Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure you ? know who the man with the stick is right?

donnie yen
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    As someone who isn't a Star Wars fan and didn't like the Force Awakens at all.

This movie was dope. It had an original story and it actually felt like this movie was made before the originals which is a big achievement for the director. The characters were relatable and that final hour/battle was straight fire. Props to Gareth Edwards for getting me emotionally invested in a Star Wars movie again. The score is a big problem but to not have John Williams and this composer only getting four weeks to compose the score I won't hold it against them. I would never tell anyone who hasn't watched Star Wars to start with the prequels. They are TRASH. But I would recommend this movie before the originals and that's a huge achievement. 7.5/10

That last minute with Vader going H.A.M. ? man...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    As someone who isn't a Star Wars fan and didn't like the Force Awakens at all.

This movie was dope. It had an original story and it actually felt like this movie was made before the originals which is a big achievement for the director. The characters were relatable and that final hour/battle was straight fire. Props to Gareth Edwards for getting me emotionally invested in a Star Wars movie again. The score is a big problem but to not have John Williams and this composer only getting four weeks to compose the score I won't hold it against them. I would never tell anyone who hasn't watched Star Wars to start with the prequels. They are TRASH. But I would recommend this movie before the originals and that's a huge achievement. 7.5/10

That last minute with Vader going H.A.M. ? man...

I would tell the thostart with the last 30 minutes of episode 2 and watch episode 3thats when it started to look and feel like star wars
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Nah for how restricting this movie was being placed right before part 4 and after part 3 this ? came out great without any plot holes and tbh that's hard to do I. Hollywood
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So I'm watching a new hope and obi wan says to Luke that his father wanted him to have his old lightsaber. How is that possible when he was turned to the dark side of the force when he was born?
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    So I'm watching a new hope and obituary want says to Luke that his father wanted him to have his old lightsaber. How is that possible when he was turned to the dark side of the force when he was born?

Obi-wan told Luke a half truth watch return of the Jedi it will all be explained.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    So I'm watching a new hope and obituary want says to Luke that his father wanted him to have his old lightsaber. How is that possible when he was turned to the dark side of the force when he was born?

Obi-wan told Luke a half truth watch return of the Jedi it will all be explained.

I haven't watched the these in awhile so excuse me. I find myself paying attention to every scene of this movie since watching Rogue one.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    So.... the vader hallway scene was the most unnecessary but most satisfying scene in any movie I ever seen. Obviously fan service and the buzz from that scene will fuel a full on vader movie. Disney is really putting effort into most of their movies involving marvel and star wars.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    So was Darth Valder really that I'll during his time in the movie or yall ? just gassing. ? up? Was it only 5 minutes of screen time or what?

It was the best guest appearance since AZ on illmatic.

I'll say Eminem on blueprint but you right too lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Saw it today...

Very gritty, war action (both on the ground troops and star fighter combats), loved the scale shots too which gave everything a much more authentic feel to the narration

As others said, this could arguably be the best movie in the franchise (definitely one of the best at least).

CGI and other effects were phenomenal and Darth Vader was GOAT
    my only main criticism was I didn't like the opening 15-20mins of the film. Very boring, scene setting, kept showing multiple cities/worlds with new characters like I was supposed to remember all that, who the characters was and the dialogue....."nah ain't nobody got time for that!"

Will see it tomorrow but ? like this will make the movie an overrated disappointment. Nothing will top the original trilogy just like no Zelda game will top OoT or FF me will top FFVII.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't gonna watch this because Star Wars in general is stupid overrated, but ? was gassin Yoda in the Clone movie the same way, and it definitely made it worth it to watch the rest of that ? of a movie.

Plus ain't no good football games on tonight so I'm in there

so u jus go dis Star Wars like that!!?

but nah.. Yoda put that work in..
    that was better the this lone Vader scene.. but jus te whole feel of it was epic..

but he was washin scrubs..
    but it was ? RUTHLESS!!! like SHAYT!!!

the whole movie was lit..
    u go ? wit it fam..

I'm at the crib right now watchin revenge of the sixth waitin on my old lady to get back... this ? wild corny lol. But I'm in it for the fight scenes so yeah Ima diss but they still gon get my money
    83f5m72ht0rt.png

revenge of the sith is what got me into the whole Star Wars to begin with..
    i liked it.. episode 1 was cool.. 2 was blah.. but it made me go watch episode 4-6 initially and i was hooked and went to watch 1,2 afterwards..

Palpatine was playin Chess on they ass.. i enjoyed the story as well as the fight scenes..

HAVE AN IMAGINATION ? !! lol

Episode 3 got a lot of people into star wars on the low, I remember when it dropped when I was in high school and my friends never looked at any of the star wars movie but when the saw episode 3 with anakin getting his legs and arm chopped off and getting burned ,then seeing him get the Darth Vader outfit they was hooked to it.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    I swear when vader forced pushed the rebel up to the ceiling he was giving a fist pump saying ? yeah to himself when he was walking they ass down lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Wasn't gonna watch this because Star Wars in general is stupid overrated, but ? was gassin Yoda in the Clone movie the same way, and it definitely made it worth it to watch the rest of that ? of a movie.

that was better the this lone Vader scene.. but jus te whole feel of it was epic..

u go ? wit it fam..

I'm at the crib right now watchin revenge of the sixth waitin on my old lady to get back... this ? wild corny lol. But I'm in it for the fight scenes so yeah Ima diss but they still gon get my money
    83f5m72ht0rt.png

i liked it.. episode 1 was cool.. 2 was blah.. but it made me go watch episode 4-6 initially and i was hooked and went to watch 1,2 afterwards..

Palpatine was playin Chess on they ass.. i enjoyed the story as well as the fight scenes..

Episode 3 got a lot of people into star wars on the low, I remember when it dropped when I was in high school and my friends never looked at any of the star wars movie but when the saw episode 3 with anakin getting his legs and arm chopped off and getting burned ,then seeing him get the Darth Vader outfit they was hooked to it.

Episode 1, 2 and 3 introduced a new generation of Star Wars fans. Funny how the movies weren't hated back then and the theaters were packed. They spawned the resurgence of the franchise.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Saw it today...

Very gritty, war action (both on the ground troops and star fighter combats), loved the scale shots too which gave everything a much more authentic feel to the narration

As others said, this could arguably be the best movie in the franchise (definitely one of the best at least).

my only main criticism was I didn't like the opening 15-20mins of the film. Very boring, scene setting, kept showing multiple cities/worlds with new characters like I was supposed to remember all that, who the characters was and the dialogue....."nah ain't nobody got time for that!"

Will see it tomorrow but ? like this will make the movie an overrated disappointment. Nothing will top the original trilogy just like no Zelda game will top OoT or FF me will top FFVII.

Negroe please it's not as bad as he says it is. The internet is full of sour pus muphukas who like to hate on what every body else likes. Just like in the real world some people are in love with the sound of their own voice
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

u go ? wit it fam..

83f5m72ht0rt.png

Episode 1, 2 and 3 introduced a new generation of Star Wars fans. Funny how the movies weren't hated back then and the theaters were packed. They spawned the resurgence of the franchise.

B/c they didn't have the Internet back then. Word of mouth was one of the reasons for it success. No Kodi or other streamlined sites that made it accessible to watch it from home.

Of course you had the storyline, special effects, and music that contributed. But not Internet imo is a big reason.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    I swear when vader forced pushed the rebel up to the ceiling he was giving a fist pump saying ? yeah to himself when he was walking they ass down lol

Like some one on YouTube posted it's like that moment in battlefront when you get the hero power up. Whenever I become Vader on the battlefield ? turn tail and head for the hills because they know what time it is.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not so sure it's quite as good as the Empire Strikes Back but I definitely put it as being just as good or better than any of the other movies.

I feel like this movie was especially made for the fanboys were as the Force Awakens catered to the more casual audience.

Vader's coming through with that ether at the end was so unnecessary to the plot of the movie but so satisfying to people who know follow these movies, as soon I heard that deep mechanical breathing I knew what time it was.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it today...

While Rouge One isn't on par with the originals this is the 1st legit prequel IMO. Can mos def start with Rouge one then Eps 4-6 and act like the other movies never happened.