The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    99 Homes starring Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon, & Laura Dern. It's about a construction worker who lives with his mother and son who gets evicted from his house during the housing collapse of 2008. But soon after he becomes employed by the same man who evicted them. Basically an exploration on whether you would sell your soul to better your lifestyle. Starts off extremely good but then kind off falls apart during the second half as it becomes more and more cliche. 6/10.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Sicario didn't really ? away like I thought it would, felt like it was missing something honestly.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    220px-Hunted2003post.jpg
    I went movie diving for my pops and picked up a couple for myself.

Benecio Del Toro & Tommie Lee Jones star in this movie about an off the rails government trained soldier (BDT) who needs to be brought to heel for some evil ? he did in the past by the man who trained him (TLJ).

Its a cat and mouse thriller with some decent action. The acting won't blow you away nor will the story really but I think its a cool movie. A solid C+ BTD killed a bunch of people in rambo-like fashion, they were making knives in the woods and theres an ill knife fight in here too.
  • jono
    Options
    220px-The_November_Man_poster.jpg
    Pierce Bronsnan stars as a retired spy who is lured back into the life when a friend of his is shot down by a former apprentice. It has all the trappings of a spy movie with the double crosses and plot twists. Which indeed are cliche' but happen in every spy flick sans James Bond.

I like Bronsnan here because he's a bit dark, its cat and mouse in a way but it has alot

A strong B-. I think it might be a little too cliche' as spy stories tend to be. However its not Jason Bourne-ish confusing nor is it overly action packed like a Bond film. I liked it alot.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Sicario didn't really ? away like I thought it would, felt like it was missing something honestly.

Cs. Wasn't a bad movie by anymeans but I thought it would be a but better.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Heathers (1988) starring Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, & Shannen Doherty. A pitch black cult classic comedy/satire about a girl who gets involved with a rebellious new kid in town and together they plot several murders they make to look like suicides at their high school. Definitely shocking and ahead of it's time. Also kind of foreshadows real events that would take place around 10 years later. It's on Netflix by the way. 6/10.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

c/s

it was a well made film, just didn't move me

i don't like emily blunt as a lead, she's just meh to me....maybe that's it

seen the The Witch (2015) is started off slow but it was one of the better horror, supernatural movies i've seen the last couple years. its about a family in 1630s new england who are torn apart by witchcraft and an evil spirit. had to pray after that

Midnight Special (2016) was cool. its about a boy and his parents who are on the run from the government and the Mormon church...the boy is supposedly a conduit to ? ....mike Shannon from boardwalk empire plays the father

Newly Weeds (2013) movie I found on Netflix. about a young, struggling repo man who is asked to choose between weed and his girl. kind of low budget feel but it was really a good movie. wee-bay makes a cameo
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The witch ..set in the 17th century ( I believe) ..a family moves out into the middle of no where surrounded by woods which is the home of a witch who torments the family ..pretty suspenseful with a nice twist at the end 7/10
  • jono
    Options
    [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/? _the_irishman_poster.jpg[/img]
    Pretty good flick. I saw that critics typically didn't like it because it was pegged as a ripoff of Goodfellas but this movie is dope, in my opinion.

Synopsis:
    Danny Greene (Ray Stevenson) is an Irish gangster that goes from being a union boss to a successful mob associate. Greene is well liked by his new friends until he refuses to pay a $70,000 to a Jewish gangster with mob ties named Shondor Birns (Christopher Walken).

A gang war takes place where Greene aligns himself with a gangster who was skipped over for a promotion named John Nardi (Vincent D'Onofrio). Nardi & Greene begin a war against the N.Y. mob with Greene growing a legend of the man the mob can't ? .

I give the flick a B+
    On its own all the players play well. Walken is excellent, as always and D'Onofio is slowly becoming one of my favorite actors. Stevenson is solid as Greene, the character has some good depth too. He's not a typical gangster.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw the witch.

Fell asleep on it and woke up near the end. ? was weird af. My girl said it was wack. Not interested in watching again. 4/10
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching this show on netflix called chefs table. This show is so ? good. Each episode is about a chef and their resraurant. They tell their story from the beginning. These people do some amazing ?
  • MoeW
    MoeW Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Options
    Just watched Mo' Better Blues for the first time. Good movie.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Love Jones ..7/10
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Love Jones ..7/10

Brother to the night
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Love Jones ..7/10

Brother to the night

I use to think this movie was boring until I sat and really watched it
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched London has Fallen. ? was great. Like a call of duty movie
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched Keanu - ? had its moments, glad i never paid for it though
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6535070a4a8b1d72ae51fa8624cea201.jpg
    TRANCERS+1+AUG91+2.jpg

The first film is dope, the second is pretty good as well. about to go through the rest of the series.
    and who knew helen hunt was sexy at some point in time
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Peaky blinders. I couldn't get through the first episode when I tried to watch it last year. But this dude at work kept talking about it so I gave it another run. Show is tough.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Peaky blinders. I couldn't get through the first episode when I tried to watch it last year. But this dude at work kept talking about it so I gave it another run. Show is tough.

Really tough or a lil tough
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Middle men on Netflix. Nice lil film, surprisingly good
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

Lol by tough I mean it's solid
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited June 2016
    Options

I know was just ? with u lol
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

I know was just ? with u lol

200w.gif