Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    Vellum wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    What is the endgame in doing this? Is this going to change the justice system? The world is already aware of the injustices that black people face here in america.

We are in no-win situation because we aren't united and we don't have any land or infrastructures to call home.
    When Mlk said he regretting about leading his people into the situation this is the end result.
    We can't get justice, We can't thrive in a land that we don't control .
    I just don't understand black people at all there is no logical way to win in the current state that were in.
    One of the law of power Law 11: Learn To Keep People Dependent on You and as black people that's who we are right now we depend on white people for everything so we can't win

Idk what endgame is but as long as these protests keep disrupting white Harmony they should continue... black people have nothing to lose at this point

was gonna. Say this..

Who gives a ? what the "endgame" is..

The mere fact that ? are starting to give a ? less about whites opinion and acceptance is beautiful..

Let these ? be great!

we'll cross that bridge when we have to..

The ? are u talkin about.
    I didnt even finish readin that ? seein as i CLEARLY stated in the post u quotin how im happy ? is FINALLY starting to NOT give a ? about what crackas feel and think..

Thats empowerment in itself..
    And jus the beginnin... Cause wit that mental chains are bein broken..

Try again..

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't really clear with my point.

You asked "who gives a ? what the "endgame" is?" The answer is "everyone with any sense." No one protests for the sake of protesting. People protest to accomplish something, so everyone involved should care what the endgame is.

A few ? not giving a ? what white people think doesn't mean much if ? are still getting shot down in the street. Making white people upset is pointless if it isn't resulting in something that benefits us.

As for breaking mental chains. I wouldn't even say much of that is going on. There have always been black who gave less that a ? what whites though. My wife's grandfather slapped the ? out of a white man back when that could get you hanged. He had to leave his hometown for life, but...hey, it was probably worth it. The fact that we got so called civil rights leaders out there bashing the players for what they're doing shows you that those chains are still very much intact. So better to aim for real victories than meaning psychological victories.
    Bruh, these football players have sparked nationwide protest. Black ppl have FINALLY became aware & are now challenging white supremacy as we know it. But pessimistic azz ? like you aren't even given the ? a chance to grow by already talking about a ? end game. Progress will NEVER get made if ? don't appreciate the little things. Why not just be proud of black athletes finally taking a stand? Believe it or not, things like this are what start real change

Do ya'll ? actually think about the ? that you're saying? You think Kaep did this ? and didn't give a ? if anything came out of it or do you think he had hopes that it would lead to more?

Nobody is being pessimistic by asking where we go from here. That's what you're supposed to do. Of course we're proud of the athletes stepping up and taking the lead. Now we all have to turn it into something.

I don't know where you been, but people been protesting for years now. That's great, but eventually it has to result in something. You're absolutely right. Things like this start real change, but only if there is someone thinking on how to build on it. If everyone is like you and is just satisfied with the protest, nothing gets accomplished.
    One of the dumbest post in IC history. ? you do realize you gotta start somewhere. You not just gon wake up one day and racism gon be dead. A end game may take YEARS. But the point is somebody is FINALLY taking a stand, and that somebody has started a nationwide debate. It's also made white ppl confront their racist history in america. You can't talk about the national anthem without mentioning the racism behind it. Yet you're dismissing of all of this because a end game hasn't been reached? Um ok ?

? , shut the ? up. You think kaep is some revolutionary? You young ? are crackhead stupid. Before you ? had social media to communicate all the time, people were still putting in ground work. People were still upset, trying to march, trying to get their voices heard. Kanye west still got infront of the world and said george bush doesnt care about black people. That ? wasnt jokes at the time.

How dare you say somebody has FINALLY taken a stand. HOW ? DARE YOU. Like black people just been sitting by being quiet and complacent like slaves for decades until some downs syndrome looking light skin brotha continued the conversation.

You bottom feeders have the nerve to come at me, but say some ? like "finally somebody is taking a stand".
    Again. To put it in perspective, you're a ? who was defending Ray Lewis being a ? in this same thread. RAY LEWIS!!? You are the WRONG ? to speak on anything regarding social injustice. Matter of fact, you're just as much of a boot lickin ? as Ray Lewis is.

With that said, what I meant was we finally got athletes with a HUGE platform taking a stand on social issues. The thing is we call ppl out like Cam Newton, Richard Sherman, Charles Barkley for being ? , and say "why don't athletes speak out more on social matters involving their own", but when they do internet ? like you & Lonious tear them down. For the record, Kaep hasnt done anything other than legally protest. How tf can you criticize him? Uncle Ruckus of the IC azz ?

Ray lewis is not a ? , nor was he cooning in his statements. As he clearly stated his backing of colin k in that very same video. You morons were just jumping the gun because of his opinion on not bringing the flag into it, and didnt actually listen to the entire 15 minutes. You probably still havent, as that would be too much work for your feeble minds.

Anyways, i havent said much of anything disparaging about colin's stance at all. Ive been mostly neutral, albeit not very impressed, but neutral, and in disgust of the very illogical criticisms of him thrown at him by americans, black and white.

Due to your inability to ever keep up, or your brains general incompatibility with work, which leads you to not read, and clarify your opinion on peoples viewpoints. It is clearly my bad to interact with you, since you cant possibly see beyond 3 feet in front of you. [/b]
    Again,
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8_CsejltIw
    Watching this, if you don't think this ? a certified ? then you're in the same boat.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah reading the ? with the two Rams players who said Fisher asked them to stand so they did so but just raised their fist had me thinking for a minute

And I'm sure most of the other coaches saying the same ? to these ? ...I don't think I could lace up and give it my all

This the ? that kind of killed my love for football, seeing how these ? just fall in line and take whatever
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I watched this earlier...cot damn. Even when she was done, you can see the fumes coming outta her.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    if MLK was alive today he'd be labeled a racist, race baiter, troublemaker, etc.
    I'm tired of them ? out MLK's name and legacy
    yes, MLK was nonviolent. that didn't stop his own government from killing him

He was called those things then
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @blackamerica

Watching this, if you don't think this ? a certified ? then you're in the same boat.

Whats the context of this by the way?

Anyways, i finished the whole 9 minutes. Outside of me disagreeing with some insane 25 year mandatory for having an illegal gun, there was nothing coonish about this.I dont see how another black man who has dealt with the legal system, and made bad decisions, is now a ? for his opinion on the objective, factual reality of crime in our communities.

He couldve gave the point without bothering to include BLM, as to give you morons no excuse to call him a ? and disregard his love for you as his brotha, and his passion in hating to see us ? each other. Lets be real. If he didnt mention anything about BLM, and this was just a rant about crime in our community, you wouldnt be calling him a ? .

A ? if you will still choose to use the word, is someone who will literally sell you out to watch you die and or fail, and be happy about it. A brotha who agrees with you, but disagrees in where we're focusing our emotion, and attention is not a ? .

What a foul, and weak human being you are to call ray lewis the white mans racial slur of us over a mere difference of opinion. Slit your own throat right now. Again, how some of you have made it this far in life is astounding.

Waiting for the inevitable, "I aint read that ? , ? ", followed by some other gibberish. Since none of you here are capable of ever refuting your asinine claims.

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://patch.com/maryland/bowie/49ers-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-decries-police-shooting-pg-county-man
    49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick Decries Police Shooting of PG County Man

WASHINGTON, DC -- Anger is rising over the shooting death of an African-American man from Fort Washington, Md. by local police, and now San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has weighed in on the incident himself.

Kaepernick has made headlines recently for his decision to kneel during the national anthem at the beginning of games to call attention to racial injustices and shooting deaths of unarmed black people at the hands of police. The case of 31-year-old Terrence Sterling, who was shot to death just off New York Avenue in Northwest D.C. over the weekend, is starting to catch the attention of Black Lives Matter advocates.

In a recent scrum with reporters, Kaepnerick pointed to the shooting of Sterling as another example of what he was demonstrating against.

"There was an incident yesterday where Terrence Sterling was murdered, unarmed black man, I mean, once again," Kaepernick said. "It's become habitual. It's an issue and needs to be addressed because it continues to happen, and every time it's administrative leave, that's not right. That's an issue that needs to be addressed, and policies need to be changed to address that."

The Metropolitan Police Department says Sterling was fleeing police when a patrol car stopped him. Police opened fire when the motorcycle collided with the patrol car. Video was posted by WUSA 9 recently of the aftermath of the incident, which showed Sterling lying on the ground with his helmet still on as police came to administer CPR. He was later pronounced dead.

Black Lives Matter supporters have since flooded social media slamming the shooting, posting under the #TerrenceSterling hashtag.

• Vellum
    Options
    So a ? driver on a bike runs into a police car trying to speed away, and gets popped. WTF. I assume he was ? in that area, considering how he was allegedly driving. I use to party down there back in the day heavy.

Anyways, thats unacceptable. Even i as a citizen, in the most crazy of states, cannot just shoot someone to death because they ran their car or motorcycle into me. Yes the motorcycle is a weapon, but for gods sake man, clearly the call was about a ? ? on a bike, not a terrorist fleeing the scene after seeing planting a bomb.

Watch how everyone now shuts the ? up about criticizing Colin. LMAO. Like oh ? , damn, more evidence. Lemme just move on now.
  • Vellum
    Options
    @Shizlansky Damn son. Youre feelings that hurt that youre hitting spam on some ? im agreeing with colin and this ? up scenario.

You must be a loser, bro. Sad life, but you can come out of that ? . Keep ya head up brotha.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Willie D gives "? Of The Week" to Ray Lewis. (Well deserved)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOlHKV9rA4E

props to the Willie D. The OG is always going to keep it trill
    ? gets hilarious around the 10 min mark when he compares Francis Scott Key to the dude from thriller.. Lmao
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.chron.com/sports/texas/article/Beaumont-youth-football-team-at-center-of-9219489.php
    Beaumont Bulls looked like a team of regular 11- and 12-year-olds as they went through football drills at practice Monday night.

But after taking a knee two days earlier during the national anthem at their game against Pasadena, they have been hurled into the center of a social media tumult, subjected to widespread backlash and violent criticism.

The team, which plays in the senior division of the Bay Area Football League, decided to kneel Saturday to protest "the injustice that goes on in our society for minorities," coach Rah-Rah Barber said.

Earlier in the week, he and the other coaches had discussed taking a knee while the players stood, but decided not to, he said. He changed his mind when several players approached him and asked if they could.

"I asked them to tell me why" they wanted to kneel, Barber said. The players explained not only that they had seen San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick do the same in the NFL but that they understood why.

After receiving approval from all of the players' parents and the Bulls' executive board, the entire team knelt on the sideline with their hands on each other's shoulders. The Bulls went on to beat the Pasadena Panthers 27-0. It wasn't until Saturday night that Barber realized people were talking - and texting and posting.

Since then, he said, he has received both positive and negative feedback from across the country.

"I've gotten support from some," he said, but others found his Facebook account and sent him messages that ranged from saying he should be fired to saying he should be hanged.

The criticism hasn't stopped at Barber, according to April Parkerson, whose son is on the team.

"There's been a lot of hate," she said. Commenters online have said that "our coaches and players should be lynched, they should have burned in 9/11, there are people who are saying the n-word," Parkerson said. There's also been "an outpouring of love and support" from those who agree with the team's decision, she said.

"They're more aware than people realize," she said of her son and his friends, who over the summer had talked about violence against African Americans, including the deaths of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling, and had expressed concerns about their own safety.

Since Saturday, her son has seen some of the comments online, she said, but he told her the reaction made him more confident that they had done the right thing.

"We're not going for defiance," Parkerson said of the team's decision. "We want change." Kneeling is still a sign of respect, she said. "When a player is injured, you kneel, or when you're praying," she said, but not standing was a way to draw attention to the issue that the players were discussing.

For Barber, it was also an opportunity for him to talk to his players about the national anthem and its history, as well as about injustice.

In a statement, the Bulls' board said that they supported the players' "silent and peaceful" action.

"However, their choice to express themselves has now made them a target for hateful comments and threats to their lives as well as those working with the team by those in our community and surrounding areas. These types of responses are not how we teach them to react when they don't agree with something," the statement said.

"We are truly disheartened by some of the responses, but we know that they are not representative of the entire Golden Triangle. It is our hope and desire to cultivate young men that will be leaders in our communities that will make a difference in this world and though their stance was not seen by all as a sign of progress, we believe that it was and we will continue to support them."

This is the second time in less than a week that race has been a visible issue on Southeast Texas football fields. Last week, players from Bridge City High School's football team forwarded a racist message and picture of West Orange-Stark player Te'ron Brown to Brown before the teams played each other Friday night.

Bridge City's Athletic Director Dwayne Dubois apologized on social media Thursday, and the players and students involved were disciplined, according to superintendent Todd Lintzen. Supporters, including fans and cheerleaders, wore T-shirts with Brown's name and number to the game Friday, which West Orange-Stark won 55-0.

Fans from Bridge City also sent notes and baked goods to Brown and the team.

Security was heightened for that game, something the Bulls' executive board members said they aren't worried about when the team plays again.

Parkerson said that though as a parent, "you're always worried," she trusted that her children would be safe despite the criticism.

For Barber, the task at hand is balancing the team's decision with getting back to football. He said before Monday's practice that he planned to talk about the response with his players but that he didn't want it to be a distraction. "They're 11- and 12-year-olds, I have to figure out how to explain the situation to them and still keep them focused on football."