for mercy...
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Melisandra can bring people back from the dead then surely she can give Bran his legs back no ? There's gotta be a spell for that to heal Bran.

Why would she do that?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Melisandra can bring people back from the dead then surely she can give Bran his legs back no ? There's gotta be a spell for that to heal Bran.

Why would she do that?

? iuno why not *shrugs* ? If they can do what they can they could prolly find some magic to repair his legs. The kid can travel back in time and control thoughts for crying out loud LOLOL

He dont need legs. He needs a wheelchair.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thorne didn't go out like a ? . I actually think he was a good character in the show, maybe even slightly better than in the book. In the book, he's portrayed as more of a snake, like Slynt. In the show, he was just at odds with Jon. They both were standing on their principles. One of them had to go, and I'm glad it was him, but dude wasn't outright wrong for what he did. Jon did legitimately do everything Thorne accused him of.